Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2022, 20:45   #1426
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Got the 6 month inspection done today (after 9 months). What prompted this odd timing was the fact that I will be changing oil, filter and drain plug every 7,500 kms. I was also told about the campaign where the rear wheel hubs needed to be replaced to which I agreed.

However something strikes me as fishy. The hubs that were removed were Made in India hubs. The replacement ones were from a supplier in China and had part number 6RF501611A. Luckily for my documentation, I had taken a picture of the sealed box it came in. The price on the box is about Rs 2800. I was filing the invoices and noticed that each hub was mentioned on the invoice with tax at about Rs 9500. The part number mentioned on the invoice is 2Q0501611B.

My biggest concern is this - Why would they fit a part number that is different from what they have mentioned on the invoice? Parts bins do not usually have a different code for the same part unless there is a some difference. While the part may have the same shape and size, it may have a different tensile strength or a different load carrying capacity.

They seem to have used a hub from the Vento, Polo, Ameo, Rapid parts bin and
telling VW India that they are actually putting in a more expensive part and taking them for a ride? For now I have highlighted this concern only to the service advisor who said he will get back to me.

Any suggestions on what route I should take next if I am do not get an answer?
Old 11th July 2022, 10:17   #1427

A mighty dump truck standing behind my "cherry".

This is a Terrex dump truck, payload capacity 100 te, now standing (on support) surveyed off.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220710_163842.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220710_163857.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 20th July 2022 at 18:43. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
satvik4134 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 10:57   #1428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
Got the 6 month inspection done today (after 9 months). What prompted this odd timing was the fact that I will be changing oil, filter and drain plug every 7,500 kms. I was also told about the campaign where the rear wheel hubs needed to be replaced to which I agreed.
Hello there, i got a query, Won't warranty get void if servicing/check up meant for 6 months is done after 9 months? Also, is changing oil recommended before what Volkswagen says? I also got 6 months checkup done at 5000 kms on 6th July. It got due on 29th June and I was told that delaying it more than 15 days is not at all recommended.
Old 12th July 2022, 16:46   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satvik4134 View Post
Hello there, i got a query, Won't warranty get void if servicing/check up meant for 6 months is done after 9 months? Also, is changing oil recommended before what Volkswagen says? I also got 6 months checkup done at 5000 kms on 6th July. It got due on 29th June and I was told that delaying it more than 15 days is not at all recommended.
The 2nd service or the 6th month service is a general inspection. It has no change of any parts, filters etc. So there is no question of warranty being void. Had it been servicing then yes, they are right to make a fuss about it.

Manufacturers will be fine should you choose to change your oil more often. A one year interval is a great for car sales but in driving conditions such as ours (at least here in Mumbai) it is good for the engine to have a fresh oil and filter.
Newtown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 19:05   #1430
SDx
BHPian

Did back-to-back test drive of Taigun and Virtus 1 liter AT last weekend. Below are my few observations. Most of them might have been already covered here in this thread
  • Driving dynamics of Virtus felt much better than Taigun. Loved the way it drives. Sedan being a Sedan, I guess. Coming from Ameo 1.5 DGS, I was right at home. Sadly, Virtus is to long for my me. I am in the market for Sub-4 meter car but somehow Taigun feels ok.
  • Auto gearbox seemed flimsy while putting it in D or any mode as a matter of fact when compared to my Ameo. Not sure if anyone else had the same feeling. SA blamed it on being a test drive vehicle and manhandled by many customers.
  • Manual AC on Highline model was a huge disappointment, reminded me of my Figo which came at 1/3 of this price (approx.). My Ameo Highline bought over 5 years ago has more features than a segment above Highline. Namely Auto AC, Auto IRVM, All 4 one touch anti-pinch windows. I should get more features on a segment above car with a much higher price tag.
  • Though temp was not that high on that day, Taigun AC performed better (I mean adequate) than Virtus. Not sure why.
  • Coming back to IRVM, apart from being manual it is a bit small. Checked with SA if it was possible for them to install auto IRVM from Topline however as per him its not possible since there are no couplers provide for this update.
Question to current Highline owners – has anyone been able to update the IRVM without voiding the warranty?
SDx is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 13:50   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDx View Post
[*]Auto gearbox seemed flimsy while putting it in D or any mode as a matter of fact when compared to my Ameo. Not sure if anyone else had the same feeling. SA blamed it on being a test drive vehicle and manhandled by many customers.[/list][list]
Yes, this could be the reason. Test drive vehicles are subjected to abuse both by customers and dealerships.

Quote:
Manual AC on Highline model was a huge disappointment, reminded me of my Figo which came at 1/3 of this price (approx.).
Highline gets Auto AC as well. It is as per the choice of the customer. If you buy a manual AC Highline variant, you get a discount of Rs.15,000. They are doing this due to the chip shortage problems and also to cater to the customers who don't like touchscreen panels.

Quote:
My Ameo Highline bought over 5 years ago has more features than a segment above Highline. Namely Auto AC, Auto IRVM, All 4 one touch anti-pinch windows. I should get more features on a segment above car with a much higher price tag.
Previously, VW's top model was named as Highline, mid model as Comfortline and base model as Trendline. After the introduction of Taigun and Virtus, they reshuffled their variant names. Now, it goes like this- top model as Topline, mid model as Highline and base model as Comfortline. I own a Vento 1.6MPI Highline 2015 which was Vento's top model at that point of time. So Highline being a mid model gets lesser features than Topline, if it had all the features then no one would go for the Topline (Basic marketing strategy).
TechnoBloop is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 21:30   #1432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva14 View Post

Retro-fitting Auto folding ORVMs on my Taigun Topline MT

Thanks for sharing this bit Atharva.

I had a question with respect to my Taigun Highline Manual. I checked with my dealer about retrofitting ORVMs and got to know that the retrofitting discount applies only to Topline and GT models. Found the same information on Twitter as well. I find this very weird that something which has been mentioned in official brochure of the car is not provided and also there is no discount factored in towards the same, at the time of purchase.

My question to other more experienced BHPians is what should my course of this action in this case?

Will contacting VW leadership(if at all I succeed in doing that) help?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th July 2022 at 16:26. Reason: Trimming quoted post; kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
postitonbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 22:38   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by postitonbhp View Post
Thanks for sharing this bit Atharva.

I had a question with respect to my Taigun Highline Manual. I checked with my dealer about retrofitting ORVMs and got to know that the retrofitting discount applies only to Topline and GT models.
Will contacting VW leadership(if at all I succeed in doing that) help?
Hi there! As far as I know from my dealer too, the retrofitting was only available for topline and GT+. But I'd suggest you please put a mail to VW India on the same query, you definitely will get a prompt reply. Good luck and please update on the issue!
Old 14th July 2022, 15:30   #1434
BHPian

I came across something in SM that could be useful to all the Virtus/Taigun/Tiguan owners out there.

A guy is selling VW OEM badges for the steering wheels of Virtus, Taigun, and Tiguan.

Name:  Screenshot 20220714 152031.jpg
Views: 1836
Size:  118.1 KB

This is his Instagram profile - vag.planet
Link - https://www.instagram.com/vag.planet/
You can message him for more info!

PS- This is not sponsored, I just came across this and thought this could be useful for the members who own any of the above mentioned cars.
TechnoBloop is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 20:38   #1435
BHPian

Imagine my surprise when I came across this article.

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...-here/2519895/

1. Engine idle Start-stop - is this feature going to be made available for Taigun 1.0Ls purchased in 2021? Is this something the ASC will do in the next visit to them or do we have to pay for it? Whether this is a good feature to have or not is another question.

2. I have no idea what the 6% increase actually translates to but is this something the ASC can do via tuning some Engine parameters? As it is mileage in city traffic is bad, in my opinion. The MID shows 11-14kmpl but tank full to tank full basis calculation show less than 10kmpl.

If anyone has any information on these, please do share.

Last edited by asmr : 14th July 2022 at 20:40. Reason: corrected for clarity in questions
Old 17th July 2022, 10:21   #1436

Did that already. Dropping a mail to CC does not help, your query will ultimately reach your dealer. From my POV, dealer is not at fault as they are doing only what company has advised them to do. It's a fault in the company policy. What other options do we have? How can we reach VW leadership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva14 View Post
Hi there! As far as I know from my dealer too, the retrofitting was only available for topline and GT+. But I'd suggest you please put a mail to VW India on the same query, you definitely will get a prompt reply. Good luck and please update on the issue!
Old 19th July 2022, 22:31   #1437
BHPian

7200kms, 4 months update:

We managed to complete 7200kms on our Taigun 1.0 MT in 4 months, the experience has been decent but only if we keep aside the AC issue and the brake noise issue at crawling speeds. The AC issue is quite evident, but I haven't experienced the brake noise a lot (probably once every 100 kms). The mileage figures have been decent ranging from 11kmpl to 18kmpl on just regular fuel (haven't tried 95/97 Octane even once).

As the car was near 7500kms and the next few weeks the car would've been busy, we sent it at 7250kms. As it was a pick-and-drop service, the following points were told to the service advisor.

1. Front doors rattle
2. Brake noise (will probably know in a few 100kms if this has been rectified)
3. AC issue (asked if there was any update, but the advisor was clueless that this is an actual issue and so this was probably ignored)
4. Fix rain/sun/wind deflectors for the side windows

The doors and rubbers were lubricated, and the deflectors were fixed for Rs. 2249 (which was also the overall bill). The car was dropped back after about 6 hours.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-123.png

To my surprise, the wind noise / cabin noise has increased after fixing the deflectors, we have it on our other cars as well but never noticed anything like that. The noise is close to something that comes when the windows aren't fully rolled up.

This is how it looks:
Volkswagen Taigun Review-snap_20220719204150.jpg
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_5270.jpg

Also, one more interesting find:
The VW guys really reset the whole service interval and now according to my Taigun, an oil change or a service is due in another 15,000 kms or 365 days. I thought it was gonna be 7,500 kms or 2xx days (I am sure, that's how it should be).

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_5269.jpg
Volkswagen Taigun Review-snap_20220719194543.jpg
adigup is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 17:00   #1438

Can someone share the pictures of window visors for VW Taigun? I have enquired about this in the showroom and they said they don't have it in stock. I checked aftermarket ones and they looked okay. I would like to know how it looks with window visors attached. And should I go with aftermarket ones. I have Highline AT Reflex Silver, the gloss on the visors sort of did not go with nongloss near side car pillars.
silhouette-r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 08:42   #1439
BHPian

I got the 15000km oil change service done a couple of weeks ago at exactly 5 months after purchasing the car. Surprisingly service cost was less than the estimate given (Rs. 11000), which was welcome. It costed Rs. 6790 including Wuerth AC disinfection. I opted out of getting the exterior and interior detailing priced at Rs. 4500 which included a complementary wheel polishing worth Rs. 2500. The car is doing well, no issues so far except the auto up/down of driver's side power window which is a hit or miss (works properly only sometimes). I'm doing a Mysore to Goa roadtrip soon. Will share more details as well as route/road condition update soon.

P.S.: With a light footed driving I'm getting an overall mileage of 15kmpl (60% highway & 40% city usage - Thankfully no bumper to bumper slow moving traffic at Mysore so far except on days with Special events at Chamundi temple or during Dusshera) - Calculated by tank full to tank full method. From the past 2 months I've been using only Indian Oil XP95. The car is a 1.0L Topline MT.
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220715_085801.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220715_090043.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220715_085839__01.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220715_085852__01.jpg
Osteon206 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 18:57   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silhouette-r View Post
Can someone share the pictures of window visors for VW Taigun?

Installed this from a local accessory shop for Rs1100/-

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220626_125045.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220626_125055.jpg
Atharva14 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks