Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2021, 19:56   #676
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
I'm still waiting for a TD of the AT/DSG variants from the dealership.

Can you please confirm if the 1.0 AT Highline has Cruise Control?
I relied on the documentation on the forum and assumed that the highline did not have cruise control and so didn’t bring it up during the test drive. Although, none of the buttons on the steering looked like a dummy to me. That’s for sure. Sorry can’t add much beyond this.
Old 27th September 2021, 22:08   #677

Finally took a test drive of the 1.5TSI DSG today. Took it to the highway. The car feels solid, and drives like a breeze. Even at high speeds as 120 kmph, lane changing is easy.

Minimum body roll, and just point the car, it will drive in that direction. Very light and responsive steering wheel! And it's got feedback!

I had no issues with the audio system, though coming from a Polo, missed the volume dial, and took time to get used to the touch/steering volume control.

No engine noise while idling and low rpm. Press the accelerator, and that much needed sporty sound is there!

I enquired and the horn can be changed to the legacy VW during service for a price(would definitely change it)

I drove my Vento right after the Taigun, and the Vento's steering felt bad after that

I pushed the car really hard, and it just wanted to go harder. Overall, the 1.5 DSG(and I am sure, the manual too!) is a very sporty SUVW.

Interiors feel sporty, and good. Fittings are nice.
Sealed the deal!
drivingaddict07 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 00:15   #678
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy42 View Post
Not sure of anyone covered this regarding the rear seat. I found that there was wasted space (maybe structural element) that extends beyond the seat sides. So if 3 were to sit, two of them would have to lean against that hard plastic which rests on the bone. This is very uncomfortable even for a minute of seating. Below is the image of the same, referring the hard plastic beside the seatbelt.
This is the same for the Kushaq as well.

The element is necessitated by the intruding wheel wells towards the bottom portion of the seats. However, while some competition have taken steps to make up for it, the Germans haven't thought too much about the need for 3 people in the cabin.

For example - Creta has the same plastic taken up seat space, but wisely covers it up towards the top of the seats where people don't notice it, and width is really noticed at the shoulders.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-pxl_20210925_083522430-1.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-2020hyundaicreta54.jpg

That said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy42 View Post
I'm not sure of this is a necessary element, but without these protrusions, it could have easily seated 3 at the back and would have been my go to option, eyes closed.
However, still unlikely to be a comfortable three seater, because of the physical dimensions. The rear track is smaller than several sub-4m SUVs, just like the overall width! Clever packaging could maximise what's available, but what's available itself is the smallest in the class and even a class below!

Vitara Brezza - Rear track 1505mm
Skoda Kushaq / VW Taigun - Rear track 1516mm
Ford Ecosport - Rear track 1524mm
TATA Nexon - Rear track 1530mm
Nissan Magnite - 1535mm
MG ZST (Astor) - 1539mm
Mahindra XUV 3OO - Rear track 1563mm
Kia Seltos - 1573mm

When they were so limited by the platform, may be the product planners thought it is best to consider the Taigun as a comfortable four seater instead of projecting it as a poor five seater.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th September 2021 at 00:17.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 01:25   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

The element is necessitated by the intruding wheel wells towards the bottom portion of the seats. However, while some competition have taken steps to make up for it, the Germans haven't thought too much about the need for 3 people in the cabin.

When they were so limited by the platform, may be the product planners thought it is best to consider the Taigun as a comfortable four seater instead of projecting it as a poor five seater.
Not entirely true.

Taigun is basically a T-Cross, which internationally is placed as starting variant below TROC.

Area could have been cleverly masked. Skoda has done in Kamiq and skipped in Kushaq. Link

Only reason not to cover this spot is that, it is built to a cost scenario.

I am not saying covering this spot would have made it a 5 seater, but it would have added comfort and luxury.

Those clever additions is what changes customer perception.
Attached Images

CircleOfLife is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 02:33   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1397 View Post
I simply can't understand why they would delete features like this that make a Volkswagen a Volkswagen
Honestly. Today I discovered on my Ameo that if the Hazard lights are on with the engine on and pull the indicator, only the indicator works to the side we pulled the indicator. This happened when I had parked and then pulled the indicator forgetting to switch off the hazard lights. Cool and smart. Such simple features make a lot of difference when upgrading.
theabstractmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 09:20   #681
BHPian

Hey folks!
Have anyone of you seen the Taigun 1.0 AT top line variant in flesh? If so how do the Cassino alloys look in comparison with the Manila alloys on the GT spec variants?
Would be nice if someone can spot the feature differences between the Topline AT and the GT 1.5 TSI AT as I can’t spot any by having a look at the brochures.
Old 28th September 2021, 09:46   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Hey folks!
Have anyone of you seen the Taigun 1.0 AT top line variant in flesh? If so how do the Cassino alloys look in comparison with the Manila alloys on the GT spec variants?
Hopefully following video will help you with the differences between the Topline alloys and GT ones. The red car shown is the topline and the white one is GT. Personally i like the alloys on the topline more than the GT .

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 12:47   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingaddict07 View Post
I drove my Vento right after the Taigun, and the Vento's steering felt bad after that
I have not driven the Taigun but Kushaq.I did not felt the same. Infact Kushaq's steering was pretty light compared to my Vento 1.6 TDI and the connection with road was not confident inspiring like vento
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 13:00   #684

Found this news on the internet, not sure about its veracity.

VW seems to be again caught "cheating".

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...ns-tests-again

Mods: Please delete or move to relevant section as deemed correct.
Old 28th September 2021, 13:39   #685
BHPian

Looking at the insurance prices listed in the price lists posted here. Did a quick search on Policy Bazaar for insurance for Bangalore at IDV value of 21 lacs.

Name:  insurance.png
Views: 1223
Size:  45.8 KB
Old 28th September 2021, 13:57   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingaddict07 View Post

I pushed the car really hard, and it just wanted to go harder. Overall, the 1.5 DSG(and I am sure, the manual too!) is a very sporty SUVW.
Not sure, if I'm in the same boat as you on the steering. I felt the new electronic motor light for my liking. I am more inclined towards the heft I get with my Polo GT TSI, 2014 make.

In terms of the engine, I second your feel. That engine loves to rev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
I have not driven the Taigun but Kushaq.I did not felt the same. Infact Kushaq's steering was pretty light compared to my Vento 1.6 TDI and the connection with road was not confident inspiring like vento
I had a small round of test drive on the car last Saturday; two rounds on the bypass road here in Kolkata.

The initial feel was that the body being tall felt not so confident in comparison to my Polo GT TSI. Although it was going precisely in the direction I pointed, but felt a bit cautious at the back of my head - like if I push it too much, I might fall over.

So in essence, I am feeling like I am more of a sedan guy rather than a SUV form factor. May be I will wait for the notchback to be launched in Q1 2022.

Having said that, the sales advisor is again pitching for another long test drive coming Saturday. Let's see if a long test drive makes me feed otherwise.
KapilD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 14:07   #687
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If so how do the Cassino alloys look in comparison with the Manila alloys on the GT spec variants?
All images were there in Page #1 of the thread itself. Posting once again -

Volkswagen Taigun Review-2021vwtaigun25.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-2021vwtaigun24.jpg

Quote:
Would be nice if someone can spot the feature differences between the Topline AT and the GT 1.5 TSI AT as I can’t spot any by having a look at the brochures.
Main difference is the missing leather + ventillated seats on the GT 1.5 DSG as compared to 1.0 Topline AT.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-2021vwtaigun28.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-2021vwtaigun25-1.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 15:42   #688
BHPian

Like the Manila alloys more than the ones on the GT.
Also IMHO the silver Taigun in the topline trim looks more understated and elegant in comparison to the flashy chrome laden GT in especially the curcuma yellow.

Last edited by pradheepsr : 28th September 2021 at 15:43.
Old 28th September 2021, 16:04   #689

Thank you for your reply, very much appreciated and my first mod reply

Quote:
I agree with you and cannot agree more on this point. The seating is as comfortable as it can be when seated in the designated positions, almost like hugging, and confidence booster even for rear seat passengers, can be assured you will not be thrown around.

Quote:
Had not noticed this on the Kushaq. Was very pronounced on taigun.
Old 29th September 2021, 00:08   #690
BHPian

Hi all
I test drove the 1.5TSI Taigun over the weekend.

A few thoughts (totally personal opinions):

Pros:
-Great looks (esp. the yellow color looks great in person. Photos dont do justice)
-Good music system
-Felt planted while driving (even drove in sports mode and it was fun to drive in the small portion of open road)

Cons:
-Small size
-Felt that the performance of 1.5TSI was similar to the Kushaq 1.0TSI engine (of course this is based on the fact that I got to test the 1.0TSI on open roads but 1.5TSI on a patch of road that had lots of traffic)
-Interior Plastics not worthy of a car priced around 15L. The AC console felt cheap

Since I am in the market for an SUV in this price range, I was very keen to assess all options. Even test drove MG Hector, Jeep Compass, Seltos (Seltos booked a while back, waiting delivery).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks