Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2023, 00:03   #421
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Here are my mileage numbers: XL6 6AT
On the highway, I get around 18-20 easy (I cruise at around 80-100). City, I get anywhere from 5-10. These are the numbers that I see on the app. I have not done tank to tank yet.

I’ve attached my recent trip here.

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_4633.png

Last edited by ashwin1397 : 20th May 2023 at 00:07. Reason: Adding screenshot
ashwin1397 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 11:37   #422

Has anyone booked and received XL6 Alpha Plus AT dual tone in Chennai? How long did it take for you to receive the car from the date of booking? Who is the dealer?
Old 28th May 2023, 07:32   #423
BHPian

My XL6 just completed its 3rd service and so far the ODO has just crossed 10k KM.
I live in Bangalore, the average I get is around 14 KMPL.

On the highways I average around 18 - 22 KMPL.

I am a light footed driver though.

Last edited by Fillmore : 28th May 2023 at 07:33.
Fillmore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 08:57   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhasa View Post
Has anyone booked and received XL6 Alpha Plus AT dual tone in Chennai? How long did it take for you to receive the car from the date of booking? Who is the dealer?
I took delivery of ZETA AT in HP ( March 2023). Apparently, AT cars are made on demand only and it took them a month post my "YES" for the car. Transportation took 3-4 days which might be more for you.

Would suggest to keep a 3 months buffer but they should be able to deliver in second month if there are enough pending orders for XL6. MSIL typically accepts orders twice in a month from dealers & depending upon number of order, manufacturing line is adjusted. Again my info is based on my interaction with my SA .
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 09:09   #425
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhasa View Post
I understand XL6 is manufactured at Manesar plant. I had placed my order at the manesar dealer but still after about 2 months there was no clarity on delivery date for Alpha plus AT dual tone. The dealer says dual tone is rare and not regularly manufactured so after a lot of noise I changed my booking to single tone and got it delivered in 3 days (it came fresh from the plant).

My learning, dual tone commitment from dealer may not work, but single tone may come within a month. Guess that is why dual toned are very rare to see on road, Maruti is struggling to paint it!.
SLK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 09:44   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
My XL6 just completed its 3rd service and so far the ODO has just crossed 10k KM
What all is done in 3rd free service? Mine is also due in few weeks, crossed just 3.5k so not expecting much but want to know what are mandatory stuff in 3rd service
Old 29th May 2023, 16:32   #427

Our "GROGU" 2022 Maruti XL6 AT Review (Alpha/Splendid Silver)

Been a longtime reader of Team-BHP and I have only recently joined the forum. Here's to my first post as well as my first car!

TRIP SUMMARY:
The 2022 Facelift XL6 is a "Jack of All / Master of None" in most departments, yet we still decided to go for it. One area where it holds a trump card is SPACE & you get loads of it. SPACE and a SMOOTH ENGINE inside a car are non negotiables for me and my wife.

With approximately 6000 Kms on the Odometer it was finally time to do a initial ownership report.

- Elegant presence & design from most angles. Splendid silver color is easy to maintain and pleasant to the eye.

- Efficient petrol engine with convenient & reliable torque converter 6 speed AT. Paddle Shifters are there for some control.

- Well tuned suspension suited to Indian road conditions.

- Spacious captain seat layout means four people can travel like Kings & Queens.

- Humongous boot space with 3rd row 50:50 split full flat foldable seats.

- Cruise Control is a highway bliss.

- Single USB A type & 3 well located 12 Volt sockets. Phone connectivity was wired at time of delivery (Nov 22), currently upgraded to wireless Android Auto in the second service.

- DRLs, Headlamps in low/high beam offer good dawn/night visibility.
Works well for city and highway conditions.

- Tilt & telescopic steering in combination with driver seat height adjustment allow for accurate driving position to be set, 360-degree camera works well in low light / night conditions, UV and IR cut glasses which help control the heating of the cabin.

DISLIKES:
- Engine mainly designed with sedate cruising in mind. I wouldn’t want to attempt any major overtake manoeuvres with this engine and transmission. Out on the Mumbai Pune Expressway, you feel a little outgunned, the grunt seems lacking. Thankfully neither of us attended "Top Gun" flight school.

- Engine bay is open to the ground from bottom, this always feels very scary.

- Interior quality is just OK. MID almost feels Retro, No sense of premium anywhere, one miss is a cooled glovebox, the cooled cup holders aren’t of much use in a practical sense.

- 3rd-row is only kid friendly, 2nd-row doesn't tumble forward, making ingress / egress for 3rd row tricky.
Also 2nd-row seats don’t fold fully flat like the 3rd row, this would have increased the boot capacity/modularity by miles. I still manage to carry my full-size Hybrid cycle in the back along with lots of other luggage.

- Steering response sometimes feels vague, it also need a firm touch and both hands at the wheel to get a response.

- Brakes do feel spongy in certain situations. Monsoons will be testing times.

- AC blowers specially in Auto AC mode tend to get a bit noisy.

- Driver side A Pillar does creates a blind spot specifically at certain angles in a car where otherwise visibility is good overall.

- Ride quality though great over a variety of road terrain, over certain speed breakers the rear wheels tend to jump high if you don’t slow down enough. Overall GC is good and fingers crossed haven't scrapped the underbody yet.

- In start stop city traffic, D mode, the engine seems to drop revs as soon as one leaves the A pedal, there is disengaging and re-engaging of the drive off & on throttle, this is perceptible. The car seems to accelerate even though your foot is off the A pedal, feels scary but you get used to it…

INTRODUCTION:
For as long as I can remember I was a cycle guy...
The pandemic gave me a very unexpected opportunity to connect with cars. During the 2021 Covid second lockdown my older brother’s 13-year-old Hyundai i10 Auto, had suddenly landed on our doorsteps. My brother had purchased a 2021 Kia Seltos CVT and had no place to park the second car. Having never driven a car till my early Forties I was quite reluctant to learn driving. Also having a left knee injury, I had always stayed away from manual transmission cars, the Hyundai i10 being a 4 speed automatic, made my driving initiation much easier. It seemed to be the perfect car for crowded Mumbai city conditions, parking could be done in small corners.

Both me and my wife drove the Hyundai i10 for a full year, but age had begun to catch up with the car and we knew we would have to contemplate a change. Family decisions made us shift from Western Suburbs of Mumbai to Navi Mumbai in October 2022.
Finally, it was decided to upgrade to a new car and the search started in earnest.

SELECTION CRITERIA:
Hatchbacks & Sedans were not considered due to various reasons.
A modular MUV format would be our preferred choice.

Most importantly, it had to be a comfortable and spacious car. Me and my wife equally split driving duties and are quite sedate in our styles. Modular adjustments to driving position would be really appreciated.
Torque Converter Auto gear box would be preferred, we were also open to CVT transmissions. Auto transmission was a key requirement as my left knee injury doesn’t encourage me to use manual transmission.
Although the car would be used and driven by me and my wife, we regularly take our parents and our nephew out in the middle row. So overall seat comfort in all positions was a must. We both prefer captain seats rather than the bench format.
The car would be used mainly for regular Navi Mumbai to Western Suburbs trips (mostly highway use) with mixed traffic patterns so fuel economy was an important requirement.
We also have plans for longer highway-based road trips.

With such objectives we set an initial budget range of 10 lacs to 15 Lacs OTR. We started the process of talking to dealers and the initial TDs were lined up in the following order.

Renault : If the Triber would be available in a CVT or TC AT, this would have been our first choice as it would have been budget friendly. The Triber AMT, never felt smooth. But loved the modularity in design and suspension on the Triber. Kiger CVT was TDed and was a serious contender but felt too cramped for space.

Kia : Carens (Prestige Plus DCT). This was a strong contender but for the deterrence of a long wait time and budget constraints. Also the general lack of interest shown by Kia staff made me uncomfortable. It was a close call eventually between the Carens and the XL6.

Maruti : Actually it was the Brezza which was TDs first.
The 2022 XL6 I had only been reading about and ended up as a wildcard, but a detailed 2nd TD in Navi Mumbai left a lasting impression, especially the amount of space and sense of volume on offer. The 6 speed TC AT also complements our driving style.

MG : Astor was given due considerations but there were too many unknowns.

Nissan : Magnite was also TDed and there was tough competition between the Magnite and the Kiger CVT, overall felt cramped specially in the footwell area.

Volkswagen : Taigun. This was another strong contender, the engine felt great, the engineering felt solid, but the interior felt like they were in the 1980s and prices were of 2022.

BOOKING / DEALERSHIP / DELIVERY EXPERIENCE:
Diwali 2022, was almost over as we started contemplating the financials of a 15+L purchase & finally settled on the XL6 Petrol Automatic Alpha Variant (Splendid Silver).

The initial booking amount was paid to NEXA Nerul (Automotive Manufactures Pvt Ltd) on 22nd Oct 2022 and we were told to expect a delivery approximately 4 weeks later.
After a few follow up calls / reminders finally we were updated by the Nexa Nerul TL Rupesh Dighe, that our car would be ready for in hand delivery on the 17th November subject to completion of all payment and RTO formalities.
Final On Road Price was INR 16,65,508./- (Insurance (1+3), RTO Tax Registration, Nexa Extended Warranty, Accessories listed below, Fast Tag included on Nov 22).

Overall experience with Nexa Nerul has generally been very positive.

Accessories fitted at time of delivery were as follows:
All Weather 3D Mats
3D Dicky Mat
Door Visor
Illuminated NEXA Door Sill Guard
Rear Trunk Spoiler (Splendid Silver)
Door Edge Guard Metallic
Bumper Corner Protectors (Carbon Finish)
Antirust Coating

"GROGU - This is the Way...":
Being fans of the "STAR WARS" universe, we have fondly named our XL6 as "GROGU" after the cutest character from the Disney + series "The Mandalorian".

Initial few days we were spent getting to grips with GROGU. Ahhh… that fresh smell of a new car.
Switching from a compact i10 to a longer than 4 meter car, did entail a learning curve. Now we were truly enjoying this foundling.

Initially short rides in and around Navi Mumbai gave us the confidence to take GROGU on its first Mumbai Pune Expressway trip in end November on occasion of a family trip to Karla. This was the first longish drive with four occupants, which we thoroughly enjoyed.

The most important complement a car could get is when its middle row occupants come back for more. Time and again my parents and my nephew who suffers from motion sickness choose to ride in GROGU's middle row captain seats instead of the back bench of my brothers Kia Seltos CVT.

Mid December was scheduled date for the first free service, which was done in my absence, total distance covered 800 kms. Due to work, I was outstation during the first service and this one was handled by my wife.
One particular issue which occurred during the First Service and which has since never been resolved is that the Dealership transferred my mobile numbers registration on the Suzuki Connect App to that of my wife mobiles number.
For some reason no one has been able to reset this to my number and sadly we are unable to use the Suzuki Connect App.

Work assignments kept me outstation and away from GROGU till mid February 2023. In my absence GROGU was driven sparingly, and the odometer didn’t see much change.
Since Feb 23, we have clocked around 6000 Kms, mostly a mix of many Navi Mumbai – Western Suburbs trips, a few longer drives to Konkan and Pune region.

Car Accessories added since Feb 23,
Black & Decker Tyre Inflator and I meticulously check tyre pressure on weekly basis when the tyres are cold. (The Alpha variant does not get TPMS).

ShineXPro Microfiber Car Cleaning Cloth and Wash Mitt Kit.
Shine ShineXPro Foam Sprayer with shampoo.

Wavex Car Cleaning Kit with Carnauba Wax, Dashboard Polish, Scratch Remover compound, Premium Microfiber Cloth and Ultra Fine Foam Applicators.

A stool which folds fully flat, this allows us to raise height so as to access the roof/rails section and front windscreen glass for cleaning purposes.

As you can imagine from these, we both have an OCD for car care & hygiene. Saturday / Sunday or any free time is usually spent washing, shampooing, waxing and polishing the car, specially after a long drive. Thankfully we have a covered but well-ventilated car parking area where we can do this at liesure.

Mid April 23, just short of 5000 Kms on the odometer, I got the second free service. At times I felt a slight sluggishness in GROGU, exact nature of this is difficult to explain but mentioned this to my SA.
Paid Rs 1650 for a wheel balance & wheel alignment process as recommended by the SA.
The software on the Infotainment system was updated and we can now use Wireless Android Auto.
I had asked the NEXA Nerul team during second service to help fix an engine guard or net cover for open engine bay area, but in their opinion, this is not necessary.
Also tried resetting the Suzuki Connect App to my mobile number, but despite many efforts we still haven't successfully managed to do this.
After the second service GROGU is sprightly again.

Two other immediate purchases on the horizon:
External or Internal TPMS: My mind tells me to go for an external one which I can self-install and use in combination with a Two-Way Valve for External TPMS.
Air filling and tyre pressure checks are done at home itself.
Please share your valuable thoughts /experiences on this and products recommended.

Dual Channel Dashcam: Mostly narrowing down on the 70mai A500S Pro Plus+ Dual Channel DashCam or the Viofo A129 DUO DUAL CHANNEL 5GHZ WI-FI GPS FULL HD, again counting on your opinions on these.

We still haven’t got any plans for a ceramic treatment or plans for any PPF procedure.

The bond between us and GROGU is getting dearer… the drives longer…hoping to do a Navi Mumbai Hampi Vijayapura (Bijapur) drive with the onset of monsoon.

Till then "May The Force Be With You" all at Team BHP.

Now that you have sat through my teaser & trailer.
Stay tuned for an upcoming feature presentation where I deep dive into GROGU experiences...

Leaving you all with some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-grogu-front.jpg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-grogu-side.jpg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-grogu-rear-.jpg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-grogu-boot.jpg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-grogu-dash.jpg  

Vicks79 is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 13:18   #428
BHPian

"Approve of this review, I do."
- Yoda

Congratulations Vicks79 on your impeccably maintained XL6 and wish you and Grogu many happy miles together! Best wishes!

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 30th May 2023 at 13:20.
digitalnirvana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 15:05   #429
BHPian

Congratulations Vicks79!
I like this colour of your XL6. I wish you many happy miles.
Happy Motoring Ahead!
YashOjha15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 16:06   #430
BHPian

XL6 is the perfect one-car-garage choice for most Indian families. And the proof of that is the sheer number of XL6s we can see on the roads after the tire upsize & other updates in 2022.

The value it delivers for the size on offer is amazing and so is your detailed review and the steel colour that makes the car look fresh always.

It truly is an under dog and a more affordable, user-friendly Innova alternative for middle-class families. Wishing you lots of happy miles ahead!
TejasV is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 20:17   #431

Re: Our "GROGU" 2022 Maruti XL6 AT Review (Alpha/Splendid Silver)

Very well written, thanks. Liked the name "Grogu".

Was ceramic coating ever in your mind? I see that you probably have not done that.
santhasa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 23:17   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks79 View Post

TRIP SUMMARY:
The 2022 Facelift XL6 is a "Jack of All / Master of None" in most departments, yet we still decided to go for it. One area where it holds a trump card is SPACE & you get loads of it. SPACE and a SMOOTH ENGINE inside a car are non negotiables for me and my wife.
Nice write up. Appreciate your passion and patience shown while penning this. I had one sore point while driving this car albeit for one full day. My shoe size is 10 and I felt like the tip of my shoes was fouling with the plastics in the pedal area every time I tried to lift my leg off the accelerator. At times in traffic this was unnerving. Did this happen to you anytime?
Old 31st May 2023, 07:51   #433

Hi Gopa99,
I have an equally worse situation. I wear Size UK 12 or UK 11 (brand dependent), apart from the fact that I rarely get good shoes in India, I hardly have any space in the footwell, right side of the A pedal.
I barely manage to depress the A pedal fully due to this.
The footwell wall rises sharply at an angle, very close to the A pedal. I think this is a problem mainly for people like us with larger foot sizes.
My wife does not complain about this.
Old 31st May 2023, 08:11   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
Nice write up. Appreciate your passion and patience shown while penning this. I had one sore point while driving this car albeit for one full day. My shoe size is 10 and I felt like the tip of my shoes was fouling with the plastics in the pedal area every time I tried to lift my leg off the accelerator. At times in traffic this was unnerving. Did this happen to you anytime?
For what it’s worth, my shoe size is 12, hasn’t happened with me yet. Done 14000 km in 6 months so far.
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 10:25   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks79 View Post
B
Two other immediate purchases on the horizon:
External or Internal TPMS: My mind tells me to go for an external one which I can self-install and use in combination with a Two-Way Valve for External TPMS.
Air filling and tyre pressure checks are done at home itself.
Please share your valuable thoughts /experiences on this and products recommended.
Excellent write-up and a great choice to buy xl6. Regarding tpms, i have got the internal skyshop TPMS and it's accurate and battery backup is also great. I got it from Amazon. IMHO, Although the external ones are great, the problems arise while air filling as you have to carry the tool loosen the locknut to remove the sensor and fill and vice versa.
Sunny_7937 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks