Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2023, 20:54   #1876
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Our 2022 VW Taigun 1.0 MT refused to start earlier today. My dad called VW Frontier Gurgaon, and they sent a flatbed but they didn't care to actually look into it for like two hours. After which we were told that everything - all electricals, fuse, battery (battery power is working, even AC/Stereo, but engine won't crank) is fine. They aren't able to understand it. The power isn't going to the starter motor, they will probably check it tomorrow. It's very annoying, and how VW Gurgaon treats the customers. Our Taigun is Jan 2022 manufactured, March 2022 registered and has clocked 23,000kms. Just to give some background, I was among the first few to observe the AC issues and raise awareness here.
adigup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 17:02   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
Has anyone been able to fit an extra light in the dummy slot?
Bumping this one up.
Old 6th June 2023, 20:17   #1878

Has anyone else been able to activate the wifi of the VW Dongle. My 2022 Taigun doesnt seem to have come with a Jio Dongle.

I can access the VW connect plus app but when i login to the Jiomotive app there is no device
Old 16th June 2023, 02:11   #1879
BHPian

Hi everyone. Got the 45000km service done for my VW Taigun Topline MT two days ago. Along with the engine oil change and air filter change they also changed all four brake pads. Surprisingly Brake pads were changed just at previous service at 30000km in December 2022. When I asked how they might have worn out so early, I was told that there is a step in the disc and that if the brake pads wear out early again then next time I’ll have to get the discs also changed. Service plus brake pads plus wash and wheel balancing + alignment costed Rs. 16818. The previous service costed Rs. 12500.

There were two issues - one was that the DRLs have started turning yellow, for this the service Center has apparently filed for a warranty claim and they said once it’s approved and the part reaches, both headlight assemblies will be replaced.

Second issue is that the infotainment screen turns green or pink at times, as instructed by the SA I made a video of the same when it happened asking with the odo reading, vehicle registration number and VIN. For this they said the software has to be reset, I will be getting this done in the coming days.

Along with the service, the AC software update and driver side power window fix was done.

Fast forward to today night - some irresponsible teenagers hit my car with their nexon as per eye witnesses and ran away. They have reversed their car across the stretch of the road and slammed into the driver’s door. The restaurant owner came down and promised to give me the CCTV footage as soon as possible. Attaching pictures of the car. I’m in a fix as to whether to claim insurance or not. Either way I’m determined to trace the owner of the car that caused the damage - highly irresponsible for having run away without even apologising.

A traffic constable turned up just ten minutes post the incident after somebody informed about the incident to the control room.

The damage came as a huge shock considering the amount of care I give the car which makes the wife feel jealous at times. I still can’t come to terms as to how they managed to take reverse all the way across the entire width of the road and hit the car.

The door mechanism is working, central locking is also working. The tint is holding the shattered window in place, so didn’t attempt to use the windows switches.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-d26dfb478dd5424981c8bc54f72ce2eb.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-a7da36d89006418995f089420312d2a3.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-a4f5a91e186e4be0adc44a95f0d7735b.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-9472586ee1724e278a4334a76ac14bcf.jpeg

Last edited by Osteon206 : 16th June 2023 at 02:16. Reason: Spelling
Osteon206 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 08:48   #1880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteon206 View Post
Hi everyone. ...to use the windows switches.
Oh no! That is so awful. The Nexon would have had identifiable damage after this. Did you manage to get the information of the perps from the CCTV? Regardless of being teens or not, they need to made to pay for this accident!

My car is at 12K Kms on the odometer while being 17 months old. I see that the driver side window problem has come back infrequently. Need to take the car to the service center in the next few weeks.

I also see a slight drag to the right and steering wheel shake when the speeds go past 90kmph or so. So a visit to the wheels alignment and balancing shop is also pending. The ASS wheel alignment and balancing did zilch to fix the problem several months back (the drag was to the left then). The tyre store guys fixed it in 5 mins.

Last edited by asmr : 16th June 2023 at 08:55. Reason: Added additional information
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 09:04   #1881
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Fast forward to today night - some irresponsible teenagers hit my car with their nexon as per eye witnesses and ran away.
Really sorry to hear this man. Hope you can get that CCTV footage and take the culprits to task.

Don't fret - the authorised service centre will take care of the repairs. Paint matching is going to be hard. The repainted door panel might stand out.

Quote:
Attaching pictures of the car. I’m in a fix as to whether to claim insurance or not.
Why wouldn't you? The repairs would be much higher than whatever NCB has been accrued. Please claim insurance.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th June 2023 at 09:05.
Gannu_1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 10:24   #1882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I’m in a fix as to whether to claim insurance or not.
I would suggest you to go for the insurance and insist on a new door (not getting the old door tinkered). They should also go for new rubber beadings instead of using the old one.
This would be a expensive repair and it doesn't make sense to spend from your pocket.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 15:39   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Really sorry to hear this man. Hope you can get that CCTV footage and take the culprits to task.
The repairs would be much higher than whatever NCB has been accrued. Please claim insurance.
Thanks for the advice. I have given the car to VW. My Service advisor and Sales exec was shocked to see the state of the vehicle. They said FIR was not required. Claiming insurance. They also said the door will be replaced and not repainted - this was a relief.

As for the CCTV footage, the hotel is telling me that only that particular CCTV was not functioning, for some reason they are protecting them. Even we dined there, somehow they don’t feel the same about us. Again I understand the hotel owner must be quite influential and I’m just an ordinary person far from being influential. However a close family friend of mine knows the building owner and said he’ll try to get the registration number of the vehicle from the owner of the building whom he knows personally.

I don’t want to file the FIR, I just want to contact the owner of the vehicle from the point of view of social responsibility. They shouldn’t think that they can just get away with something like this.

Posting clearer pictures taken this morning. My doubts about built and paint quality were cleared - both are good IMHO.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-d265eeb304324135a0e7a991f7c3d354.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-aac4adb2277c496cbbc932e74ebae40a.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-1339bbfacf704cceac9a4a9f415813bc.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-9b704a64158d4ee2b66e183ff1e59ca6.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-51f42e53b47f425fbafd20ae57d05050.jpeg
Osteon206 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 19:35   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone. Got the 45000km service done for my VW Taigun Topline MT two days ago. Along with the engine oil change and air filter change they also changed all four brake pads. Surprisingly Brake pads were changed just at previous service at 30000km in December 2022. When I asked how they might have worn out so early, I was told that there is a step in the disc and that if the brake pads wear out early again then next time I’ll have to get the discs also changed. Service plus brake pads plus wash and wheel balancing + alignment costed Rs. 16818. The previous service costed Rs. 12500.
Brake pads being replaced in a year or maximum 15k kilometers tell 2 things, either you are very hard on your brakes or the service center people are taking you for a ride. Did you see the brake pads yourself after they took them out? Plus can you share your service bill, 17k seems a lot. I know you really love your car, but don't trust service center people with your eyes closed, they take advantage of this thing. And get your car fixed using insurance, this is what you pay premium for.
yesyeswe is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 22:05   #1885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Did you see the brake pads yourself after they took them out? Plus can you share your service bill, 17k seems a lot.
I’m actually a sedate driver, hard braking usually is very rare, my wife does rev more though. I’m sharing the picture of the brake pad as well. The service bill is in the car which is back in the service station, I’ll share the bill tomorrow. I understand service guys may push to replace more than what’s required. He was pushing me to change the discs as well, but I had a word with another service advisor and decided against it. Since I’m not good at the technical and mechanical part of the brake and since it’s the brake, I went for the change of the pads this time. Our usage is about 3000km a month. This involves a lot of ghat driving as well - that might explain the hard braking I guess. Also so far it’s been 16 months since I got the car. Purchased mid Feb 2022.

On hindsight the brake pads look like they would have lasted longer than another 1500km. I should have been more careful.

Have applied for the insurance to fix the door and window.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-a2469012f210428290664ea4107c3130.jpeg

Last edited by Osteon206 : 16th June 2023 at 22:16. Reason: Added information
Old 16th June 2023, 22:20   #1886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He was pushing me to change the discs as well, but I had a word with another service advisor and decided against it.
Discs won't go bad unless the pads are worn out and it starts making screeching sound. Discs are not 'consumables'.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 22:45   #1887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Discs won't go bad unless the pads are worn out and it starts making screeching sound. Discs are not 'consumables'.
Ok. Even last time this didn’t happen, no screeching sound. My complaint to them was that on long trips after around 150km of driving when slowing down to speeds below 40kmph even from around 80kmph towards the end there is some grinding sound from the front brakes just before the car comes to a halt. This doesn’t happen always. This time I noticed it in the last three hairpin bends when driving downhill in Dhimbam ghat enroute Coimbatore. Then if I carefully consciously depress the brake pedal real soft, less than half the depth the grinding sound doesn’t happen. Now I’ve developed a habit of lifting the foot a little just before the car comes to a complete halt at signals.

Can you please shed light on what this could be due to?

In any of my previous cars if this had happened, I’d have got it checked at a FNG, but since this is a VW I just stick to the authorised service Center in order not to give VW an excuse to tell me that the warranty is void because of a repair at a non-authorised Center.
Old 16th June 2023, 22:54   #1888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok. Even last time this didn’t happen, no screeching sound. My complaint to them was that on long trips after around 150km of driving when slowing down to speeds below 40kmph even from around 80kmph towards the end there is some grinding sound from the front brakes just before the car comes to a halt. This doesn’t happen always. This time I noticed it in the last three hairpin bends when driving downhill in Dhimbam ghat enroute Coimbatore. Then if I carefully consciously depress the brake pedal real soft, less than half the depth the grinding sound doesn’t happen. Now I’ve developed a habit of lifting the foot a little just before the car comes to a complete halt at signals.
It is possible that the disc had (or developed) some kind of waviness/bend. But that should be covered by the warranty and they should replace it. They should not try to sell a new disc to the customer unless the disc got damaged due to worn out pads.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 23:06   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It is possible that the disc had (or developed) some kind of waviness/bend. But that should be covered by the warranty and they should replace it. They should not try to sell a new disc to the customer unless the disc got damaged due to worn out pads.
I’ll try to get this checked by another dealership next time I go to Bangalore. Thanks for the input. I didn’t know this would be covered in warranty itself. He told me brake pads and discs together cost 15k.
Old 19th June 2023, 09:48   #1890
BHPian

Quote:
As for the CCTV footage, the hotel is telling me that only that particular CCTV was not functioning, for some reason they are protecting them.

I don’t want to file the FIR, I just want to contact the owner of the vehicle from the point of view of social responsibility. They shouldn’t think that they can just get away with something like this.
Glad to hear that service center is replacing the door and not repairing it. I hope you do catch hold of these guys and get an explanation and a compensation for the damages caused. Do not let go of them that easily.

If you file a police complaint, I am sure the restaurant owner would be forced to share the CCTV footage with the police.
RaviKBobba is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks