Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2021, 21:23   #331
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
With another half a dozen cars (Kushaq thread has details) reporting breakdowns over the weekend - some for a second time even, I went ahead and dropped the cancellation e-mail today.

No point waiting for the launch, as I'm now 100% sure I won't be spending my hard-earned money on this car for at least another six months - no matter how good (or bad) they price it.
Hey mate! I have been following your conundrum for quite some time via your posts on various threads.

I think it began with you booking the XUV 300 when it was launched.

My humble suggestion to you would be to wait till the year end and get the best possible discounts on the Compass. Not the Sport model but the Longitude and drive happily a D segment diesel SUV with a very decent feature set.

For all we know, this might be your last chance of owning a diesel whereas those TSIs will be there aplenty the next time around.

Yes, it is easy for me to say this since I am not the one who is gonna be spending the moolah but as long as you are fine with a manual, the Compass it should be.

At the very least, you might get better discounts on the Sport variant.

An Indianised VAG product with multiple failures(questionable reliability?), average A.S.S. and the hanging sword called DQ200 is not really appealing to me as a package, especially for someone who can stretch for the Compass.

Last edited by AYP : 31st August 2021 at 21:32.
AYP is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 07:17   #332

Quote:

For all we know, this might be your last chance of owning a diesel whereas those TSIs will be there aplenty the next time around.
Do you think buying Diesel cars still make sense? Recent tweets from transport minister requested OEMs to reduce diesel cars and come up with only petrol, ethanol options. Need suggestions as many folks might have this question now whether to spend on a diesel car knowing that it maybe phased out eventually and resale of the car say post 5-6 years later would become a real challenge.
Old 1st September 2021, 07:39   #333
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinsagar22 View Post
Do you think buying Diesel cars still make sense? Recent tweets from transport minister requested OEMs to reduce diesel cars and come up with only petrol, ethanol options. Need suggestions as many folks might have this question now whether to spend on a diesel car knowing that it maybe phased out eventually and resale of the car say post 5-6 years later would become a real challenge.
If you go by the tweets of minister, buying a petrol car is also at risk since 20 percentage ethanol in petrol will be implemented soon. Now these petrols engine are only designed to run at 10% ethanol and filling them with 20% ethanol will damage the engine.
anb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 08:19   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Any idea what the fuel tank capacity is for the Taigun?
Show-room salesperson mentioned this to be around 45 litres.

Last edited by Gokrish : 1st September 2021 at 08:27.
Old 1st September 2021, 10:34   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Seems Chennai taxes are a bit too high?

I got my price from Cardekho website as shown below. I am not sure if this includes the Extended warranty prices, so maybe that could be the difference?
T Roc 2021 price in MP

Ex-Showroom : 21,35,000
RTO (10%) : 2,13,500
Insurance : 50,000 ( max)
Misc : 10,000

Total : 24,05,500

1.5 lakhs costlier than 2020 model.

EW for 2021 will cost around 80,000 (5th & 6th year). No EW for 2020 model.

Last edited by sagwal : 1st September 2021 at 10:36. Reason: EW
sagwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 11:50   #336
BHPian

Over the last weekend, I test drove the Kushaq Ambition 1.0AT for the first time (assuming it to be similar to Taigun in terms of dimensions and driving experience) and found it great to drive.
However looking at the on-road price & the recent news of breakdowns, I have decided to stick with my Seltos booking for now. Will wait to see if Taigun springs a surprise with a good package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
5 months . By any chance have you booked White color?
Because from what I have heard the longest waiting is for White and metallic colors are getting delivered early.
I have booked a black color HTX IVT. I am told that the waiting for black is the highest. Grey / Silver is relatively going to get delivered faster. I am based in NCR.

Last edited by aayusht : 1st September 2021 at 11:52.
Old 1st September 2021, 13:09   #337
BHPian

Re: Specification comparison - Taigun | Creta

Quote:

The driving feel should be better and so should the external build quality of the VW. Question is, is it really that better than the Koreans in these two departments to overlook all their other misses?
Just my 2 paise: I test drove the Kushaq and Seltos back to back over the weekend and found the Seltos 1.5LNA IVT to be manageable & not too bad in comparison to Kushaq 1.0T AT. Yes, TCs are generally better than CVTs.
Kushaq was definitely better to drive & felt solid, but not to the extent to overlook everything else. As a package Seltos seems better as of now (despite 3star rating) and I am not even factoring fancy gizmos in my comparison.

PS: We have a VW Vento at home and somehow the Kushaq did not feel as solid as the Vento. I could be wrong. I guess it would be the same for Taigun as well.
aayusht is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 14:50   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayusht View Post

PS: We have a VW Vento at home and somehow the Kushaq did not feel as solid as the Vento. I could be wrong. I guess it would be the same for Taigun as well.
Kerb weight (only car and no passengers or luggage) for the Vento is 1175kg (L-4390 W-1699) versus that of the Kushaq at 1265kg (L-4225, W-1760). Both taken for the top end automatics.

Seems about the same to me, given the surface area and dimensions when compared to the kerb weight.
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 18:20   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kerb weight (only car and no passengers or luggage) for the Vento is 1175kg (L-4390 W-1699) versus that of the Kushaq at 1265kg (L-4225, W-1760). Both taken for the top end automatics.

Seems about the same to me, given the surface area and dimensions when compared to the kerb weight.
The bigger wheels and bigger engine size (1.5L vs 1.2/1.0L TSI) could be playing a part here. Not to mention the better equipment and a body shell with more height = more metal. Not saying the build of Kushaq is pathetic, but IMO, as per my experience, it sure isn't as good as a Vento/Rapid. Heck it's probably even worse than my 2018 Ford Ecosport S.
Old 1st September 2021, 18:39   #340
BHPian

Quote:
The bigger wheels and bigger engine size (1.5L vs 1.2/1.0L TSI) could be playing a part here. Not to mention the better equipment and a body shell with more height = more metal. Not saying the build of Kushaq is pathetic, but IMO, as per my experience, it sure isn't as good as a Vento/Rapid. Heck it's probably even worse than my 2018 Ford Ecosport S.
Vento & Kushaq, both 1.0 --> 1175 kg & 1265 kg respectively. Automatic transmission I think is the same. Which only leaves the wheels as you mentioned. Which again makes me think it should be similar. I also personally think that door hinge mechanisms play a large part in giving the "feel" of a tough car. It is much better in the older cars for sure.
Old 1st September 2021, 18:50   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vento & Kushaq, both 1.0 --> 1175 kg & 1265 kg respectively. Automatic transmission I think is the same. Which only leaves the wheels as you mentioned. Which again makes me think it should be similar. I also personally think that door hinge mechanisms play a large part in giving the "feel" of a tough car. It is much better in the older cars for sure.
Could be the height factor too. The Kushaq has more height, thereby more metal at the top= more weight. And yes the wheels and tyres are bigger on the Kushaq. I also feel the added equipment like Ventilated seats, the sunroof mechanism etc. could result in a little more weight for Kushaq.
Old 1st September 2021, 18:52   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Could be the height factor too. The Kushaq has more height, thereby more metal at the top= more weight. And yes the wheels and tyres are bigger on the Kushaq. I also feel the added equipment like Ventilated seats, the sunroof mechanism etc. could result in a little more weight for Kushaq.
Good points and I agree. If there is anyway to check this through one of those metal thickness testers, would really be worth it
Old 1st September 2021, 19:40   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
If you go by the tweets of minister, buying a petrol car is also at risk since 20 percentage ethanol in petrol will be implemented soon. Now these petrols engine are only designed to run at 10% ethanol and filling them with 20% ethanol will damage the engine.
Thanks! Currently I have a booking done for Taigun 1.5 DSG ! Based on recent news about kushaq EPC started thinking if I should wait few months before these issues are sorted. Or to consider Diesel, other petrol cars which are stable in current market my yearly run in would be around 15-18K kms approx.
nitinsagar22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:02   #344
BHPian

I have pre-booked Taigun few days back. Messaged the sales executive about Kushaq EPC errors and that I am concerned about it. He said due to this issue only Taigun launch is delayed to 23 September and they will rectify the issue by then.

Don't know if I should believe this or not, but just hoping this issue is properly root-caused and fixed by then.
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:43   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarpotdar View Post
I have pre-booked Taigun few days back. Messaged the sales executive about Kushaq EPC errors and that I am concerned about it. He said due to this issue only Taigun launch is delayed to 23 September and they will rectify the issue by then.

Don't know if I should believe this or not, but just hoping this issue is properly root-caused and fixed by then.
The sales executive is absolutely wrong here. He is trying to be a classic car salesman, using random statements to plug the knowledge gap they have (No intention to offend anyone but this is what I have felt personally while visiting multiple showrooms.)
He is saying due to Kushaq's EPC issue they are delaying the launch of Taigun, but this date was already revealed way before the first issue popped up. If my memory serves right Taigun's launch date was known from first week of August and the EPC issues started coming up around 20 Aug.

So unless VAG knew about the EPC issues well before delivering those Kushaqs I don't think what the sales executive is saying is right. But if it is then it opens a whole new can of worms.

Whatever the case may be, I just hope they figure out the issues at the earliest.
UltraViolence is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks