Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2023, 01:12   #2041
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Need advice from all the knowledgeable folks here. I have bought a Taigun 1.5 GT+ MT (saying bought, because the purchase has been invoiced). Car hasn't been delivered yet. The delivery will happen over the next few days, as the registration process is underway.

While making the downpayment we were given a proforma invoice, mentioning the details of the breakup of the price and discounts they are offering. Sharing a screenshot below.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-smartselect_20231117_004323_whatsapp.jpg

Today the sales advisor shared the final invoice copy and the discount amount is different along with the ex-showroom price of the car.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-smartselect_20231117_004349_whatsapp.jpg

When I asked about the difference in the discount amount, the sales advisor said that after applying GST the discount has been offered.

Does GST apply on discounts?? A little skeptical here, but I might be completely wrong. The sales advisor has been helpful but I want to be sure that I'm not being taken for a ride.

Besides, let me know if I got a good deal anyway for the Taigun GT. On road came to around 22,38,000INR in Bangalore. It's with the electric seats and added subwoofer. Super excited for the delivery

Last edited by meples : 17th November 2023 at 01:14.
meples is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 18:46   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldcamper View Post
Sadly, no, I’ve cancelled the booking. Was thinking over tenure and car lease EMIs, I have to take minimum 4 year lease, which I’m not ready for as it increases the Total cost of ownership.

Waiting for a bump to take a decision.

Also, started exploring other vehicles in 5-12L, didn’t like anything, altroz ticked some but in an unsure state. That also is a comment on my life.
Oh, sad to know.

Anyway, let us know, if you ever restart your car journey again

Cheers.
Old 17th November 2023, 18:51   #2043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meples View Post
Does GST apply on discounts?? A little skeptical here, but I might be completely wrong. The sales advisor has been helpful but I want to be sure that I'm not being taken for a ride.
Just another way of looking at things? Has the on road price of the car acceptable to you? Did you negotiate on the On-Road price with the dealer or the discount amount only?

If the On-Road price is as negotiated, then it shouldn't make a difference to you, under which head the discounts are parked under. Dealers have multiple levels of negotiations with their partners (Manufacturer, Accessories, Service Center, Insurance etc). So they may need to distribute the discount amount under varying heads.

I am a lay person with respect to GST, so cant comment on that.

Cheers.
Old 20th November 2023, 16:34   #2044
BHPian

We took delivery of our GT Plus last Thursday. Delivery was smooth and uneventful. Immediately filled her to the brim with premium petrol.
Yesterday, with ODO @ 200 odd kms the Emission control fault lamp lit up. Went to the dealership today. They claim that the issue is with the pressure sensor for exhaust.They are asking us to keeping the car with them. We had a long drive scheduled for tomorrow. Initially they asked us to do the trip and see. But we asked them to give the same in writing which they refused. Now after so much of arguments they have agreed to give us a demo car. Really depressed with this ordeal that too in the first week of ownership.
Any one else had this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20231120_161218.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20231120wa0007.jpg  

Last edited by josetom89 : 20th November 2023 at 16:45.
Old 20th November 2023, 19:30   #2045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josetom89 View Post
We took delivery of our GT Plus last Thursday. Delivery was smooth and uneventful. Immediately filled her to the brim with premium petrol.

Any one else had this issue?
Congrats on the buy. Which premium petrol did you use if I may ask? And the image shows check engine light against the emission control fault you mentioned. Or was it the error message which lit up in their system when they scanned? Do you have a copy of the codes generated? It could well be fuel issue itself.
Xaos636 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 19:37   #2046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Congrats on the buy. Which premium petrol did you use if I may ask? And the image shows check engine light against the emission control fault you mentioned. Or was it the error message which lit up in their system when they scanned? Do you have a copy of the codes generated? It could well be fuel issue itself.
Thank you
Filled from a Nayara Petrol right next to VW.
VW mentioned the error as emission control fault upon scanning. Don't have the exact error codes with me. They deleted the error first and did a trial run but the same popped again.
I was doubtful about Nayara Petrol being 95 RON, but VW guys said otherwise. Even the coupon for the complimentary 10 litre petrol was for this particular pump. They claim to fill the same petrol in all the Test drive vehicles.

Last edited by josetom89 : 20th November 2023 at 19:38. Reason: Spelling
Old 20th November 2023, 19:41   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josetom89 View Post
Thank you
Filled from a Nayara Petrol right next to VW.
VW mentioned the error as emission control fault upon scanning. Don't have the exact error codes with me. They deleted the error first and did a trial run but the same popped again.
I was doubtful about Nayara Petrol being 95 RON, but VW guys said otherwise. Even the coupon for the complimentary 10 litre petrol was for this particular pump. They claim to fill the same petrol in all the Test drive vehicles.
This could be an O2 sensor error I think. I would recommend Indian oil XP95 and HP's Power 95 as they are the only RON95 rated fuel available now. I am sure the VW test drive vehicles wouldn't be filling premium fuel from there, so hopefully its just a fuel issue and be back on road soon.
Xaos636 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:10   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
How to use Jio Dongle in Taigun Car

I don’t know how many have been using Jio dongle found in Taigun Car for Wi-Fi connectivity.
However, for the uninitiated, the following are the steps to be followed to activate the same.

1. Install JioMotive app from Play Store or App Store

2. Use the same mobile number that was used for My Volkswagen Connect app to activate this app too. If you are not using My Volkswagen Connect app, then use the mobile number that was given to the dealer at the time of car registration. Once the JioMotive app is activated, the initial screen is displayed as shown below.
Attachment 2266308

3. Select your name & vehicle number displayed at the top as indicated by the arrow above in point#2

Attachment 2266306

4. In the screen shown in point#3 above, select “Manage” under Wi-Fi settings
Attachment 2266307

5. Under “Manage Device”, switch on Wi-Fi. SSID and Password details can be found on the screen. Use this credential for connecting car Wi-Fi.
6. No need to use the mobile hotspot to download apps or to listen to Gaana.
I tried this multiple times and couldn't succeed with old jiomotive app. Now ,they have changed the app name to "jio things":, which has both smart tags and jio motive combined inside.
In that app also, registration is not working.

BTW, they did an update to "My Volkswagen" app too. Now, I am not able to locate last 18 month trip data.Earlier it used to work.

It seems, all upgrades/updates to apps are actually introducing more bugs , than reducing bugs or fix issues.

Last edited by mykal shoemaker : 22nd November 2023 at 11:13.
mykal shoemaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 11:23   #2049
BHPian

I took my Taigun for its 1st year service this weekend.

While the service experience itself left a lot to be desired (would rather not get into it right now), I have a query: The amount mentioned on the initial service cost estimate given to me was Rs 30k. My car has the 4 year SVP so I did not have to pay anything, but that amount of 30k still threw me off.
Also, after the service, I was not given a copy of the invoice. The reason given to me was that invoices for cars with SVP are internalized and no copies are given to the customers.

Is this true?
Old 26th November 2023, 14:02   #2050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post

While the service experience itself left a lot to be desired (would rather not get into it right now), I have a query: The amount mentioned on the initial service cost estimate given to me was Rs 30k. My car has the 4 year SVP so I did not have to pay anything, but that amount of 30k still threw me off.
Also, after the service, I was not given a copy of the invoice. The reason given to me was that invoices for cars with SVP are internalized and no copies are given to the customers.

Is this true?
30k for first service Do they gold plate the car?
It should be regular oil / filter change and may be wheel balancing/alignment (it is customer discretion anyway). All these should be about 4-5k or 7-8k if synthetic oil is used. Not able to understand what would add up to 30k!

Quick check on VW website shows first service cost of about 5k. Attaching the screenshot. So definitely the service center was bluffing to make customer feel good about SVP.

I don't own a VW so can't comment on the invoice question but I have always received itemized receipt for the cars I have owned so this shouldn't be any different.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot_20231126_141205_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 26th November 2023 at 14:14.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 15:00   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Quick check on VW website shows first service cost of about 5k.
Yes, I knew that. But the estimate showed about 29k odd worth of parts and 1 k for labour. There was no breakup of the same.

Quote:
So definitely the service center was bluffing to make customer feel good about SVP.
Is this the level they are dropping to now?

Quote:
I have always received itemized receipt for the cars I have owned so this shouldn't be any different.
Not the case here
TheGearBox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 15:07   #2052
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Is this true?
Not VW Taigun but Skoda kushaq as I too have the 4 year SVP and I was given proper itemized invoice but nothing to pay. I believe the service was costing around 4K as shown in the invoice which is in line with 16K paid for SVP during car purchase.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 11:39   #2053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I knew that. But the estimate showed about 29k odd worth of parts and 1 k for labour. There was no breakup of the same.
Certainly misleading and unethical practice by the dealer. You should raise it with higher up or VW customer care. At least they should give you itemized receipt for the service.

I'm just wondering, if by any chance they have added insurance renewal amount in the estimate ? VW site says (don't remember exactly where I read it) that there is some discount offered during yearly renewals when customer opts for maintenance package.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th November 2023 at 11:41.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 12:08   #2054
BHPian

Quote:

Is this true?
That is absolutely NOT TRUE. The invoice will mention charged at ZERO because of the SVP. Also look up the VW Service Calculator on their website. The cost for a 1 years or 15,000 km service is 4517 + Tax ~ Rs 5400.

There is certainly some tomfoolery going on here.

Editing as I saw your second post - Did they replace the wheel hub? If they did, the part is ridiculously expensive. Also make sure they put the right part on. The hubs for the Polo, Vento have the same fit, but the specifications are completely different. Match the part number written on the bill to the part number on the box. This happened with me and hence alerting you as well.

The correct wheel hub part number is 2Q0501611B. That is what should be seen on the invoice and costs about 11.5K a piece. Ensure they do not put part number 6RF501611A. This is for the Polo, Vento, Fabia, Rapid

Last edited by Newtown : 28th November 2023 at 12:15.
Newtown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 17:08   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
Certainly misleading and unethical practice by the dealer. You should raise it with higher up or VW customer care. At least they should give you itemized receipt for the service.
I have written a mail to the service center asking for an itemized copy of the invoice and I've marked VW Customer care too. Anyone else I should mark in my communications?

Quote:
I'm just wondering, if by any chance they have added insurance renewal amount in the estimate ?
I have renewed my insurance but not through the dealer as they had given me an inflated quote and a ridiculous explanation for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
That is absolutely NOT TRUE. The invoice will mention charged at ZERO because of the SVP.

Did they replace the wheel hub?
No, they did not replace the wheel hub. Its not covered under the SVP anyway. If you're referring to a solution for the squeaking noise from the brakes (which I am getting since the car turned one month old), they could not be less bothered about it. They have termed the issue as "normal" and have stated that "there is no solution for it."

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks