Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2022, 22:40   #346
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I got mine, just had to change the colour to a more common one (Blue) (and single tone). Got it delivered fairly quickly post that.
Congratulations!

I heard that the new Brezza got wireless Android Auto and Apple Car Play over an OTA update. Any idea if the XL6 will get it too?
Old 25th December 2022, 10:39   #347
BHPian

Hi,

Been looking at Ertiga/XL6duo for my next car. I did have a couple of questions in order to finalize between the two.

I know I don't want captain seats in middle row, but I like a lot of the things Xl 6 had over Ertiga, like the uv glasses, 16 inch wheels, looks of the car.

Now my question is can I buy XL 6 and retro fit a bench in middle seat either at dealer or car accessories dealers, without causing issues in Insurance, warranty, etc? Has anyone done this, and what would it cost if possible?

On the flip side, adding 16in wheels is not an issue to Ertiga, but I could not find if it's possible to add UV glasses, ventilated seats, 360 degree camera to Ertiga? Has anyone done or seen these type of customization done to Ertiga?

Thanks

Last edited by yaleen : 25th December 2022 at 10:40. Reason: Grammer
Old 25th December 2022, 22:53   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1397 View Post
I heard that the new Brezza got wireless Android Auto and Apple Car Play over an OTA update. Any idea if the XL6 will get it too?
My Maruti service center engineer told me that during their 2022 XL6 launch training, he was informed that new XL6 will get Wireless Android Auto.

So I am hopeful that he understood the message correctly during training, and we will get Wireless Android Auto sooner or later. Fingers crossed
India2022 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 22:23   #349
BHPian

On my long drives, I’m getting a “Service TPMS” on the instrument cluster. It goes away after a short while. Is anybody else facing this?
Old 1st January 2023, 01:19   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post
Hi,

Been looking at Ertiga/XL6duo for my next car. I did have a couple of questions in order to finalize between the two.

I know I don't want captain seats in middle row, but I like a lot of the things Xl 6 had over Ertiga, like the uv glasses, 16 inch wheels, looks of the car.

Now my question is can I buy XL 6 and retro fit a bench in middle seat either at dealer or car accessories dealers, without causing issues in Insurance, warranty, etc? Has anyone done this, and what would it cost if possible?

On the flip side, adding 16in wheels is not an issue to Ertiga, but I could not find if it's possible to add UV glasses, ventilated seats, 360 degree camera to Ertiga? Has anyone done or seen these type of customization done to Ertiga?

Thanks
There is an option of a middle seat that can be added to XL6. But it is makeshift. Only a child can manage. It doesn't fit and moves when you push back. There is no other option available in the market. Having said that, XL6 and Ertiga are very different cars. Ertiga feels cramped, suspension is not that great and also the looks are mediocre at best. XL6 on the other hand is much more premium. Noise isolation, suspension, looks , space are far better than Ertiga. So, middle seat should not be the the only thing that you should consider while making this decision. That's my 2 cents. Cheers!!

Last edited by Pras92003 : 1st January 2023 at 01:22.
Pras92003 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 12:18   #351
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pras92003 View Post
Having said that, XL6 and Ertiga are very different cars.
I agree, just like Rapid and Vento, looks and feels similar but very different. Ertiga is like the middle trim of Vento with no LED lights, while XL6 is the Rapid black edition. So basically the interior feel of black makes it different and those LED lights too.

Quote:
Ertiga feels cramped, suspension is not that great and also the looks are mediocre at best.
Compare Crysta, Hexa bench seat vs captain seat trims and the bench seat one feels cramped if you look from the third row. but the suspension and other mechanical bits are exactly the same.

But yes, the ride quality certainly changes between 20:00 and 00:00 of 31st December. In fact people even confuse Innova for Ertiga after 00:00.

Quote:
Noise isolation, suspension, looks , space are far better than Ertiga. So, middle seat should not be the the only thing that you should consider while making this decision.
These things aren't practically possible bro, we understand your love for your possession or your choice but I am sure that you are yet to experience both of them together. IT is like saying Glanza is better than Baleno because its a Toyota and Toyota standards are higher - but it isn't. Same way XL6 is an Ertiga with added masala to make it pricier.

Quote:
That's my 2 cents. Cheers!!
Currency certainly is depreciated then!
VKumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 12:23   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
These things aren't practically possible bro, we understand your love for your possession or your choice but I am sure that you are yet to experience both of them together
I indeed have. I get an Ertiga for my office commute almost everyday. That's where the comparison is coming from. For me, it's a big difference in ever aspect. Even mechanically there is a difference is what I read somewhere. Many parts are different. Dimension wise also XL6 is bigger in everway except the wheelbase which ofcourse is similar Try it out once yourself. Cheers.

Last edited by Pras92003 : 1st January 2023 at 12:33.
Old 1st January 2023, 12:41   #353
BHPian

Is anyone aware of or explored possibility of removing XL6 captain seats and retrofit the middle bench from Ertiga?
mohan41 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 14:56   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
These things aren't practically possible bro, we understand your love for your possession or your choice but I am sure that you are yet to experience both of them together.
Appreciate your opinion, but here's what I think of. The Older versions of XL6 and Ertiga were very close to each other, to a point where their ride quality, suspension and mechanical bits were largely same. But it's not the case anymore.

-The newer XL6 has better noise insulation than older model and current Ertiga and this feeling is due to slightly thicker glass panels, everything else remains same. I own a 2020 XL6 which has all it's glasses changed to UV+IR Cut as in New XL6, and this change was very noticeable to me. It was so bad in the older model that I had this habit of checking if any window was down, that thankfully was solved to a large extent post glass change. Heck, the normal glass was thinner than the specimens on my old 800!

-Again, suspension is vastly different now in the Newer XL6 due to revised tyre size and dampers. Suspension in newer Ertiga(2022 FL) is also revised and it's something far better than Older Ertiga/XL6. Between 2022 Ertiga and 2022 XL6, the XL6 feels slightly stiffly sprung. Also compared to 15" setup on Old Ertiga/XL6/New Ertiga, the XL6 rides slightly higher.

-Feeling of space vs Ertiga: As you rightly pointed out, it's due to the full size middle seat because of which third row in Ertiga feels cramped while the XL6 feels airy, despite having all black interiors.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 01:58   #355
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I had experienced engine start-stop in Maruti's Manual transmission cars earlier and it worked fine!, but now with my XL6 AT, I just don't seem to see the purpose of the way its implemented, unless I'm missing it completely.

The engine is stopped only when brake pedal is depressed and is kept that way, even if the car is in N or P. If a car is stopped at a 2mins traffic signal, should I keep the brake pressed for 2 mins, to keep the engine off! this is impractical.

Is there any other way to use this system in an AT? The owner's manual isn't very clear.

If in N, they should let it be off, without break, or maybe with handbrake, what's the use if brake has to be pressed even in N!

It is actually so stupid that while going over speed breakers, the engine stops and restarts, but almost never when it actually should, because I don't keep the brake pressed and shift it to N.

What am I missing?
SLK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 09:50   #356
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post

If in N, they should let it be off, without break, or maybe with handbrake, what's the use if brake has to be pressed even in N!

It is actually so stupid that while going over speed breakers, the engine stops and restarts, but almost never when it actually should, because I don't keep the brake pressed and shift it to N.

What am I missing?
What I do in the 2020 XL6 AT is that on longer stops (3 minute signals), I switch the transmission to N and then off the engine by using the Stop Engine button. This ensures that the Electronics continue functioning without any disruption and my feet get some rest too.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 16:24   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
My Maruti service center engineer told me that during their 2022 XL6 launch training, he was informed that new XL6 will get Wireless Android Auto.

So I am hopeful that he understood the message correctly during training, and we will get Wireless Android Auto sooner or later. Fingers crossed

Several others have mentioned that 2022 XL6 will get the wireless AA/CarPlay update, however I am not so sure. XL6 gets Smart play Pro system while Baleno/Brezza had Smartplay Pro +. The brochure for Baleno/Brezza also mentioned wireless AA/CarPlay while brochure of XL6 mentioned only AA/CarPlay. I thought the difference between Smartplay Pro and Pro Plus was the screen size and wireless feature.

Thank being said, I would not mind to be happily surprised

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd January 2023 at 16:46. Reason: typos
Old 14th January 2023, 00:26   #358
BHPian

After a long time since I posted a question in the Hyundai Xcent thread about deteriorating comfort on the not-so perfect roads, it's now that I really could check another one out.

I had my hand recently at two, Kia Seltos (solo drive) of my cousin. Also I did test drive XL6 (with family), as a potential buyer. The following are my observations and would like to hear your views on it. This is in comparison to my existing Hyundai Xcent, listed in the order of what I noticed and could differentiate in a short 7 Km round-trip around my home, in Fort Kochi, Kerala. This is a very frequent family circuit that we daily do, and has pretty ridiculous narrow and bad roads.

1. The 3rd row is really useful and comfortable even for not-so tall adults like me.

2. To reach there, rather than tumbling the seats half way and moving around which takes some effort, it's easier for us to sneak through the space between the 2nd row captain seats.

3. The car idling with it's air conditioner on is loud enough like other Maruti. Xcent is way more silent (even after 7 years).

4. The automatic gear do not seem to light up the engaged positional letters (P/R/N/D/M), but it shows up only in the MID. I found it hard to figure out whether I'm in reverse or forward without taking my eyes off the scene ahead. Need your feedback on this experience, as I never drove automatic (except for once in U.S, 10 years back) and just prior drive in Kia Seltos. In those, I could surely know which position it is in, but not in XL6. MID could tell the truth, but once in this short distance I had to negotiate a right turn, and then backup due to an oncoming vehicle from the single lane. The steering thus was in a turned position obstructing MID visibility. The problem is aggravated by the fact that reverse camera keeps engaged for some 'unknown' time even if you shift to D (forward) mode.

5. I like the fact that the that the camera stays on, coupled with the 360 degree camera even after you are out of reverse and crawling forward. But I'm yet to fully come to terms with the 360 degree camera. The screen is too busy for me being the first time at it. It seems to show green markers around vehicle corners and might help to avoid scraping. Just like reverse camera is an absolutely needed feature for me now, once I get used to 360 it might as well occupy the same status.

Talking about the 360 degree camera, the View button to turn this ON during the drive is awkwardly positioned next to those group of headlight level adjustment knob etc. I hit the 'ISG' turn off switch trying to hunt for that button. But once turned on, it displays the blind edge details on the side where we are turning to. I just don't know if it activates along with turn indicator or really the steering directional change.

6. The first feedback from the family is that everyone including the 3rd row occupants can clearly see the action in the front. They are so pleasantly surprised and happy that it's like nothing else they experienced in a sedan or hatchback.

7. It certainly feels bigger and concerning compared to our Xcent. Xcent is point and shoot and can sneak it in anywhere, make u turns in one go in two lane roads. This one seems a size bigger. Doesn't feel so in the main roads, but surely in the single lanes and 90 degree pocket road turns with square walled corners, this seems to be a tight fit.

8. Tiled roads, aberrations and imperfections on the road are directly felt in the Xcent, and the most unpleasant movement is the lateral left-right toss we experience in Xcent (I think this wasn't originally there when Xcent was relatively brand new). Anyway, we didn't notice any such lateral movement in XL6.

Soon after the TD vehicle left, we took out our Xcent with family through the same route while the XL6 experience is fresh in mind, to categorically say that XL6 did excel our current car in this comfort department. Speed breakers are moderately felt in XL6. A slight miss of judgement in the approach speed on speed breaker, and Xcent would through people in the air. I missed one speed breaker in XL6. It sure registered and felt, but only that much. Potholes seems to be dealt better in XL6. The Kia Seltos made road imperfections feel straight inside, with erratic vibrations. After that drive, I started thinking that Xcent may have been actually better.

9. The electric folding mirror is a must for the roads I drive to avoid parked two wheelers and certain two lane vehicle encounters in narrow roads. The switch for that in XL6 seems tiny, whereas Xcent is a big one which you can't miss.

10. Once you come to a standstill and have the feet on brake, the engine seems to turn off automatically and turn on when you're off the brake. A faint shudder is felt during this start-up, which I mistook as a vibration from the gear engagement once I let go off the brake.

11. At-least in the two lane roads I took, short and fast overtakes couldn't be done. For one, I've no idea what gear it is currently on. The MID shows just D. It makes an initial noise if you give accelerator and after a second it starts to pull off, which I think is good enough power for the overtake. But by then, I think it's enough power, delivered late. We would have completed the overtaking if that had to ever happen, thanks to the generosity of the oncoming guy.

I never do such risky overtakes, without ample clearance so as not to scare the oncoming guys if at all any. But I'm not confident this system can ever be used in those ambitious ones. Given, I've very rarely driven automatic transmission cars, this might be more about myself coming to terms with it's behavior. I felt the same delay with Kia Seltos too, but once it gets going it flies ahead. I don't think XL6 is in that group. I flicked the paddle shifters (-), but I don't think it did anything at all. Maybe something flashed in the MID, but the road is busy and couldn't take eyes off to see if there was any indication.

Xcent with it's manual transmission is sweet for me and it stays on my command. But I doubt if it would have done with the same enthusiasm with 5 adults and 2 kids. Maybe XL6 engine is powerful enough for that task.

12. For a limited stretch where I could really gather some decent speed, I felt like the car is swinging front to back, a see-saw effect - for a tiny duration. Maybe a nose dive on slowing or nose up on acceleration ? That's not something which I experienced in any recent cars, but I've felt it in our old premier padmini when it does 50+ in highway, much later on, then in scorpio, xylo, long route buses etc (none of these as a driver). I had that weird experience with Wagon R too. This wave like motion that I experienced in Wagon R, maybe aggravated by cross winds. It was very scary that I never wanted to drive Wagon R again. But I never felt anything so bad, whenever I traveled in Wagon R rear seat. So for me, it's just about loss of confidence in control. I didn't feel like the vehicle is firm on the road. Is this expected for such 3 row MUVs, or is it the higher seating that I've to just get used to ? For this reason, I have asked sales executive that I need to drive this once in a long enough open stretch.

13. I reach my home back, and was checking out the switches. Then realized that it had ventilated seats, and it's a very welcome thing for me who sweats bottom first. It was not turned on during this test drive. The SA didn't tell me of that feature, and I couldn't feel the comfort of it. It was evening anyway, and the AC was okay. We don't crank up AC too much.

14. The internal rear view mirror is a manual one, this looks ages old compared to my Xcent which had auto dimming IRVM. Even the Xcent later edition had lost this beautiful feature. It really worked well in my car. How much of a cost saving would that have been ?

15. The boot has no comparison to Xcent in practicality. Though in XL6 we can lay the rear split bench flat, given that middle row seat is captain, you would need to use one seat in the rear for sure for the 90% typical 3 adults, 2 kids journey we have. We've to probably use a boot organizer bag or something like that, but still won't match the Xcent. There is no boot lamp as well, which we will miss.

16. Oh yeah, pick up the 2 digit speeds and the door auto locks. This was sorely missed in Xcent.

17. I like the looks of Ertiga better, the beige brighter interiors would help for claustrophobic people in family (but surely, no way XL6 feels claustrophobic once inside). For me, exterior of Ertiga feels nice, the Kia Carens is oddball, and the XL6 is ugly in it's attempt to look butch. It to me looks like blown up balloon of a cartoon character. But I'm shopping primarily for the primary objective of accommodating 4 adults + 2 kids very comfortably over long drives. Looks are of least priority.

18. There perhaps isn't a cabin light for the third row ? I can't remember clearly. Surely there's nothing in the boot and we would miss this.

19. XL6 brakes never felt biting hard, and it did stop when I needed it to. But is it a bit spongy ?. Kia Seltos was on the other spectrum and I don't want such harsh bite. I'm accustomed to Hyundai brakes by now which in the initial days did behave almost the same as Kia Seltos. This might be another behaviour I need to perhaps come to terms with.
roby.thomas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 20:32   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekjoshi84 View Post
Several others have mentioned that 2022 XL6 will get the wireless AA/CarPlay update, however I am not so sure. XL6 gets Smart play Pro system while Baleno/Brezza had Smartplay Pro +. The brochure for Baleno/Brezza also mentioned wireless AA/CarPlay while brochure of XL6 mentioned only AA/CarPlay. I thought the difference between Smartplay Pro and Pro Plus was the screen size and wireless feature.

That being said, I would not mind to be happily surprised
Happily surprised it is. A new update (72S0.04.00) is available now for 2022 XL6 with variants having Smart Play Pro HUs.

New Version is not showing up in the drop-down or on update page in the website yet, however if you copy the link of package for 72S0.02.00 from Start Download button in website and change 02 to 04 in the copied URL you would be able to download the latest version package.

Here is a direct link as well: https://www.global-infotainment-syst...72S0_04_00.zip

One difference in this update was that the previous version zip file had two files within it, upgrade.bin and upgrade.json, while the new 04.00 version zip file had a single file called upgrade.pkg. HU recognizes .PKG as well and I was able to install it like previous update by copying the upgrade.pkg to an empty FAT32 formatted USB drive at root level and plugging into HU. Total time taken was about 12 minutes.

• Was able to connect with Android Auto wirelessly after the update (make sure you toggle the Wireless Android Auto option on in the Android Auto settings on your phone).
  • Able to see navigation directions in MID. There used to be one blank screen in MID when you toggle through all the pages, Navi shows up there now.
  • After turning off the car and turning it back on, AA was connected automatically to phone (as long as WIFI and Bluetooth are on in the phone).
  • Able to connect Wifi of HU with Smart Play Pro Sync app now. Earlier it was not able to connect after entering password as shown in HU settings or scanning the QR code.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_20230115_200344.jpg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_20230115_200412.jpg  

abhishekjoshi84 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 17:55   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekjoshi84 View Post
Happily surprised it is. A new update (72S0.04.00) is available now for 2022 XL6 with variants having Smart Play Pro HUs.
Hi Abhishek,

Mine too is a 2022 XL6, I downloaded the firmware on a FAT32 formatted USB stick and tried to update.
However no matter what I do , it keeps saying
"Software Update file not detected. Please initiate update from phone or insert USB with the valid software file. "

Placed the .zip directly in the root
Update_File_72S0_04_00.zip

Also tried unzipping and placing the .pkg file directly

Neither worked.

Did you face any similar issues the first time ?
Btw my current firmware version is : 72SO.01.60

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks