Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2022, 22:22   #1621
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajahSaheb View Post
Hello everyone. First post!

I've been looking at the Taigun 1.5 GT Plus as an upgrade from our 8yr old Vento TSI and found it tad annoying that the 1.5 GT Plus model skipped out on the Ventilated seats. But it seems now VW has come to its senses by bringing Ventilated seats to the 1.5 GT Plus model according to this link (scroll down to the price section):

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/mode...ic%2BDSG%22%7D

It also shows up as an option for Book Online on the website so I feel confident that Ventilated seats are now finally available for real on the 1.5 GT Plus and isn't just an enthusiatic webmaster with wishful thinking.

But as per the description on the webpage it also seems that VW is dropping the folding ORVM while offering Ventilated Seats and at the same time charging Rs.25000 more!

I don't understand this "price increase with feature substitution" approach
Quote:
Originally Posted by MismatchD View Post
Welcome to the forum! It's good to know that VW's finally giving ventilated seats to the GT Plus variant, but still dumbstruck to see them remove Auto-ORVMs from it, albeit charging a higher price!

Anyways, if you get this variant, you can probably ask the dealer to retrofit Auto-ORVMs back to the car, if you need them. They cost Rs. 15,000 (May vary per dealer) additionally, which is bothersome, especially when someone buys an already overpriced car.
This list on the website is incorrect and I have seen a MY23 DSG Taigun with the Ventilated seats and the auto folding ORVMs functioning. A close friend has also booked the same variant and discounts are a plenty. Easy to get around 80K off the list price.

Deliveries have started. PFA
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot_20221119_180422_instagram.jpg  

agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 00:02   #1622

hello bhpians!

This is my first post on TeamBhp.
Last year, I purchased my VW Taigun after reading through the forums for a long time. Thanks to all of you.
Since, I'm one of the early buyers of the vehicle and a part of TAIGUN SQUAD (prebooked before price reveal) I think I can be of some use to other members in the forum.

Here's the 1st service experience of my Taigun as it completed its 1st year in october starting.:

About the vehicle:
VW Taigun Highline AT purchased for 16,70,000 (14,10,000) from VW Indore with RTO regitstration and insurance.

Appointment
Indore has only one VW dealer & that is also the authorized service center.
Of all people that I knew from purchase of my vehicle from VW Indore either left the firm or changed their number. And my home is 70 km from the dealership. So, I filled a form on VW website for 1st paid service.

Surprisingly, nobody called even after 1 week. So, i decided to pay a visit to the dealership on saturday. Service advisors declined to service the vehicle asking to come after 3-4 days even after I told them about raising a serivce request.

But somehow, the guy who actually does the servicing heard me outside saying to my friend (mail likh dete hain VW ko, team bhp pe bhi mention krdenge) & saw Advocate badge on the vehicle. He convinced service advisors to book appointment next day "Sunday". I managed to stay at somebody's house that night.

Service:
Next day I went to the dealer at 10 a.m. & asked the guy:
  • to do periodic 1 year service.
  • My fender got loose so asked them to tighten it.
  • Rear seat belts were not buckling up because of the seat covers installed by dealer earlier. (leather top line ones)
  • Horn upgrade
  • creaking noise from center console (around gear knob silver part)
  • loose lower window rubber beading & chrome garnish for the same
  • window one-touch up-down not working
  • install dashcam
  • tyre inflator with auto cut
  • 3m Anti rodent coating
Out of these, they:
  • did the periodic service. Parts used were: pollen filter, cleaner, lubricant spray, engine oil, oil filter, screw, air filter, another cleaner, antifriction tape.
  • fixed loose fender, but put a small dent (sad)
  • didn't pull out the rear seat belt buckles citing accessory guy is not available. very bad!
  • horn upgrade - declined (due to warranty)
  • didn't fix center console creaking & applied saint gobain tape instead (doors were already fine from day 1)
  • Once again, they lubricated the window rubber and didn't replace the window winding motor saying part needs to be ordered. (did the same on 6 month service)
  • No info for the dashcam & tyre inflator - accessories guy was not there and others didn't bother to provide information.
  • Updated software (AC was already fine but is now super chilling)
  • 3M Anti rodent coating - 3m guy present at the delaership did coating only on engine top. All wires at the bottom were left, wheel arches were left, didn't even bother to lift the vehicle to cover underbody wires. I realized I have been looted later after reading the 3m rat attack thread. Very very poor.
  • Car wash - nicely done specially interiors!

My experience
I didn't ask (what & why) about any inclusions/exclusions in the sheet as I wanted to see what they do by themselves for the first paid service. Total bill for the 1st service was Rs. 3681 only with labour charges waived which was very nice! Surprisingly they used VW's LONGLIFE IV FE 0W-20 engine oil for my Taigun.

But what I found weird and unexpected was 3M Anti rodent coating's charge of Rs. 1984.
I didn't see the details at that time as the total sum Rs. 5666/- looked to me in the expected range & I was happy I didn't have to go back empty handed.

But, later realized that 3M guy at the dealership didn't even cover wheel arches and bottom wires. So, I bought a spray myself later (rs.531 - amazon) and did it. Another bad thing I experienced is part availability for window winding motor - it has been almost an year and my window does not work. Yesterday I called them to place the order already so that next time part is already available but they told me, we can't order the part without your vehicle present here. So, they are asking me to visit again just to place an order and later visit again to actually install the new motor. Disappointing!
Overall I found behaviour of the staff very ignorant because they are the only option we people have here.

Here's a picture of squirrel attack on battery cover after which I ordered 3m spray:
Volkswagen Taigun Review-20221120_163445.jpg
Volkswagen Taigun Review-2022_11_22-23_29-office-lens.jpg
captain planet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 00:35   #1623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on Team-BHP. I recently bought the Volkswagen Taigun 1.5 GT in its manual guise. Have done about 1200kms in a couple of weeks since delivery. I have tried to capture my buying decision and experiences so far with the Taigun GT MT here.
Hi Fellow members,
I just took test drive of Taigun GT manual, feel in love with it right away. I am planning to upgrade from my Vento Diesel DSG. I worried about it's fuel efficiency, my driving consists of State highways 90% of the time. What's the practical fuel efficiency of 1.5 EVO & 1.0 TSI engines?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 23rd November 2022 at 08:35. Reason: Broken quote tags
Old 23rd November 2022, 09:32   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAk View Post
Hi Fellow members,
I just took test drive of Taigun GT manual, feel in love with it right away. I am planning to upgrade from my Vento Diesel DSG. I worried about it's fuel efficiency, my driving consists of State highways 90% of the time. What's the practical fuel efficiency of 1.5 EVO & 1.0 TSI engines?
I have been diligently tracking fuel efficiency for my 1.0 TSI Topline. You may check here (VW Taigun 1.0L Topline AT | Ownership Review). But I have an almost 50%-50% split on city vs highway runs.

I would wager that you should get 14-16Kmpl on tank full to tank full calculation, since you say it is 90% run on state highways. But depends on road condition, traffic conditions and driving style.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 10:19   #1625

Quote:
Hi Fellow members,
Hi I was on the same boat 7 months back. I took the plunge since I was floored by the way the 1.5tsi drove in its manual form. 7 months and 7000kms later, I’m certainly glad that I took that decision. Since this particular variant doesn’t come with bells and whistles, you really get the time to appreciate the driving dynamics and simplicity of this car. As far as fuel efficiency is concerned, I get around 11-12kmpl in city driving conditions and 17-18kmpl (Maintaining 90-100kmph) on highways. But as you will know, turbo petrols are very sensitive to throttle input. Driving with a heavy foot (i.e even if you are just cruising at 100kmph with a heavy foot) can make the mileage drop like crazy. However, if you drive with a light foot, the ACT tech in 1.5tsi will take care of the fuel efficiency by deactivating two cylinders. The best I got on a 500km road trip with one passenger, a kid and packed boot was 17.5kmpl(Maintained 100-110kmph). The trick is to find the trigger point where the ACT kicks in each gear and keeping it activated. Its difficult to find that point at the beginning but in a matter of days you will get used to it. I suggest to use the current dynamic fuel economy view and then see how the fuel efficiency changes according to your throttle input and work your way up. Hope this helps.
Petronius is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 10:49   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Fellow members,
What's the practical fuel efficiency of 1.5 EVO & 1.0 TSI engines?
1.5 TSI engines from VAG are extremely good when it comes to performance as well as efficiency. My Virtus GT has been giving consistently 18+ mileage on highway trips while in city I am getting between 13-14 kmpl.
The best I got from Pune to Mumbai - 22 KMPL with 4 people onboard and full luggage.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 11:57   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
hello bhpians!

Surprisingly they used VW's LONGLIFE IV FE 0W-20 engine oil for my Taigun.
I know this is the oil they use for the 1.5. Probably the same for the 1.0. If you open the bonnet the grade and VW spec no. should be mentioned there.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd November 2022 at 12:40. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 12:45   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
What's the practical fuel efficiency of 1.5 EVO & 1.0 TSI engines?
I drive a Taigun GT+ on the crowded roads of Bangalore. I get a city mileage of 10-11 Kmpl. On Highways, I have got a mileage of 17-18 Kmpl. I had a polo 1.2MPI previously and that would give me the same mileage. For a car with double the power and more than double the torque, I think its pretty great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I suggest to use the current dynamic fuel economy view and then see how the fuel efficiency changes according to your throttle input and work your way up. Hope this helps.
This is a very good approach. Never thought of using the instantaneous fuel efficiency to guide my right foot Thanks for your idea/view. I will definitely try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
1.5 TSI engines from VAG are extremely good when it comes to performance as well as efficiency.
I agree whole heartedly. The 1.5 TSI needs us to be mindful of the fuel economy. Having fun with this engine is effortless, saving fuel is not . But if you are mindful, it will give you reasonably good fuel economy.

Cheers.
Tanu3000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 12:53   #1629

Hi Members,
I'm being offered a Demo Taigun GT plus DSG for mouthwatering price of 16L on road. It has run 27K km, i can get extended warranty for another 4 years & i plan to keep the vehicle for 5 years Max with average running of 24k/Year.
I am ready for Clutch change @ 60k km. I really feel in love with this 1.5 EVO motor, can't choose between a new 1.0 TSI Highline or this demo. Would really appreciate fellow members input.
Old 28th November 2022, 17:45   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Members,
I'm being offered a Demo Taigun GT plus DSG for mouthwatering price of 16L on road. It has run 27K km.
Hello, a 27000 km run demo car means it is atleast 1 year old & has been run by all sorts of drivers, that in my opinion is too much abuse. Also this would also have initial niggles that came in 2021 model.

For peace of mind alone, I would suggest you to go with a new car since there is no point of 4 years warranty as well if the car has to be taken frequently to service center.
CafeRacer16 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 19:38   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Members,
I'm being offered a Demo Taigun GT plus DSG for mouthwatering price of 16L on road. It has run 27K km, i can get extended warranty for another 4 years & i plan to keep the vehicle for 5 years Max with average running of 24k/Year.
I am ready for Clutch change @ 60k km. I really feel in love with this 1.5 EVO motor, can't choose between a new 1.0 TSI Highline or this demo. Would really appreciate fellow members input.
Think of it as pre-owned car which has been abused by many test drivers for 27000 kms. God knows how it has been driven, how many accidents it might have seen and not to forget it is infamous DSG. Please thread carefully here.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 08:09   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Members,
I'm being offered a Demo Taigun GT plus DSG for mouthwatering price of 16L on road.
Hi,

I own a Taigun GT+, purchased at a princely sum of 23L OTR. I would have given this deal a real real good look. BEFORE, rejecting it.

A Taigun GT+ test drive car with 27K Km on the odometer, means this car was part of the initial batch of cars that were sent to dealerships "Prior" to launch. These cars were part of the VW campaign before launch where they had a road show through all major cities. These cars were put together by the VW Chakan plant before the official assembly line was operational. They will have all the initial concerns (Bad roof liner, fit & finish issues etc.) that our Team BHP review had highlighted.

The above points are in addition to what our other members have highlighted. Do note that GT+ test drive vehicles are generally shared between multiple showrooms for a single dealer. The car's drive train would have already gone through massive stress, the body panels may have been painted/touched up multiple times.

The 7 lakh OTR discount just doesnt justify all the above

Cheers.
Tanu3000 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 18:13   #1633
BHPian

Have any of the Taigun owners from Karnataka tried to get the emission test done? The database is not showing the vehicle itself. Even when tried manually, Taigun is not on the drop down list of VW vehicles. I purchased the Taigun 1.0 TSI MT in feb 2022. I understand that for the first year it’s not mandatory to get the PUC certificate, but I travel to our Ooty home frequently and my car is KA registered, I’ve had issues in the past in Ooty with my other KA registered cars. So I wanted to get the emission certificate, but stuck in this situation. My car is not a year old yet, but since the model is more than a year old, I wanted to know if anyone else from Karnataka faced the same issue.

Also the car has completed 29900km and is due for the the 30k service soon, will update service details on the forum once it’s done.
Osteon206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 07:39   #1634
BHPian

Hello Team BHPians!

I had my car's first year completion service done last week. It was all well until I found a scratch on my windshield during the pick up from service center. They accepted that it was their mistake and offered to buff/polish it out when I bring the car back to them later this week.

One question - I was charged for 4 liters of Engine oil. Does Taigun require that much engine oil during a full oil change? Any information would be appreciated!
Old 30th November 2022, 13:33   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post

One question - I was charged for 4 liters of Engine oil. Does Taigun require that much engine oil during a full oil change? Any information would be appreciated!
Yes it does, if you follow the Taigun service cost calculator it can be validated.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot-20221130-1.31.02-pm.png  

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks