Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2022, 15:25   #1531
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Big Congratulations to the VW Group.

I hope dealers highlight this strongly and should influence potential buyers who are on the edge.

For me, it is fine to have few less features over 5* safety rating.
neel911 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 16:48   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
As expected 5 stars for Taigun and Kushaq
Great news..!! So, Taigun/Kushaq are India's safest car now by scoring 5 star in both adult and child safety rating overtaking XUV700 and Punch who scored 4 star in child safety.

Kudos to VW group for achieving 5 star with 95% localization.

Feeling very proud as an owner.
Deadpool is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 17:19   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
I understood this is similar to the start-stop tech Maruti has been rolling out under the mild hybrid badge. Any reason why you call this aggressive and annoying? Having the driven the S-Cross AT with mild hybrid tech, I found this to work seamlessly.
I havent experienced the mild hybrid tech in the S Cross, but I can describe what this feature does on the Taigun.

The mechanism switches off the engine within maybe half a second to a second of stopping. At times, when you are at an intersection waiting to cross, or waiting for that gap to open up, or trying to stand up to the aggressive auto driver, having your engine shut off mid wait is annoying.

The mechanism as such is very seamless and switches on the engine based on multiple inputs (Brake/Accelerate/Gear Change/Steering Input etc). But its aggressive shutting off nature is what makes it annoying.
Tanu3000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 18:54   #1534
BHPian

This is good news. VW has not let us down in this aspect. But there are other aspects like service levels, cost of spares and AC that needs to be taken care of.
prabhu7944 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 20:39   #1535
BHPian

Really happy with the GNCAP rating. Proud owner of the Taigun. Pretty sure Virtus & Slavia will also ace the safety test.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-aaaab54775be437b87781db3e1ec8773.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-44e9d64ae81347f98fe4a4836ff27fc9.jpeg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th October 2022 at 23:27. Reason: Comments of deleted post added here. Thanks.
Osteon206 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 21:16   #1536
BHPian

Great job done by VW group. Owning multiple VWs I never felt Taigun quality to be really low. Important thing is they never compromised over safety. I hope some people shift or change their decision from buying tin cans.
Old 15th October 2022, 01:22   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Big Congratulations to the VW Group.

I hope dealers highlight this strongly and should influence potential buyers who are on the edge.

For me, it is fine to have few less features over 5* safety rating.
On the point. Safety and comfortable ride is non negotiable. I really want govt to make these tests mandatory for all cars and both manufacturer and buyer should have incentives in form of lower taxes.
Old 15th October 2022, 15:42   #1538
BHPian

I recently booked Seltos HTX ivt, but looking at the Taigun safety ratings & reconsidering options, I'm thinking of going for another test drive for the Taigun. I did try to Kushaq, but dint like its seating comfort.

I'm considering Taigun topline 1.0 AT / Sonet 1.5D AT / Upgrading Seltos HTX booking to Seltos 1.5D AT

Some queries I have for Taigun 1.0 AT & experience with wider audience here

1. Is there any updates on the AC issue ? [is it only in Topline 1.0 ?]
2. Fuel efficiency seems to be a debatable question with some received below 10kmpl, while others highlighting 13-15+

For context , One of my friend recently bought Topline 1.0 AT in mumbai with delivery just last month & highlighted he is getting avg of 7-8kmpl, which seems a bit on lower end. He did not mention any issues with AC however , hence posting queries here as I think his experience might be limited due to owning the vehicle just for a month or so
Old 15th October 2022, 20:01   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGeneral View Post
1. Is there any updates on the AC issue ? [is it only in Topline 1.0 ?]
2. Fuel efficiency seems to be a debatable question with some received below 10kmpl, while others highlighting 13-15+

For context , One of my friend recently bought Topline 1.0 AT in mumbai with delivery just last month & highlighted he is getting avg of 7-8kmpl, which seems a bit on lower end. He did not mention any issues with AC however , hence posting queries here as I think his experience might be limited due to owning the vehicle just for a month or so
I am one of the early owners (got a Nov 2021 model) of Taigun 1.0 Topline AT. And my odometer stands at 5944Km as of today. I have posted the review of the vehicle with sort of periodic updates on the mileage situation as well in this thread (VW Taigun 1.0L Topline AT | Ownership Review). So I think I can give a fair response to your query.

As far as I know, the AC issue is not limited to Topline. There has been no fix made available until now, specifically for the older VINs.

7-8kmpl in bumper to bumper heavy traffic where engine has to idle at stand still for more than 1min at a time, is the norm. I had to change my commuting time to ensure that the travel time for 18Kms is ~45mins one way instead of 1hr to 1hr15mins in peak traffic. In a standard commute, I see my MID showing 11-12Kmpl rarely. Actual mileage is slightly lower than this number and is even worse with non-RON95 petrols.

The higher mileage figures you are seeing may be because of any one of the following reasons.

(a) Might be for a 1.5L GT version or the 1.0L with Idle start/stop feature. The car may or may have gone through the first full paid service too. I am not sure.

(b) People may be reporting mileage from a less congested city (unlike Mumbai, Bengaluru or Chennai)

(c) Many of the YT videos reporting mileage do so from highway runs, where mileage can be significantly higher depending on sections of terrain. For example, when I was descending from Yercaud hills, the MID showed 25Kmpl. The true mileage can be seen only from a long term tracking, which is what I have been doing in my ownership thread. I have shown even mix of distance on highways vs. non-highways I have driven. You can see the overall average mileage is only around 10Kmpl. Here's the link to my last update (VW Taigun 1.0L Topline AT | Ownership Review) from Sep 09, 2022.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by asmr : 15th October 2022 at 20:03. Reason: Added additional link for ease of access for readers
asmr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 08:48   #1540
BHPian

We booked the Taigun AT (Highline variant, Cherry Red) last evening. The decision was not swayed by GNCAP results as we had more or less decided to go ahead earlier itself. However this is definitely a positive news for us. I am not sure if the 2 airbags gives us the full benefit of 5 stars, but still happy.

Expecting delivery on 24th of this month. Dark Grey and White were available immediately, but we were keen on the red. Final cost came to Rs 17.59 L OTR Bangalore after all discounts. 4 years service package is complimentary. The decision in favour of Taigun over Kushaq was mainly on account of delivery period. Kushaq mid variant (Ambition) is not available for the next 3 months for some reason. Moreover, the VW showroom cum service centre is walking distance from my house, otherwise I was quite ok with either.

A welcome downgrade in the new batches is the manual AC controls, as the touch panel was very bothersome for me.

Last edited by Malyaj : 16th October 2022 at 08:50.
Malyaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 16:10   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post

As far as I know, the AC issue is not limited to Topline. There has been no fix made available until now, specifically for the older VINs.
Thanks, I visited VW showroom yesterday just to check out the Taigun as the showroom was very near by & yes the AC was underwhelming on the test drive vehicle they had, Though the sales executive highlighted that the newer releases have the AC issue fixed as they seem to have changed the entire compressor & the test drive vehicle is an older version. Not sure about validity of this.

On a side note ,I did also checkout the VW Virtus [ absolute stunner in the way it looks to be honest ] since I was at the showroom & it does seem to have better AC/cooling compared to the Taigun. But as all sedans , getting in/out felt a bit cramped for my personality.

I'll be taking test drive next week to see the performance, but wont be going ahead with Taigun if something as basic as an AC is something they ignore/cant fix. A 20+ lakh vehicle deserves basic items to be working.
CosmicGeneral is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 18:11   #1542
BHPian

Considering this as an upgrade from Polo GT TSI.
Have a requirement that it should be comfortable for 2adults and 1 kid(1yr old) at the rear. Always assumed that if I put the child seat at the rear middle, the place would be sufficient for two adults. But I was wrong.
And i believe no car in that price range would be comfortable for my requirement as well. Am I wrong in this assumption or Any suggestions?

Might still end up going ahead with this one due to no other option offering similar drivability, safety.
Old 17th October 2022, 08:05   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifier View Post
Have a requirement that it should be comfortable for 2adults and 1 kid(1yr old) at the rear. Always assumed that if I put the child seat at the rear middle, the place would be sufficient for two adults. But I was wrong.
And i believe no car in that price range would be comfortable for my requirement as well. Am I wrong in this assumption or Any suggestions?
Safety rating wise, there is no better car. This we can say now.

I am confused on your requirement. 2 adults and 1 kid in a child seat will be super comfortable! Yet you mention being wrong about fitting 2 adults and a kid in the back, with a child seat. Yes, that will be very difficult. I assume you are planning to have a driver for this car?
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 16:38   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on Team-BHP. I recently bought the Volkswagen Taigun 1.5 GT in its manual guise. Have done about 1200kms in a couple of weeks since delivery. I have tried to capture my buying decision and experiences so far with the Taigun GT MT here.
Wonderful, crisp review. While the world drools over the 1.5 TSI + DSG combination, very heartening to see an enthusiast who appreciates dynamics and power in its manual guise.
Wageabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 20:22   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifier View Post
Always assumed that if I put the child seat at the rear middle, the place would be sufficient for two adults. But I was wrong.
I have tried this in my Taigun. I use a front facing car seat for my 2 year old. Generally his car seat is strapped behind the front passenger seat. But I have a few times strapped it in the middle seat. Post doing this the space to the left and right can take an extremely skinny passenger or child.

If you plan to seat 2 + 1 car seat in the back, you need to strap the car seat to one side and your passengers have to be a a combo of one normal/one skinny.

Thankfully, my regular passenger profile matches that
Tanu3000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks