Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 16:04   #1891

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
Do you mind saying which BU Bhandari branch you visited? Pashan, Shivajinagar, and Wakad?

Between Pashan and Shivajinavar which branch has better service offerings?
Based on Google ratings, the Pashan branch is better but it has reviews included for the Triumph showroom as well.
I purchased my Taigun 1.5GT TSI from the Pashan Banch and the experience was excellent!
hemya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 17:47   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviKBobba View Post
If you file a police complaint, I am sure the restaurant owner would be forced to share the CCTV footage with the police.
We tried a lot and could not retrieve the footage.

1. I spoke to the owner of a FM radio company who knew the MD of the hotel, he told the FM person that the technical team is yet to retrieve the footage.

2. One of our family friends knew the owner of the hotel building and made him call the MD - he told him that the camera was not functional for quite some time and that it had not been repaired yet.

3. One of my wife’s uncles knew the MD through a friend of his - they had a conference call when he maintained that he doesn’t have the footage. The uncle even told we don’t need the footage and just the vehicle number was adequate, no luck though.

My father and my wife’s uncle told me not to go to the police since insurance didn’t need an FIR anyway and that I should forget about this and focus on work instead since obviously my patients are more important to me. I agreed with them and have come to drop the matter and make peace with the fact that all these people mentioned above know that the hotel is not providing the details for some reason.

Even I did not want the number for demanding compensation, I just wanted them to realise the mistake and apologise in view of social responsibility. What we don’t understand is how the hotel can be so partial to one guest and completely ditch the other - we used to go to the restaurants there at least once a month - it’s actually a nice place with good ambience and food. But now I can never go there after this bitterness.

I just want my car back soon. Still work has not started, hopefully the claim officer would have inspected the car today.

P.S.: I really didn’t think something like this would be my 100th post.

Last edited by Osteon206 : 19th June 2023 at 17:48. Reason: Added information
Osteon206 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 19:38   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteon206 View Post

My father and my wife’s uncle told me not to go to the police since insurance didn’t need an FIR anyway and that I should forget about this and focus on work instead since obviously my patients are more important to me. I agreed with them and have come to drop the matter and make peace with the fact that all these people mentioned above know that the hotel is not providing the details for some reason.
Maybe they are not trying to protect, it could be true that their cctv is broken. Have you tried to check other neighbourhood shops, apartments, traffic signals - maybe they have cctv and recorded the car details?

If those nexon people dined there, maybe the restaurant has a copy of the bill and mobile number?

If there was a toll plaza around, maybe they have records?

If you really want to get to the bottom of this, you will need to rush though, since these records might not be available for long.

If you really want to take them to task, you will probably have yo go the legal route. Even if you get the registration number, it will be hard to figure out their address. Also, confronting them alone, might not work.

One other option is to go to the Tata service center (assuming there is only one in the area) and put out some feelers, and offer a possible reward, for any tips when a banged up nexon (of said color) comes in. The nexon owner would have suffered damage too and will probably end up at the service center.

Last edited by Zippy_wheels : 19th June 2023 at 19:57. Reason: Added an afterthought
Zippy_wheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 21:45   #1894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don’t want to file the FIR, I just want to contact the owner of the vehicle from the point of view of social responsibility. They shouldn’t think that they can just get away with something like this.
Please file the FIR.

Those who are socially responsible would have waited or left a note. The ones who have hit you sound like a bunch of scumbags and will do it again if they think they can get away with it. It is unfortunate but some people's skulls are too thick and only a police case sends a real message. You seem like a very good person but in India, people will take advantage of this.

It may also be useful for you, your insurance claim and CCTV footage retrieval to have a clear police record of the incident.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 19th June 2023 at 21:46.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 00:30   #1895
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi
Repairs would go as follows:
New door (maybe the window mechanism), reuse of old interior trim. I had the same thing happen to my rear door. No point fretting over finding the owner of the car, what are you going to ask him to do? Pay for expenses that would be close to 25-40k, out of pocket?

Just make sure they look after the following things properly:
-sealing of interior door trim with plastic sheet and glue.
-panel gaps.
-effort required to close/open the door.
-they do the vinyl/black paint on the door B-pillar.

Above things were slightly messed up in my car after repair.

Also, there was only a chip in the wagon-R tail light which backed into my Duster’s rear door. So, there might or might not be proof of any damage on the other car.

In my 8 years of ownership, i have paid insurance premiums ranging from 22k to 50k but I am still ahead in terms of the total expenses claimed versus the cumulative premium paid.

Last edited by Tgo : 20th June 2023 at 00:32.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 10:04   #1896
BHPian

Thank you Zippy_Wheels, McLaren Rulez and Tgo for your inputs.

I understand the best way to nab them is the FIR, somehow now I can’t do it since it would be going against my family members’ decision. As for getting the contact through the bill, the MD point blank refused to go through the other cameras for the guest telling that since they don’t know which car it is, it’s impossible to tell which guest it may have been. All this somehow only points to them protecting the other guest - our guess is they are probably relatives or friends or children of friends. Anyway time to move on.

@Tgo, the service guys have confirmed that work will be exactly what you have mentioned. I’ll visit the service station later today and get an update.
Osteon206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 22:37   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Fast forward to today night - some irresponsible teenagers hit my car with their nexon as per eye witnesses and ran away. They have reversed their car across the stretch of the road and slammed into the driver’s door. The restaurant owner came down and promised to give me the CCTV footage as soon as possible. Attaching pictures of the car. I’m in a fix as to whether to claim insurance or not. Either way I’m determined to trace the owner of the car that caused the damage - highly irresponsible for having run away without even apologising.
I won't call this irresponsibility but a deliberate act of breaking the law. Such incidents tend to bestow a feeling that the drivers/revellers are above laws meant for ordinary mortals. I have seen enough of such cases where these youngsters brags of driving under alcohol/over-speeding to his friends (& sometimes family members) who keep cheering on.

In fact, I had a fall-out with an old friend few years back when his son jumped red lights with us sitting as passengers.

The traffic police needs to really shake up such errant drivers as a routine. I wrote several times to the Pune traffic police (2013-14) regarding young boys racing motorcycles dangerously in Wanowrie (Pune), but nothing ever happened. No wonder traffic accidents are a regular feature in our country.
nda992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 06:27   #1898
BHPian

Have finally decided to take the plunge and book the Taigun. My XUV500, W8, is around 38k in 7 years and it’s time to look for a replacement. Was very keen on driving the XUV700, but both me and my daughter somehow came back disappointed. Maybe it’s just because I am upgrading from 500, I did not feel any luxury in the AX7L model. The Sony speakers were not what I expected.

Same evening drove the Taigun 1.5 GT DSG and was blown away. It is miles ahead. In terms of power/weight ratio, the acceleration was phenomenal. XUV700 was immediately dropped. It seems like a step down from XUV but I also have a 2022 Polo Highline and even that music system sounds better than what XUV700 was offering.

To even get automatic climate control or cruise control, Mahindra is pushing customers to buy AX7 which is close to 25 lakhs. Just doesn’t justify the price.

Just confused with the colors, Lava Blue and black both look great. Will be booking the car in a day or two.

Last edited by ampere : 21st June 2023 at 10:17. Reason: corrected typos/ formatted for readability
Old 21st June 2023, 10:11   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post

Just confused with the colours, Lava Blue and black both look great. Will be booking the car in a day or two.
Just to add to your confusion, a MATTE BLACK is also available which looks the best on Taigun but yes maintenance will be high on this. Lava Blue looks classy too.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 10:28   #1900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post
Just confused with the colors, Lava Blue and black both look great. Will be booking the car in a day or two.
Buy these two colours or Matt black only if you are committed to maintaining the paint in great shape. Otherwise these will age in no time and look horrible. Stick to silver, grey or other lighter shades if washing and paint upkeep is going to be a problem. I would pick black or that anniversary blue(not lava blue) if I have to pick a dark shade.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 15:57   #1901
BHPian

I have booked Grand Vitara AT. But after that I had test drive of VW Taigun. After experiencing Taigun I felt like GV is seriously underpower. Even though I will be using my car in city conditions only, I feel engine is not worth spending 19 Lakh.

After enquiring various VW dealers, I found that Taigun is not available in our color of choice in Highline AT variant. But one of the dealer has a 2022 variant available with them & they are offering 1.3 Lakh discount. Manufacturing is July 2022. I am not sure if its a good discount for a year old car.

Can you please give me opinion on if its a correct discount & what should I check in the car before finalizing? I am really confused, I have never bought old stock before.
VaibhaoT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 20:27   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satvik4134 View Post
Hey there, I got my 1.0 highline serviced under the 1st year warranty. I had taken SVP package, so what they did was, change the oil filter, pollen filter, air filter, engine oil, lubricated and cleaned the hinges and other parts for free. They also cleaned the brakes but that was chargeable.
Here I find a difference, in the engine oil, they used Volkswagen Special G, SAE 5W 40. I tried searching on net, there is no mention of Volkswagen India recommending any specific engine oil for the new 1.0 TSI engines.

Can other members share their experiences
No no no! Sorry, I just saw your post. 5W40 is not for the current gen of TSI engines. The recommended oil grade is indicated under the hood. And the oil grade to be used for all 1.0 and 1.5 TSI engines is 0W20. Never give them any slack if they insist on using a different grade oil. Engine oil is perhaps the single most important consumable in a car. Next time be assertive about using only 0W20.
I would recommend you to monitor the engine oil temperature with great caution. 1) Is it too cold?
2) Is it too hot?
3) Does it take too long to warm up?
4) How is the cold start?
Because 5W40 is more viscous than 0W20. The ideal sweet spot for engine oil is between 90-100 degrees celsius. Again I'm not trying to scare you here but caution is recommended next time.
I have attached the image from my Virtus GT for your reference:
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_7462.jpeg
true_sedan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 10:54   #1903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
After enquiring various VW dealers, I found that Taigun is not available in our color of choice in Highline AT variant. But one of the dealer has a 2022 variant available with them & they are offering 1.3 Lakh discount. Manufacturing is July 2022. I am not sure if its a good discount for a year old car.
If I were in your place and spending somewhere around 20 lakhs - I'd not be too bothered by 1.3 Lakhs - to accept a 6+ month old car. I'll never be able to sleep in the coming nights, thinking "Why was that car not sold for so long?".

If you like the car more, discount and colour options should be secondary. You hardly see either of them - when enjoying a spirited drive around the corners.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 19:32   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
But one of the dealer has a 2022 variant available with them & they are offering 1.3 Lakh discount. Manufacturing is July 2022. I am not sure if its a good discount for a year old car.
Prefer taking recently manufactured car as it would BS VI Phase II compliant as well. Also the current versions of the VAG 2.0 products have most of the issues sorted out compared to the initial batches of 2022.
Old 22nd June 2023, 23:43   #1905
BHPian

Hi fellow BHPians,

I'm planning to get a Taigun Gt Plus; however, after going through some of the threads on teambhp, I saw that some users have reported the following issues with the car: Car fails to start, TPMS issue, AC hissing noise, driver side window behaves erratically. Have these issues been resolved or has any of you experienced it?

Also, should I go for the variant with ventilated seats or without it? I read somewhere about AC hissing sound with the ventilated seats model.
shilpa3326 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks