Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2022, 12:15   #361
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Hope its not the engine/coolant heat which is triggering that. Or some sensor going kaput or malfunction.
All 1.0 Taigun / Kushaq owners are facing the same, so just asking if the issue persists in the Slavia.
Old 26th April 2022, 15:09   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
That's not what I meant. I mean when the car is crawling in bumper to bumper traffic - does the AC give up?
I have noticed the cooling factor reduce in a slight bit, but nothing other than that
Old 26th April 2022, 19:55   #363
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
All 1.0 Taigun / Kushaq owners are facing the same, so just asking if the issue persists in the Slavia.
If this is actually true (rather than placebo), then definitely something is wrong.

If there is no airflow from the inrushing air (car is not moving at high enough speed, car is crawling in a traffic jam), the radiator fan is supposed to turn on, artificially drawing ambient air and provide cooling to the coolant within radiator and provice cooling to the hot compressed refrigerant within the AC condenser.

I can understand if the cooling becomes slightly weak, which would happen if the compressor is not strong enough or if the hot air rejection from within the engine bay is not effective enough, but AC simply 'giving up' and just the cabin blower fan only working - points to something wrong. Such a problem is unheard of, in general, in any vehicle.

When the engine load becomes super high - climbing up a steep ghat section under heavy load or driving super aggressively at insane speeds in hot weather - the engine ECU itself will ask the AC compressor to turn off, and it happens automatically, without any change in controls from inside the cabin.

But that is not the case here, it's a crawl in a traffic jam. AC cooling is NOT SUPPOSED TO be just 'giving up'. Either the radiator fan relay is kaput or something or something is wrong with the compressor. Whichever it is, totally unexpected behavior.
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 07:47   #364

Hi BHPians,

I am here to share my driving experiences with our brand new Slavia, we booked the Style AT 1.0 TSI for my wife on women's day - 8th Mar'22 and the car was delivered to us on 25th Mar'22.
Skoda Slavia Review-img_0731.jpg
We had to compromise on the colour for a quick delivery, got white instead of red. The same day after a puja at the temple, we were off for a 10 day long road trip starting from Hyderabad. We were 5 adults with a kid for the trip.
Skoda Slavia Review-img_0748.jpg

Our travel route was Hyderabad-Bengaluru-Coimbatore-Ooty-Mysore-Bengaluru-Hyderabad. The car was put to test on all kinds of terrains - highways, ghats (uphill & down), gravel roads, kacha roads, muddy roads - thanks to the rains on the Nilgiris. They offered the much needed break for us from the raising mercury levels in Hyderabad.

A week after returning from the KA & KL trip, we took off on another long drive on the following easter weekend. This time it was a religious trip to Maharastra, the travel route was Hyderabad-Aurangabad-Shiridi-Kolhapur-Solapur-Hyderabad. The roads on offer were nothing great, except for the new highway connecting Kolhapur & Solapur all other roads were typical Indian roads

Let me establish the fact that I have been a MSL cars user thus far. Had a Baleno diesel in 2016, bought an Alto K10 AMT for my wife in 2018, exchanged the Baleno for a Brezza AT diesel in 2019, exchanged the Alto for Slavia and continue to use the Brezza for my daily office commute in Hyderabad. Most of you might have already guessed that I would have experienced a world of change, no denying that fact, yes I did. I was blown away by the sheer comfort and confidence the car offered while driving.

Now coming to my observations:
1. The inside of the Slavia felt a lot quieter - the engine noise and the outside traffic noises were barely audible when I jacked up the music volume to 15.
2. The infotainment system on offer in the Slavia felt a lot premium compared to the ones in MSL cars.
3. The cruise control option was game changing and provided that additional comfort while on the highways.
4. However the auto climate control and AC vents at the rear weren't great and the rear part of the cabin felt a tab bit hotter and thus uncomfortable sitting for long durations.
5. The braking response and the lane assist systems on the car work perfectly in tandem and ensure the passengers feel no major jerks even if the brakes are floored suddenly - slowing down effortlessly in the same lane.
6. The suspension and the feedback I used to get on the steering were quite confidence inducing and never made me feel worried even on gravel & kacha roads with sizeable pot holes.
7. My driving speeds varied from 80KMPH to 100KMPH, the car returned on an average 12-13 KMPL mileage for both the trips. With disciplined driving in the city with less traffic, it should return better number I believe.

All said and done, I am having a lot fun and enjoying driving the Slavia.
Now that we have two cars in the parking - Brezza & Slavia, My daughter says lets take the Soda (instead of Skoda) out today.
Skoda Slavia Review-img_1033.jpg

Thanks for your time.
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-img_4499.jpg  

ranjith86 is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 14:22   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith86 View Post
We had to compromise on the colour for a quick delivery, got white instead of red.
Congratulations on your new Slavia wish you many many miles in this car

I have booked a Red Slavia more than a month ago but somehow the company isn't manufacturing any colour other than white right now or so it seems because the dealer that I have booked the car through is telling me this (JMD Auto, Thane) They have white in stock ready for delivery but inspite of having 8-10 orders with majority payment done for colour other than white they aren't receiving the same from the company plant. Has anyone else faced similar issues for their delivery?
Old 27th April 2022, 20:04   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahil_29 View Post

I have booked a Red Slavia more than a month ago but somehow the company isn't manufacturing any colour other than white right now or so it seems because the dealer that I have booked the car through is telling me this (JMD Auto, Thane) They have white in stock ready for delivery but inspite of having 8-10 orders with majority payment done for colour other than white they aren't receiving the same from the company plant. Has anyone else faced similar issues for their delivery?
Hey Rahil_29,

Congrats on your booking.

Yes i faced the similar issue when I booked mine though my color was carbon steel.

At that time the dealer was more focused on selling me blue and grey apparently because he had them ready. From what I know they place an order against the advances / payments received and they must have placed your order the day you paid the booking amount. And because of this whole semiconductor thing and higher then expected bookings of Slavia, this issue is their.

Though I was in the initial lots to book my car in Delhi ( Aryaveer Skoda) even my car was delivered after 35-40 days ( this was when bookings were not much) and i was enquiring almost every 2nd day.

I would suggest you stay in touch with your SA, keep calling him every now and then, you should get your vehicle soon else if you can compromise or if you like Carbon Steel Color, You should just give it a try. It looks stunning though Red is sexy as hell.

Wish you get your car tomorrow brother.
Ayush_atish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 20:14   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahil_29 View Post

I have booked a Red Slavia more than a month ago but somehow the company isn't manufacturing ...
I was about the post asking things on a similar line & saw your post; what timing! I booked Red Slavia 1.5 DSG on March 21st with committed delivery in 4-5 weeks. The 6th week is running & there is no news on the delivery. My follow-ups on WhatsApp have not elicited any response from the SA (not happy about this). Last week the SA assured me that my car will be delivered in the 1st or max 2nd week of May. But he had provided the same assurance when I booked the car with him, so doubtful this time. Initially, I had booked with another dealer but canceled it and switched to the current dealer. Maybe I should have kept both the booking alive & took delivery from whoever provided the car earlier. It's frustrating.
amit1agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 20:25   #368
BHPian

It looks like Skoda didn't expected much demand for Slavia 1.5 so they didn't produce enough. Here is a Tweet from Zac.

Name:  Screenshot 20220427 at 8.21.50 PM.png
Views: 1894
Size:  44.6 KB

Some parts for 1.5 TSI are sourced from Ukraine.
Name:  Screenshot 20220427 at 8.29.10 PM.png
Views: 1880
Size:  63.6 KB

He booked 1.5 TSI in 21st Nov 2021 & still not got it!

Name:  Screenshot 20220427 at 8.23.23 PM.png
Views: 1907
Size:  48.9 KB

Last edited by amit1agrawal : 27th April 2022 at 20:32.
Old 29th April 2022, 19:22   #369
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Does the Kushaq/Taigun/Slavia/Virtus (basically all MQB-A0-IN vehicles) come with a rear ARB (anti roll bar) , alongwith the rear torsion beam ?
Old 29th April 2022, 21:08   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
More than a year back, a test drive of Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI just blew me away, as I had only slightly above average expectations as I own a Honda City 1.5 ivtec. The only reason which was pulling me back from even test driving a Skoda Rapid was the thought of 'downgrading to a 1 litre from a 1.5 litre', but boy that 1.0 TSI is some black magic. Just one test drive made me buy a Skoda Rapid 1 year back, I did not even consider the lack of space compared to my Honda City. I am loving each and every drives in my Rapid now, the way it picks up speed is insane for a 1 litre. Driving my Honda City seems like driving a much less powerful car. Now you may be thinking 'so you don't like your Honda City anymore'? I still love my City, the top end is still unmatchable fun. The way these two engines deliver fun is different, we just need to understand their capabilities and weak points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by divyadeeptsi View Post
True ! I totally agree.

I have driven almost every other car under 25 lacs, and there is hardly any other car available that pulls in mid/top end like the 1 ltr tsi polo or rapid does. On highways it’s a point and shoot game, hardly any car is able to keep up if one uses the right pedal generously

This engine is truly in a league of its own, especially for those who bought Polo/Rapid the pricing was very competitive for car with such a mighty engine. Newer cars aka MQBIN are slightly slower in 1.0 TSI Avtar due to higher weight, and not as VFM too.
I have the exact same feeling as you two guys, I own a Rapid 1.5 TDi, and have also driven Rapid 1.6 MPI, Polo 1.2 TSI,1.5 TDI previously. When the Rapid 1.0 came a year back, I didn't have high hopes for it. Having driven the Rapid MPI I thought to myself ' its just an 1 litre 3 cylinder, won't be as fun as my 1.5 TDi , but let's just give it a shot.' Man that was just bonkers !! I floored the gas pedal and instantly it pushed me back into my seat as the car zoomed forward with such smoothness and easiness. That performance was explosive and it easily reached high speeds without much effort. The rock solid stability of Rapid complemented the engine well and it begged to be pushed hard. I was so impressed by it that I got tempted to buy another Rapid with 1.0 TSI after driving it, but couldn't back then. my friend who also owns a Rapid 1.5 TDI wanted a hatchback. After hearing my reviews ,he did a TD of Polo 1.0 TSI and booked it instantly. No car below 25L matched the fun to drive quotient of these cars back then in 2020.

Fast forward to today, I Test drove the Slavia 1.0 MT, but it didn't feel the same. It didn't have the same Handling characteristics of the Rapid/Polo and it didn't have the rock solid stability feel. The car was picking up speed but it didn't feel as fun as the former duo. The steering felt light and there was not much feeling of connection. It didn't even feel like a proper VAG car to me but more like a better City/ Verna. That distinct driving feel was not there.

VAG has spoiled me with their driving dynamics, so my next car would definitely be a German. I guess, if I wanted a car today under 20L, I would rather buy a pre owned Rapid/ Polo 1.0 TSI instead of newer Slavia/ Virtus or move up the ladder and buy a pre owned car from one of the big three Germans. Just my personal opinion.
Old 2nd May 2022, 07:46   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda has launched the Kushaq Active Peace variant below the current lowest Active Variant. It is priced 1 lakh less than Active - At 9.99 lakhs ex-showroom. The only thing it misses out from the Active is the touchscreen music system and speakers.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...99-lakh-424316

I would not at all be surprised if Skoda launches a Slavia Active Peace variant at 9.99 lakhs soon, following the same strategy. To gain volumes, the group needs a presence below 10 lakhs mark, as the Polo has now been discontinued. Otherwise Skoda and VW may remain a niche player. Eventually we should expect stripped down variants of Taigun and Virtus as well, selling below 10 lakhs. I do expect a Slavia Rider to come at mouth watering price soon, just like the Rapid Rider launched earlier.

The heavy investment made in MQB-A0 IN need to be recouped and this can be done only if the group is able to sell a good volume of cars. Once the customers willing to pay at the layer of pricing (Style variants etc) have been creamed off, the group can think of making their MQB cars available at a decent profit over the marginal cost of production of each unit.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 15:48   #372
BHPian

Hi guys,
Took delivery of my Skoda Slavia 1.5 TSI MT in Crystal blue from PPS Skoda Sadashivnagar, Bangalore. Overall process was smooth, but we're still not out of the woods in regard to the BH registration. I'm planning to drive from Bangalore to Jalandhar this weekend. It's around 3000 kms, and will do it over 3-4 days. Any tips for the route? Here are a few pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-20220503_142536.jpg  

Skoda Slavia Review-20220503_140827.jpg  

Skoda Slavia Review-20220503_141439.jpg  

fulcrum29 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 17:23   #373
BHPian

I’ve picked up my Slavia 1.0 Style AT in Hyderabad. Odo was 25kms at the time of delivery. The delivery process was very smooth and received the car within 5 days of booking! Extremely lucky in that regard!

After driving the 1.0 vs 1.5, felt power was adequate in 1.0 and didn’t feel underpowered. Coming from Abarth i can definitely tell the lack of power. However, the convenience of smooth shifting AT made it an easy decision.

Drove for 130+ kms so far and it has been very good so far in 100% city conditions with bad to worse traffic. Overall mileage as per the trip meter is 10, I’m positive it should fetch better mileage after a few more kms on the board.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-fa098d4c515a420ca351c82d8f5afb8a.jpeg  

Skoda Slavia Review-b27feea55a3a4503b98deb82ae0749f6.jpeg  

punto_ is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 17:53   #374
BHPian

Dear Members,

I bought a Skoda Slavia Ambition AT too for my wife on 25th March and am thoroughly happy with the car so far. It definitely lacks the raw European solid feel like in my Polo & T-Roc but ticks most of the boxes as a very balanced product. I shortlisted i20 Asta-O (booked), XUV 3OO AMT, S-Cross AT, and Verna SX-O IVT but canceled the i20 booking as soon as prices were out realizing that I can get a much better car with just 2.50 lacs difference. Yes, 6 airbags are a big miss as compared to i20 Asta-O though.

As told by many members above, Slavia ticks all the boxes as a family car, and all variants are very well equipped. It feels better built than other sedans in the segment, space is something we never associated with passenger VW/Skoda cars but this one has acres of space in the cabin and boot, plastics mostly feel good and they don't creak like my handles in T-Roc, Ambition AT variant that cost me 15 lacs OTR in Ludhiana is very well equipped with safety features, 16" alloys, 8 speakers, 10 inches Infotainment sharp screen, wireless Android-iOS connectivity, off-line Maps, Valet Mode, 5 adjustable headrests, cruise control, steering mounted controls and fog lamps. I understand that City and Verna are slightly better equipped but we do need to consider that Slavia has 1.0 Turbo Engine (TSI) and better transmission technology. (Torque Converter).

The suspension feels very balanced on the bad roads but deep potholes do feel inside with a 'THUD' sound as if the wheels had a free fall and no shock was absorbed. 1.0 TSI feels faster till 80 kmph as compared to T-Roc's 1.5 TSI. With 5 passengers on board, you do feel the difference in the performance slightly which is not the case with 1.5 TSI. The gearbox is smooth on low & high speeds and has a micro second jerk as compared to DSG which definitely won't be noticeable if you have never driven a DCT/DSG. NVH levels are well controlled and I found the cabin more silent as compared to my cousin's Vento 1.0 TSI. Body roll is negligible till 40-50 kmph.

However, there are some grey areas that I would like Skoda to take care at least in the Style variant if not all. The underbody layout isn't as neat & polished as Vento/Rapid/Polo, anti-rust coating in the skirting area feels cheap and untidy, doors feel 15 percent lighter as compared to Rapid, the opening latch sounds cheap and door thud isn't a THUD anymore, 'peen' horn feels cheap, no rolling up/down windows with key, no one-touch up/down windows for the passengers, thin sun visors, no bonnet insulation & under-engine protection and missing modern features like 360-degree camera & Lane-keep assist.

But, I feel happy that instead of giving up, Skoda/VW are trying their best to ramp up their portfolio with some really competitive products coping with the requirements of an average Indian buyer. This car definitely has the scope for improvements to appeal larger audience and compete in a finer way with City/Verna.
Sunderdeep is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 21:16   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum29 View Post
Hi guys,
Took delivery of my Skoda Slavia 1.5 TSI MT in Crystal blue from PPS Skoda Sadashivnagar, Bangalore. Overall process was smooth, but we're still not out of the woods in regard to the BH registration. I'm planning to drive from Bangalore to Jalandhar this weekend. It's around 3000 kms, and will do it over 3-4 days. Any tips for the route? Here are a few pics...
Blue and white painted bricks, neatly marked road markings of an Air Force mess and the handle 'fulcrum29'. I'm guessing you're a MIG 29 pilot! Congratulations on your buy. With the 1.5, you can fly on the ground as well
firstguri is offline   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks