Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2023, 11:31   #1996

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Hi,

I’m looking for tyre recommendations for the Taigun GTP. I’ve driven my car ~11,000kms and the Goodyear tyres have had several flats in the last 2 months.

In 205/55/R17, the only options available are:
  1. Goodyear Triple Max (same as OEM) - given my experience so far and the road noise lately, these are ruled out.
  2. CEAT
  3. Apollo
  4. MRF Wanderer Street (the dealer recommended these)
  5. Pirelli Centurato (only run flats available with the dealer in Mumbai - which don’t make sense for this car)

Would appreciate any advice you guys can give me here.

Is upsizing to 215/55/R17 safe given the condition of Mumbai roads - I’m concerned the higher ride and potholes could hurt the suspension over time.

On another note, I’ve lately been feeling like the car is not as peppy as before - response is about 75% of what it was. Is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th September 2023, 13:48   #1997
BHPian

Hi,

Has anybody got the Kushaq subwoofer fitted in the Taigun?

I really like to improve the sound quality inside the cabin and do not want to risk the warranty cover.

My SA told me that it is not possible, but I feel it should be plug-and-play as both are practically the same vehicle mechanically.

Any leads would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Illuminati is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 13:51   #1998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhim23 View Post
VW is changing the engine mountings of Taigun. They called me for an "inspection" and then proceeded to change the mountings apart from S/w update etc.
Is this a recall? I have not heard yet from VW, mine is 2021 manufactured.
Old 29th September 2023, 18:46   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpwarp23 View Post
Is upsizing to 215/55/R17 safe given the condition of Mumbai roads - I’m concerned the higher ride and potholes could hurt the suspension over time.
The overall deviation is within spec for this upsize project.

It will add:

6 mm to the height - On a Taigun which is anyway not too tall, this addition will not impact its driving manners.

6 mm to side wall (3 mm on each side) - This would give you a better ride quality.
Old 29th September 2023, 20:32   #2000

Finally bit the bullet and made the booking for Taigun 1.5 GT Plus in Lava Blue. The wait times stated by the dealer (Volkswagen Bangalore South - JP Nagar) is at least 60 days.

Although I paid the booking amount a couple of weeks ago, I haven't received anything from the VW or the dealer. All I have is the photo of a Sales Contract Form with the price and paid amount stated. Is this normal?

Does it make sense to make another booking with a different dealer for the same color to increase my chances of getting the allotment? Please advise. Thank you!
kns008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 19:55   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kns008 View Post
Although I paid the booking amount a couple of weeks ago, I haven't received anything from the VW or the dealer. All I have is the photo of a Sales Contract Form with the price and paid amount stated. Is this normal?
I had made a booking end of Aug for the same colour combination and also only received sales contract form photo from SA. Still waiting for the delivery. The SA mentioned that production was halted in Sep for regular maintenance and will start end of Sep (don't know how true it is) but generally seems Lava blue in GT plus is taking time to be delivered. I am hoping to take delivery in Oct basis hopes given by my SA (fingers crossed!).
subrasri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 08:40   #2002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kns008 View Post
Does it make sense to make another booking with a different dealer for the same color to increase my chances of getting the allotment? Please advise. Thank you!
Hello,

I was in the same predicament as you in January 2022. I had made a booking for a Yellow Taigun GT+ at the VW - Elite Motors - JP Nagar showroom which never got allotted to them. I waited 5 months and finally took delivery of a red Taigun GT+ from VW - PPS motors - Nagavara. I had made 3 bookings totally (Elite Motors, Apple Auto and PPS motors)

In those 5 months the OTR for the Taigun GT+ jumped by almost Rs 1.5 Lakh.

Please make multiple bookings across multiple dealers to better your chances of getting the car sooner. Cancelling a booking and getting the booking amount(s) back is lengthy and painful but its better than not getting the car soon or swallowing a price hike (Like I did )

Cheers.
Tanu3000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 15:02   #2003

Thank you @Tanu3000. That's very helpful to know. Will go ahead and make at least another booking. I'm thinking PPS Motor, Lalbagh because they offered 35K cash discount upfront when I was just enquiring.

PS: Not sure if this is recent, but isn't VW JP Nagar Kun Volkswagen now?
Old 4th October 2023, 13:14   #2004
BHPian

Hi guys, now that new Taigun comes with an amplifier and a subwoofer, can we install it as an official accessory and not void warranty. This is a much needed upgrade as the current setup is just about average in terms of SQ.
Old 10th October 2023, 20:38   #2005

Hi folks,
It is that time of the year when we have to renew insurance. My Taigun insurance expires next month.
I got calls from a lot of agents stating Tata AIG and also received a quote from Royal Sundaram. Yet to get quotation from others. However I am confused on the IDV to be selected.

Current (Bajaj Allianz)
IDV: 14.87L

Updated Quotes:

Royal Sundaran(direct):
IDV: 17.42L

Tata AIG(agent):
IDV: 14.5L

Royal Sundaram claims that we can increase the IDV without any issue.

Can we increase the IDV as suggested by RS?
Old 11th October 2023, 11:19   #2006

Received an update from Kun Volkswagen, JP Nagar that the Taigun GTP in Lava Blue will be available for PDI sometime next week.

But the bummer is that they are no longer offering the 25K cash discount that they had offered while making the booking. Their justification is that since this is a new model (the one with electrical seats and subwoofer) they can’t offer any discounts.

So all in all, we will be paying 55K more than initially planned (25K discount and 30K increase on the ex showroom price).

We all really liked the lava blue colour and considering this will be our only car, it makes sense to spend 55K more for this particular variant? If we ask around in Bangalore, we might be able to find the previous model in Grey or silver that will cost us less.

At 23.5L should we be looking at other cars? What do you folks think?
Old 13th October 2023, 12:14   #2007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto_noob View Post
Hi folks,
It is that time of the year when we have to renew insurance.
Try Acko and you will be pleasantly surprised. I use Acko for all my cars and have a great experience with claim and reimbursement.
IDV - yes you can change the suggested value within a range. Really upto you.
FAIAAA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 12:29   #2008
BHPian

Quote:
Royal Sundaram claims that we can increase the IDV without any issues.

Whatever the IDV they follow their depreciation chart in case of Total loss. End of the day you have to pay more premiums without many benefits. See the below discussion

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...your-take.html (Increasing your Car's IDV during insurance renewal -Whats your take?)
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 08:28   #2009
BHPian

Quote:

Current (Bajaj Allianz)
IDV: 14.87L

Updated Quotes:

Royal Sundaran(direct):
IDV: 17.42L

Tata AIG(agent):
IDV: 14.5L

Royal Sundaram claims that we can increase the IDV without any issue.

My understanding is that the IDV is simply a ploy to get more premium, since they won't go by that number for any claims. I might be wrong and will be more than happy to stand corrected.

A note on the insurance providers. I did have Royal Sundaram as the insurer for the first year on my Taigun. I was shocked by the quote they gave for the renewal. It was almost 2X the amount I paid when purchasing the vehicle! I immediately felt there was something fishy.

Anyway, since I use my agent for all my insurance purchases, I switched to TATA AIG. Now I have received the quote from TATA AIG for the renewal and the amount is not very much less from what I paid last year.
Old 15th October 2023, 10:49   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminati View Post
Hi,

Has anybody got the Kushaq subwoofer fitted in the Taigun?

I really like to improve the sound quality inside the cabin and do not want to risk the warranty cover.

My SA told me that it is not possible, but I feel it should be plug-and-play as both are practically the same vehicle mechanically.

Any leads would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Hi guys, now that new Taigun comes with an amplifier and a subwoofer, can we install it as an official accessory and not void warranty. This is a much needed upgrade as the current setup is just about average in terms of SQ.
Even though the cars are same(kushaq-Taigun) and the Subwoofer is being offered now in Taigun, there's a difference in the wiring harness, you can't even install the Subwoofer in kushaq ambition even though kushaq had the Subwoofer in the style variant.

Plus you would require the amplifier too which isn't there in the regular cars. The cars with the Subwoofer have amplifier and even the tweeters and the speakers have more power output, so it isn't just the Subwoofer which is contributing to the better sound output.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks