Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2022, 11:57   #1411
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
Hi folks,

I think this is a common issue in all the 1.0 Automatics, but I have a 1.0 Manual, and while applying brakes at crawling speeds - I am able to hear the grinding / whistling sound from the brakes. My car is 3 months old with 5,9xx kms on the odometer.

Secondly, I have been filling it just with the regular petrol from my trusted COCO outlets and still have been able to achieve decent fuel efficiency and performance. Whereas, since higher octane is suggested, should I really spend the extra money on it? or just continue with the regular unleaded petrol?
If someone can explain what correlation is there between AT/MT system with the braking system, I would be very grateful. Mine is a 1.0AT TL, 7months, ~4.6K on odo , and the noise is heard only when the brakes are "just applied lightly" when the car is extremely slow, with the brake slowing but not holding the car.

On the fuel - I have seen people state here (and in my other circles) that they just use normal RON91 and it is just fine. However, I have seen noticeable difference in mileage + performance when using standard fuel vs RON95 (or higher). Mileage seems to dip real bad in city driving even when sedately driven, since much of the gains are wiped in traffic stops and bumper to bumper traffic. The recommended fuel is RON95. At Rs.4 or so higher from normal petrol (if using XP95), it's Rs.200 more per tank full. Not a major difference in my view, considering the upside. But depending on your circumstances (location, commute type, usage etc.), RON91 might suffice too.

Last edited by asmr : 27th June 2022 at 12:00. Reason: added petrol brand name
asmr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 16:29   #1412

I have recently purchased Taigun At. I now have the option of opting for an extended warranty. I think my driving would be less than 7000 km per annum. with this usage should I opt for an extended warranty for which I should shell out 30k.
silhouette-r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 18:12   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silhouette-r View Post
I have recently purchased Taigun At. I now have the option of opting for an extended warranty. I think my driving would be less than 7000 km per annum. with this usage should I opt for an extended warranty for which I should shell out 30k.
My Taigun is my first ever VW so I really can't give you a clear yes or no, but having read many posts from the past, it would seem prudent to get the extended warranty. I did get it when I purchased the car.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 18:56   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Please get it. Makes sense!!
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 09:59   #1415
BHPian

Quote:

Just get it. Peace of mind, over time!
Atharva14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 14:12   #1416

I initially opted for SVP (hifi package) only and no extended warranty. But I delayed the payment and now the SA tells me that invoice is generated for 2 years, which I got for free. I guess. I will go with an extended warranty only now without svp for 5 years.
Old 2nd July 2022, 12:01   #1417
BHPian

I have booked Taigun Highline AT candy white, will get delivery on 10th July. Due to tight parking space in my residence, I am thinking to go for ceramic coating since PPF coating is on the expensive side. Dealer has quoted 30k for full body coating.

Can ceramic coating provide protection against small scratches, water spotting and swirl marks or it is purely for aesthetics and protect only against UV rays and chemical strain?

Taigun owner who has done ceramic coating please share your inputs.
Old 2nd July 2022, 16:06   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Can ceramic coating provide protection against small scratches, water spotting and swirl marks or it is purely for aesthetics and protect only against UV rays and chemical strain?

Taigun owner who has done ceramic coating please share your inputs.
I have done ceramic plus PPF for my Virtus GT. The latter on the front/rear bumpers and fenders while the ceramic for the rest of the body.

The ceramic coat is a great water repellent. Also spot marks are much more easily cleaned than on regular paint. It cost me 53K for the lot.
Olympal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 10:15   #1419
BHPian

Hi All, a friend is facing water accumulation in his Taiguns spare wheel area. Has anybody else faced something similar ?
Old 4th July 2022, 11:04   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Dealer has quoted 30k for full body coating.

Can ceramic coating provide
Dont get Ceramic coating done from dealer. Instead get it done from a Ceramic coating expert like 3M Car care or other reputed Car Detailer in your area. The Car Detailer might be a bit expensive but the job they will do will be much better than dealer's.
Old 4th July 2022, 16:07   #1421
BHPian

I wanted to know whether the Taigun GT plus digital instrument cluster shows instantaneous fuel consumption?
Old 5th July 2022, 05:07   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
I wanted to know whether the Taigun GT plus digital instrument cluster shows instantaneous fuel consumption?
Yup the digital display shows instantaneous consumption.
Old 7th July 2022, 23:49   #1423

Has anyone noticed this feature, where any side indicator is turned on with keeping the accessory mode kept off and only unlocking the car, then only tail lamp turns on. The blinkers also don't work, front and rear both. In the MID it says parking light on. I accidentally found it out yesterday in my taigun highline.
satvik4134 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 19:37   #1424
BHPian

Drove the Tiagun at VW Mysore. This was my first experience ever driving a VW. This thing can fly if put into manual mode and if the paddles are used judiciously. Rides well over potholes and is extremely stable around corners. Also the undulations on road do not hurt the composure of the car. But i felt that 1.0 TSI is much better than 1.5 TSI for a calm drive around town. The top end automatic was offered to me at 21.25 . The Sales guy's name was OM . A well mannered , knowledgeable chap. Doesn't push you to but will keep you updated of all the price changes
Old 8th July 2022, 20:45   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satvik4134 View Post
Has anyone noticed this feature, where any side indicator is turned on with keeping the accessory mode kept off and only unlocking the car, then only tail lamp turns on. The blinkers also don't work, front and rear both. In the MID it says parking light on. I accidentally found it out yesterday in my taigun highline.
This is a feature on all VW-Skoda group cars, was there on my 2011 Vento as well. It is a feature that can be used while parking on an unlit street (not sure how it makes sense).
adigup is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks