Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2023, 19:05   #1981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbeautysoul View Post
Hello, I'm Krishna. I have 2015 Polo Gt. I've been meaning to get her de-chromed as well. Could you share where you got it done in Bangalore, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagsvijay View Post

Could you please detail me on how the chrome work is painted in black?

Your model has sunroof, please guide me on maintaining and keeping it clean always. Many thanks for your post.
Not Dev, but still answering as I got it done recently.

I did mine in Palakkad, Keralam from a known FNG. Before you decide to paint, please find a detailer and get a black / camouflage wrap done and see for yourself. The wraps do stay in place without coming off. Mine got brushed by an auto so I decided to paint over.

3M / detailing mafia / car laundry any of these folks should be able to do it. If you do plan on painting - the service centre does it but charges approx 25-30K. You could check with code6 garage as well. I had also checked for a dipping from Dawn customs, their quote was close to 15-16K

As of Sunroof - I hardly use it. I got the lubed during the yearly maintenance service, I checked it now seeing this question, and it's become really noisy. I need to check as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
I had sent my car for brake noise issue
May I ask what the issue was, and if it got resolved? On my last ride I started noticing a weird noise - almost like drum beats when I slow down from triple digit speeds. This has never happened before. I'm due to make a visit to the SC to get this checked.

Thanks Much.

Last edited by ampere : 13th September 2023 at 21:24. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 8th September 2023, 07:01   #1982

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Thanks a lot for the response :-)

But mine is brand new so want to just de chrome and I think that won't cost much. Let me check for Camaflogue and check with 3M in HSR.

Also regarding the sunroof the question is more about cleaning and maintaining, as everyone saying need to clean regularly otherwise it will look like a mess when you sit inside and open :-)
nagsvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 15:46   #1983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
May I ask what the issue was, and if it got resolved? On my last ride I started noticing a weird noise - almost like drum beats when I slow down from triple digit speeds. This has never happened before. I'm due to make a visit to the SC to get this checked.

Thanks Much.
I am having brake noise issue since 18K km, got disc and pad changed at 27K km again noise is back after driving 4K kms. I have escalated the matter and hopefully VW technical team should help diagnose the issue.

The noise is similar to the drum beats, changing pads & disc is a temporary fix.
TJ02 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 14:15   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
The noise is similar to the drum beats, changing pads & disc is a temporary fix.
I was talking to the service manager and he mentioned it may be an issue with the ABS, can only get it checked by the 30th of this month.

Funnily, another ode to the quality of 2.0 models, the aircon control broke at one side.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20230910_134531.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagsvijay View Post
But mine is brand new so want to just de chrome and I think that won't cost much.
Also regarding the sunroof the question is more about cleaning and maintaining, as everyone saying need to clean regularly otherwise it will look like a mess when you sit inside and open :-)
Wrapping the chrome parts costed me close to 1.2K from a friend's detailing shop. Please get the trims removed, wrapped and installed back. Painting from the local shop was 8k.

As of Sunroof, I haven't done anything extra. I give the car one pressure wash in a month. It's not been that dirty.

Last edited by ampere : 13th September 2023 at 21:24. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 12th September 2023, 14:25   #1985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
I was talking to the service manager and he mentioned it may be an issue with the ABS, can only get it checked by the 30th of this month.
Well the remedy currently provided is application of lithium grease. Post the application brakes have stopped making noise.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 21:00   #1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by abiswas27 View Post
Well the EPC error hit me finally. Things were going great but one fine morning the EPC signal came on and while I drove the car to my clinic, I could feel that the car was holding back. I mean the peppiness was gone. I thought maybe it was a one-off instance since the EPC sign would go off and on at its own sweet wish.
Well finally I got my car back after three weeks.The ASC was unable to pinpoint the issue so they asked for support from the company.The issue was finally located in the turbocharger servo motor, which had failed.( Part No-04E198725G)

Now this part is not supposed to fail so early, so the hunt for its cause ensued.
Finally they concluded that the part shorted due to water ingress from the plastic tray which is positioned just below the windshield and houses the wind screen washer nozzles.This part is constructed in two parts and are joined in the middle as can be seen in the attached picture. When its raining or using the windscreen washer or even washing the vehicle the water that flows off the windscreen collects in the tray before draining. the joint of the parts which is in the middle had developed a leak and some water was trickling down and falling directly over the servo motor which is situated exactly below the joint.

The solution was application of butyl tape to seal the leak.

The ASC acknowledged that this is the first time they have encountered such an issue.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-detail.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-servo.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-tray.jpg  

Last edited by ampere : 13th September 2023 at 21:23.
abiswas27 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 08:46   #1987

Quote:
Well finally I got my car back after three weeks.The ASC was unable to pinpoint the issue so they asked for support from the company.The issue was finally located in the turbocharger servo motor, which had failed.( Part No-04E198725G)
It's Good News that the root cause has been identified. The information you have provided is very good. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Last edited by graaja : 14th September 2023 at 09:22. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only a small or relevant part of the post.
saurabhswift13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 10:20   #1988
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Well finally I got my car back after three weeks.

The ASC acknowledged that this is the first time they have encountered such an issue.
Glad to see the issue resolved. And lovely to see the root cause found and analyzed. Hope VW (and may be Skoda) add this cowl top tape solution in next service voluntarily as service campaign. I know the probability of occurance may be low but the impact is high since it renders vehicle inoperative.

Last edited by thanixravindran : 14th September 2023 at 10:22.
thanixravindran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 10:48   #1989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This part is constructed in two parts and are joined in the middle as can be seen in the attached picture. When its raining or using the windscreen washer or even washing the vehicle the water that flows off the windscreen collects in the tray before draining. the joint of the parts which is in the middle had developed a leak and some water was trickling down and falling directly over the servo motor which is situated exactly below the joint.
Nice to see these findings. Need to check how it is in my Slavia 1.5. And I have been guilty of pressure washing the engine bay multiple times and drenching the whole area with all sorts of detergents.
Old 15th September 2023, 07:55   #1990

The service engineer specifically asked me not to pressure wash the windscreen and the engine bay is a big no-no.
abiswas27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 07:34   #1991
BHPian

Quote:

Now this part is not supposed to fail so early, so the hunt for its cause ensued.
Finally they concluded that the part shorted due to water ingress from the plastic tray

The solution was application of butyl tape to seal the leak.

Very amused that they concluded. Does it mean VW is not aware of their own car? But good that the issue is resolved.
Old 27th September 2023, 12:01   #1992

VW is changing the engine mountings of Taigun. They called me for an "inspection" and then proceeded to change the mountings apart from S/w update etc.

My observations after the change.
- The mounting itself is softer and much thicker.
- a much softer low-speed ride.
- doesn't make rattling noises over most bumps. even the rattlesnake ones.

The car just got so much better.
abhim23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 17:00   #1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhim23 View Post
VW is changing the engine mountings of Taigun. They called me for an "inspection" and then proceeded to change the mountings apart from S/w update etc.

The car just got so much better.
Is it for for all Taiguns?
I also received a call from VW Indore for fuel pump recall that too after using it for 2 years. Sept 2021 purchase.
Old 27th September 2023, 18:40   #1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Is it for for all Taiguns?
I am not sure. my purchase is April 2023. but the manufacturing dec-2022. You can call and ask them.
abhim23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 23:01   #1995
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhim23 View Post
VW is changing the engine mountings of Taigun. They called me for an "inspection" and then proceeded to change the mountings apart from S/w update
Is this for 1.0L or 1.5L engine variant?

And is the entire engine mounting set changed - Bush, metal bracket and nuts or just the rubber bush?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks