Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2023, 16:46   #1846
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarprabhatn View Post
1. Anyone faced issues with DQ200 gearbox ?
2. How's AC performance esp. with 1.5 TSI engine? I do long travels to coastal areas frequently where temperature hits 38 degrees and relative humidity is 80 (compared to Bangalore's 65). So it's hot and sticky - a little less harsh than Chennai's climate.
3. Does anyone miss 360 degree camera or front parking sensor - a feature which is found in most of the cars in the segment? Did anyone consider fixing third party accessory for this ?
1. No issues for the 10k KMs driven, gear shifts are fast as well as smooth.
2. I keep temp set between 18-22 instead of Auto AC, never experienced any issues with AC cooling.
3. I don't miss 360 degree camera, car is easy to manoeuvre. Incase you want to add, VW are selling it as an accessory for 32k-34k (I came to know recently when we were shopping for Taigun for a friend in Pune).
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 21:46   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
3. I don't miss 360 degree camera, car is easy to manoeuvre. Incase you want to add, VW are selling it as an accessory for 32k-34k (I came to know recently when we were shopping for Taigun for a friend in Pune).
Wow. This is surprising. Can this be bought as an official accessory from VW itself? This accessory includes 360 deg camera and front sensors ?

Also, are there any long term impacts on the engine on using regular petrol (91RON) other than recommended XP95 ?

Last edited by kumarprabhatn : 6th May 2023 at 21:50.
Old 7th May 2023, 10:18   #1848

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
This could be a dealer level third party accessory. Wish VW offered genuine OEM accessories.
Petronius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 12:14   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
Wow. This is surprising. Can this be bought as an official accessory from VW itself? This accessory includes 360 deg camera and front sensors ?

Also, are there any long term impacts on the engine on using regular petrol (91RON) other than recommended XP95 ?
With respect to usage of premium fuel, what is known today is slight increase in mileage and engine is much smoother. Have been owning for close to 15 months and done around 18k kms with 80% on premium fuel.
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 13:02   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Can this be bought as an official accessory from VW itself?

Not an official VW accessory but a dealer level fitment.

If you are getting the GT then would recommend to stick to XP95-performance is smooth and in long run the engine will be in better state.
Old 11th May 2023, 07:14   #1851

Hi All
Considering VW Taigun as I wanted to replace my 2019 Creta SX AT diesel. Had a Vento TSI before Creta - while Creta is a good reliable no nonsense car - I have always missed and longed for the simplicity and driving fun of VW cars over the last 4 years. So considering Taigun, Creta upgrade (again?!) and Safari. But I think the rest are to justify my decision to already go with Taigun.

Need help with 4 nagging questions before I jump onto 1.5 GT+ DSG
1. How bad is this AC problem? So bad to reconsider the decision?
2. Are the cabins creaks and squeaks that are reported, embarrassingly audible?
3. Is the rear seat space practically unusable for a 3rd adult? We took a test drive but didn’t drive long enough and we were too busy appreciating the drive, so.
4. I loved the DSG on my vento for more than 3 years. Didn’t have any issue. So is reliability issue real?
5. Did any of you or your family regret the Taigun 1.5 and thought you should have upgraded or bought something else?

Please help with your views. Thanks!
Old 11th May 2023, 11:46   #1852
BHPian

I will try to clear your doubts having owned vw cars since the last 5+ years. I have a Taigun GT+ from the initial batches and close to reaching second paid service.

Need help with 4 nagging questions before I jump onto 1.5 GT+ DSG
1. How bad is this AC problem? So bad to reconsider the decision? Not really, you need to keep AC at 21 or 22 in order to cool the cabin. Not a major issue.
2. Are the cabins creaks and squeaks that are reported, embarrassingly audible? This has been resolved to a great extent by using the invisible tape.
3. Is the rear seat space practically unusable for a 3rd adult? We took a test drive but didn’t drive long enough and we were too busy appreciating the drive, so. Rear seat ( 2 Adults and 1 Kid). Space is generous and you will appreciate coming from a vento.
4. I loved the DSG on my vento for more than 3 years. Didn’t have any issue. So is reliability issue real? Reliability you are covered for 7 years by taking warranty. So worry about it less.
5. Did any of you or your family regret the Taigun 1.5 and thought you should have upgraded or bought something else? Nope no regrets, did TD of all SUVs in this segment but when it comes to drive and gearbox combination nothing comes close.

I do not think you will regret the decision of picking up a Taigun 1.5 GT+, it will always keep your heart happy.
TJ02 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 14:58   #1853
BHPian

I own cars that have both engines, 1.0 (Virtus) and 1.5 (Taigun) and these are my views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspmitra View Post
1. How bad is this AC problem? So bad to reconsider the decision?
The 1.5 never had any issue. The 1.0 there was a software update that has made this a non-issue.

Quote:
2. Are the cabins creaks and squeaks that are reported, embarrassingly audible?
In 10K on the Taigun, one little creak that is audible only to me. Somehow no one else can hear it. Not at issue at all.

Quote:
3. Is the rear seat space practically unusable for a 3rd adult? We took a test drive but didn’t drive long enough and we were too busy appreciating the drive, so.
Short answer - NO. 3 healthy adults and this will be difficult. One petite adult and 2 healthy adults and it works fine.

Quote:
4. I loved the DSG on my vento for more than 3 years. Didn’t have any issue. So is reliability issue real?
This is my 3rd DSG car from VW.

Quote:
5. Did any of you or your family regret the Taigun 1.5 and thought you should have upgraded or bought something else?
I like its simplicity, size in and out of traffic, its driving dynamics. It does not have creature comforts like the Creta and Seltos but that is not something on my list. I would be happy if VW sold a Tiguan like they do in many other countries - No power seats, no 360-degree cameras, etc. For those driving for years these become a non-issue.

Hope that helps you in your decision.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 11th May 2023 at 16:22. Reason: Text formatting
Newtown is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 02:37   #1854

Hi all
Got Taigun 1L MT Topline last week. Driver side window issue is persisting though I have not been to the service center yet. And yes, AC does feel underpowered to me. Ventilated seats also seem useless.
Otherwise drive and comfort are excellent.
I am thinking whether this was a right decision! Had a Ecosport diesel , driven 3Lac kms without any issues at all. Hope this one proves it worth.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-20230512_144640.jpg  

ECOVW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 19:10   #1855

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOVW View Post
Hi all
Got Taigun 1L MT Topline last week. Driver side window issue is persisting though I have not been to the service center yet. And yes, AC does feel underpowered to me. Ventilated seats also seem useless.
Otherwise drive and comfort are excellent.
I am thinking whether this was a right decision! Had a Ecosport diesel , driven 3Lac kms without any issues at all. Hope this one proves it worth.
I will be going to service center for AC and driver window fix/update on Tuesday. Any other suggestions from seniors regarding any other pending fixes for the car. FYI it's a December 22 make and got a decent bargain.
Thanks in advance
Old 16th May 2023, 13:41   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Hello guys, I have run into P0106 error on my Taigun 1.5 Manual (Run 9k kms). An engine check warning is shown on dash. Error description on VW connect app reads “Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometer Pressure Circuit Range/ Performance Problem”. Anyone has any prior experience with this error and any possible solution? SVC is little far from my place and hence I will only be able to take my car there in a day or two. Is that alrite? Any help is appreciated.
Any updates on this issue? Even I got this when I scanned with VCDS. But it did not light the check engine light for me.
Old 16th May 2023, 17:57   #1857

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Any updates on this issue? Even I got this when I scanned with VCDS. But it did not light the check engine light for me.
The SVC folks said the error was due to mist accumulation in the air filter area. I had recently washed the car in a local car wash garage. It could have been due to that. I still find it a bizarre reason. The error hasn’t resurfaced (atleast in the cluster) after that so I left it at that.
Petronius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 14:38   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
The SVC folks said the error was due to mist accumulation in the air filter area. I had recently washed the car in a local car wash garage. It could have been due to that. I still find it a bizarre reason. The error hasn’t resurfaced (atleast in the cluster) after that so I left it at that.
The overzealous carwash seemingly went to town with the pressure hose inside the bonnet which they are NOT supposed to. This is a perfectly acceptable reason. The MAP sensor could have been sending incorrect air fuel mixture readings as a result of the mist in in the air filter.

Please do not have water sprayed into the bonnet ever. If what you are aiming to do is make it look clean, blow compressed air thoroughly inside. Then use a pressure spray bottle with car shampoo or some all-purpose cleaner and wipe it down with a microfiber cloth.

Last edited by Newtown : 17th May 2023 at 14:41.
Newtown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 01:37   #1859

First service done today. Driver window solved. Replaced horn and got ceramic coating done.

Couple of questions:
1. Do we need underbody protection like 3M offers or it's included with ceramic?
2. What this "Air Care " sign stands for on AC console? Does it have a car air purifier?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th May 2023 at 04:56. Reason: Grammar.
Old 19th May 2023, 07:04   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOVW View Post
First service done today. Driver window solved. Replaced horn and got ceramic coating done.

Couple of questions:
1. Do we need underbody protection like 3M offers or it's included with ceramic?
2. What this "Air Care " sign stands for on AC console? Does it have a car air purifier?
Volkswagen has already coated the underbody with thick rubber like paint, if you get the chance to see the underbody you'll see. So need to spend extra for underbody protection. Moreover I don't ceramic coating doesn't underbody coating, until and unless it was included in the package.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks