Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2022, 15:34   #1261
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

I have a Taigun manual 1.0 TSi; and very next day of delivery realised that the gear-knob has a creaking sound.
To be precise, it's just the gear-knob - sound is clearly audible when shifting into reverse or shifting to 3rd/5th gear (Basically, whenever there is some 'force' on the gear knob from top or behind - mainly on the gloss black part)
I was facing a couple of other problems as well, and reported this problem during the first service. It was solved but it came back after 2 days. According to the VW Service center guy it's just 'mental satisfaction'; when the matter was escalated to VW over email - the manager of the work shop called to discuss the other issues, and for the gear-knob, he told me that it's a problem present in all manual cars.
Is anyone facing a similar issue?
adigup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 17:54   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
What mileage are you able to fetch? and how has your experience been with the A/C.
I've done about 5500 km in 6 months in my 1.5 with an overall fuel efficiency of 14.15 km/l. This was mixed city and highway.

In the city with congestion the mileage falls to 12 to 12.5 km/l. On the highway at speeds between 90 to 110 km/hr, the mileage is 18.5 to 19 km/l.
Newtown is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 19:26   #1263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
VW Taigun makes it to the top 3 in the 2022 World Urban Car category! Toyota's Yaris Cross likely to be the winner.

--
Toyota's Yaris Cross is the 2022 World Urban Car,

Volkswagen Taigun Review-1.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-fqocm_exwaehcr.jpg
Old 13th April 2022, 21:26   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-b0ne View Post
Hi guys,

Wanted to check with ya'll how the realtime mileage reading works for you. While on a short drive last night, observed the numbers jumping erratically.
Yes, I have noticed this in my Topline 1.0 on 1 or 2 occasions that I actually tried to set this as my display item on the left panel of my digital display. Got irritated with the constantly jumping numbers and decided it was NOT worth my time.

I stick to displaying the gear, speed and trip meter with average mileage/speed shown and even that is not very accurate but close enough. I maintain my actual mileage tracking on an excel file (& Fuelio).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
I've done about 5500 km in 6 months in my 1.5 with an overall fuel efficiency of 14.15 km/l. This was mixed city and highway.

In the city with congestion the mileage falls to 12 to 12.5 km/l. On the highway at speeds between 90 to 110 km/hr, the mileage is 18.5 to 19 km/l.
Dang! Those are numbers I would love to see in my 1.0 AT. Driving in Chennai peak traffic brings the average mileage to 8-9kmpl. And with the current petrol prices, that's just a bit more painful than expected. On long highway runs, the max I have seen was close to 17kmpl. Granted, it had less than 2K on the odo, so I am thinking it was still settling in.

But curiously, for the past few days I am noticing this. If I don't see the average mileage indicator and drive normally, I see a higher number. If I consciously drive a bit too sedately, I see the number is lower by at least 1-1.5kmpl. What am I missing here?

Last edited by asmr : 13th April 2022 at 21:37. Reason: avoiding back to back post
Old 14th April 2022, 00:36   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Taigun manual 1.0 TSi; and very next day of delivery realised that the gear-knob has a creaking sound.
To be precise, it's just the gear-knob - sound is clearly audible when s, he told me that it's a problem present in all manual cars...
Hey! Even I own a taigun 1.0 MT. I noticed the gear knob issue the same day when I took my delivery. Unheard it because didn't want to spoil my good mood!
It's like a thin plastic film which is making a "kich- kich" sound inside and it's irritating to a next level. Raised an issue on the same to which service advisor told me that he'll get it inspected in the next inspection. Let's what he does. Will keep you updated!

Last edited by Atharva14 : 14th April 2022 at 00:43. Reason: Quoted the whole thread by mistake.
Atharva14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 00:48   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva14 View Post
Hey! Even I own a taigun 1.0 MT. I noticed the gear knob issue the same day when I took my delivery. Unheard it because didn't want to spoil my good mood!
It's like a thin plastic film which is making a "kich- kich" sound inside and it's irritating to a next level. Raised an issue on the same to which service advisor told me that he'll get it inspected in the next inspection. Let's what he does. Will keep you updated!
Yes! thanks for confirming. I thought my car was the only one. The manager told me that VW will most likely do a recall. The "kich-kich" actually stops irritating once you get past the turbo-lag and then it's just the car and you.
Also, did the window motor issue in your car get resolved?

Other than that, absolutely love it - completed 2,000 kms in 3 weeks, and finally turned traction control off and floored it right after it crossed 1,600 rpm mark. The tires screeched like crazy as the revs went upto 5,500 rpm! (I do not recommend that at all - please try such stuff on empty roads/places)
adigup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 00:55   #1267
BHPian

Installed the typical VW windtone horn!

Hey there, fellow Taigun Owners!
I installed the typical sounding Volkswagen horn from VW authorised service center today. It's basically "Roots" branded horns and they're selling it under the name of Volkswagen India LTD. The MRP of the Horns is ₹1999/-. Labour and fitment charges might differ. Six months warranty provided.
Complete bumper wasn't removed during installation, just the grill made enough space for the technicians to replace the horns.
Though it might not sound like the Polo dual tone horns that we've heard(₹3500 for two horns+ ₹2500 mounting for the horns+labour and 3 years warranty). Instead, this is a good deal to go for in my opinion!
Attaching a photo of the part number and video!

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220413_211648.jpg
Atharva14 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 01:13   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Yes! thanks for confirming. I The "kich-kich" actually stops irritating once you get past the turbo-lag and then it's just the car and you.
Also, did the window motor issue in your car get resolved?
They would need to, yes!
Oh my god the feeling of getting past the turbo lag!
Oh yes, I got the window motor replaced under warranty today and now it's all good! Thanks!
Quote:
The tires screeched like crazy as the revs went upto 5,500 rpm! (I do not recommend that at all - please try such stuff on empty roads/places)
And the traction control light blinking like crazy! Absolute joy!
Atharva14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 08:09   #1269
BHPian

Even I have faced the door beading noise issue. VW service said they'll replace the beading during the 7500km service. As for the window motor, the driver's side power window has a glitch - at times the one touch up/down doesn't work and sometimes it rolls up about halfway and rolls down on its own. Have to get this rectified. Another issue I've been facing is that the rear left Tyre pressure deflation sensor displays that there is deflation randomly even when there is no actual drop in pressure.
Osteon206 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 08:39   #1270
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteon206 View Post
As for the window motor, the driver's side power window has a glitch - at times the one touch up/down doesn't work and sometimes it rolls up about halfway and rolls down on its own. Have to get this rectified.
Try the below steps. Press auto down, let the window roll down to the bottom, then long press down for ~10 seconds. Press auto up, let the window roll up to the top, then long press up for ~10 seconds. Now try what ever combinations you want to try, it should work.

Note: I have a Skoda Rapid, it's just VW things
pavi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 09:12   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Try the below steps. Press auto down, let the window roll down to the bottom, then long press down for ~10 seconds. Press auto up, let the window roll up to the top, then long press up for ~10 seconds. Now try what ever combinations you want to try, it should work.

Note: I have a Skoda Rapid, it's just VW things
Alright, will try this. Thanks a ton.
Old 14th April 2022, 10:02   #1272
Distinguished - BHPian

See how Taigun was evaluated in parameters as applicable to the 'World Car Award' panel.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-4.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th April 2022 at 16:50. Reason: Typo
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 20:11   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva14 View Post

Installed the typical VW windtone horn!

Hey there, fellow Taigun Owners!
I installed the typical sounding Volkswagen horn from VW authorised service center today. It's basically "Roots" branded horns and they're selling it under the name of Volkswagen India LTD. The MRP of the Horns is ₹1999/-. Labour and fitment charges might differ. Six months warranty provided.
Good. Hope this does not void any other warranty. My dealer refused to do any modifications. Even for mud flaps I had to escalate and write to VW 3 times. VW didnt respond to any of my mails. Dealer was initially resisting stating VW has asked to sell only as part of package. I wrote back to VW stating I will quote the entire thing on team bhp after which dealer relented. Seems mud flap is in pune plant and it is already over a week, yet to hear from dealer. Now hearing that climate control is not available in highline. Seems VW twins don't need competition to make it tough for them.
prabhu7944 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 15:26   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Good. Hope this does not void any other warranty. My dealer refused to do any modifications.
NO, not at all. It is a direct coupler connection and to be extra cautious, I was standing near the car during the whole process. Any additional accessories put at the Authorised service center won't affect the warranty.
At the time of booking, even I was informed by the dealer to not put any horn as it would llead to warranty issues. But at the service center, guys were happy than me to change the horn!
Old 16th April 2022, 23:48   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
My friend Nilesh replaced his GT Taigun's rear wiper with oem Polo rear wiper...
Can you please show us the working of rear wiper? I tried installing one and surprisingly it couldn't fit perfectly, the wiper blade is too big and stucks in the centre position.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks