Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2023, 14:33   #1831
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
Do have any info on when this update was released? I think I need to get it done as well.
The message from CP-VWSERV was received on Mar 14th and went to ASC shortly after that.

Interestingly, I had another message come in today stating they have an update for the driver side window motor. But mine is functioning just fine after the last update and so I am not planning to visit the ASC anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
I've been hit with a few person issues I couldn't yet get the windshields or infact all six windows tinted. I had read someone mention in some post and I concur, would pay the fine to break this outrageous law if it means I can drive in comfort.
If they put the fine and let us go, yes. What they do many times is they pull the tint films off then and there, leaving a horrid mess on the glasses. That is something many will risk, in addition to knowingly do something against the law. Better to lobby against it correctly, if one has the means and connections.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 15:46   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved View Post
DQ200 DSG Gearbox is still a major problem in India ? I am am very keen on 2023 Taigun but would be worried if this is still a major consideration
Well at the launch of KUSHAQ, the first vehicle with DQ200 gearbox in the India 2.0 lineup it was announced that the gearbox has been improved a lot now, many changes and improvements have been made. And there has been no issued reported here on Tbhp regarding DQ200 gearbox failure for a lot of time. So don't worry about it anymore.

You have 4 years of standard warranty, 2 years of extended warranty, and now ŠKODA has announced warranty for 7th and 8th year as well, so Volkswagen would be announcing that too I suppose as both the brands follow similar strategies.
yesyeswe is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 19:23   #1833

My Slavia 1.0 MT has received the AC software update and has fared well. I got the opportunity to test it extensively in the sweltering heat of Nagpur during a recent drive via the Samruddhi expressway. It performed superbly without allowing me to break into a sweat in the scorching 42+ temp! The trick (which may not be new, but still works) is to set the AC on Auto mode with recirculation ON and the temp between 20-22 degrees. The rear passengers have complained of a deficient blower speed from day 1 though.

The driver-side power window glitch is something I've become used to. It's as if the feature is not available to me now. Let's see if the software update will fix it.

The Samruddhi Mahamarg is akin to a runway and eerily straight as if someone has marked it with a ruler and pencil! You must take the 1.5 Taigun for a spin on the tarmac soon! All the best, and drive safe!

P.S: Sorry for being a bit off-topic here, but couldn't resist sharing the pic of the Mahamarg, though its correct place is in my travelogue (Pune-Nagpur-Tadoba-Pune) sojourn.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20230417wa0045.jpg  

rhdongre is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 13:09   #1834

I am contemplating getting a pre-owned Taigun Topline AT for around 17L. This is a 2021 model with 17K on odo. I had started my car shopping by booking the Fronx Alpha AT but the pricing turned out to be more than I expected. So looking at the possibility of getting the next segment car with established safety credentials. Any thoughts?
Old 28th April 2023, 14:34   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathrk View Post
I am contemplating getting a pre-owned Taigun Topline AT for around 17L. This is a 2021 model with 17K on odo. I had started my car shopping by booking the Fronx Alpha AT but the pricing turned out to be more than I expected. So looking at the possibility of getting the next segment car with established safety credentials. Any thoughts?
I'd go for the Taigun any day of the week.
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 14:48   #1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
I'd go for the Taigun any day of the week.
Thanks. Assuming it is a well maintained car, I was wondering if 17L is a good deal given it is >1.5yrs old and 17K on odo. This is my first foray into used car market. Hence the apprehension.
Old 29th April 2023, 16:59   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Assuming it is a well maintained car, I was wondering if 17L is a good deal given it is >1.5yrs old and 17K on odo. This is my first foray into used car market. Hence the apprehension.
By Delhi standards it is expensive. I would be able to get the same for 14.5-15 in Delhi.
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 22:38   #1838
BHPian

Taigun AC performance

The AC of Tagiun has been discussed here for is poor performance.

I had a chance to travel in the Taigun 1.0 Topline AT, and here is what I could observe from the 4 hour drive during a hot summer day, with temperatures touching 40 C.
  • AC cools properly without issues in stop go traffic in manual mode, Temperature set to 20C, fan on level 4
  • When in auto mode, re-circulation ON, 22.5C set temperature (setting used for entire trip, except for first 10 minutes), cooling was good and temperature stabilized in cabin within 3-5 minutes, while traveling inside moderate traffic. Auto start/stop of engine was enabled and engine would cut out on stoppages after cabin had cooled down.
  • When temperature was set to 23.5C, cabin got warm, and hence it seems like 22.5C is the maximum temperature setting after which hot air gets mixed from heater core.
  • We covered ~120Kms round trip in 4 hours, average speed was 35kmph, the 70% of the distance was hilly areas with lots of climbs and downhill roads. Max speed attained was ~60kph and car shifted only till 5th gear and was mostly shifting between gears 2-4.
  • MID indicated 12kmpl fuel economy, there were 3 adults and 2 kids and zero luggage for the entire journey.
  • The car also had gotten the AC update recently from VW. Not sure if this made any difference to AC cooling performance, as there were no complaints earlier also.
One weird observation was that the Infotainment system allowed pairing of phone with Wireless Android auto even when the car was in motion. Is this standard behavior? Most vehicles wont allow to pair your phone until car is in P mode or handbrake pulled.
TT-S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 18:36   #1839

in my opinion, it is better to keep it off. Referring to the idling rule for turbo engines. I haven't really found it useful at all unless you are some 8-10 cars behind on a signal and the counter on the signal is above 100 secs. You will anyways switch off the car at that point. Besides, it's slightly annoying if the car switches off and you have to suddenly turn it on when the traffic starts moving. This has happened multiple times with me. I am surprised VAG has given this feature specially with a Turbo engine. Others please weigh in your reccos.
ashwinpalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 12:11   #1840
BHPian

Re: Taigun AC performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-S View Post
The AC of Tagiun has been discussed here for is poor performance.
One weird observation was that the Infotainment system allowed pairing of phone with Wireless Android auto even when the car was in motion. Is this standard behavior? Most vehicles wont allow to pair your phone until car is in P mode or handbrake pulled.
My complaints on the AC's poor performance was mainly when using it in the AUTO mode. If we are manually setting fan and temperature, it does cool faster and especially so after the last update.

On the Wireless Android Auto - I usually connect my phone via the USB port since it tends to get hot in wireless mode. But I have seen the connection drop and reconnect in wireless mode even while driving. Bug or intended feature? I have no idea.
Old 4th May 2023, 18:53   #1841

Was looking at some pre-owned topline AT options on Spinny. Being apprehensive about the used car prices - checked the new car price for highline AT (new topline is out of budget for me). Got a quote for 18.3L (including all discounts) for a 2023 manufactured BS6 Phase1 version silver coloured car from the dealer. Phase 2 version is coming to 18.9L (no discounts). Service Value Package and Extended Warranty would be additional in both cases. Thinking of going ahead and taking the plunge. The dealer did mention that I will additionally get some NCB related amount since there are no claims on my current insurance. I am not entirely sure how that works.
Old 4th May 2023, 19:53   #1842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was looking at some pre-owned topline AT options on Spinny. Being apprehensive about the used car prices - checked the new car price for highline AT (new topline is out of budget for me). Got a quote for 18.3L (including all discounts) for a 2023 manufactured BS6 Phase1 version silver coloured car from the dealer. Phase 2 version is coming to 18.9L (no discounts). Service Value Package and Extended Warranty would be additional in both cases. Thinking of going ahead and taking the plunge. The dealer did mention that I will additionally get some NCB related amount since there are no claims on my current insurance. I am not entirely sure how that works.
For 60k more for a 18+Lac car (whiichs is ~3% extra), I'd personally go for BS6 v2 model which is also future proof for E20 fuel.

You should also check insurance quote from outside as the dealer quotes are usually inflated so you can save some money there.

What is current NCB on your existing car? Are you planning to sell it before the new car purchase? If so, you can get NCB Letter from insurance company upon the sell of car and use it for new car purchase (letter is valid for 3 years). NCB discount is only applicable on own damage portion of the insurance so you can do the math when you have a quote. Also check with dealer if he will help in getting NCB Letter and application to new policy then you can consider opting for dealer provided insurance if it works out better.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 21:07   #1843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
For 60k more for a 18+Lac car (whiichs is ~3% extra), I'd personally go for BS6 v2 model which is also future proof for E20 fuel.

You should also check insurance quote from outside as the dealer quotes are usually inflated so you can save some money there.

What is current NCB on your existing car? Are you planning to sell it before the new car purchase? If so, you can get NCB Letter from insurance company upon the sell of car and use it for new car purchase (letter is valid for 3 years). NCB discount is only applicable on own damage portion of the insurance so you can do the math when you have a quote. Also check with dealer if he will help in getting NCB Letter and application to new policy then you can consider opting for dealer provided insurance if it works out better.

Thanks for the pointers. The insurance quote given by the dealer was 65K and mentioned it is digit insurance. I just checked the digit insurance app myself and added all possible add ons (blindly) they had on offer and it came to only 43K. Will double check with the dealer to understand what is causing this discrepancy!

I have plans to sell the car. But was planning to sell it after acquiring the new car. Will see if it is possible the other way round.
Old 5th May 2023, 13:45   #1844
BHPian

I am contemplating buying VW Taigun 1.5 TSI DSG. However, I am also getting swayed by the newer Tata Nexon Facelift and Honda Elevate. I had below queries.
1. Anyone faced issues with DQ200 gearbox ?
2. How's AC performance esp. with 1.5 TSI engine? I do long travels to coastal areas frequently where temperature hits 38 degrees and relative humidity is 80 (compared to Bangalore's 65). So it's hot and sticky - a little less harsh than Chennai's climate.
3. Does anyone miss 360 degree camera or front parking sensor - a feature which is found in most of the cars in the segment? Did anyone consider fixing third party accessory for this ?

Would appreciate inputs from the owners here
Old 5th May 2023, 19:29   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pointers. The insurance quote given by the dealer was 65K and mentioned it is digit insurance. I just checked the digit insurance app myself and added all possible add ons (blindly) they had on offer and it came to only 43K. Will double check with the dealer to understand what is causing this discrepancy!
There's no discrepancy, it's just dealer's margin
You can ask them to reduce the insurance price to match what you're getting, or get it done yourself.
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks