Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2022, 13:38   #1036
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Friends need suggestions. Just got a call from VW dealer saying 1.0 highline AT 2021 models are available and is willing to give good discounts. The 2022 model is expensive and also is minus electrically folding OVRMS. Iam currently driving a 2011 ford figo which I reluctantly want to change. Am a 90% sedate and 10% spirited driver. I was not sure of the AC performance in taigun. Ford had spoilt me with its ride handling and overall performance. He is a lucky charm, got me many good things in my life so am very attached to him.
Old 24th January 2022, 09:48   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Friends need suggestions. Just got a call from VW dealer saying 1.0 highline AT 2021 models are available and is willing to give good discounts. The 2022 model is expensive and also is minus electrically folding OVRMS. Iam currently driving a 2011 ford figo which I reluctantly want to change. Am a 90% sedate and 10% spirited driver. I was not sure of the AC performance in taigun. Ford had spoilt me with its ride handling and overall performance. He is a lucky charm, got me many good things in my life so am very attached to him.
See if you can get a test drive, honestly I keep the ac at the lowest setting in Auto because of the climate. If you're able to do a PDI of the car, or get the VIN number, here's a handy guide (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)) on teambhp by bhpian wildon to decode it. The vin number can be found on the lower part of the windshield on the passengers side. All the best!
Old 24th January 2022, 11:43   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post

Is it rattling or like metal squeaking over rubber? And does it happen on normal roads or when you go on uneven, bad roads?

I mentioned it during my first free service and they did something, believe it's the same sort of some lubricant getting applied in the contact areas. The noise was completely gone after that. But less than a month in, I heard it again but it was extremely faint and the car cabin was very, very quiet.

Will have to watch out for it.
Yes it is the metal squeaking noise. Waiting for a permanent fix. Apparently in Kushaq they are changing the beading and in Taigun they are applying the lubricant. Heard after changing the beading owners are happy with the sound completely gone.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 12:44   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you share what discounts are being offered? We are not in the market explicitly, but may be in for an opportunistic purchase, should there be good deal!
Old 24th January 2022, 13:06   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Could you share what discounts are being offered?
The dealer quoted 16.16 lakhs after negotiations excluding insurance. If I deduct TCS the quote is 16.03 lakhs. Model under discussion is highline 1.0 AT. As per their price sheet, 2022 model is 17.6 lakhs.
Old 24th January 2022, 20:53   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post
See if you can get a test drive, honestly I keep the ac at the lowest setting in Auto because of the climate.!
Thank you. SA brought home an 1.0 topline AT for test drive. I thought AC performance was less than satisfactory. In Dec, there were no discounts / offers and now the SA kept reeling discounts after discounts. This seems totally opposite to their tall claims of grand bookings. Will do another test drive and update on the purchase progress.
Old 24th January 2022, 21:25   #1042
BHPian

With over 3000 km on my 1,5, sharing my thoughts on a few queries that are being posted.
  • I have mentioned this on my review as well. The AC seems weird at first and takes time getting used to. I have driven long distances in 38 degree heat and it has been an absolutely a cool cabin. There were sections at a complete stand still as well but the AC kept the car very comfortable
  • The auto folding door mirrors. When I went to take delivery of the car and they were demonstrating it to me, the LHS door mirror closed with such a loud squeak and continued to do so each time I locked and unlocked the car. I did not fuss over it too much and sprayed silicone lubricant between the plastics and the sound stopped. So if you hears squeaks (and not rattles), get yourselves a can of silicone spray. Very handy for a variety of things.
  • I am reading about the fuel economy of the 1.0 on this thread, but the 1.5 has excellent fuel economy. Be it the city or the highway, it is superlative. Do read Vinit Barve's post as well on this.

Would be happy to answer other questions anyone has on the Taigun. Between a few of us we already have done 8K kms and hence can throw light on queries any of you may have.
Newtown is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 21:29   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. SA brought home an 1.0 topline AT for test drive. I thought AC performance was less than satisfactory. In Dec, there were no discounts / offers and now the SA kept reeling discounts after discounts. This seems totally opposite to their tall claims of grand bookings. Will do another test drive and update on the purchase progress.
But that is a good thing right, dealer might just want to clear out the old inventory and you stand to gain on the discounts offered. Did you like the Topline AT apart from the AC? The AC does get loud.

I think the test drive I took was for the Highline AT and the GT Plus. I was dead set on the Topline AT and the Highline gave me a good perspective about sticking to the Topline.

Also, is the BH registration open in TN? If applicable to you, you might be able to bring down the costs further more if you have the Topline AT in sights.
Old 26th January 2022, 00:14   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
But that is a good thing right, dealer might just want to clear out the old inventory and you stand to gain on the discounts offered. Did you like the Topline AT apart from the AC? The AC does get loud.
Yes dealer wants to clear 21 stock. I do stand to gain money wise and also getting auto folding OVRMs . SA got only topline AT maybe part of their strategy to entice customers with topmost models. I found AC to be sub par. Rear vents were just blowing little air with no chillness otherwise Topline was really good with all bells and whistles. Will do another round of TD and decide. BH series registrations are not open in TN else topline AT would be 1st choice. My brother has kushaq and has only 2 complaints - poor AC & very poor seat covers.
prabhu7944 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 14:34   #1045
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Made in India Volkswagen Taigun driven in and around L.A, called it People's SUV.

https://Youtu.be/ds9c5CDug5w
She makes it sound like the car is really slow and weezy. The Taigun 1.0MT does 0-100 in about 11 seconds, which is not slow by any standard. I have found most compact cars still use NA engines in the US with a larger displacement than we are used to for a certain size of car. These are irritating engines that drink a lot of petrol and struggle to pull beyond 120 kph or so, but they give good low end torque and have very little turbo lag..This reviewer seems to be expecting a fat and lazy engine like that and not used to driving modern small turbo petrols, especially how to overcome the mild turbo lag at low rpms. She keeps saying "you have to give it a lot of gas to get it moving", which is indicative of someone who is driving a small turbo petrol for the first time. She also sounds surprised about the engine size (just 1 litre!) and keeps saying dismissively the "this car is cheap and built for a different market from the US" and that she would not buy such a car in the US with its high speed traffic. But she is not even clear about the price saying she can't tell the price because "I would have to convert it to US Dollars" - Ever heard about dividing by 75?

in reality people in US cannot drive more than about 125 kph in their whole lives without risking an expensive traffic ticket. We in India have excellent highways where we can drive fast without worrying about a fat fine every other minute. So I find such reviewers' attitudes very condescending and their commentary very shallow and disconnected from reality.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 26th January 2022 at 14:38.
84.monsoon is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 19:08   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2259193

How and why I went in for a polo and came out with a taigun in a span of 2 months is something that is in the works on the assembly line. Hope to cover a lot of the things other than what I've mentioned on the post.
Heartiest congratulations on your acquisition, wishing you many miles of happiness on your steed.

On the change from Polo to Taigun, I can relate to your experience very much as my dad too had initially booked the Rapid 1.0 TSI only to change the booking to the Kushaq 1.5 TSI. Hopefully, I too shall be able to pen the ownership review soon.
tanbeamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 09:21   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
With over 3000 km on my 1,5, sharing my thoughts on a few queries that are being posted.
Would be happy to answer other questions anyone has on the Taigun. Between a few of us we already have done 8K kms and hence can throw light on queries any of you may have.
Hey newtown, keenly read your review before and after decided to go with the 1.0 AT. Kept coming to it for any doubts I had about the purchase. Thanks for that.

Want to know if you plan on getting a dashcam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanbeamer View Post
Heartiest congratulations on your acquisition, wishing you many miles of happiness on your steed.

On the change from Polo to Taigun, I can relate to your experience very much as my dad too had initially booked the Rapid 1.0 TSI only to change the booking to the Kushaq 1.5 TSI. Hopefully, I too shall be able to pen the ownership review soon.
Hey thanks man! Can't wait to read your review of the Kushaq.

Quote:
Yes dealer wants to clear 21 stock. I do stand to gain money wise and also getting auto folding OVRMs . SA got only topline AT maybe part of their strategy to entice customers with topmost models. I found AC to be sub par. Rear vents were just blowing little air with no chillness otherwise Topline was really good with all bells and whistles. Will do another round of TD and decide. BH series registrations are not open in TN else topline AT would be 1st choice. My brother has kushaq and has only 2 complaints - poor AC & very poor seat covers.
Oh, I don't think I encountered that poor AC in the car when I went for the PDI. I've never sat at the back and I knew I'd probably never get to sit in the back seat hence during the PDI, I wanted to check the back seat comfort and found the cooling adequate. Maybe, this might change with a fully loaded car. The noise from the AC vents is the most irritating thing in the car.

What is your take on the Highline & Topline seat covers?
Old 27th January 2022, 11:26   #1048
BHPian

Oh, I don't think I encountered that poor AC in the car when I went for the PDI. I've never sat at the back and I knew I'd probably never get to sit in the back seat hence during the PDI, I wanted to check the back seat comfort and found the cooling adequate. Maybe, this might change with a fully loaded car. The noise from the AC vents is the most irritating thing in the car.

What is your take on the Highline & Topline seat covers?[/quote]

Coming from figo, AC even at medium fan speed seemed inadequate and noisy. The fabric isnt bad but could have been better given VW is a premium brand. Maybe VW expects most of the clients to use after market seat covers. Topline seats felt good. For me, KESSY & additional air bags in this price point would have completed the package.
Old 27th January 2022, 21:15   #1049
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Dealer Offers Taigun To Ford Owners At Attractive Discounts.

The German auto giant is trying to make hay while the sun shines by offering attractive discounts specifically for Ford owners in the country.

Quote:
According to an advertisement by EVM Volkswagen, a Kerala-based Volkswagen dealer with outlets in Trivandrum, Kollam, Kottayam, Cochin and Cheranellor, Ford owners can exchange their existing Ford cars with the Volkswagen Taigun under a special used car exchange program.
Volkswagen Taigun Review-1.jpg

Quote:
If the marketing activity works out, you could see more VW dealers attracting Ford customers in other parts of the country
Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 13:36   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Hey newtown, keenly read your review before and after decided to go with the 1.0 AT. Kept coming to it for any doubts I had about the purchase. Thanks for that.

Want to know if you plan on getting a dashcam?
Congratulations on your Taigun. Glad to have been able to share my insights. Yes, I do plan to get a dashcam sometime. I'd like something that is rechargeable and has a good battery life rather than something that has a wire.
Newtown is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks