Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2022, 22:07   #1156
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunj View Post
Has anyone here tried swapping out the halogen headlights on the GT variant for the LED units that come with the GT+? I'm talking about the entire headlight assembly, complete with the projectors, DRLs etc. Is this swap even feasible?
Disclaimer: I am playing an armchair expert here. I don't even own a Taigun.

I bet the fixing points (screw hole location, clamp shape and size, etc) on the chassis will be same. No manufacturer would have another mould for chassis parts just for different headlight. That would unnecessarily increase SKUs and cost. They would maintain similar outer size and shape of headlight assembly, and change only internal bulb holder, heat management, power supply and reflector.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 07:27   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Hey all,

Has anyone here tried swapping out the halogen headlights on the GT variant for the LED units that come with the GT+? I'm talking about the entire headlight assembly, complete with the projectors, DRLs etc. Is this swap even feasible?
Checked with service advisor and he looked stunned hence assuming VW guys don't do it. Pls check this in YouTube. Could be of some help.

prabhu7944 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 09:27   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbochargedT View Post
I tried using the ventilated seats since summer is almost here and did not feel much of a diff. to be honest. I could feel it near the hips and thighs but nothing on the back. Used it on a short 20 mins. drive. Does it take time to start cooling or is mine defective and I should get it checked ?
Reduce the temperature on the ACC to 16-18 and try again. Since the ambient temperature in NCR is still relatively low, probably ACC is mostly working in blower mode. Ventilated seats just recirculate the same air from ACC.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th March 2022 at 18:47. Reason: Quote trimmed.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 12:42   #1159

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Checked with service advisor and he looked stunned hence assuming VW guys don't do it. Pls check this in YouTube. Could be of some help.
Haha, I guess that more or less settles the question of where to get this done. Really appreciate the help.

I’d already seen the video you linked. Third party lights are always an option, though I’m not sure how it’ll affect the warranty. I’ll check with VW about this, just in case.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th March 2022 at 18:47. Reason: Video removed from quote.
Old 10th March 2022, 20:24   #1160

Quote:
This is literally the most common thing in the world for Seltos, Creta, etc.
YouTube is full of videos of base model upgraded to top model with OEM assemblies of headlights.

I think you'll need to wait till the local market picks up the OEM parts. Most definitely the dealer wont do this.

But do balance this out with your need for warranty, etc. VAG dealerships are famous for being finicky about these things for killing your warranty cover. Koreans have traditionally been more open. But in general, nobody cares about a warranty there - everyone knows a Hyundai car can easily be repaired on the roadside.

Note from Support. Typos fixed. Please proof-read before posting.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th March 2022 at 18:48. Reason: See note.
sandeepss1980 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 09:49   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader5000 View Post
Here are the pictures taken in the showroom. Volkswagen Noida. Superb experience.
Congratulations man! How's the experience thus far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnjanKatna View Post
II was browsing through the menu of the 10.25 inch screen, i did see an option of speed alerts, which was unchecked. I have the 1.0L highline MT.
I haven't found the option on the 10.25 inch screen on the 1.0 Topline AT. Although a couple of days ago on youtube, I saw someone owning a Kushaq being able to set the desired speed at which they wanted to be alerted. Not sure if this was after disabling the preset 80km/hr chimes using codes and enabling the feature of speed alerts.

Welcoming the weekend

Some pictures from a drive to Parsi Dairy farm near Mumbai.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20220311-9.56.00-am-1.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20220311-9.56.00-am-2.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20220311-9.56.00-am-3.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20220311-9.56.00-am-4.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20220311-9.56.00-am.jpeg

Last edited by throttleflick : 11th March 2022 at 09:59.
throttleflick is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 11:04   #1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepss1980 View Post
But do balance this out with your need for warranty, etc. VAG dealerships are famous for being finicky about these things for killing your warranty cover. Koreans have traditionally been more open. But in general, nobody cares about a warranty there - everyone knows a Hyundai car can easily be repaired on the roadside.
I was hoping VW themselves would oblige with parts from the GT+, but the dealership said they won't be able to do the upgrade, and that the warranty will indeed be voided if I get it done externally. Sticking with the halogens looks like the way to go for now.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th March 2022 at 18:49. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 11th March 2022, 13:08   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post
Engine cranks but won't turn:
Any updates on this . My friend is facing the same issue. Off late it is frequently happening. He has informed it to the ASC during first check up after one month and they told that it may be because of vacuum.
Please do update any developments.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th March 2022 at 18:49. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 11th March 2022, 13:50   #1164

I own a Highline. Regarding the illumination in the Instrument cluster, I also initially found it very irritating that it did not light up in a Non-Parking light/Non-Headlight ON mode. But to my surprise, on a few occasions I found the instrument cluster lighted up by itself in those condition.
The issue needs further examination as we sometimes require the instrument panel to be illuminated even during bright sunlit days. The SA were also clueless when I pointed this out to them. Maybe they are still in the learning stage.
Would like further clarification on the issue.
SanjoySinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 13:51   #1165

Mod note: Post trimmed, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

I tried searching for it again and didnt find it!!!! will try once more else ask my service/sales guy once.

(could be that I mixed it up with something else)

Quote:
Congratulations man! How's the experience thus far?
========
Attachment 2283482[/center]

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th March 2022 at 13:55.
Old 11th March 2022, 14:33   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Any updates on this . My friend is facing the same issue. Off late it is frequently happening. He has informed it to the ASC during first check up after one month and they told that it may be because of vacuum.
Please do update any developments
How many kilometres has your friend completed? I’m hovering around 1600 kms. This hasn’t occurred after the initial 3 instances I mentioned in that post, hence I never flagged it to the service guys.
Old 11th March 2022, 14:40   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
How many kilometres has your friend completed? I’m hovering around 1600 kms. This hasn’t occurred after the initial 3 instances I mentioned in that post, hence I never flagged it to the service guys.
He has completed 3500 kms.
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 17:29   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Reduce the temperature on the ACC to 16-18 and try again. Since the ambient temperature in NCR is still relatively low, probably ACC is mostly working in blower mode. Ventilated seats just recirculate the same air from ACC.
Thanks! It does cool the seat if I reduce the temp. but then the cabin becomes too cold. Also, it does take a good 15 mins for the seat to become cool. I am guessing during peak summer season it will take even more time to cool. Oh well, something is better than nothing.
TurbochargedT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 18:29   #1169

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Please do update any developments
1. Have you checked your battery? Very often this is a battery issue.
2. Air filter.
3. injector issue.

I have owned turbo cars for a long time - and whenever there is a "hard start" issue, its generally due to one of these.

I'm betting its the injectors. Because Indian petrol pumps are generally unethical and the fuel quality is low. This is a very normal problem for me when i have to fill from Ghaziabad side.

The usual fix for this is run one tank of fuel with injector cleaning additive - like STP, Indian Oil or HPCL additive. You can read this thread here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...es-thread.html (The Fuel Additives Thread)

Last edited by aah78 : 11th March 2022 at 18:50. Reason: Please avoid random upper-case/lower-case in your posts. Thanks!
Old 11th March 2022, 19:34   #1170
BHPian

The instrument cluster does go dark when one enters a reduced illumination zone like an underground parking but remains bright during sunlight. This is really bizarre but the dealer says it's a design thing. And it's rather irritating to say the least.
So is there anyways this can be taken up with VW to tweak the software so that this doesn't happen. @ Mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjoySinha View Post
I own a Highline. Regarding the illumination in the Instrument cluster, I also initially found it very irritating that it did not light up in a Non-Parking light/Non-Headlight ON mode. But to my surprise, on a few occasions I found the instrument cluster lighted up by itself in those condition.
The issue needs further examination as we sometimes require the instrument panel to be illuminated even during bright sunlit days. The SA were also clueless when I pointed this out to them. Maybe they are still in the learning stage.
Would like further clarification on the issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks