Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2022, 15:32   #1231
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
Got done with my second servicing today.
Did you get the service package and where did you get it serviced?

Quote:
They have replaced the wheel bearings
Had you complained about them or did they change it as a precaution?
Old 30th March 2022, 17:36   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
Did you get the service package and where did you get it serviced?
Waiting for you guidance on whether to go for service package .... This was second 6M free servicing. Got it serviced at VW Downtown Wadala service centre

[/quote]
Had you complained about them or did they change it as a precaution? [/quote]

Yup - had shared list of issues when I gave it for servicing. That included loose hand brake. They called up same day evening, stating there was problem with the wheel hub which they will be replacing under warranty.
Old 30th March 2022, 18:34   #1233
BHPian

My friend Nilesh replaced his GT Taigun's rear wiper with oem Polo rear wiper and it's an exact fit. Also replaced the horns with Passat ones. Next is changing the digital cockpit with the one from T-roc.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20220330wa0005.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20220330wa0004.jpg  

sachin_cs is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 18:48   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
My friend Nilesh replaced his GT Taigun's rear wiper with oem Polo rear wiper and it's an exact fit. Also replaced the horns with Passat ones. Next is changing the digital cockpit with the one from T-roc.
Is the replacement of the digital cockpit + horns being done by the VW dealers? If yes, I am assuming there will not be any warranty issues - have the dealers confirmed that?

Also, what is the quote for the digital cockpit?
Old 30th March 2022, 19:24   #1235
BHPian

I had a weird issue with my Taigun today. The driver side window did not close fully with the one touch that it is supposed to work with. It stopped 1/4th of the way. Continue holding the switch up and it actually made the window open fully. I had to try it a few times to get the window closed.

Anyone else faced this issue or know why this might be happening?
Old 30th March 2022, 20:37   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
I had a weird issue with my Taigun today. The driver side window did not close fully with the one touch that it is supposed to work with. It stopped 1/4th of the way. Continue holding the switch up and it actually made the window open fully. I had to try it a few times to get the window closed.

Anyone else faced this issue or know why this might be happening?
Many a times car door windows lose sync and you need to reset them. In VW cars if this happens the one touch up/down won't work, the window may stop at intermittent position and the remote up and down feature on remote also won't work.

Resetting the window power system is very simple. Hold the button at full top and full bottom position for full 5 seconds. This will reset the settings. The following video can guide you.

Last edited by poloman : 30th March 2022 at 20:48.
poloman is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 23:36   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
This is something many owners are looking forward to. Is it a dealer level fitment? No warranty void issues?
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 23:49   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACe_10 View Post
Is the replacement of the digital cockpit + horns being done by the VW dealers? If yes, I am assuming there will not be any warranty issues - have the dealers confirmed that?

Also, what is the quote for the digital cockpit?
Horn is something dealer usually replace upon request and since it's OEM, warranty is intact. Regarding digital cockpit, it's a grey area as of now because it will also need vcds coding and how far the dealer helps remains to be seen, once it's fitted, I will update here including the price and labour

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
This is something many owners are looking forward to. Is it a dealer level fitment? No warranty void issues?
It's a dealer level fitment and there's no warranty issue involved. I was wondering how much did VW/Skoda saved by not giving proper frameless rear wiper? My 2009 Estilo had one.
sachin_cs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 06:32   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Horn is something dealer usually replace upon request

It's a dealer level fitment and there's no warranty issue involved. I was wondering how much did VW/Skoda saved by not giving proper frameless rear wiper? My 2009 Estilo had one.
Agreed. Cost cutting is evident to my eyes than purse. Maybe VW can make up by providing these minor replacements during service. Wondering why VW hasn't got NCAP tests done for taigun. It will put to rest doubts about quality of metal sheets.

Last edited by prabhu7944 : 31st March 2022 at 06:39. Reason: Spelling mistake
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 09:34   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepss1980 View Post
hi all,
has anybody gotten the service center to do setup some optional features in the taigun ? like horn sound when lock/unlock and apparently "Dynamic Mode" which the best driving mode in Taigun ?

A bunch of people are going for coding here...but i wonder if the service center guys can do this ?
This is horn on lock/unlock generally possible on VAG cars and the service centre guys usually do it. I remember getting this done for my Polo around 10 years ago.

You can ask the nearest service centre guy or maybe someone who deals with VCDS software for help on the same.
Old 2nd April 2022, 21:29   #1241
BHPian

Any one noticed slight whitening of edges on the tail light bar on closer inspection?

Also anyone who has completed 5k kms is there improvement in mileage?

Thanks.
Old 3rd April 2022, 06:00   #1242
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Any one noticed slight whitening of edges on the tail light bar on closer inspection

Thanks.
This had happened in my 4th generation Honda City. It was actually due to the leftover polish residue, caused due to the shoddy polishing and waxing session done by the showroom during delivery. I happened to see the same in a week time on closer inspection. My car is black in color, so it was visible even on the body panels especially at the places where two body panels meet. Try buffing with a micro fiber towel.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 12:54   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Any one noticed slight whitening of edges on the tail light bar on closer inspection?

Also anyone who has completed 5k kms is there improvement in mileage?

Thanks.
Certainly understanding of fuel consumption improves, and hence possibly the mileage.

Car guzzles petrol on turbo acceleration, mileage drops drastically beyond 100-110 kmph. I have learnt to use cruise control more often, be light on accelator and lesser breaking.

Done with 6.9k so far.
vinitbarve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 13:44   #1244
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen considering Taigun one-make championship to replace Polo National Racing Championship.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-vwtaigunmotorsport4900x506.jpg

Link (Volkswagen Polo R Cup India 2014 registrations open)
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 14:44   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Certainly understanding of fuel consumption improves, and hence possibly the mileage.

Car guzzles petrol on turbo acceleration, mileage drops drastically beyond 100-110 kmph. I have learnt to use cruise control more often, be light on accelator and lesser breaking.

Done with 6.9k so far.
I agree that understanding of fuel consumption improves.

What mileage are you able to fetch? and how has your experience been with the A/C.

In bumper to bumper city traffic, recently, it dropped to <7kmpl; where my Corolla 1.8 CVT and Innova 2.7 AT maintain between 8-12kmpl.

Otherwise, my Taigun 1.0 MT is fetching me around 10-14 kms to a litre. Long term stats for 800 kms is showing 12.2 kmpl. First service scheduled for later this week.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on which VW Service center is the best in Delhi NCR? any things to keep in mind? (other than the fact I have two-three things to complain/query about) do you suggest that I should go and get it done or plan a pick-drop?

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks