Old 28th May 2022, 22:40   #1351
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Hey folks,
====
Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Am surprised door creaking issue is still not addressed. I understand Kun VW replaced the Horns with wind types. Surprised why TVS is not willing to do the same.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st June 2022 at 21:28. Reason: Trimming Quoted post. Thanks
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 18:27   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
Hey guys, a close friend recently purchased a Taigun 1L topline MT model some 2 odd weeks ago.
=======
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=rPt1JLEZAk4
Hello guys, this is a common problem faced by VW Taigun 1.0 owners. I know someone with a Kushaq facing the same issue with his 1.0 AT. Please watch this video before buying or just get your car and wait for VW-Skoda to do something. I am sorry for the spam, but here's a post that's fully focussed on this: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ditioning.html (Volkswagen Taigun : Ineffective air-conditioning)

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st June 2022 at 21:28. Reason: Trimming Quoted post. Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 14:43   #1353

I see that that the internal circulation switch is not turned on. It is felt that there might not be an issue of the Ac if the internal circulation switch is turned on.
Old 31st May 2022, 14:09   #1354
BHPian

A quick & minor observation: I was driving my Taigun Highline in the rain and had the wipers set to 'Low' speed (which is one stage above intermittent, one stage below the highest 'high' speed) and on coming to a halt at a red light, the wipers worked as if they were on the highest intermittent setting i.e. they stopped wiping continuously and had a certain pause between the wipes. As soon as the car started moving, they were back to the original speed. This is very interesting. My Toyota Corolla Altis has a similar feature, but only when the wipers are set to 'Auto' mode as it comes equipped with Rain-sensing wipers.
Old 31st May 2022, 17:53   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Am surprised door creaking issue is still not addressed. I understand Kun VW replaced the Horns with wind types. Surprised why TVS is not willing to do the same.
So, I took my car back to the service center this morning and was there for 30mins or less. They applied a Volkswagen branded lubricant on the door rubber areas.

The cabin is pretty silent now, even on the worst roads. However, in the end, it is a temporary fix that lasts 3 months or less. I will continue to push for a permanent fix.

Last edited by asmr : 31st May 2022 at 17:54. Reason: corrected grammar
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 10:25   #1356
BHPian

Hi All,

I currently own a 2014 Hyundai Xcent Petrol Manual and am looking out to upgrade to CSUVs. The 3 options I have in my mind are Seltos/Creta/Taigun. (Like how Taigun looks over Kushaq so considering only this between the German twins; infact like Seltos looks way better than current Creta but panoramic sunroof and 3 person rear seating gives Creta the edge and hence still under consideration with a facelift)

But back to Taigun. I am looking for 1.5 GT plus DSG.

So I am yet to test drive the vehicle as last weekend, the showroom did not had the car when I visited. So waiting for the first hand experience.

Meanwhile, i wanted opinion from owners here in the group on below concerns which i have reading through multiple T-bhp threads and youtube review videos:

1. I understand the rear seating is not as good as say Creta but what about Xcent or other sub 4m vehicles, is it not at all a 5 seater?
2. Is the AC bad for 1.5 GT? (I read some threads on it being modest for 1.0)
3. I also read that reverse camera is bad and even worse in low light environment. What's the owner's take here?
4. Has anyone went for a 360 camera from after sales market? If yes, hows the feedback?
5. I also read that GT plus does not ventilated seats which are available in lower trims. Is there a plan to change/upgrade as i find this very strange.?

The reason i am reaching out here is the car costs 23L OTR in bangalore which is like the max budget stretched out for me. And I am ok to let go some gimmicks offered by Korean twins but things like poor camera, manual height seat adjustment, missing ventilated seats are a big let down. They can call it Part sharing but in reality its just poor part sharing.
Old 1st June 2022, 14:22   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav1817 View Post
Hi All,

1. I understand the rear seating is not as good as say Creta but what about Xcent or other sub 4m vehicles, is it not at all a 5 seater?
2. Is the AC bad for 1.5 GT? (I read some threads on it being modest for 1.0)
3. I also read that reverse camera is bad and even worse in low light environment. What's the owner's take here?
4. Has anyone went for a 360 camera from after sales market? If yes, hows the feedback?
5. I also read that GT plus does not ventilated seats which are available in lower trims. Is there a plan to change/upgrade as i find this very strange.?
Well the rear seating capacity depends upon the size of the individuals too, you can seat 3 60 kg people , but 3 healthy size adults would not be comfortable at all. Moreover the problem is due to the side bolstering present in side seats whereas the middle one is raised. If the bench was completely flat like some cars 3 people would have been more comfortable, but your test drive experience would clarify you that clearly.

1. Well most of the complaints are coming from the 1.0 engine, the AC of German cars have never been exceptional but folks who own 1.5 aren't complaining.

2. Well it's average, I have sat in Honda, TATA and MG cars and haven't seen a good reverse camera yet, but I remember sitting in Seltos and it had a pretty good camera. The camera in Taigun gets the job done.

3. The aftermarket 360 would void your warranty so think about that before getting it.

4. Well yes the Taigun 1.5 GT Topline variant doesn't have ventilated seats, whereas the 1.0 Topline variant has it. To get 1.5 TSI with ventilated seats you'll have to buy Virtus/Slavia/Kushaq.

I think you can consider the new sedans as well, costs less, has the same or more features, has a bigger boot and looks good too. And the ground clearance is only 10mm less than the SUVs, 179mm vs 189mm

Last edited by yesyeswe : 1st June 2022 at 14:24. Reason: More details
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 20:27   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Well the rear seating capacity depends upon the size of the individuals too, you can seat 3 60 kg people , but 3 healthy size adults would not be comfortable at all. Moreover the problem is due to the side bolstering present in side seats whereas the middle one is raised. If the bench was completely flat like some cars 3 people would have been more comfortable, but your test drive experience would clarify you that clearly.
Ah, this middle-seat-raised makes sense to me now about the comfort of 5 passengers. I remember a similar discussion I had offline with a friend on his Kushaq.

Quote:
I think you can consider the new sedans as well, costs less, has the same or more features, has a bigger boot and looks good too. And the ground clearance is only 10mm less than the SUVs, 179mm vs 189mm

Looks wise I totally loved both, but wanted something more on the SUV (Driver Seating height) advantage. But point noted. Thanks for your feedback.

Quote:
2. Well it's average, I have sat in Honda, TATA and MG cars and haven't seen a good reverse camera yet, but I remember sitting in Seltos and it had a pretty good camera. The camera in Taigun gets the job done.
And this is where I get sad to say, because price wise they are costlier than Seltos. And they had sufficient feedback on Kushaq before launch and assuming Taigun was already in production, they surely had more time for Monte Carlo version. But it seems the VW group is not interested in upgrading these shortcomings at this price range.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st June 2022 at 21:29. Reason: Back to back post, please await approval to edit the original post.
Old 1st June 2022, 22:05   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
A quick & minor observation: I was driving my Taigun Highline in the rain and had the wipers set to 'Low' speed (which is one stage above intermittent, one stage below the highest 'high' speed) and on coming to a halt at a red light, the wipers worked as if they were on the highest intermittent setting i.e. they stopped wiping continuously and had a certain pause between the wipes. As soon as the car started moving, they were back to the original speed.
Apart from rain sensing, the wiper system is obviously speed sensing. At moving speed your car windshield hits more rain droplets per time than when at standstill. So the wiper speed is adjusting itself to clear more water from the windshield.
Guite is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 23:45   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
So, I took my car back to the service center this morning and was there for 30mins or less. They applied a Volkswagen branded lubricant on the door rubber areas.

The cabin is pretty silent now, even on the worst roads. However, in the end, it is a temporary fix that lasts 3 months or less. I will continue to push for a permanent fix.
I went to VW Pune West for a check up last Sunday. The odometer reading is at 4.8k. I'm supposed to go on a 4k km road trip next week and adding another 4k kms will mean that I'd cross the 6 month/7500 km service interval by a certain margin. The SA suggested I bring the car in and get it checked.

After assessing the car, he then told me that there was a software update that was to be flashed and that my car was supposed to get the beadings changed. He advised me against using any temporary solution and wait till the replacement door beadings are in stock. The software update and the door beading replacement was pulled from their internal tool where they update the service type, kms on the odo at the time of the service among other things.

Kindly check with your ASC and get the beadings replaced.

I"ve also observed that after I get my car pressure washed and when the folks cleaning the car open the doors and clean the door frame and beadings with a moist cloth, the noise disappears completely. If your ASC isn't able to confirm if they have the new beadings are in stock and the lubricant wears off, try cleaning the door frame and beadings with a wet cloth.

Last edited by throttleflick : 2nd June 2022 at 23:48.
Old 3rd June 2022, 18:07   #1361
BHPian

Presenting you the Taigun lite

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20220603wa0008.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-2021_volkswagen_taigun_1.5_tsi_gt_india_rear_view.png

P.S. VW Skoda should realise that even the rip-off has better rear wiper.

Last edited by sachin_cs : 3rd June 2022 at 18:09.
sachin_cs is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 18:09   #1362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Presenting you the Taigun lite
The lite version has a better rear wiper
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 20:56   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post
Kindly check with your ASC and get the beadings replaced.

I"ve also observed that after I get my car pressure washed and when the folks cleaning the car open the doors and clean the door frame and beadings with a moist cloth, the noise disappears completely. If your ASC isn't able to confirm if they have the new beadings are in stock and the lubricant wears off, try cleaning the door frame and beadings with a wet cloth.
Thanks for the information. I just crossed 4.45K on the odo and the 2nd check up was just a week back, since my Taigun is about 6 months old.

The Service manager said that the door seals/weatherstrips are changed only for a set of VINs that would come in an advisory, but I get what you are saying. I will push for a replacement with the upgraded version, whatever that is going to be.

The temporary lubrication that they did was with a VW branded lubricant. I saw the spray can but didn't quite get the name. I will try the moist cloth cleaning if and when the noise comes back.
Old 5th June 2022, 07:17   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Question I have is this - is there a DIY solution to stop the creaking/rattling noises from the doors for good?
Hi asmr. There is a fix available from VW for this issue. In the 1000km inspection service they said adjustments were made in the door, but the issue persisted. Then at around 3500km i got a call from them that VW had come up with a fix, they then sprayed three coats of a lubricant over the beadings and said this will solve the issue. But some creaking persisted, at this point I got a little impatient and insisted they do something better.

Had a word with the service manager, which is when i learnt about the existence of anti-friction strip. So during the second inspection service they assured the issue will be sorted out soon and that their service head was at Pune for training on this.

But what surprised me was that the dealer told me that VW was paying only for 3 doors' anti-friction strip, I insisted they apply this to all the doors - i was told I'll have to pay Rs. 400 for the 4th door strip, I just wanted the problem to be sorted and agreed to pay. But this is not cool VOLKSWAGEN INDIA.

What VW should have done, is made a recall and fixed the issue than irritate customers who preferred Taigun over Creta/Seltos and made us go through this ordeal to get this fix.

I felt Rs. 400 is actually the cost of 4 strips. Details about the strip itself - it's made by Saint Gobain, attaching pics of the fix and the bill for reference.

Following this fix done at 8300km I've never faced the creaking issue again. The car has run 11900km so far.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220429_151439__01__01.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220429_151543.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220429_151547.jpg

Please bear with the long post, wanted to share my experience with the other issues faced by me and others as well.

But one issue i face is that the one touch up of the driver side window doesn't work properly most of the time - the window rolls up halfway and rolls back down, whenever this happens it happens twice. The third attempt it stops midway, following which the one touch up just gives way, I've got so used to this routine that I don't even attempt one touch up now.

They have done basic setting of the windows multiple times, other than this issue, I'm just loving the car so I've even stopped complaining about this hoping that when the electrically folding ORVM is available anyway the window will get a new motor which should solve the issue.

I'm just hoping someone from VOLKSWAGEN INDIA is reading all these minor issues faced by customers.

As for the AC, I've figured out a way of cooling down the car sooner - pop up the sunroof, crack down all 4 windows just a couple of inches down, let the AC be at 22-24 degrees Celcius on auto with outside in circulation, at this point don't use ventillation of the seats - the car cools down to a not uncomfortable space within 30seconds, i close the windows at this point, within the next 30 seconds the car cools down further and i shut the sunroof as well. The fan blower speed will still be high, so i switch to manual and decrease fan speed to 3 and also switch to inside circulation. After about 2 minutes I then switch to Auto with inside circulation. I've got so used to this routine now. As for the efficiency of the AC, i have never felt that it's not able to cool the car (highest temperature I've faced so far is 36.5 degrees Celcius).

As for the mileage - I have a sedate driving pattern, excepting revving on empty roads just to hear the engine roar in the first and second gears occasionally. I always always wait for about 30 seconds after turning on the engine for the rpm to reach from 1500 to 1000, initially i used to wait just 10 seconds after a cold start and journey on, but this gyaan of waiting for the rpm to drop was given by a close friend Dr. KCK from Coorg who owns a Skoda Kushaq 1.0L MT style variant. I get an average mileage of 16-18kmpl (60% highway & 40% city). Within Mysore city I get around 14-16kmpl, on dual carriageway highways where I can't use Cruise control I get around 17-18.5kmpl. On proper highways with cruise control mileage is sweet at 20-22kmpl. Max I've ever got is 23kmpl. I always keep the AC at 24, sometimes higher. I never keep the AC below 22.

PS.: Have tinted the windows using Garware lite NF carbon films with 50% Visibility. Front and rear windshields have clear films rated at 70% visibility, of a generic brand.
Osteon206 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 09:19   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteon206 View Post
Hi asmr. There is a fix available from VW for this issue. In the 1000km inspection service they said adjustments were made in the door, but the issue persisted. Then at around 3500km i got a call from them that VW had come up with a fix, they then sprayed three coats of a lubricant over the beadings and said this will solve the issue. But some creaking persisted, at this point I got a little impatient and insisted they do something better.
400 for the 4th door? All merciful of them to have allowed you to retain the door. I feel you should write to VW about being charged for 1 door. Not about the money but to tell them how stupid they are. I also think the car is very good only because the engine and design are German. However the local brains (if at all they have) have managed to create lot of irritants like AC, door squeaking, lack of option to cut phone calls on steering, quality of roofline.
prabhu7944 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks