Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2022, 19:15   #1021
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by satvik4134 View Post
Hello everyone, i have purchased a highline variant of Taigun in Cherry red colour on 29th Dec. This is the first Volkswagen in my immediate or extended family. I upgraded from Kappa variant of Hyundai I10 magna of 2009 year, overall i am satisfied with this car. What I am facing is a different problem.

I am facing an issue with my Taigun, see what happens in other cars ( honda, hyundai and Maruti) is that if any one of the doors or boot of the cars remains open, the car does not gets locked on pressing the lock button from key (along with blinking confirmation from indicators). The same does not happen with Taigun, no matter if rear doors or boot remain opened, the car gives a blinking confirmation and all the remaining doors gets locked. The same differently happens with front doors, when the lock button is pressed with any of the front door open, the car doesn't gets locked.

Pls share if anyone else finds it weird as this might leave the car unsecured.

I was unable to find a suitable thread for this issue so I am posting it here.
The Facebook Taigun group had a similar query, apparently this seems to be a flaw but I read that the door does lock (even when it’s not fully shut).
throttlehead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 21:07   #1022

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
The Facebook Taigun group had a similar query, apparently this seems to be a flaw but I read that the door does lock (even when it’s not fully shut).
Yes, i was the one who had posted that query in the Facebook group.
What amazes me that how can a car company ignore this flaw and no one is bringing this up. When I enquired this with the Varanasi Volkswagen dealership, they said that this is normal with all the VW cars. I feel that I should take this up with customer care.
Old 15th January 2022, 22:08   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone, i have purchased a highline variant of Taigun in Cherry red colour on 29th Dec. This is the first Volkswagen in my immediate or extended family. I upgraded from Kappa variant of Hyundai I10 magna of 2009 year, overall i am satisfied with this car. What I am facing is a different problem.

Pls share if anyone else finds it weird as this might leave the car unsecured.

I was unable to find a suitable thread for this issue so I am posting it here.
I have a VW Jetta. If a door is not closed properly and I use the lock then all other doors get locked. No indication if any door wasn't closed properly. I haven't tested it against front or rear doors individually.
Metallicar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 22:55   #1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
I have a VW Jetta. If a door is not closed properly and I use the lock then all other doors get locked. No indication if any door wasn't closed properly. I haven't tested it against front or rear doors individually.
Ok, so it is common with all the VW cars. It is just that coming from Hyundai, honda and Maruti, i find it a concern.

Thanks everyone for sharing their experience.
Old 16th January 2022, 07:21   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
I didn’t actually think of this too much, but it doesn’t bother me. The dashboard shows you that a door is open, I also think the steering does not lock when a door is left ajar (but needs to be verified) so it’s the drivers duty to check that all doors are closed before leaving the car. It may be some kind of remnant from older cars without central locking that I do a quick check, and then get off the car.

Interestingly, if other cars warn you, that would be a good thing. Perhaps there is a setting you can switch for this, there are all kinds of settings from the OBD that can be done.
naikpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 13:34   #1026
BHPian

Took delivery of our Taigun Topline AT in December 2021 in the cherry red. This car is going to be primarily driven inside the city and is a replacement for our 7 year polo GT TSI.

The car has completed about 900km so far. The drives were a mix of city, highway and hills.

We were a confused between the topline AT and the GT plus and finally went with the Topline AT.

Observations after 900km:

Pros:

1. The car is super spacious and the boot size is deceptive. The boot can hold a lot.
2. The suspension is on the firmer side and the ground clearance with full load is good. Didn't scape even once over huge potholes and speed breakers with full load. The car is sorted at speeds of 100- 110kmph and the brakes are good.
3. The car has enough and more creature comforts and is on par with the competition.
4. The TC gearbox has a jumpy start, but is comfortable for city use and bumper to bumper traffic.
5. Streeing is light, making city drives and parking easy. Outside visibility is good with a fair range of seat adjustment.
6. Wireless CarPlay and wireless charging seem to be working as advertised and is convenient.
7. Ventilated seats, though noisy at max setting - work well. This is a first for me, never used one before. But its nice.

Cons:
1. Quality and feel seem lower than polo.
2. HU audio quality is very average.
3. The 1.0 TSI is not the engine for spirited driving and is more suited for cruising. The engine struggles with full load and 4 passengers to reach cruising speeds. Once u reach speeds of 100-110 kmph it cruises comfortably. The GB shifts to 6th gear only around 70 to 80 kmph when the engine reaches around 2000 rpm.
4. Fuel efficiency is not a strong point. B to B crawling traffic on our regular commute is around 9 kmpl. Highway efficiency with 80 to 110kmph speeds is around 13kmpl.
5. The digital display seems like a half baked attempt for the sake of giving one. Would have seriously preferred the Kushaq's analog display.

Cars considered:
Kushaq / Taigun.

Why?
Most of our cars are VAG and we didn't actually consider the Korean twins.

Why Taigun instead of Kushaq?

This is going to be my wife's car and she liked the Taigun better and wanted to stick with the VW brand. I liked the looks of the Kushaq mainly because of less chrome and analog dials. The Taiguns rear lights look better. Honestly, I liked both equally and couldn't differentiate much between the 2 cars mechanically and drive wise.

If this was our primary car I would have hands down chosen the 1.5 L with the DSG. The 1.5 also has a fair bit more torque and power. Yes, the DSG has its own problems. But having used DSGs in over 5 VAG cars, I still feel its performance is in a different league. And we have had DSG problems with one car and its been addressed satisfactorily.

Why 1.0 TSI?
Though jumpy at the start, its actually better to drive in city traffic. Our yearly mileage for this car will be less than 7000km and 95% will be city traffic. And we are planning to hold on to this car for at least 7 years.

What would I like to have been better?
Audio / speaker quality. Though not an audiophile, the sound quality is very very average. Looking at speaker swap options.

The AC seems to take it own time to cool. This is not summer yet. Have to wait to see the actual performance in summer and with more usage.

All the above observations are my personal views over 1 month. I might be biased regarding the driving experiences as my comparisons are with Polo GT TSI 1.2L and Octavia Vrs.

Happy motoring.
differential is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 15:29   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Took delivery of our Taigun Topline AT in December 2021 in the cherry red...

Happy motoring.

Welcome to the Taigun owners club!

The AC overall becomes noisy at high fan speeds. In Auto mode, I found the noise to be minimal but I agree with you that the cooling takes a hit especially on hot days.

On the observation related to reaching cruising speeds, I didn't notice any struggling or delays even when I had a full cabin and boot.

On the FE, completely agreed. This is one thirsty car.
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 15:58   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
How the VW looks with painted side claddings -

Attachment 2259727

Source - The Detailing Mafia, Trivandrum.
Looks weird. Although, adding a side door beading in gloss black would break the monotone and make it look more like a baby Tiguan. Also a chrome delete on the entire car should help.
Old 17th January 2022, 15:38   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Made in India Volkswagen Taigun driven in and around L.A, called it People's SUV.

Old 17th January 2022, 23:01   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Took delivery of our Taigun Topline AT in December 2021 in the cherry red. This car is going to be primarily driven inside the city and is a replacement for our 7 year polo GT TSI.
Congrats. I suppose FE in single digit is disappointing. Was the AC comfortable without usage of ventilated seats? I also felt the throw for rear seats was unsatisfactory during test drive. On the sound system I did check with the dealer who suggested addition of after market sub woofer.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th January 2022 at 06:02. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 18th January 2022, 19:29   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, i was the one who had posted that query in the Facebook group.
What amazes me that how can a car company ignore this flaw and no one is bringing this up. When I enquired this with the Varanasi Volkswagen dealership, they said that this is normal with all the VW cars. I feel that I should take this up with customer care.
In my Golf Mk7, if any of the doors is open and when I lock the car from key, it will lock all the closed doors and boot. Once the door which was open is closed, then it ll also get locked. I use this behaviour as a comfort feature: while my wife is taking out the bags, I carry the baby from the car, lock the car and walk away so that I don’t need to wait with baby in the freezing cold. Once my wife shuts the door, the car will blink again to indicate the open door is now locked. The same applies if boot is open.
gopi_rm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 23:15   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
The VW dealer i'm in touch with tells me that the 2022 variant is missing auto folding ORVMs due to chip shortage. This is absolutely ridiculous.
It's now updated in the brochure as well!

Volkswagen Taigun Review-taigungtorvm.pngVolkswagen Taigun Review-taigunorvm.png
varkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 11:30   #1033
BHPian

Hi,
Has anyone got a permanent solution for door rattling noise? When I called up the service center they said we need to apply some chemical and keep the car for 4 hrs. Is that the only fix?
Old 22nd January 2022, 09:57   #1034
BHPian

Seems like the news about manually foldable ORVM's has killed this thread. Earlier, I used to see an average of at least 2-3 posts a day, but that has been missing now. Wonder if that reflects on the actual sales of the car as well. Would be interesting to see the January and February numbers come out.
Ays7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 12:35   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
The VW dealer i'm in touch with tells me that the 2022 variant is missing auto folding ORVMs due to chip shortage. This is absolutely ridiculous.
I can confirm this as well. I went in to get my RC from my dealer last week and the sales lead who sold me the car mentioned this as well, that in 2022 models they had removed autofolding ORVMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
Hi,
Has anyone got a permanent solution for door rattling noise? When I called up the service center they said we need to apply some chemical and keep the car for 4 hrs. Is that the only fix?
Is it rattling or like metal squeaking over rubber? And does it happen on normal roads or when you go on uneven, bad roads?

I mentioned it during my first free service and they did something, believe it's the same sort of some lubricant getting applied in the contact areas. The noise was completely gone after that. But less than a month in, I heard it again but it was extremely faint and the car cabin was very, very quiet.

Will have to watch out for it.

Last edited by asmr : 22nd January 2022 at 12:39. Reason: Forgot MQ, Editing to avoid back to back posts
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks