Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:51   #721

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

There's my vehicle, in all glory! Currently, it is parked at the showroom!

Registration, insurance have been done, all other procedures have been done. Will take delivery on 7th October!

I also got a loyalty bonus discount of 10K, as I am already driving the Vento!

Will create a detailed post of delivery and ownership soon after delivery!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20211001wa0017.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20211001wa0015.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20211001wa0012.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20211001wa0013.jpg  

drivingaddict07 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 16:19   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingaddict07 View Post
my god! what color is that - it looks spectacular.

Quick question to everyone who has taken a test drive of the Taigun. How much bigger than a Polo/i20 is it ?

I live in an area that has a highly contentious parking situation. My i20 barely fits. I know that my neighbor's sonet also fits properly. But my heart is on the Taigun. I'm wondering if the extra length is cosmetic... or is it much bigger in dimensions in reality.
Old 3rd October 2021, 16:23   #723

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
my god! what color is that - it looks spectacular.

Quick question to everyone who has taken a test drive of the Taigun. How much bigger than a Polo/i20 is it ?

I live in an area that has a highly contentious parking situation. My i20 barely fits. I know that my neighbor's sonet also fits properly. But my heart is on the Taigun. I'm wondering if the extra length is cosmetic... or is it much bigger in dimensions in reality.
The color is Carbon Steel Grey, with the red interiors.

It is definitely bigger than the Polo/i20 as well as the Sonet.

The Taigun is barely smaller than the Creta and Seltos, so you can get an idea of how big it is. I would say, follow your heart!
drivingaddict07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 16:35   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Quick question to everyone who has taken a test drive of the Taigun. How much bigger than a Polo/i20 is it ?.
As a polo owner, I can confirm that the car has acres of room inside. Almost 2x/3x the leg space at the back compared to Polo, while being 25/27 cm longer on the outside and may be 10 cm wider. Also, boot is almost 2x than Polo.

Compared to i20 however, the leg space would be 1.5-2x better but the dimensions on outside is the same increase from i20 as it from Polo, approx 25 cm x 8 cm

Sonet however I believe is the same width as Taigun but it’s below 4m in length, so length wise sonet would be less by the count as above: 25 cm
Old 3rd October 2021, 16:44   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats drivingaddict07 !!
Looks Stunning !

Question :
- How long was the delivery wait period, post booking? (for this color )
Today I booked the GT+ of the same color.

- What was the insurance amount charged?
Old 3rd October 2021, 16:45   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
As a polo owner, I can confirm that the car has acres of room inside. Almost 2x/3x the leg space at the back compared to Polo, while being 25/27 cm longer on the outside and may be 10 cm wider. Also, boot is almost 2x than Polo.

Compared to i20 however, the leg space would be 1.5-2x better but the dimensions on outside is the same increase from i20 as it from Polo, approx 25 cm x 8 cm

Sonet however I believe is the same width as Taigun but it’s below 4m in length, so length wise sonet would be less by the count as above: 25 cm
so actually - that's what i wanted to know: where is the additional 25 cm coming from ? is the actual body size increased ? or is it just some cosmetic changes which dont affect actual parking space (which is good for me).
Old 3rd October 2021, 16:52   #727
BHPian

Quote:
so actually - that's what i wanted to know: where is the additional 25 cm coming from ? is the actual body size increased ? or is it just some cosmetic changes which dont affect actual parking space (which is good for me).
It’s physical increase in the length of the car, so if you can’t accommodate cars more than 4 m in length, then you have a space constraint at hand, my dear friend.
KapilD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 17:47   #728
BHPian

Quote:
The longer wheelbase gives the Taigun more leg-space in the cabin. Even if overall length (bumper to bumper) is same or only marginally longer.
CLIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 19:31   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
The longer wheelbase gives the Taigun more leg-space in the cabin. Even if overall length (bumper to bumper) is same or only marginally longer.
thank you - that's very helpful ! I probably will try to see it in person this week then. I really hope I can fit that into my space.

There's definitely a market for 15 lakher sub-4m premium segment. I like to call it the "desi Mini Cooper segment". I dont understand why I cant have a compact vehicle for India driving/parking conditions...yet give me a super premium package.
silverbyte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 20:12   #730
BHPian

Quote:
There's definitely a market for 15 lakher sub-4m premium segment. I like to call it the "desi Mini Cooper segment". I dont understand why I cant have a compact vehicle for India driving/parking conditions...yet give me a super premium package.
There are very few of “you” (and I) in this country. We Indians in general are the most conscious customers in the world and need the most out of our investment, be it any: KMPL, VFM, ROI etc.

Any company, be it any segment, cannot survive the Indian clientele just by catering to the premium package coz it won’t sell. Take for example the VW GTI. 99 cars should have been sold in 1 day with a population of 1 Billion. That gives it a ratio of 1 car per 10 Million but no.. didn’t work; similarly T Roc: 1000 units translate to 1 car per 1 million - should it take 6m year to sell them all??

You may argue these are imported but hey, if you need such cars to be built in the country, you need to have investment to the tune of billions of dollars which makes the aforementioned ratio inverse 10 million invested for 1 car? Doesn’t work, does it? Combine that with the ever demanding client.

In short, it won’t work in India as because costs have to be cut to meet that expectation at some place to appease the VFM masses and not the niche lot of customers.

Don’t you still wonder why Marutis sell in number despite the shortcomings perceived by those who appreciate the VW’s and Fords of the world??
KapilD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 21:51   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
There are very few of “you” (and I) in this country. We Indians in general are the most conscious customers in the world and need the most out of our investment, be it any: KMPL, VFM, ROI etc.

Any company, be it any segment, cannot survive the Indian clientele just by catering to the premium package coz it won’t sell. Take for example the VW GTI. 99 cars should have been sold in 1 day with a population of 1 Billion. That gives it a ratio of 1 car per 10 Million but no.. didn’t work; similarly T Roc: 1000 units translate to 1 car per 1 million - should it take 6m year to sell them all??

You may argue these are imported
I hear you...but you are skipping over an entire price segment. Im talking about the price segment for compact SUV starting at 5 lakhs.

Troc is at 21 lacs.

I do think the 11 to 17 lakhs bracket is a premium compact SUV sweet spot.

The magic is pricing. As magnite showed when it shook up the industry by going below. You can go one step above .... but not go towards the 20 to 30 lakh range which is where again the Indian VFM mentality kicks in.
Old 3rd October 2021, 23:19   #732
BHPian

I am planning to buy Volkswagen Taigun GT (Manual) variant. Will be going to Test Drive it soon. Kindly suggest any points, which I should keep in my mind before finalising it.
Old 4th October 2021, 13:10   #733
BHPian

Quote:

Registration, insurance have been don\
Congratulations - The color looks brilliant. It was my top choice as well, but my 8 year old daughter had the authority on colors, wife on the transmission and me on Engine capacity, We are a democratic family

If you are buying the floor mats, the 5th passenger floor mat/ middle back seat protection doesnt exist, and can be messy if there are 5 people travelling. So you may want to explore other options on this. VW Sunbinds are good, you shud bargain them for free. Ensure VW connect + Dongle is connected and explained properly, I am struggling with it.

Last edited by vinitbarve : 4th October 2021 at 13:12. Reason: content correction
Old 4th October 2021, 16:03   #734

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
Congrats drivingaddict07 !!
Looks Stunning !

Question :
- How long was the delivery wait period, post booking? (for this color )
Today I booked the GT+ of the same color.

- What was the insurance amount charged?
Mine is the first car to be registered in the city, so no waiting time for me. I had pre-booked way in advance, August to be precise.

I don't have the exact break-up at the moment, but I will post it here later.

This is the most popular color and model choice, so I suppose, there would be some waiting on the same as the dealers would first deliver the pre-booked cars.
drivingaddict07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 18:44   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is the first car to be registered in the city, so no waiting time for me. I had pre-booked way in advance, August to be precise.

I don't have the exact break-up at the moment, but I will post it here later.

This is the most popular color and model choice, so I suppose, there would be some waiting on the same as the dealers would first deliver the pre-booked cars.
quick question here - does your Taigun service manual mandate the use of 95RON fuel (just like the Kushaq) ?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5163333 (Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks