Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2023, 08:32   #1906
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpa3326 View Post
Hi fellow BHPians,

Also, should I go for the variant with ventilated seats or without it? I read somewhere about AC hissing sound with the ventilated seats model.
Ventilated seats are a god sent , the hissing sound is only for few seconds. if you're a driver on a long drive you will be patting your back for taking ventilated seats. While booking ensure you're taking a freshly baked car at least Mar 2023 onboards.
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 18:52   #1907
BHPian

I have a couple of queries regarding the Taigun, Hope someone can help. Is there a way to answer or reject phone calls from the steering wheel? I did not see any button for the same and had to use the touch screen only to answer/hang up. what am i missing? The second thing is that i usually use the AC on Auto and there does not seem to be an OFF switch for the same. Every time i need to bring the Fan speed down to one and then switch off the fan to turn off the AC. Any other solution to this?
Old 25th June 2023, 20:25   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
Is there a way to answer or reject phone calls from the steering wheel? The second thing is that i usually use the AC on Auto and there does not seem to be an OFF switch for the same.
You can use the ok button on the steering wheel to answer calls. I haven't figured out reject. Should be in the manual

Touch the lower fan button twice to switch the AC and Blower off
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 22:03   #1909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
You can use the ok button on the steering wheel to answer calls. I haven't figured out reject. Should be in the manual

Touch the lower fan button twice to switch the AC and Blower off
To reject call just press selection arrow and it will scroll down to reject and then click ok as usual.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 01:32   #1910
BHPian

Has anyone used the carbon air filter as a swap from the official accessories list ( part #6JR-091-700)? Our car drives full time using AC, but lately we have been having a lot of dust allergies and other issues. Wondering if we should explore this. Costs 1k per site. Did also check after market to find a k&n filter. I don't know much about them except that they are some performance filters and may not fit my need. (33-3037 K&N REPLACEMENT AIR FILTER). Please advice?
Old 2nd July 2023, 22:19   #1911
BHPian

Hi fellow BHPians,

I'm planning to get a Taigun 1.0 Topline MT; had a test drive yesterday and was impressed by the way it drives.

I am adamant about a 5-star safety rating, which has led to a very short list of vehicles to choose from, wifey is also on board and ready to compromise on other creature comfort apart from AC (the cooler the better).

Just want to know the performance of AC, how good it is after the said VW update? In my short drive, I can rate it OK.

I will hate to be in a place to compromise on a stable body shell in lieu of a good AC performance
Old 2nd July 2023, 22:36   #1912

Did anyone manage to enable this especially with the 22-23 models as My car has a dongle by CERENCE. Do correct me if i am wrong

Car details
Model- Taigun Topline 1.0 Manual
YR - 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
How to use Jio Dongle in Taigun Car

I don’t know how many have been using Jio dongle found in Taigun Car for Wi-Fi connectivity.
However, for the uninitiated, the following are the steps to be followed to activate the same.

1. Install JioMotive app from Play Store or App Store

2. Use the same mobile number that was used for My Volkswagen Connect app to activate this app too. If you are not using My Volkswagen Connect app, then use the mobile number that was given to the dealer at the time of car registration. Once the JioMotive app is activated, the initial screen is displayed as shown below.
Attachment 2266308

3. Select your name & vehicle number displayed at the top as indicated by the arrow above in point#2

Attachment 2266306

4. In the screen shown in point#3 above, select “Manage” under Wi-Fi settings
Attachment 2266307

5. Under “Manage Device”, switch on Wi-Fi. SSID and Password details can be found on the screen. Use this credential for connecting car Wi-Fi.
6. No need to use the mobile hotspot to download apps or to listen to Gaana.
Old 3rd July 2023, 09:26   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminati View Post

I will hate to be in a place to compromise on a stable body shell in lieu of a good AC performance
My cousin picked up a Taigun 2 weeks ago and AC is pretty good just remember 23 degrees in Korean or our humble Maruti will be 21 degrees in Taigun. Also the cooling can take up to 10 minutes if the car is parked under sun so be patient.

While buying insist on getting the VIN before making any large sum payment , make sure the car is manufactured from March 23 onwards and BS6.2 compliant. You will be fine.
Old 3rd July 2023, 10:53   #1914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
While buying insist on getting the VIN before making any large sum payment , make sure the car is manufactured from March 23 onwards and BS6.2 compliant. You will be fine.
Thanks for your reply.
I will check the VIN number before making any further payments apart from Rs 21,000 booking amount.

I have asked for a city test drive in the afternoon on the coming weekend to test for the AC performance once more (hoping it will not be cloudy), if all goes well & approved by the home ministry, will book it on that day.
Illuminati is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 10:59   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply.
I will check the VIN number before making any further payments apart from Rs 21,000 booking amount.

I have asked for a city test drive in the afternoon on the coming weekend to test for the AC performance once more (hoping it will not be cloudy), if all goes well & approved by the home ministry, will book it on that day.
Take a long TD but if the car is from 2022 batch then don't let that be your decision making factor. When I did TD for Slavia the AC was pretty useless but I knew the issue was sorted out so didn't bother, the AC in my car is pretty good so again I would suggest don't rely on the TD vehicle unless its from the new batch. Happy shopping
Old 6th July 2023, 09:03   #1916
BHPian

Made in India VW Taigun gets another 5 star in more stringent Latin NCAP, however it gets 6 airbags as standard along with Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) (which the Indian version misses).

Just for reference, Hyundai Tucson scored 0, Honda WRV 1, Kia Sportage 3 in the recent tests that were done by Latin NCAP.

Source: LatinNCAP Website

Last edited by tsi_niks1989 : 6th July 2023 at 09:11.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 20:08   #1917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
Take a long TD but if the car is from 2022 batch then don't let that be your decision making factor. The AC in my car is pretty good so again I would suggest don't rely on the TD vehicle unless its from the new batch. Happy shopping
Update: Took the test drive in the afternoon, and the AC felt sufficient.

Went ahead and did the booking for Highline 1.0 TSI MT in Lava Blue Color.

Should be home in around 20 days.
Illuminati is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 08:51   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Took the test drive in the afternoon, and the AC felt sufficient.

Went ahead and did the booking for Highline 1.0 TSI MT in Lava Blue Color.

Should be home in around 20 days.
Congratulations
Old 14th July 2023, 07:37   #1919

Guys,

Booked 1.5GTplus but still torn between white and carbon steel grey color . I liked carbon steel grey but now I think white is easier to maintain and the dark roof does give white a better road presence. Thoughts?
Old 14th July 2023, 11:18   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishant.rana View Post
Guys,

Booked 1.5GTplus but still torn between white and carbon steel grey color . I liked carbon steel grey but now I think white is easier to maintain and the dark roof does give white a better road presence. Thoughts?
Well colour is always a personal choice, recently VW has launched new colors as well. You can opt for :
Carbon steel matte,
Black,
Lava blue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks