Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2023, 16:04   #2536
Senior - BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Got front windscreen film from Solar Shield two weeks back in my Baleno. Film is almost transparent and absolutely not visible from outside. But the benefit is huge. Did Mumbai - Goa - Mumbai trip last week and could notice the difference in cooling pre and post installation of the film. Peak afternoon temperature would be around 35 degrees in Goa, but with front film and factory tinted window glasses, i was very comfortable with air con temp set at 25 degrees.

Product Details.
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-2.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 16:24   #2537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I dont think Harrier's windshield is factory tinted, atleast that's what the TASS had said when I had enquired with them during the last service.
As mentioned, you don't have to ask, you can see it. But it may be subtle, and difficult to notice.

In London, I ordered a replacement glass for a Golf. When asked, I said, untinted. When the guys arrived, they said green tinted. Told me a lot of people make the same mistake and they always bring both.

The previous owner of my Polo had never noticed that the glass is tinted. We were chatting, while waiting for my independent garage to inspect his (shortly to be mine ) car. The driver's window was half open. I pointed out the difference in the white wall through, and not through, the glass.

When you know, it's obvious. When you don't: it may not be. But we can always do our own check with a white paper or handy wall.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 21:17   #2538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Got front windscreen film from Solar Shield two weeks back in my Baleno. Film is almost transparent and absolutely not visible from outside. But the benefit is huge. Did Mumbai - Goa - Mumbai trip last week and could notice the difference in cooling pre and post installation of the film. Peak afternoon temperature would be around 35 degrees in Goa, but with front film and factory tinted window glasses, i was very comfortable with air con temp set at 25 degrees.

Product Details.
What was the price for sunfilm and where did you get it installed?
Old 8th May 2023, 21:44   #2539
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys who are looking to get Garware: Pls ask for Supreme series. It's the newer one than the Iceshield we have got all these years.

Note: I do not have the specs.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 11:48   #2540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
What was the price for sunfilm and where did you get it installed?

6500/- Rhyme & Rhythm - Colaba
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 16:31   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys who are looking to get Garware: Pls ask for Supreme series. It's the newer one than the Iceshield we have got all these years.

Note: I do not have the specs.
Thanks Condor for recommending Shreyas! I got this newer films on my Taigun just last week. The application was done at my door step. These films come with 70% VLT and 99% UV rejection. Came at a cost of nearly one third of what 3M Sarjapur road and HSR Layout were quoting.

There are a few marks in the front windshield, the gentleman that Shreyas is, has agreed to get it replaced. Will be doing it next week.

Must also mention how cordial Amar was - I exhausted my daily transfer limits on PhonePe and I didn't make payment for a day. I kept both these folks informed and paid the next day.

I have not driven out the car out a lot except for one early morning airport pickup and drop back. Will wait to drive it out a full day before commenting the effectiveness.

A friend was planning to get the icesheild film applied from another detailer around Sarjapur road and have asked him to talk to Shreyas as well!
drive.helios is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 07:03   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
Came at a cost of nearly one third of what 3M Sarjapur road and HSR Layout were quoting.
Hi, can you tell me how much it costs for the supreme series?
Old 12th May 2023, 12:41   #2543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
Hi, can you tell me how much it costs for the supreme series?
Responded over private message.
Old 15th May 2023, 14:45   #2544
BHPian

Quote:
Responded over private message.
Hi, Please help me with price of the same too. Planning to get Icecool this weekend and I feel this thread just got me in time. Thanks in advance
Old 15th May 2023, 19:51   #2545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham322000 View Post
Hi, Please help me with price of the same too. Planning to get Icecool this weekend and I feel this thread just got me in time. Thanks in advance
Please DM me and I'll respond with the contact number
Old 15th May 2023, 21:08   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
Please DM me and I'll respond with the contact number
There's no harm in posting it here vs a PM that helps one person only.

Why deprive everyone of a good installer.
revvharder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 21:23   #2547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
There's no harm in posting it here vs a PM that helps one person only.

Why deprive everyone of a good installer.
How I wish it's that simple. Keeping his privacy in mind and why would I leaves someone's PII out in a public forum?
drive.helios is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 22:11   #2548
BHPian

Quote:
How I wish it's that simple. Keeping his privacy in mind and why would I leaves someone's PII out in a public forum?
He is doing a business right? Or is it just a hobby.

Plus there are several forum readers who are not members who might want to avail his services, anyway to each his own.
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 22:27   #2549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
He is doing a business right? Or is it just a hobby.

Plus there are several forum readers who are not members who might want to avail his services, anyway to each his own.
What I have is the personal number - which again I asked out here in this forum privately. I'd rather be safe about someone else's PII than be sorry.
Old 19th May 2023, 08:27   #2550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Condor for recommending Shreyas! I got this newer films on my Taigun just last week. The application was done at my door step. These films come with 70% VLT and 99% UV rejection. Came at a cost of nearly one third of what 3M Sarjapur road and HSR Layout were quoting.

Great to have the community that we have! I was on the fence for 3-4 months now, somehow couldn’t get the time to install sunfilms on my 8 month only Jeep Compass. I have always had 3MCR70 on my front windshield and RE70 on the other windows on all my earlier cars until now. However, most 3M outlets do not have RE70 anymore and installing 3M CR70 on all glasses just seemed too expensive.

Thanks to the recommendations from fellow bhpian members drive.Helios ( who i think got the recommendation from Condor ), I reached out to Shreyas and he got his folks to install the Garware SHR series ( Supreme) at my office parking. They just needed a plug point connection for using the dryer, so it was a hassle free process. Installation was professional, Shreyas was in touch throughout, would highly recommend his team for anyone in Bangalore. This whole process was such a welcome change from what I have been seeing with 3M outlets ( who now have this take it or leave it attitude)

Initial feedback, the sunfilms look a tad greyish / dark when compared to CR70, also could be because i have not driven it in daylight as yet. Not sure if this Garware supreme series is as effective as 3M CR70, but my usage is fairly simple, I have covered parking at home and at office, and the main purpose was to reduce the heat that seems to directly hit the Head Unit in the Compass during the 8am office commutes.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks