Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2023, 15:32   #1861

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDeshmukh View Post
Background

Cut to mid-Dec 2022. VW (BU Bhandari, Pune) completes annual servicing and sends a brochure /advt of exchange offers for year-end. I casually call up VW and check what the offers are. BU Bhandari, Pune was quick to respond.
Do you mind saying which BU Bhandari branch you visited? Pashan, Shivajinagar, and Wakad?

Between Pashan and Shivajinavar which branch has better service offerings?
Based on Google ratings, the Pashan branch is better but it has reviews included for the Triumph showroom as well.
Old 19th May 2023, 15:46   #1862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
Do you mind saying which BU Bhandari branch you visited? Pashan, Shivajinagar, and Wakad?

Between Pashan and Shivajinavar which branch has better service offerings?
Based on Google ratings, the Pashan branch is better but it has reviews included for the Triumph showroom as well.
Wakad branch. I have been a long BU Bhandari, Wakad customer, and have had minimal issues with them.
RohanDeshmukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 17:22   #1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Everything on your car is covered under insurance which gets damaged by accidents, for the price of the bumper you have to contact service center guys only as they would tell you about the part and labour cost. Get it done under insurance, this is what you pay premium for.
Bumping my query with updates.
Had requested for bumper replacement in VW Tirunelveli 10 days back. The bumper is yet to arrive. Have been checking with the assigned SA every two days. Still the same update.

This lead me to worry that if a simple plastic part takes so much time, what will happen when one or other other critical parts needs replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20230510wa0000.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20230519wa0004.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20230519wa0002.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20230519wa0003.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20230519wa0005.jpg  

Old 19th May 2023, 22:14   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
The message from CP-VWSERV was received on Mar 14th and went to ASC shortly after that.
I did not get a message but the CRM has reached out and scheduled a pickup and drop to get this done for the driver side window. I did pop a question on twitter about it and they followed up. I also have reported the absymal performance of the AC even after their proposed s/w update. Will know on Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
If they put the fine and let us go, yes. What they do many times is they pull the tint films off then and there, leaving a horrid mess on the glasses. That is something many will risk, in addition to knowingly do something against the law. Better to lobby against it correctly, if one has the means and connections.
I took the plunge two weeks back but went with Garware Supreme series instead of 3M CR70 at 1/3rd of the cost. A little less heartache if this scenario eventually happens.

Details here : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5545987 (Front windscreen sunfilm?)
Old 21st May 2023, 11:31   #1865

Is it normal for the EPC light to glow before ignition? It goes off after I start the vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-16846488708435603098372610430868.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2023, 01:22   #1866

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Volkswagen has already coated the underbody with thick rubber like paint, if you get the chance to see the underbody you'll see. So need to spend extra for underbody protection. Moreover I don't ceramic coating doesn't underbody coating, until and unless it was included in the package.
Thanks
I am finding the AC issue also bit resolved. Though it's quite hot in Delhi now and it takes couple of minutes to make you comfortable after starting
Old 22nd May 2023, 14:28   #1867

I bought Taigun 1.0 Turbo AT Topline
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_9757.jpeg
jyothishrj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 13:44   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyothishrj View Post
I bought Taigun 1.0 Turbo AT Topline
Attachment 2454017
Congrats...color looks great...pity it wasn't available earlier
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 23:24   #1869
BHPian

Has anyone tried adding 360 degree camera from third party vendors. I found this online

When I checked with them, they said it is connected socket to socket and doesnt tamper electric harness and hence doesnt void warranty. When I checked with VW salesperson, he "unofficially" told it doesnt void warranty. Can someone here confirm the same?
Old 27th May 2023, 08:30   #1870

In my Taigun Headlights mist occurs
In the morning it goes Is it normal?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_9611.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_9610.jpeg  

Old 28th May 2023, 09:04   #1871

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarprabhatn View Post
Has anyone tried adding 360 degree camera from third party vendors. I found this online

Third Party 360 degree camera

When I checked with them, they said it is connected socket to socket and doesnt tamper electric harness and hence doesnt void warranty. When I checked with VW salesperson, he "unofficially" told it doesnt void warranty. Can someone here confirm the same?
With the recent news of cars catching fire due to wiring issues (as per manufacturer analysis), I wouldn’t take the risk of getting this done if it is not offered from VW.
Petronius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 15:31   #1872
SDx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathrk View Post
Is it normal for the EPC light to glow before ignition? It goes off after I start the vehicle.
Yes, it normal. EPC light should go off once you start the car.
SDx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 21:43   #1873

I am in the market for Taigun 1.5 DSG Automatic and have got PO issued from leasing company and the issue is I have a fixed date before which car has to be registered to comply with leasing policy.

VW dealer initially agreed to deliver car within the expected time but now claiming that he cannot get the colour I asked for (Yellow) in time and asking if I can chose either white or grey but I don't like either of those colours.
SA is asking they have a Dec-2022 manufactured car and can offer good discounts upto 80k if I am ok with it but I am not sure if it is ok to buy 4-5 months old manufactured car and the only difference between Dec-2022 to latest model would be OBD 2.0 and I don't believe its a deal breaker though.

Any suggestions from experts in this forum whether buying a previous year car in current year is ok not considering resale value.
Old 29th May 2023, 22:45   #1874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradhya30 View Post
I am in the market for Taigun 1.5 DSG Automatic and have got PO issued from leasing company and the issue is I have a fixed date before which car has to be registered to comply with leasing policy.

VW dealer initially agreed to deliver car within the expected time but now claiming that he cannot get the colour I asked for (Yellow) in time and asking if I can chose either white or grey but I don't like either of those colours.
SA is asking they have a Dec-2022 manufactured car and can offer good discounts upto 80k if I am ok with it but I am not sure if it is ok to buy 4-5 months old manufactured car and the only difference between Dec-2022 to latest model would be OBD 2.0 and I don't believe its a deal breaker though.

Any suggestions from experts in this forum whether buying a previous year car in current year is ok not considering resale value.
I also had a choice to make between BS6-Phase1 and BS6-Phase2 - ended up going for the Phase2 given the support for E20 petrol which would be useful in the future. I was also advised along the same lines by other members in this forum. Also - the Phase2 Highline had additional features like auto headlamps & rain sensing wipers.

Try to check with other dealers in Bangalore. I had a pretty good experience with the Palace Cross. From what I have learnt, their dealership has a better inventory.
Old 30th May 2023, 12:09   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyothishrj View Post
In my Taigun Headlights mist occurs
In the morning it goes Is it normal?
Although the occurrence is common depending on where you live, this shouldn't be ignored. Take it to the dealer and get the headlamp seal checked, which is allowing the moisture inside. If they cannot fix it maybe they can replace the unit.
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed