Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2022, 23:03   #1051
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Strange to see how can two cars manufactured from same assembly line and on same platform be so different as mentioned in the review.

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 13:15   #1052
BHPian

How to use Jio Dongle in Taigun Car

I don’t know how many have been using Jio dongle found in Taigun Car for Wi-Fi connectivity.
However, for the uninitiated, the following are the steps to be followed to activate the same.

1. Install JioMotive app from Play Store or App Store

2. Use the same mobile number that was used for My Volkswagen Connect app to activate this app too. If you are not using My Volkswagen Connect app, then use the mobile number that was given to the dealer at the time of car registration. Once the JioMotive app is activated, the initial screen is displayed as shown below.
Volkswagen Taigun Review-jiomotive-ss.jpeg

3. Select your name & vehicle number displayed at the top as indicated by the arrow above in point#2

Volkswagen Taigun Review-jiomotive-ss2.jpeg

4. In the screen shown in point#3 above, select “Manage” under Wi-Fi settings
Volkswagen Taigun Review-jiomotive-ss3.jpeg

5. Under “Manage Device”, switch on Wi-Fi. SSID and Password details can be found on the screen. Use this credential for connecting car Wi-Fi.
6. No need to use the mobile hotspot to download apps or to listen to Gaana.
Gokrish is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 22:37   #1053
BHPian

I did a TD of the VW Taigun 1.0L TSI topline. I was mighty impressed by it. I've decided to cancel the Thar booking I did 3 weeks ago and go for the Taigun. The main reason of cancelling Thar is because of the fear of it being not so practical on the long run as my primary car IMHO.
Regarding the query on the autofold ORVM,i was told by the sales exec that VW has mentioned that 2022 manufactured units would mostly not have the autofold ORVM due to the chip shortage situation; but he also went ahead to mention that they delivered a 2022 Taigun just yesterday and it did have the feature.
Osteon206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 10:28   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Strange to see how can two cars manufactured from same assembly line and on same platform be so different as mentioned in the review.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=JCHVTWPFoHQ

At those price points Taigun is a clear winner over Kushaq, I went through similar comparisons 5-6 months ago, and went ahead with Taigun GT

1. 6 airbags is a obvious difference
2. Well integrated infotainment system and lighting makes the dash look better
3. Sportier drive will make you proud when stuck in an arena on an highway
4. Icing on the cake post purchase was the fuel efficiency, dont have a comparison benchmark for Skoda Kushaq, but 1.5GT will surprise you pleasently
5. Like to like comparison on boot space with Seltos will again surprise you
6. Lower ingress, over all a shorter structure compared to other rivals
vinitbarve is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 16:29   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
I am in the market for a crossover to replace my 7 year old Polo. I did test drive both the Taigun GT Plus and the Kushaq Style back to back over 2 days (Both were the 1.5 TSI DSG versions). The Taigun TD vehicle had clocked over 6000 kms whereas the Kushaq TD vehicle had over 3000 kms on it. There is some truth in what the video states.

The power delivery in the Taigun GT was more linear. In contrast to that, the turbo in the Kushaq would kick in suddenly leading to a jolt in acceleration. This made driving the Taigun much easier compared to the Kushaq.

Ride Quality was equally stiff in both, but I believe that was to be attributed to the tires being over-inflated. I took another test drive of the Taigun where I got the test drive vehicle's tires pressure set to 33 psi at the nearest petrol pump. The vehicle rode comfortably (Plush enough for a VW ) after that.

I dint notice any difference in regular braking between both the cars. I cannot comment on high speed braking, as I dint take either of the cars out on the highway. Similarly ,handling was similar in both at regular speeds. Cannot comment on high speed manners.

The wife felt the interior of the Taigun to be better than the Kushaq in touch and feel, even though the dashboard in the Kushaq at first glance looks better. Regular touch points (Steering controls, door handles, AC vents etc) felt better in the Taigun.

The Taigun is cheaper, better equipped, drives better and feels better. Frankly I dont know of any point in the Kushaq's favor. I have put my money where my mouth is and have gone ahead with booking the Taigun GT Plus in Curcuma Yellow. I hope to have it home by February end
Tanu3000 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 16:54   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanu3000 View Post
The Taigun is cheaper, better equipped, drives better and feels better. Frankly I dont know of any point in the Kushaq's favor. I have put my money where my mouth is and have gone ahead with booking the Taigun GT Plus in Curcuma Yellow. I hope to have it home by February end
I think ventilated seats and a subwoofer are two decent points in the kushaq's favor.
Old 31st January 2022, 18:22   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
I think ventilated seats and a subwoofer are two decent points in the kushaq's favor.
How could they miss out on the ventilated seats in Taigun top end. Seems very strange and no logical reasoning also.

The kushaq sub woofers are okay, not a deal breaker.
Old 31st January 2022, 19:46   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
@Sid3091: Thank you for your response. You may have noticed that the previous post was my first on this esteemed forum. Its heartening to see a response so quickly.

I do agree with your point. Objectively, the Taigun is missing the subwoofer and the ventilated seats in the GT Plus variant. To add onto that, the leatherette seats in the Kushaq's style variant are marginally better quality than the fabric seats in the Taigun GT Plus. That is an important distinction, as the leatherette seats impart a comparatively plush interior feel to the Kushaq compared to the functional/spartan feel in the Taigun GT Plus.

That being said, my observation is purely from a subjective standpoint. I am no audiophile, and am pretty happy with my 7 year old Polo's stock music system. My ears will probably not miss a subwoofer. I stay in Bangalore and my car generally finds a covered car park wherever we go, so ventilated seats are not too big a miss. I do have little bit of an eye for details though. In my books, the Taigun scores better in the fit and finish department (No offense intended to current Kushaq owners, just a personal observation). For example, the isofix points in the Kushaq style variant seem uneven Link compared to the Taigun Link. The rotary knobs on the Kushaq's steering look real nice at first glance Link till you touch them and realize that they are plastic "and" have a bit of flex to them. The AC vent controls on the Kushaq have already been discussed Ad Nauseum on this forum.

All that being said, the Taigun is not a perfect car either in fit and finish. The rear cabin light switches are hideous and it takes a lot of effort to toggle them. The GT Plus seat covers have uneven/amateur grade contrast red stitching and have a zipper securing them to the seat The pedestrian grade roof-liner, exposed sunroof mechanism, the ugly grey shade of the center console are common to both the Taigun and the Kushaq. The door handles are plastic, far removed from the brushed metal ones on my current polo. But these are the signs of our times I guess.

The Kushaq and Taigun will get better with time. Their next iteration/facelift will cover all the shortcomings we see right now. My only concern is if I wait for the facelift, would the Taigun still cost me Taigun money or would it cost me T-Roc money (Sponsored by Inflation/"Rising Input Costs" ).
Tanu3000 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 11:36   #1059
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
@Sid3091: Thank you for your response. You may have noticed that the previous post was my first on this esteemed forum. Its heartening to see a response so quickly.
I didn't notice it was your first post

I found the Taigun's speaker setup's sound good enough, but I like having a subwoofer because it keeps the bass away from the doors.

The ventilated seats are a big miss (and a silly omission, considering the topline variant has them.) for Delhi residents such as myself.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th February 2022 at 10:35. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 2nd February 2022, 17:40   #1060
Team-BHP Support

Got this message from the SA of a major dealership network in Kerala -

Quote:
WOW !!
4 Year Service Package Free Plus 50,000 Exchange Bonus

Special Valentine Edition Volkswagen Taigun
Own the New Volkswagen Taigun with Valentine month offer

Prices start @ 10.99 Laks only
For details contact :
*Terms & Conditions apply
Looks like a dealership special because I can't find more details online.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 21:25   #1061
Senior - BHPian

DCT equipped turbo-petrol drag race

Taigun - Seltos

Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 22:35   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelJack View Post
How could they miss out on the ventilated seats in Taigun top end. Seems very strange and no logical reasoning also.
In one of interview ashish gupta said 'very soon you will see 1.4 TSI version which will have ventilated seats'. But quite glaring not to offer VS in topend GT unless they want to replace 1.5 with 1.4 TSI.
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 09:12   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
In one of interview ashish gupta said 'very soon you will see 1.4 TSI version which will have ventilated seats'. But quite glaring not to offer VS in topend GT unless they want to replace 1.5 with 1.4 TSI.
Hello, would it be feasible for you to dig the interview snippet of Ashish Gupta saying the same?

This is depressing news if it turns out to be true. The 1.4 TSI engine was universally reviewed to be lackluster. The Jetta, couple of Audi's had it and they were all found to be underpowered. The 1.4 TSI doesnt get ACT either apart from being ~30HP less than the 1.5 TSI. The 1.5 TSI is not as rev happy as the 1.0 TSI but at least it will rev till the redline effectively. The 1.4 TSI as far as the reviews went, would run out of breath beyond 5000 rpm.

The chip shortage lead to the deletion of auto folding mirrors, but if the 1.4 TSI replaces the 1.5 TSI, it will be a sad day indeed for all VAG fans (Me included ) out there.
Tanu3000 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 10:33   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, would it be feasible for you to dig the interview snippet of Ashish Gupta saying the same?

This is depressing news if it turns out to be true. The 1.4 TSI engine was universally reviewed to be lackluster. The Jetta, couple of Audi's had it and they were all found to be underpowered. The 1.4 TSI doesnt get ACT either apart from being ~30HP less than the 1.5 TSI. The 1.5 TSI is not as rev happy as the 1.0 TSI but at least it will rev till the redline effectively. The 1.4 TSI as far as the reviews went, would run out of breath beyond 5000 rpm.
This is where I found out. You can quickly scroll down to 4.4 min. Hope it helps.

prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 10:51   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
I think you misunderstood him. I believe he was talking about the 1.0 (he pronounced it as "one point oh" variant).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks