Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2022, 07:39   #1636
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Hello Team BHPians!

I had my car's first year completion service done last week. It was all well until I found a scratch on my windshield during the pick up from service center. They accepted that it was their mistake and offered to buff/polish it out when I bring the car back to them later this week.

One question - I was charged for 4 liters of Engine oil. Does Taigun require that much engine oil during a full oil change? Any information would be appreciated!
Old 30th November 2022, 13:33   #1637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post

One question - I was charged for 4 liters of Engine oil. Does Taigun require that much engine oil during a full oil change? Any information would be appreciated!
Yes it does, if you follow the Taigun service cost calculator it can be validated.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot-20221130-1.31.02-pm.png  

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 06:37   #1638

Hello everyone!
Recently hit the 1000km mark on our Taigun. Since then, I've been hearing rattling sounds from the front passenger door and the armrest storage box (when idle/slow speeds). The sounds are loud and unexpected for a 20L vehicle from a brand known for its quality.

Is there any temporary fix for both of these issues or is going to the service center the only option? The sounds are annoying, to say the least.
Old 3rd December 2022, 07:53   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Hello Team BHPians!

I had my car's first year completion service done last week. It was all well until I found a scratch on my windshield during the pick up from service center. They accepted that it was their mistake and offered to buff/polish it out when I bring the car back to them later this week.
My car is due round the corner. Can you pls help with what was done by service center and costs. I didn't opt for service package hence need to keep an eye on service costs.
Old 3rd December 2022, 08:19   #1640

Have been driving Taigun GT for almost six months now. Recently had a rear bump incident and took it to VW service center. Replaced the rear bumper and trunk and got it delivered a week back.

The painting work in the corners were shoddy, but I noticed it only after taking the delivery. Immediately raised with SA but couldn't give it back since I had to go out of station.

Now I'm having doubt with the painting on the whole replaced parts. How do we check if the minimum number of paint coats were done. Any way to check paint depth.
I want the SC to take responsibility of it, if it was not as per standards.
Old 3rd December 2022, 09:59   #1641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
My car is due round the corner. Can you pls help with what was done by service center and costs. I didn't opt for service package hence need to keep an eye on service costs.
Sure thing. See the photos below.

I also did a wheel alignment and balancing since I had a slight left drift when holding the steering wheel perfectly horizontal. Cost is probably on the higher side for that but it did not fix the steering wheel issue. I still need to hold the wheel rotated very slightly to the right (visually we can see the alignment with the gear paddles and the light & wiper stalks). Does anyone have any idea how to fix that for good? I have informed the SA that the issue is unresolved and I need to take the car anyway to get that windshield scratch polished off.

Overall service experience is just meh this time since I had to wait for 90mins to pick up the car. They hadn't cleaned it when I reached the SC at 6pm! And I had to cancel the internal cleaning that I had added on for Rs.2400+tax.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20221130_091850.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20221130_091912.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20221130_091920.jpg
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 15:26   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmn2007 View Post
Have been driving Taigun GT for almost six months now. Recently had a rear bump incident and took it to VW service center. Replaced the rear bumper and trunk and got it delivered a week back.

The painting work in the corners were shoddy, but I noticed it only after taking the delivery. Immediately raised with SA but couldn't give it back since I had to go out of station.

Now I'm having doubt with the painting on the whole replaced parts. How do we check if the minimum number of paint coats were done. Any way to check paint depth.
I want the SC to take responsibility of it, if it was not as per standards.
When I sold my car last month to Cars24, the guy who came to inspect it used something like this https://www.amazon.in/s?k=paint+dept...l_46baal82x7_e to check the paint depth at various spots. He said it was to check if the car had been painted over. You could get one of these for yourself if you like.
Old 3rd December 2022, 18:35   #1643

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
hello bhpians!

[*]did the periodic service. Parts used were: pollen filter, cleaner, lubricant spray, engine oil, oil filter, screw, air filter, another cleaner, antifriction tape.

My experience
I didn't ask (what & why) about any inclusions/exclusions in the sheet as I wanted to see what they do by themselves for the first paid service. Total bill for the 1st service was Rs. 3681 only with labour charges waived which was very nice! Surprisingly they used VW's LONGLIFE IV FE 0W-20 engine oil for my Taigun.

ATTACH]

Hey there, I got my 1.0 highline serviced under the 1st year warranty. I had taken SVP package, so what they did was, change the oil filter, pollen filter, air filter, engine oil, lubricated and cleaned the hinges and other parts for free. They also cleaned the brakes but that was chargeable.
Here I find a difference, in the engine oil, they used Volkswagen Special G, SAE 5W 40. I tried searching on net, there is no mention of Volkswagen India recommending any specific engine oil for the new 1.0 TSI engines.

Can other members share their experiences
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20221202125132.jpg  

satvik4134 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 19:43   #1644

Also, we also observed that my car had consumed alot of engine oil in the 10k run, my odometer reading was 10.2k kms and the oil left was around 2.5 litres I suppose. My car never showed any warning and nor the engine overheated, it always remained on the mid 90. I took this issue to the advisor and he said that the new TSI engines consume lot of oil before first service after which they it improves. I read a note regarding engine failure on polo in the first 7 months with 25-26k kms run and I am worried since. I will keep on monitoring the engine oil level closely and update with the dealership. The car runs smooth as before. Let's see.

Thanks
satvik4134 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 13:53   #1645
SDx
BHPian

After 1 year of searching and waiting for new cars, I have finally bought home Taigun 1L Highline AT in Curcuma Yellow last week . Thank you all for your sharing your valuable feedback on this forum which helped me finalize this car. I have drive 230 kms in 10 days. This one came with smart touch climatronic AC.

Delivery experience was smooth except from some delay from my leasing company's end hence a 18 day gap between PDI and delivery. I ordered mud flap, 3d rubber foot mats and rubber boot mat at the time of PDI however haven't received them till date. Looks like Volkswagen only wants to sell their accesory packages.

Day one, changed the OEM Ceat SecuraDrive tyres to Continental UC6 in same profile. Bridgestone Turanza or Michelin Primary 4ST were not available in the same size or were more than 10 months old. I was quoted 8k each for UC6 (balancing included) and got 4.5k each for SecuraDrive. Total damage 14k. Only drove 20 odd kms on Ceat hence not able to make out the difference.

Car has already made its first visit to the service centre. Tyre alignment felt a little off since the tyre change. Car was pulling towards left. After alignment as well, it takes about 10 seconds for it to start pulling towards left. Is it acceptable?

Could hear some squeaking/rattling on rumble strips and bad roads from the front passenger side. I was not able to pinpoint the source. Service centre has spayed lubricant on rubber of all doors and boot on my complaint. Doesn't feel like it's completely gone though, will have to find the source and try to get it fixed.

As others have reported in this thread, I also loose Android auto where network is bad and has to be manually reconnected. It has happened to me thrice on the same bridge.

Lastly driving pleasure so far has been a mixed bag. Sometimes the car feels peppy other times it has to be pushed. I have been driving diesel cars for the last 10 years and last one was 1.5L DSG. Could that be the reason. Diesel Vs Petrol experience?
SDx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 23:43   #1646

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDx View Post
After 1 year of searching and waiting for new cars, I have finally bought home Taigun 1L Highline AT in Curcuma Yellow last week . Thank you all for your sharing your valuable feedback on this forum which helped me finalize this car. I have drive 230 kms in 10 days. This one came with smart touch climatronic AC.
Hi SDx, can you tell us how much did it cost along with discount breakup please? Did you get complimentary Svp for 4 years as well?
Old 5th December 2022, 07:55   #1647

Hi team BHP

A dealer quoted 15.3 Lakhs OTR on a Highline MT 1.0, I checked around in other dealerships and the best price I got elsewhere was 15.5 Lakhs, the dealer who quoted 15.3 lakhs is for a car with an older build date (Sept 2022). Are there any concerns with buying a car that's been waiting to be scooped up?
Old 5th December 2022, 09:17   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Being from the automobile industry let me tell you something, apart from the body of the car nothing is manufactured by the manufacturer, everything comes from the supplier, you may think that the car is only 6 or 3 or 1 month old based on the VIN, but that is just a data printed by the manufacturer.

All the parts and components inside the car are from the suppliers, some local, some imported, which are being manufactured well in advance in time. You don't even know the dates of their manufacturing. And cars when cared for last for 10-15 years easily. It's not like 3 month or a 6 month old car is not gonna last.

You are right about cars being manufactured in advance, due to part shortage cars were manufactured in advance without electronic components, and when the parts get available, the cars are finished, tested again and dispatched to dealers. All the manufacturers follow these practices. Production is planned well in advance, so due to part shortage these things happen.

I would suggest don't worry too much about it, you have 4 years of standard warranty, plus you can get 2 years of extended warranty. You can do PDI before payment too. Go ahead with the purchase, many people have to wait months for their cars, if you're getting one in time you're lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaflyingfinn View Post
Hi team BHP

A dealer quoted 15.3 Lakhs OTR on a Highline MT 1.0, I checked around in other dealerships and the best price I got elsewhere was 15.5 Lakhs, the dealer who quoted 15.3 lakhs is for a car with an older build date (Sept 2022). Are there any concerns with buying a car that's been waiting to be scooped up?
I'm quoting my post from another thread, please give it a read. I am reading 4 year service package including in offer as well in many advertisements, ask about that. My friend who has booked Kushaq Ambition is getting 40k cash discount on ex showroom, accessories package free, car seat covers free, and insurance for 31k. Calculate your price according to that offer. You can even look at Kushaq, it has projector headlamps which Taigun doesn't.
Old 5th December 2022, 10:01   #1649
BHPian

So VW has added a new variant to the GT Plus which includes ventilated seats. Posting this as it might help some of the prospective buyers.

Few more updates:

1. Rain sensors added on Highline and GT MT.
2. Red reflectors added on the doors similar to what Kushaq had since beginning.
3. Rear fog lamps added.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot-20221205-9.56.02-am.png  

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 10:36   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
So VW has added a new variant to the GT Plus which includes ventilated seats. Posting this as it might help some of the prospective buyers.

Few more updates:

1. Rain sensors added on Highline and GT MT.
2. Red reflectors added on the doors similar to what Kushaq had since beginning.
3. Rear fog lamps added.
Looks like VW has again started milking the newly launched models, just like it did for the Polo, Vento, etc - Just trickle down features one by one and provide facelifts. They should have tried to improve the quality of the interior switches, rear-camera etc and they could really have a nice package to replace the Jetta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks