Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2023, 08:30   #1921

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Decided to finally go with candy white. Delivery planned in a few days.
Old 16th July 2023, 20:08   #1922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishant.rana View Post
Decided to finally go with candy white. Delivery planned in a few days.
Congratulations, Nishant! Could you please provide the OTR (On-The-Road) quote from the dealer and also share the breakdown of the costs?
Old 17th July 2023, 16:40   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
You can use the ok button on the steering wheel to answer calls. I haven't figured out reject. Should be in the manual

Touch the lower fan button twice to switch the AC and Blower off
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
To reject call just press selection arrow and it will scroll down to reject and then click ok as usual.
I have tried both of these in my Virtus with AA connected but doesn't seem to work. Are these settings only for Bluetooth without Android Auto?

Last edited by Axe77 : 31st July 2023 at 18:11. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 17th July 2023, 16:52   #1924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotope729 View Post
I have tried both of these in my Virtus with AA connected but doesn't seem to work. Are these settings only for Bluetooth without Android Auto?
Works for me with Apple Carplay - both wired and wireless.

Last edited by Axe77 : 31st July 2023 at 18:11. Reason: Typos.
Old 17th July 2023, 17:54   #1925

Hi all,

Planning to add a dash cam to my taigun:

1. Any good suggestions? Currently zeroed at 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S
2. Does fitment of dash cam void the hood warranty or warranty in general by any chance?
Old 18th July 2023, 12:43   #1926

Spoke to the VW North Mumbai dealer and found that the new dongle by cerence doesnt have the feature to activate the wifi.

I miss two things in the car

wifi dongle
dedicated dashcam port which could have been done

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaslemuel View Post
Did anyone manage to enable this especially with the 22-23 models as My car has a dongle by CERENCE. Do correct me if i am wrong

Car details
Model- Taigun Topline 1.0 Manual
YR - 22
Old 18th July 2023, 23:22   #1927

Hey guys,

I am taking delivery of my first car - VW Taigun GT tomorrow (19/07) from Gurgaon. Will be doing PDI at showroom and then will ask them to do invoicing and insurance / RTO formalities.

Chose candy white color, I've had good experience so far. I hope nothing goes wrong tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed. Keeping it a surprise for family (mom / dad), will be taking them to take delivery later tomorrow.

Any tips/tricks will be appreciated, thanks again!

Last edited by Axe77 : 31st July 2023 at 17:56. Reason: Some typos / formatting edits.
Old 19th July 2023, 10:52   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedriver View Post

Any tips/tricks will be appreciated, thanks again!
Congratulations & wish you trouble free miles ahead.

During PDI decode the VIN to ensure you're not being sold old car , check the ODO reading during PDI and then during delivery the difference in ODO shouldn't be more than 50-75kms as the car would be going to RTO for registration

During PDI do check if all windows are rolling down apart from what is mentioned in the PDI checklist. During delivery insist the SA to walk you through all features so that you're well aware of the controls of the cockpit & headunit. Once you drive out of the showroom make sure you get the tank filled with XP95
Gotham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 11:38   #1929

Hi Team,

I am stuck in a weird place. Need to choose between these two and understand they are in totally different categories. I am trying to get something that my heart will be okay with and would be the best I can afford.

Up till now I have been driving around a Maruti Zen from 2000 with just 50k on the odo and had been happy with it. Now I am married and moved to a different city-state (Bengaluru). Zen is no longer an option. I have already pushed my budget to the max that I can afford.

My requirement:

Fun to drive
Decently Economical : 10+ avg in city (i.e no petrol XUV)
Reliability
safety
~10k km in a year 70% highway
Will keep it for as long as it works ( 10+ years)
Would be using 2wheeler or cabs for most of the city commute.

Taigun GT plus 1.5 DSG
Pro :
- drives like a VW
- 5 star safety
- got necessary basic features
- about the right size
- save about 6L
cons :
- its a VW, heard horror stories
- dont know reliability
- Only basic tech - No ADAS
- interior is nothing fancy
- FOMO for features after paying such a price

XUV 700
Pro :
- Ride comfort
- Decent drive quality
- luxury ( all the creature comfort)
- Reliable service n/w
- safety and ADAS
Cons :
- dont really require a diesel
- DEF issue with less running
- Govt's unpredictable on policies related to diesel
- Size dont really need such a big car

PS:
- I already have a booking for XUV 700 and might get delivery in a month or two.
- Not considering any other vehicle due to either safety or reliability concerns.
- Please let me know of the right thread if this is not the place for the question.

Last edited by Axe77 : 31st July 2023 at 18:08. Reason: Poorly typed post. Fixing typos, formatting etc.
Old 30th July 2023, 12:23   #1930

Hey guys,

This is my first post in the forum, having been a lurker for long.

Happy to share that I have booked the Taigun Highline MT in Carbon Steel Grey and have been promised delivery in 2 weeks. The on-road price I have got is 14.5L (Gurgaon) which includes the standard accessories kit and zero dep insurance.

Its a BS6 Stage 2 car and felt that I have got a pretty sweet deal. Please let me know if you feel likewise. Also feel free to share any advice or checklist that I need to be mindful (other than the PDI list that I am already aware of).

Thanks!
Old 30th July 2023, 20:50   #1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotope729 View Post
I havd tried both of these in my Virtus with AA connected but doesn't seem to work. Are these settings only for Bluetooth without Android Auto?

In my Taigun using the scroll buttons on right side of steering works for rejecting and silencing WhatsApp calls while using AA. I am unsure whether this work for normal phone calls, will check and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by automash View Post
Hi Team,

I a stuck in a weird place.

Taigun GT plus 1.5 DSG
- save about 6L

XUV 700

Hello fellow BHPian, I can closely relate with your dilemma.

After the painful decision to move on from the first love - a red 10 year old Polo TDI - I was keenly following these 2 cars for almost 2 years (yes even before Taigun was launched) and more so after Taigun got its GNCAP rating since only these two seemed to meet my criteria.

Eventually ditched both these options and took the plunge with a 1.0L Taigun Topline in Lava Blue color saving 8L+ on the XUV700 in Bengaluru.

It is early days - but with my low running, light foot with a baby on-board and the Bengaluru traffic - every time I drive across a 'one that could have been', I don't feel 'what if' but glad I saved the 8 big ones. I am yet to hit the hills which is where I fell in love with the Polo first. That remains the only 'what if' still on my mind.

All the best with your decision.

Last edited by Axe77 : 31st July 2023 at 17:59. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Fixing broken quote tag. Please use multi quote when needed. Thank you.
Autosaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 14:26   #1932

Managed to get a good discount on Taigun Topline AT 1.0 from the JP nagar dealer in BLR. Discounts to the tune of 75K. Loving the Lava blue color.

Last edited by Axe77 : 31st July 2023 at 17:59. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 31st July 2023, 18:16   #1933
BHPian

Had the opportunity to test drive the Taigun 1.5 DSG. The performance, build quality, NVH levels are absolutely phenomenal. Coming from a Honda Amaze AT (TC not CVT), the car felt like a major step up in every department. The only bothers I have are VW service and the reliability of the DSG unit.

Apart from this the car is an absolute delight to drive!
Old 31st July 2023, 18:48   #1934

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarit26 View Post
Managed to get a good discount on Taigun Topline AT 1.0 from the JP nagar dealer in BLR. Discounts to the tune of 75K. Loving the Lava blue color.
Awesome!! I am also targeting the same variant and gearbox.

Can you share the AC performance, anything to be worried ?
I have been in touch with Whitefield one but no offers. I will check with JP nagar branch as well.

Any tricks for getting the discount is also appreciated
Old 31st July 2023, 19:37   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadd7027 View Post

Can you share the AC performance, anything to be worried ?
I have been in touch with Whitefield one but no offers. I will check with JP nagar branch as well.

Any tricks for getting the discount is also appreciated
I have a DSG 1.5 +

AC is fine after the update. The thing with the ac really is it takes a little while to really cool. As in it kicks in high power only after a some time of the car being on. Maybe it’s some thingamagic that VW has done to not stress the engine at start. But other than that it’s fine and works well.

I just helped a friend get a 1.5 DSG plus in Chennai. We ended up getting 1.6 lakhs discount on a 2023 BS 6-2 vehicle. More than what I got when I bought my vehicle in December!

The trick is to play 2 dealers against each other and most importantly, to start the game around 20th of the month, and squeeze still last day of the month - promising full payment (with or without loan) when the dealers are hard pressed to meet targets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post

Apart from this the car is an absolute delight to drive!
It sure is. And all the DSG issues are far and few behind. Get a 7 year warranty and forget about it. I’ve ripped my DSG 1.5 over 18000 km since 27/Dec 2023 and it’s driving like brand new. I’ve shown it no mercy and driven it hard to put the moniker GT to test.

When I got my Amaze in 2013, it was delivered with a suspension fault which I realised after a week of getting delivery. Took Honda 2 months to sort out, cause it was a rare issue. It culminated in a complete chassis and suspension change. But I drove that car over 1 lakh kms after in 4 years and faced no further issue.

Sometimes we get bad apples, got to live with it. This is why I chose VW over Skoda - preferring to have VW backup over Skoda!

What ever DSG issues VW faced before - sure doesn’t seem endemic or common anymore now. It’s an old drum we ought to stop beating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by automash View Post
- I already have a booking for XUV 700 and might get delivery in a month or two.
If you compare, I think you ought to compare the 1.5 with the 700, and not the 1.0

I test drove the 700 and it was a no brainier for me - the Taigun 1.5 trumped the 700 by far.

I wanted a SUVish vehicle that was good to drive, that would corner well, with power on tap, handle well, and brake well. Basically a drivers car. I did not require a BIG car, though extra space was always welcome.

For my needs, the Taigun suited me far better. Much much better handling than the 700, more power on tap, much better driving dynamics, no body roll like the 700. One thing the 700 felt a little better with was in braking, with its rear discs.

So it’s basically what you are looking for when you compare!

Last edited by thirdmainroad : 31st July 2023 at 19:59.
thirdmainroad is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks