Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2023, 00:44   #376
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

For those who are using wireless AA now, is the voice recognition from AA working fine for you?

For me the voice assistant (whether called through OK Google or steering control or touching the icon on screen) is not recognising the commands properly. It does not interpret the commands correctly and searches something very random. It works fine on phone if I am not connected to AA, also works fine for Suzuki Voice commands (which means car's microphone is fine).

I enabled mic input capture in AA developer settings and checked the captured audio. It was distorted and speed was much faster, kind of like sampling rate is not proper.
Old 5th February 2023, 17:19   #377

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekjoshi84 View Post
For those who are using wireless AA now, is the voice recognition from AA working fine for you?
I enabled mic input capture in AA developer settings and checked the captured audio.
I feel it's a phone issue rather than the suzuki smartplay pro system. You can check with another phone and try again.
Old 7th February 2023, 13:42   #378
BHPian

Mod Note : Back to back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Smart View Post
I could not source this 2nd row middle seat from Bangalore. Can you provide me the contact from where you have sourced it @ Pune. Thanks.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Hi,

I think this is from Viman Nagar Pune. Try this one: https://sai-car-decor-and-accessorie...edium=referral

Best Regards,
Achint

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby.thomas View Post
After a long time since I posted a question in the Hyundai Xcent thread about deteriorating comfort on the not-so perfect roads, it's now that I really could check another one out.

I had my hand recently at two, Kia Seltos (solo drive) of my cousin. Also I did test drive XL6 (with family), as a potential buyer. The following are my observations and would like to hear your views on it. This is in comparison to my existing Hyundai Xcent, listed in the order of what I noticed and could differentiate in a short 7 Km round-trip around my home, in Fort Kochi, Kerala. This is a very frequent family circuit that we daily do, and has pretty ridiculous narrow and bad roads.
Hi,

I would be soon sending my car for the 3rd free service at 10k kms. I would like to comment on your observations as an XL6 2022 Alpha AT user.

Not sure why would you compare XL6 with Xcent, they are two different class of cars. Anyhow, The 360 camera is definitely useful but only if you start relying 100% on it and do that after a lot of training to cater to its adaptability. Once done, it will be very handy especially in tight spots.

1. The Engine auto start/stop saves fuel as per the data shown in MID however it shuts the AC Off as well so in the unpleasant summers, it is a feature which would actually cause nuisance so better turn it off, it's off and on by just flick of a switch.

2. You are right, you should not even think of doing risky overtakes on XL6, it's not built for that, It's a cruiser type and very good at it. However, I use a lot of paddle shifters to gain speed from 6>5>4>3 gears but 3>2>1 gears using the paddle shifters is very unpleasant and I totally avoid them.

3. I have never experienced any swinging moment that you have motioned on speeds, may be check the tyre pressure?

4. Except the fact that 2022 XL6 cannot be used as an enthusiast car, every other thing will give you a pleasant experience only, it's just that it should not encounter a sudden bump on high speed otherwise the passengers are going to be tossed up like sautéed vegies :-)

Happy Driving!

Last edited by Sheel : 12th February 2023 at 17:31. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
achintatri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 19:13   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby.thomas View Post
After a long time since I posted a question in the Hyundai Xcent thread about deteriorating comfort on the not-so perfect roads, it's now that I really could check another one out.

I had my hand recently at two, Kia Seltos (solo drive) of my cousin. Also I did test drive XL6 (with family), as a potential buyer. The following are my observations and would like to hear your views on it. This is in comparison to my existing Hyundai Xcent, listed in the order of what I noticed and could differentiate in a short 7 Km round-trip around my home, in Fort Kochi, Kerala. This is a very frequent family circuit that we daily do, and has pretty ridiculous narrow and bad roads.
My inputs on these based on 7k kms of owning 2022 XL6. A 5k km trip across 6 states within these 7k helped in understanding the car a lot.

3. Yes, compared to engine noise without AC its much louder. But its on the outside, nothing much inside the cabin.

4. Even for me its a first AT car. Since the stick moves on a single axis I don't even look down while shifting gears. Gear indicator on MID is enough. When we move from R to D its not the reverse camera but 360 view which gets activated atleast in equipped variant. I found it useful for tight spots. That 360 view does help to plan the acceleration accordingly.

5. Trust me you will start loving this feature once you start using it. I moved from a tiny hatch to this with a mindset all these features are useless. But this is a great help in crowded cities as well as tight parkings.

This black screen is when you press the button above a certain speed only. I guess that is 20kmph. below that you will get a 360 view. More often i use this in traffic signals to avoid the gap for any rickshaw or 2W to squeeze in and scrape the bumper yet maintain enough distance from surrounding cars.

8. Get a good tyre it will be even better. I don't miss Carens much now. It was in my shortlist.

I guess you tested XL6 with all seats occupied. I would recommend you to test once with 1/2 people only(if its a configuration you will frequent often). Rear is stiff and it jumps of speed breakers if braking is not planned properly.

10. Must be a case with upkeep of the demo car. I don't experience anything like this. I have a driving style of braking 80% in advance and leaving only 20% to closer to actual stop point.

11. Upto 60-70 you won't find it lagging anywhere wrt to other cars. Its only on the highway where you will feel the need to downshift using paddles.

12. When you drive next time please do check the air pressure. One XL6 i tested had 20psi in diagonal tyres.

13. I was hesitant on spending those 70k over Alpha variant. But its a huge boon. I would recommend Alpha+ over Alpha just for this.

14. Its a pity. But good that our member Leoshashi has done all the R&D. I plan to install it soon.

18. There is none

19. I would say, brakes is one department they should improve. No panic situations so far but bite could have been more.

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 7th February 2023 at 19:39.
saurabh041086 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 16:40   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj_victor View Post
I feel it's a phone issue rather than the suzuki smartplay pro system. You can check with another phone and try again.

You were right, tried with a Xiaomi phone and it worked fine. Tried another phone with same model as mine (Realme X7 Max) and that too had the same problem. Now trying to figure out if this is something I can debug/fix on my phone.
abhishekjoshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 16:30   #381
BHPian

Thanks to forum members , I updated the infotainment and enjoying the wireless AA. Also a pleasant surprise, got the new coolwalk version of Android auto. Split screen apps and it's beautiful!

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_0015.jpg
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 07:35   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Thanks to forum members , I updated the infotainment and enjoying the wireless AA. Also a pleasant surprise, got the new coolwalk version of Android auto. Split screen apps and it's beautiful!

Attachment 2417658
Hi Sai,

Congrats on your upgrade.
Could you please let me know what is the ver of the Infotainment system that it is displaying now ?
Old 16th February 2023, 19:43   #383
BHPian

Has anyone from Bangalore updated the firmware to the new AA wireless ?
Today I went to the NEXA service centre on Kanakpura Rd, they claim that they have not received any upgraded firmware for the 2022 XL model.

I tried all combinations to upgrade it myself , but it does not work.
Tried with different USB sticks and formatted to FAT32 and FAT16 none are detected.

For those who were able to do it on your own please let me know if there is anything different that you did.

Current firmware : 72S0.01.60
Downloaded from : https://www.global-infotainment-syst...160/index.html

Please let me know if you downloaded from a different site ?
Old 16th February 2023, 19:50   #384
BHPian

Same here, not able to update, tried keeping the .zip file, extracted files, but the system doesn’t recognise the update.
Blr_RK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 20:47   #385
BHPian

Update was pretty simple (as expianed here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5476413 (2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review) ). HU detected and all process has taken max 15 mins. May be factory reset your HU again, and hope you putting pen drive directly in front usb, not via any connector etc

Last edited by India2022 : 16th February 2023 at 20:56. Reason: Edit
Old 17th February 2023, 00:33   #386
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
Same here, not able to update, tried keeping the .zip file, extracted files, but the system doesn’t recognise the update.
And same here. Doesn't detect the update. Even after factory reseting the system! (people are going to find their bluetooth pairs missing in the morning )

Tried 2 different pen drives. 8gb and 16GB, both formatted FAT32, but zilch.

Just wondering if the system will actually read only ExFAT, because the theoretical limit for FAT32 is 4GB.

Question to those, who made it work, did you use a 4GB pendrive instead?
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 09:46   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Just wondering if the system will actually read only ExFAT, because the theoretical limit for FAT32 is 4GB.
4GB is the file size limit of FAT32, not the drive size limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Current firmware : 72S0.01.60
Please try updating to 72S0.02.00 first(there should be two files extracted to root directory of your FAT32 formatted drive). Once on 72S0.02.00 try updating the 72S0.04.00 (there should only be one .PKG file in root directory of your FAT32 formatted drive).

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th February 2023 at 09:59. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use multi quote function.
Old 18th February 2023, 10:27   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
Same here, not able to update..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
And same here. Doesn't detect the update...
Quote:
Please try updating to 72S0.02.00 ..
Was finally able to upgrade the firmware though alternate means.

Was I able to upgrade the firmware to the latest ?
Yes

Does Android Auto wireless work ?
No ! guess it has something to do with the phone now, mine is a Google pixel 4a, So that is left to be seen.

For those of you who are facing the problem where the system does not recognize the firmware on a USB stick you can try this.

1. Install Suzuki Smart Play app (if you already have it , make sure you update it and bring it to the latest ver)

2. Click on the Updates tile (You can do this from your home using your broadband )
Click on Download .. , it will download it onto your phone.
No need to be connected to the car for this.
Name:  xls1.png
Views: 948
Size:  126.3 KB

3. Now go to your Car and connect the App to the car via USB. Make sure it shows as connected to your car. (you would need to connect the Wifi also to the Maruti Suzuki wifi from the head unit)

4. Click on Updates > Install updates
Name:  xls22.png
Views: 961
Size:  75.7 KB

5. You will get a prompt on your Head Unit saying proceed with updates or something, say OK
Name:  xls2.png
Views: 940
Size:  63.9 KB

6. It will do the installation, Make sure you car does not shut off midway.
Name:  xls3.png
Views: 875
Size:  80.7 KB
Wait on this screen
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-xl4.png

7. It will reboot twice ..
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-xls5.png

8. You should now be on the latest firmware
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-xls6.png
Fillmore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 10:33   #389
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4GB is the file size limit of FAT32, not the drive size limit.
That's true! I stand corrected. the limit is actually 2TB.

Quote:
Please try updating to 72S0.02.00 first(there should be two files extracted to root directory of your FAT32 formatted drive). Once on 72S0.02.00 try updating the 72S0.04.00 (there should only be one .PKG file in root directory of your FAT32 formatted drive).
I'm already on 72S0.02.00 (December manufactured unit!). I see two issues, when I format PenDrive in windows I get a system volume information folder by default. And then I first directly put the zip file, which didn't work, then I extracted the pkg and let the zip also stay there. If the single file rule is so strict, I'll try again.

Last edited by SLK : 18th February 2023 at 10:35.
Old 18th February 2023, 20:09   #390
BHPian

Really strange, I tried all these, the update icon is not enabled. Will keep trying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks