Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2022, 11:43   #1486
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAgile View Post
Is the interior the same as the normal Topline variant or changes there too? Some additional features or changes in interior trims, or maybe an anniversary badge?
As per online reports/articles changes are only on the external body of the car.
Old 18th September 2022, 19:19   #1487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on Team-BHP. I recently bought the Volkswagen Taigun 1.5 GT in its manual guise. Have done about 1200kms in a couple of weeks since delivery. I have tried to capture my buying decision and experiences so far with the Taigun GT MT here.
Thanks for this beautiful post!
I have booked Kushaq 1.0MT but keep on thinking about the 1.5 option. Taigun GT is my only option in 1.5 category. As you were in the same dilemma once, what is your opinion on this? Now that you have driven the GT enough, would you recommend me spending those extra bucks to get the 1.5 over 1.0?
hisimbaness is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 23:33   #1488

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisimbaness View Post
I have booked Kushaq 1.0MT but keep on thinking about the 1.5 option. Taigun GT is my only option in 1.5 category. As you were in the same dilemma once, what is your opinion on this? Now that you have driven the GT enough, would you recommend me spending those extra bucks to get the 1.5 over 1.0?
Absolutely! Yes! If you prefer manuals, try pushing your budget and get the GT manual. Though this variant lacks some good to have features, it makes up with some useful features such as hill hold and Active Cylinder Tech. The engine has been a delight on the highways delivering effortless performance every single time. I have done about 5500kms so far and most of it on the highway. And the desire to get behind the Taigun's wheel hasn't subsided one bit. The gearing is just perfect aided with a good low end grunt. The result, fantastic drivability. You wont find yourself shifting very often. And, if you are conscious about mileage, you have some good news since the GT manual if driven with a light-foot delivers close to 17-18kmpl on highways. It can do even better if you have the patience to hold on to ~80kmph. The Active Cylinder tech works very well if you know how to trigger it which you will eventually. Overall, I’m very glad I chose this over the 1.0. The only thing I really miss is cruise control, which I’m planning to retrofit as in when I source it. Hope this helps.
Petronius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 17:13   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisimbaness View Post
Taigun GT is my only option in 1.5 category. As you were in the same dilemma once, what is your opinion on this? Now that you have driven the GT enough, would you recommend me spending those extra bucks to get the 1.5 over 1.0?
It is going to be a year for me soon driving the GT AT. Please go ahead with it if budget allows. The 1.0 is good but once you get behind 1.5L engine its a no brainer. I have driven more than 15K kms.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 17:25   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Some pages ago on this thread, there was quite some discussion on RON95 vs regular petrol for Taigun. Is Ron95 just a recommended better option for Taigun ? Or will using regular fuel have adverse impact on the engine ?
Old 20th September 2022, 18:24   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Some pages ago on this thread, there was quite some discussion on RON95 vs regular petrol for Taigun. Is Ron95 just a recommended better option for Taigun ? Or will using regular fuel have adverse impact on the engine ?
I have seen a couple of posts here on Team BHP from VW owners of previous models that RON91 works just fine. However, my view, based on 5600kms with my Taigun AT Topline, is that it is much better to go with RON95. It says so in the fuel lid that anything less than RON95 is for emergencies only and we need to switch back to RON95.

I have experienced first hand noticeable sluggishness from the engine and lower fuel efficiency in the 3 instances I used RON91.

Practically speaking, yes, using a lower RON petrol will cause a lot of knocking which will damage the engine. I am not sure how much of this can be mitigated (if at all) by the engine controller.
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 13:40   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Have completed about 9500 kms. Have used normal fuel when 95 was not available. 95 felt smoother and returned marginally better mileage. Knowing VW and its ASC better to safe than sorry. Between the brands, IOC, HP and BP in order of preference and from coco pumps. This is from my experience and users might have different experience.
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 14:22   #1493
SDx
BHPian

Rushlane reports new set of test mules consisting of 2 Taiguns and a Kushaq. They seem to be 1.0 litre versions. What are they testing now? I highly doubt it's a AWD system. Hopefully it's a fix for the Ac.

Source
Old 2nd October 2022, 14:49   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDx View Post
Rushlane reports new set of test mules consisting of 2 Taiguns and a Kushaq. They seem to be 1.0 litre versions. What are they testing now? I highly doubt it's a AWD system. Hopefully it's a fix for the Ac.
The cars were seen in new colour (? matte black).
VW Taigun and Kushaq has got the basic features (including safety features) well covered in the top models. Some variant modifications are welcome. I for example would love a fully loaded non sunroof model with AT. Kushaq has got such a model for MT. Others might like a panoramic sunroof.
Some feature upgrade they can consider are to include rear disc brakes. A fully functional direct tpms in place of the current one and electrically adjustable driver seat. These are not deal breaker by any means.

AWD if indeed included would be a great option with the power of 1.5 litre engine. Can they come up with an alternative solution for the infamous 200DQ DSG gearbox ?
With VW we don't need more features, but reliability and assured Service. With India 2.0 they need aggressive expansion of ASS and Showrooms like KIA did in a short time.
Old 2nd October 2022, 15:56   #1495
SDx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-g-p View Post
The cars were seen in new colour (? matte black).
VW Taigun and Kushaq has got the basic features (including safety features) well covered in the top models. Some variant modifications are welcome.
I certainly hope so they are doing some additions, otherwise just testing a new colour doesn't make such sense . Topline AT without Sunroof will be an interesting option. I personally would like the Highline model to have LED headlights and KESS which are available in Virtus Highline and Kushaq Ambition. Which I feel is fair at higher price point of Taigun. But to add these they don't need to do any additional testing as they are already available on a higher variant. Some new feature should be coming or the AC fix, which was promised by Zac Hollis on his Twitter handle.
Old 3rd October 2022, 13:22   #1496

Something weird that I observed in incoming stock at the showroom I bought my car from:

On the 16th of last month (September), I went to the showroom for the delivery of my car, when a fresh new pair of Taigun and Virtus were unloaded from a carrier truck. On looking at their VINs on the windshield, both of them had MEXJ as their starting characters. The weird part is that the 4th letter signifies the month of manufacturing (A-January, B-February and so on) and by that, the J in the VIN means it was manufactured in October, while it was the middle of September when it arrived at the showroom.

Is something wrong, or am I in the wrong here?
Old 3rd October 2022, 14:00   #1497

Same thing happened to my Kushaq also. While decoding the VIN it showed manufacturing month as September, But as per Vaahn the manufacturing month is December which is also in my RC. My car was delivered in February
sreejithvpna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 03:01   #1498
BHPian

Spotted the VW T-Cross in the US, the front looks so much like a big car (like Tiguan?) and the rear has lights that are a little different. I also noted the car has 6 sensors on the rear bumper - like WOW. I just got one picture, sorry about the quality.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20221003-2.29.30-pm.jpeg
adigup is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 10:04   #1499
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen is offering discounts of up to Rs 80,000 on two of their newest products – the Taigun SUV and the Virtus sedan.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-discount.png

Source: Autocar India
pqr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 11:11   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqr View Post
Volkswagen is offering discounts of up to Rs 80,000 on two of their newest products
First increase price and then offer discount, this has now become a trend
Between, are these discount amount applicable on the "anniversary edition" of Taigun ? Anniversary edition was spared a price increase, I guess !
d-g-p is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed