Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2021, 01:05   #436
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinRS View Post
The Taigun GT (Curcuma Yellow) I checked out in Delhi did not have red interiors. Maybe this comes in as an option?
Curcuma yellow will not get red inserts also there is another colour which will not get red inserts white / silver can’t recall correctly. This was asked during preview event.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 08:39   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Curcuma yellow will not get red inserts also there is another colour which will not get red inserts white / silver can’t recall correctly. This was asked during preview event.
Yesterday during my service visit at VW, was shown the Taigun GT which was in Curcuma Yellow.
It had the red inserts. Not sure what will be the configuration of the Taigun at launch

Volkswagen Taigun Review-2.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-1.jpg

Understand this centre is holding 150 bookings, but will be interesting to not how much of this will translate to actual sales.

Edit: As noted in the post below, it had silver inserts with Red ambient lighting!

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th September 2021 at 08:49.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 08:42   #438
Team-BHP Support

Weird logic to have red inserts in Silver and Carbon Steel cars. Usually these colours are bought by people with more conservative choices and they really won't appreciate a red interior!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
It had the red inserts.
Look again. Red ambient lighting under silver inserts.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 08:46   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
.. by people with more conservative choices and they really won't appreciate a red interior!
Those customers are a dwindling minority now and can safely be ignored :-)
Old 15th September 2021, 09:03   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
I feel the same way. Once you start driving VW group cars, you will not be happy with other similarly priced cars. Will be either going in for Taigun or Kushaq soon.
Question is if the Taigun/Kushaq still have that VW premium feel. Haven't seen the car in person but from pictures and comments here, I'm not sure.
Old 15th September 2021, 13:09   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Yesterday during my service visit at VW, was shown the Taigun GT which was in Curcuma Yellow.
It had the red inserts. Not sure what will be the configuration of the Taigun at launch

Edit: As noted in the post below, it had silver inserts with Red ambient lighting!
These are production specifications vehicles. Will launch with the same configuration for the variant you have seen.

Will both automatic and manual version of GT variant will get same interior colour configuration?

Logically yes, but won’t be surprised if Volkswagen does something different here.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Old 15th September 2021, 13:16   #442
BHPian

Your doubt appears justified. I test drove the Kushaq on Saturday and was not impressed at all. My Vento which I sold in 2018 felt much better. And the Kushaq had done just 1500 kms vs the Ventos 57000 kms.
Drove the TRoc just before the Kushaq and again it was in a different league.
When I questioned the salesman about the Taigun he categorically maintained that it will be close in feel to the TRoc.
I seriously doubt it. The Taigun would be similar to the Kushaq in build and feel. VAG appear to have compromised the build and feel to slot the car in their target price band.
Old 15th September 2021, 14:39   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
Your doubt appears justified. I test drove the Kushaq on Saturday and was not impressed at all. My Vento which I sold in 2018 felt much better. And the Kushaq had done just 1500 kms vs the Ventos 57000 kms.
When I questioned the salesman about the Taigun he categorically maintained that it will be close in feel to the TRoc.
I seriously doubt it. The Taigun would be similar to the Kushaq in build and feel. VAG appear to have compromised the build and feel to slot the car in their target price band.
It’s not a Apple to Apple comparison between CBU and locally built (TROC vs Taigun or Kushaq). They are priced and positioned differently. This difference in quality will be felt across any brand for CBU vs Local manufacturing.

Vento or Rapid or Polo VS Taigun or Kushaq yes you can feel the difference in interior quality and some areas of sheet metal. Common theme of hard plastics carry forward. Seats are a area of complain compared to siblings.

Are the recent crash test norms also having some part to play here in terms of sheet metal?

It’s same 1.5 engine in TROC vs Kushaq. Did the engine performance felt any different?

Remember long term vision for Volkswagen is to export this model to select markets hence there will be some benchmarks that will be met.

Only way to dispose off concerns is to crash test car. This is where the group is dragging its feet. Adding to further anxiety.
Old 15th September 2021, 15:01   #444
BHPian

There is too big a difference in feel even if it is a CBU vs LBU comparison.
The engine too felt different though not by a great deal.
And to put matters into perspective, the Kushaq did appear to be a downgrade in build and feel compared to my Ecosport Ecoboost.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 15:54   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
The Taigun as well as the Kushaq are built on the same platform, and carry some twin features as well as material, such as the central AC vents, engines, and side door shapes. But I think the similarities stop there.

There would be a considerable difference in driving experience, as I have always felt while I drove VW vs Skoda(I have driven both).

Already, even small differences, such as the real load-bearing vs decorative roof-rails are prominent.

Also, I have experienced the car in person, and it feels solid(apart from the roof lining). Here is an image of the premium-looking dash. Can't compare this to the Skoda, can we?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...207521&thumb=1
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-20210907_124721.jpg  

Old 15th September 2021, 19:57   #446
BHPian

Checked out the Taigun at dealership today. Quick points:
1. Front/back looks good. Rear LED bar looks very nice.
2. Side A/C vents felt clearly better than Kushaq's.
3. Digital instrument cluster looks fine. I was concerned that the dummy display (?) on the sides will look bad. But the middle portion is quite large and hence side dummies don't bother much.
4. Seat fabric quality felt fine. I liked the side/edge of the seats done in leatherette. Basically, the portion where you sit and back touches are fabric, while the places where your hands might touch are leatherette.
5. Steering wheel and buttons have nice feel.

Front lights - what if a LED was put in the dummy inner-light place and worked with DRL?
mandarpotdar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 20:52   #447
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingaddict07 View Post
Already, even small differences, such as the real load-bearing vs decorative roof-rails are prominent.
Looks like Skoda chose not to highlight the load bearing function of the roof rails, but VW did. Skoda had many other 'simply clever' things to highlight over the Taigun anyways.

Skoda Kushaq owners manual mentions the roof rails are load bearing and can support a maximum of 50 kgs. Screenshot below -

Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot_20210915204601_adobe-acrobat.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 09:34   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
In a now-deleted post on Facebook, the Carbon Steel Grey model was leaked, with red interiors. So, red interiors are nearly confirmed with the Carbon Steel Grey.

It seems that the official website was right after all.
Old 16th September 2021, 13:02   #449

https://www.carblogindia.com/vw-taig...ge-dealership/

Some better looking pictures of Carbon steel Grey
Old 16th September 2021, 13:56   #450
BHPian

- Any idea if the Red dash accents in the GT are an option? Not sure all customers will want that.
- That mention of a dummy light on the headlight cluster... (really?!!). Very very "not classy".

Last edited by CLIX : 16th September 2021 at 13:58.

Most Viewed