Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2023, 00:37   #1966
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Folks - I am considering buying VW Taigun GT Plus to replace my aging Polo GT TSI which has ~6 months before 7 yr warranty expires, have driven 93k so far and really enjoyed every bit of it. Couple of queries I had with regards to the GT Plus. I realise it comes with 205/55/17inch tyres and read somewhere that it's a low profile tyre and more prone to punctures. Is this the case and if it's recommended to upgrade what would be the ideal size to upgrade?
2nd question is has anyone who have recently taken delivery of latest BS6 II versions seen any improvements in mileage mainly in city bumper-bumper drives?

TIA.
Old 27th August 2023, 09:37   #1967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subrasri View Post
Is this the case and if it's recommended to upgrade what would be the ideal size to upgrade?
We had this discussion on tyre upgrades a while back. Please check page 114 (Volkswagen Taigun Review) of this same thread.

I haven't had any punctures (thankfully, touch wood!) in the 15K kms I have driven my Taigun and I have driven on some pretty bad roads. However, the low profile does show in the ride quality a bit.

As discussed in the other posts from January, 225/50/R17 is the best size to upgrade to. Incidentally, in February, I got a chance to see it on another Taigun on a road trip while coming back from Coimbatore, in a parking lot at an A2B outlet before Salem. It looked nice and not at all out of place. Of course, I would love to hear from people who have upgraded to that tyre size on their riding experience.

Quote:
2nd question is has anyone who have recently taken delivery of latest BS6 II versions seen any improvements in mileage mainly in city bumper-bumper drives?

TIA.
Check out another discussion (Volkswagen Taigun Review) from this thread. On an average, for the 4 cylinder DSG combo, I would expect to see mileage hovering around 11-13kmpl in city traffic. I rely only on actual tank full to tank full measurements, not MID. For my 1.0 AT, even though individual trips might show anywhere between 7 to 16kmpl, on an average I have seen only 8.5-10kmpl based on fuel refills. I do keep track of every refill and mileage on a different thread. Just posted the latest one here (VW Taigun 1.0L Topline AT | Ownership Review), in case you are curious.

Last edited by asmr : 27th August 2023 at 09:42.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 20:05   #1968

Well the EPC error hit me finally. Things were going great but one fine morning the EPC signal came on and while I drove the car to my clinic, I could feel that the car was holding back. I mean the peppiness was gone. I thought maybe it was a one-off instance since the EPC sign would go off and on at its own sweet wish. Now the place where I reside is in Asansol, West Bengal and the nearest workshop is a good 170km away in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. I called up the RSA, who were very prompt and arranged for a flatbed the very next morning at my request.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_1132.jpg

Now the car is in Jamshedpur and for three days they have been running the checks without any progress. Now the sad part of these service centres is they don't even bother to update you about the situation and the issue. Whether it's an issue with the fuel pump or the sensors, I am totally in the dark. It has already been four days and no word when I will get my car back.

My car was one of the first batches(manufactured in Dec 2021).

The software updates for AC and windows are already done in the last servicing. I just wonder if there is an issue with the fuel pumps of the initial batches why hasn't VW voluntarily recalled and changed? I mean people have to be stranded before you do something about it.

Really disappointed with VW and the service centres for their lackadaisical attitude.

Last edited by graaja : 27th August 2023 at 20:39. Reason: Spacing after punctuations, spacing between paragraphs, inserting picture
abiswas27 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 12:04   #1969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abiswas27 View Post

The software updates for AC and windows are already done in the last servicing. I just wonder if there is an issue with the fuel pumps of the initial batches why hasn't VW voluntarily recalled and changed? I mean people have to be stranded before you do something about it.
I think they have already made a voluntary recall. I had sent my car for brake noise issue & there was a recall campaign for fuel system delivery. My car is Sept 2021 manufactured.
Old 30th August 2023, 08:28   #1970

Quote:
Now the car is in Jamshedpur and for three days they have been running the checks without any progress.
I have booked Taigun Highline 1.0 AT, despite seeing all these reported issues in social media. Looking ahead I am thinking does it make sense to get one 2 scanner and try to learn diagnostics because it seems VAG Technology and Service Technician are working in different levels. Lot is being said about fuel pump issue, but honestly I think fuel pump is not related to these problems.

Keep us updated about the status of your car.
Old 30th August 2023, 08:42   #1971

Quote:
Well the EPC error hit me finally. Things were going great but one fine morning the EPC signal came on and while I drove the car to my clinic, I could feel that the car was holding back. I mean the peppiness was gone. I thought maybe it was a one-off instance since the EPC sign would go off and on at its own sweet wish. Now the place where I reside is in Asansol, West Bengal and the nearest workshop is a good 170km away in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. I called up the RSA, who were very prompt and arranged for a flatbed the very next morning at my request.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhswift13 View Post
I have booked Taigun Highline 1.0 AT, despite seeing all these reported issues in social media. Looking ahead I am thinking does it make sense to get one 2 scanner and try to learn diagnostics because it seems VAG Technology and Service Technician are working in different levels. A lot is being said about the fuel pump issue, but honestly, I think the fuel pump is not related to these problems.

Keep us updated about the status of your car.
Well, it has been seven days now, and no progress. Imperial Volkswagen, Jamshedpur has not been able to find the cause.

I had rung up yesterday and they said the fuel pump is not at fault. They have no clue as of now even after running the diagnostics. Really don't know when I will get my car back. Will keep all updated.

Last edited by graaja : 30th August 2023 at 09:12. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Quote only a small or relevant part of a post. Minor punctuation and grammar
abiswas27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 23:42   #1972
BHPian

Hi - Has anyone taken delivery of the latest lava blue GT+ DSG car? Wanted to check if the dashboard inserts is red or grey. I noticed in an online video the GT+ manual in lava blue has grey inserts in the dashboard while not able to find any video for DSG version online. I am looking to book GT+ DSG in lava blue colour but wondering how it would look with dashboard with red inserts?
Old 3rd September 2023, 01:37   #1973
BHPian

Quote:
Hi - Has anyone taken delivery of the latest lava blue GT+ DSG car? Wanted to check if the dashboard inserts is red or grey. I noticed in an online video the GT+ manual in lava blue has grey inserts in the dashboard while not able to find any video for DSG version online. I am looking to book GT+ DSG in lava blue colour but wondering how it would look with dashboard with red inserts?
Red interiors only come in red coloured cars. All other colours get grey interior panels.
vivekz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 06:35   #1974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekz View Post
Red interiors only come in red coloured cars. All other colours get grey interior panels.
Thanks Vivek, that's what I thought as well but my SA (VW Sundaram Chennai) was mentioning that the GT+ DSG Lava blue trim came in Red interior panel for some weird reason. He did acknowledge it was strange but mentioned it was the case. Hence I was clarifying with actual owners if that was indeed the case.
Old 3rd September 2023, 09:47   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vivek, that's what I thought as well but my SA (VW Sundaram Chennai) was mentioning that the GT+ DSG Lava blue trim came in Red interior panel for some weird reason. He did acknowledge it was strange but mentioned it was the case. Hence I was clarifying with actual owners if that was indeed the case.
I do not own Lava blue, I have the Rising blue one. I had seen Lava blue in showroom and it had grey interiors.

However I found a walkaround video for Lava blue GT+ DSG and it shows grey interiors.

Old 3rd September 2023, 13:00   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekz View Post
I do not own Lava blue, I have the Rising blue one. I had seen Lava blue in showroom and it had grey interiors.

However I found a walkaround video for Lava blue GT+ DSG and it shows grey interiors.

https://Youtu.be/qj1cuq1-wSI?si=ORI-_4iyRtGAvwvB
You are right, great thanks Vivek . I don't know why my SA was mentioning it'll have red interiors.

Sorry off topic, since you mentioned you have the rising blue one, can I check if you have installed the VW floor mats or any 3rd party one. I notice VW has few official mats in their accessories for Taigun (rubber, 3D, cloth etc), any of them recommended from that. In my previous cars, 5-6 years back I had installed the 3M noodle mats, wondering if I should go for the official VW ones or 3M or any other third party one.
Old 3rd September 2023, 17:05   #1977
BHPian

Quote:
I notice VW has few official mats in their accessories for Taigun (rubber, 3D, cloth etc), any of them recommended from that. In my previous cars, 5-6 years back I had installed the 3M noodle mats, wondering if I should go for the official VW ones or 3M or any other third party one.
I got the rubber mats as a part of accessories package along with rear sunblinds, cushions, boot net, waste bag, USB cable. The rubber mats are fine, I have no reason to complain. They have 3D effect, fit well and keep the grime contained, at the same time they are easy to clean and look good. You can check them out at the showroom. Only missing part is the coverage of rear tunnel, so if you carry 5 people regularly then that is something to think about.
vivekz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 22:43   #1978

Hello, I'm Krishna. I have 2015 Polo Gt. I've been meaning to get her de-chromed as well. Could you share where you got it done in Bangalore, please?
powerbeautysoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 06:19   #1979

Hi Dev
Good morning, I have booked my Taigun and expecting delivery in a week. So would like to check with you on two things. I am not able to leave a private message so I am replying here.

Could you please detail me on how the chrome work is painted in black? As I also want to do the same for my new Taigun, I am yet to take the delivery but want to check and be prepared :-).

Your model has sunroof, please guide me on maintaining and keeping it clean always. Many thanks for your post.

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th September 2023 at 06:37. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
Old 7th September 2023, 18:57   #1980
BHPian

Quote:
can I check if you have installed the VW floor mats or any 3rd party one.
When I got my Taigun last year, I opted to get the VW branded mat- not sure if its the 3D or 7D one. They matched the quote from a 3rd party one. This does cover the rear tunnel as well. It's holding up well as of today.
drive.helios is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks