Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-taigun360.jpg  

Old 18th August 2021, 17:26   #212
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenath13 View Post
I see a new 360 degree experience that they have added to their website
The website shows that Taigun has a flat foldable seat (like the one in old holda jazz). Can someone confirm if this is available or is this yet another error from marketing/ design team?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-taigun-flat-foldable-seat.png  

Old 18th August 2021, 17:44   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

New Volkswagen Taigun : Start Of Production

Volkswagen Taigun Review-2.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-1.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-3.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-4.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th August 2021 at 18:08.
Old 18th August 2021, 17:51   #214
BHPian

As per the 360 view, red, grey and silver comes with red paint on interior. If it’s not a mistake it would be a real bummer.
Old 18th August 2021, 17:56   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
The website shows that Taigun has a flat foldable seat (like the one in old holda jazz). Can someone confirm if this is available or is this yet another error from marketing/ design team?
Can't be fully flat like shown in that image even if the seats are taken out, because there is a structural element running higher than the boot floor -

Volkswagen Taigun Review-dsc06707.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 18:02   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
As per the 360 view, red, grey and silver comes with red paint on interior. If it’s not a mistake it would be a real bummer.
I noticed this too and hoping that it's a mistake. Red inserts on a grey exterior does not make any sense at all.
Old 18th August 2021, 19:36   #217
Senior - BHPian

Received this email today:-

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1066
Size:  313.4 KB

With the video link:-

The factory setup in the video looks dapper, except for the part where some "Executives" are posing with a VW mug in their hands
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 19:42   #218
BHPian

Its all about pricing in Indian Car Market. With XUV700 launched at an aggressive price point, VW has to really place it with some considerations. Although high bookings on XYV700 initially can result in some spill over but not to a great extent. with Kushaq's disappointing pricing of 21L DSG model, I dont know what to expect from VW on Taigun.

Also no diesel model is a downside as well. I though they were in the market to compete with Koreans but now they have a bigger Indian competition as well.
Mickey1986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 21:58   #219
BHPian

Ashish Gupta in a candid conversation says "Premium is not on price". The problem with VW group is they set wrong expectations with comments like these. Next they will do us price it at a slight discount to what TROC was last year. Why set unrealistic expectations?
Old 18th August 2021, 23:01   #220
BHPian

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/IlUyejEITgU

Ashish Gupta in a candid conversation says "Premium is not on price"
Highlights from the interview.

‘Premium is not in pricing, it’s positioning’. What does this even mean?
‘AC is strong in 1.5 GT, so no ventilated seats’, does that mean it’s not strong in 1.0l? Really?
‘Enthusiasts needs some heat behind their backs, so no ventilated seats’. Wow!

He has promised surprises on pricing, let’s see what it’s going to be.

Can’t blame Ashish for the stupid answers completely. Interviewer needs to improve his interviewing skills.
SBM3J is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 10:28   #221
BHPian

Quote:

‘AC is strong in 1.5 GT, so no ventilated seats’, does that mean it’s not strong in 1.0l? Really?

Can’t blame Ashish for the stupid answers completely. Interviewer needs to improve his interviewing skills.
Oh Well Well. VW's India 2.0 strategy currently seems to either confuse the indian consumer, or they are themselves confused. Firstly the launch of Kushaq with missing 6 airbags on the AT variant (No logic on that) and now with Taigun, they skip the ventilated seats from the 1.5.

They are trying to make the customer sacrifice one feature for the other. How hard it is to have a top trip (optional package) to bring it all together? The clarity is missing from naming (Tiguan, Taigun), to design (just load it with chrome), to advertising (way too long) to execution on to the trims. Taigun, which they called as the car of 2021 will start deliveries at the end of September when most of the year is gone. All this is a mishit and although I was keenly looking for these as an enthusiast, will either start looking elsewhere or wait for VW to fix these issues in the next iteration and continue with my Polo for the time being. Some part of VW DNA with the likes of auto rolling all windows missing from these now. (My friends 20+ year old golf has that feature, with a key-trick though).

On the surprise on pricing, I am quite sure that we will get one. What I am not sure is if that will be a good one !!
xrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 11:08   #222
BHPian

Quote:

Is it me or does Mr. Gupta seem a bit flustered overall going by his body language and nonsensical answers? Reminds me of my engineering viva exams! They have been caught sleeping by the XUV700 launch and it really shows!
nitkel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 12:53   #223
BHPian

I would like to request an advice on when should I go for Taigun-GT purchase.

I have to buy a car this year (my current car is 10 years old, and has maintenance issues) and have pre-booked Taigun GT-1.5DSG.

1. Do new cars have festive/ year end discounts, especially given the XUV pricing dynamics?

2. How has been the Skoda/VW pricing strategy in the past been, price inelastic (i.e, they dont care about the demand and and are fine selling lesser in numbers) or reactive (do respond to competition and come up with better features/ give discounts/ price cuts)

3. If the answer to above questions is yes, whats the quantum of these discounts (for my two month early purchase despration, how much am I losing)

Answers to these will help me time my purchase
Old 19th August 2021, 13:07   #224
BHPian

Quote:

I have to buy a car this year (my current car is 10 years old, and has maintenance issues) and have pre-booked Taigun GT-1.5DSG.

1. Do new cars have festive/ year end discounts, especially given the XUV pricing dynamics?
If they price it higher than the Kushaq you can expect decent discounts in December/January.

Quote:
2. How has been the Skoda/VW pricing strategy in the past been, price inelastic (i.e, they dont care about the demand and and are fine selling lesser in numbers) or reactive (do respond to competition and come up with better features/ give discounts/ price cuts)
They always offer discounts on slow sellers. I bought a Vento TSI in 2017 at 1 lakh discount.

Quote:
3. If the answer to above questions is yes, whats the quantum of these discounts (for my two month early purchase despration, how much am I losing)
It depends on a combination of demand and dealer inventory. I would say you could get around 50k off by December if they price it high.

If you really like the car then go ahead irrespective of future discounts as they are not guaranteed to be offered.

Mod Note : Please do NOT reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th August 2021 at 13:31. Reason: Mod Note inline.
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 13:10   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

They will price this car(SUV) as intended, as if nothing as happened ( launch of XUV and the impending launch of MG Astor).

One year down the line this will not be the scenario as it will be a do or die situation.

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th August 2021 at 13:14.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed