Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2022, 18:47   #226
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSwamy View Post
I bought my Skoda Slavia 1.0L Style variant on 18th Mar and I was told I am first customer from PPS Skoda Mysore road showroom Bengaluru.
Congratulations for the new car. Silver actually looks very elegant on this car. Looking forward to one of the first ownership reviews of the Slavia.

Have you opted for AT or MT?

Wishing you happy miles ahead
Old 22nd March 2022, 10:45   #227

Thank you! I am a newbie here and have not done a review before but will try to do something as I drive it more! But I will be active on the forum and can answer queries that come along

It is an AT (Torque converter). Ride is very comfortable, do not feel the undulations on the road, feels very planted.

Regarding the back seat comfort, I have sat only once and even though I am 6 ft. tall, I felt really comfortable. There is loads of leg space! You do sit a bit knees up but there is enough room in front to stretch your legs under the front seat. And the family who are the regular occupants also feel it is very comfortable.

Last edited by vb-saan : 22nd March 2022 at 11:23. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
AKSwamy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:46   #228
Senior - BHPian

Mega event at Coimbatore marked the delivery of the new Skoda Slavia to 100 families at SGA Cars.

Skoda Slavia Review-fb_img_1647929734270.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-fb_img_1647929741523.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-fb_img_1647929744338.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-fb_img_1647929747004.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-fb_img_1647929749661.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-fb_img_1647929754926.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-fb_img_1647929757405.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-fb_img_1647929761173.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 14:22   #229
BHPian

I went to check out the Skoda Slavia to the Skoda showroom last Sunday i.e 20/03/2022. I am yet to test drive the car but I personally liked the interiors design of Slavia. Coming from a 2012 Tata Manza, they obviously look like an upgrade to me.

Although, one concern is such that whether the interiors would squeak upon either driving hard or going over the rough patches. If it happens, it will ruin the premium driving experience (going over the reviews).
It appears that Skoda might already have the list of equipment that they may put in the Slavia facelift. Following is that list according to me:

1. Better fitted interior
2. Powered driver seat
3. Powered co-passenger seat
4. Dual zone climate control
5. Mild hybrid
6. Disc brakes in the rear wheels
7. Front parking sensors
8. Updated driver console (without any dead zones)
9. One touch up/down window glass (for all the windows)
10. Ambient lighting.
11. Electronic hand brake
12. Drive modes for different terrains (Wet, mud, normal. Does it make sense to ask this?)

If my list has something that is already present in the current car, kindly let me know.
I really hope that if Skoda introduces any of these, like updated driver console, it would be a firmware upgrade that could be pushed in the current Slavia. Other features, most of them should be able to get retrofitted by any Skoda service center.

I am contemplating between Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta and Skoda Slavia. Wife likes Kushaq too, but I dont want go for Kushaq having heard all the stories.

Missed another one from the list - A heads up display

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd March 2022 at 21:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged
driverabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 16:09   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverabhi View Post

I am contemplating between Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta and Skoda Slavia. Wife likes Kushaq too, but I dont want go for Kushaq having heard all the stories.
And what price are we ready to pay for it
I can confidently tell, atleast 80% of these features will not make it in Slavia in next few years. We also need to be realistic on expecations.

On another note about disc brake at the rear, in recent Autocar shoot out Kushaq / Taigun with rear drum performed better than Creta / Seltos with rear disc. So I think we need to look at the braking performance than disc / drum. Though I seriously hope they introduce rear disc, with more better braking performance.
sunikkat is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 18:00   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
And what price are we ready to pay for it
I can confidently tell, atleast 80% of these features will not make it in Slavia in next few years. We also need to be realistic on expecations.
Well this is a discussion for some other time Skoda might incrementally add a few features every year and keep increasing the prices accordingly.

I have also seen/read the braking capacity of Slavia. It appears to be good.
Old 23rd March 2022, 11:24   #232
BHPian

Took delivery of my white 1.0 style AT on Monday. Haven't had too much time to spend with it. Will hopefully take it for a spin on Sunday and post some thoughts.
travelex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 13:14   #233
BHPian

Just like enthusiasts were able to swap instrument clusters, lights and infotainment systems in PQ25 VW cars, is it possible to do similar stuff in MQB-A0-IN cars being sold in India?

For example, can one change the instrument cluster to a proper fully digital virtual cockpit which is standard in cars sold in Europe? Also, some VW cars sold abroad still get physical controls for AC, so can the touch panel sold in Slavia be replaced by that HVAC unit with physical buttons and knobs?

Lastly, if these can be done, is it as simple as it was with older generation VWs or is it more complex?

All these mods would make the Slavia an overall better product and will reduce the sense of cost cutting in the cabin. In my opinion, these 2 things, specifically, can add a bit more premium appeal to the vehicle and are very much useful and function as well.
FrAgile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 00:15   #234
BANNED

Quote:
For example, can one change the instrument cluster to a proper fully digital virtual cockpit which is standard in cars sold in Europe? .
Exactly, I am very much keen on this particular mod, there was a thread where they had changed Ecosports cluster with some other Ford car from America, I strongly feel that this mod can be possible. Can someone shed more light on this

My family friend, an ex Skoda Rapid owner literally dumped his car in a scrap yard after its injectors failed for the 6th time Or so, it was a TDI engine.
Now he is keen on Slavia as he test drove all the other cars and rejected them(typical Skoda owner), will show him the Taigun too.
My question here is, HOW RELIABLE IS THE 1 LTR TSI MOTOR? This car will mostly see Highways and running is high, can someone shed light on this

Last edited by libranof1987 : 24th March 2022 at 08:01. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts
Old 24th March 2022, 07:23   #235

I got my Slavia in Tafe HSR on 18th March. It's a Style 1.0 TSI MT variant.

I went with red colour, mostly because I was late at booking but wanted the car as soon as possible, and red was one among the lowest booked. Blue and black topped this list.
Once delivered, red felt like a dream, it's enough sporty and enough elegant as well.

Still getting used to the stalk control differences vs other Indian cars, the gearbox feels good, apart from 1st gear being a bit notching. Slow stopping in traffic wobbles the suspension a bit.

Will keep posted once I get a whole idea on the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-dsc01279.jpg  

ZedXPro95 is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 08:19   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedXPro95 View Post
Congrats! Slavia looks smashing in red. You will get adjusted to the controls within few days.

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th March 2022 at 08:21.
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 09:38   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow wow wow. Red looks so good. Congratulations. More pictures please.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 10:15   #238
BHPian

Quote:
I went with red colour, mostly because I was late at booking
Once delivered, red felt like a dream, it's enough sporty and enough elegant as well.
Plus, you can tell people that you got a Monte Carlo version even before its official launch!
TheGearBox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 10:41   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Plus, you can tell people that you got a Monte Carlo version even before its official launch!
Haha yeah, paints the roof black and call it a day.
Old 25th March 2022, 10:18   #240
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked the Style 1.0 AT in red colour and it looks so good in the picture expecting delivery mid April, can't wait!!
rahil_29 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks