Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2022, 19:47   #331
BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Does the 360 camera in xl6 also record the action for playback? Let's say you were crossing green light, the car in front slowed down and it turns red. The cops stop you for signal jump. Just an example.
No, the cameras only have live feed they have no facility to record and playback anything.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 08:20   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Does the 360 camera in xl6 also record the action for playback? Let's say you were crossing green light, the car in front slowed down and it turns red. The cops stop you for signal jump. Just an example.
360 degree camera is only real time feed. No recording. But it is a good idea. They should provide a connector to fit an aftermarket DVR.

Dashcam is the solution you are looking for. A good HD or more quality front+real camera will cover almost all 'accidents' and 'light change events'
drsarao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 10:50   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsarao View Post
Dashcam is the solution you are looking for. A good HD or more quality front+real camera will cover almost all 'accidents' and 'light change events'
I've been using dashcam for a long time now, i feel it should be a mandatory feature in vehicles. More from a safety perspective than vanity.
It is such a negligible cost for the manufacturer, but you would get a neat setup.
Old 21st November 2022, 08:43   #334
BHPian

Quote:
I've been using dashcam for a long time now, i feel it should be a mandatory feature in vehicles. More from a safety perspective than vanity.
It is such a negligible cost for the manufacturer, but you would get a neat setup.
What is overall cost of dashcam setup in XL6?
Old 21st November 2022, 09:32   #335
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp52_vishy View Post
I saw that the part (cover) sags and doesnt really perfectly fit with the holes in chassis. I checked personally during second service of my XL6 2022. So didnt get it installed on my vehicle. However, would be glad to stand corrected on this.
It did sag slightly on mine, but i thought that with the current condition of Bangalore roads, something is better than nothing.
ashwin1397 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 09:50   #336
BHPian

This is an MPV people!
I don't understand so many people rooting for a more sportier performance out of the snooziest engine on the market...SMDH.
Besides you're going to ferry the most important cargo in your life which is your family if you're wondering
So please slow down and let the family enjoy the cruising rather than feeling like they're being smoothied in a blender
mpp1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 22:11   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
What is overall cost of dashcam setup in XL6?
HD quality ones are available for as low as 4-5k for front only and 6-8k for front+rear.
Good 4K resolution dashcam start at around 12-15k and go upto 40k depending on quality and brand.
I have front only DDPAI Mini 5 with 4K resolution which costed 13k. I have used it for about 2 months with good results. Only issue is that the memory card is not replaceable.
drsarao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 23:30   #338
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Guys any info would be helpful here:

I booked an XL6 Alpha+ Dual tone last month. At the time of booking, the showroom was hopeful of delivery by end October. I kept following up and they kept giving me extended timelines, week by week. Now at end of November, they say one more week, but they have no information about it whatsoever and it sounds like their hope!.

I hear/ read that waiting times for XL6 in NCR are very low (due to local production), but I find it very fishy and unprofessional that they keep giving me new dates, but only one week at a time. All the follow ups are from my side, there is absolutely no communication by the dealer at the end of that one week, that there is no trace of the car.

Question 1: Is there any way to check the status directly with Maruti to know the true story?

I'm actually surprised at the dealer responses considering that NEXA was supposed to be their premium dealership (and this is already the second NEXA dealership I'm talking to, because the first one fumbled at everything)

With almost 6 missed timelines, my deal experience has already turned bitter! and if they slip further, I will have to cancel the booking and not look at Maruti again.

Question 2: Is this the actual waiting period and this uncertainty common in dealing with Maruti now-a-days?

Honestly, in contrast, my last two purchases at Skoda and VW, went so much better!

Last edited by SLK : 29th November 2022 at 23:33.
Old 29th November 2022, 23:57   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post

Question 2: Is this the actual waiting period and this uncertainty common in dealing with Maruti now-a-days?
Hi, the waiting game is going on for Ertiga as well. I have booked a zxi+ in July 22 and have not heard back anything from the dealer.

Dealer says no info on manufacturing AT ertiga from factory.

I am planning to cancel my booking next week.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 09:59   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Guys any info would be helpful here:

I booked an XL6 Alpha+ Dual tone last month...!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Hi, the waiting game is going on for Ertiga as well. I have booked a zxi+ in July 22 ..
Why don't you try tweeting your Booking ID's and ask for a status + why the delay ? on their Twitter handle

https://twitter.com/NexaExperience

https://twitter.com/maruti_corp
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 07:30   #341
BHPian

Quote:

Honestly, in contrast, my last two purchases at Skoda and VW, went so much better!

I booked the same variant at launch. They delivered the car in September 2022. Even i had vague timelines to work with. But the dealership did come through. They let me know that the car was alotted and the mode of transport that it was coming by. (Truck or train). I would say that you'd have to wait for 3 months (max) for any variant.
Old 12th December 2022, 20:21   #342
BHPian

Found the feaures list pamphelete of 2022 new XL6 lying in my almerah. Sharing for everybodys reference.
New features in 2022 model are with square shape bullets. I have also highlighted new feaures in red color.
Existing features carry forwarded from earlier model are in circular bullet.

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-new-xl6-2022.jpeg
Old 13th December 2022, 10:03   #343

Since the Swift, Ignis and S-Presso haven’t fared well in the updated G-NCAP tests, any idea how the XL6 is expected to fare?
kuriancjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 11:53   #344
BHPian

Considering Ertiga's 3* back in Oct 2019, I believe XL6 should be the same. Ertiga was tested with just 2 airbags and ABS, not sure if those features carry some points.
Expectation is, Body shell should be intact, based on the image, it looks intact, but in report mentioned as unstable structure.
No argument here on the quality of body shell of Maruthi manufacturing for India, just curious to know how are they (GNCAP) call out unstable structure but image doesn't show A pillar / roof giving away.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SuzukiMARUTIERTIGA.pdf (591.7 KB, 117 views)
Old 19th December 2022, 14:50   #345
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I booked an XL6 Alpha+ Dual tone last month.
I got mine, just had to change the colour to a more common one (Blue) (and single tone). Got it delivered fairly quickly post that.

Initial impressions are reasonably good, I had no issues with anything. With 4+2 onboard, the Gurgaon-Delhi-Noida-Delhi-Gurgaon (160kms) was comfortable. Got FE (as per MID) of around 19kmpl, but noted that the tyre pressure was set to 48psi! resulting in somewhat stiff ride and maybe higher FE.

Only noted two downsides so far:
1) The infotainment system (which is tilted towards passenger side, same as Ignis), somewhat lacked peak brightness in sun. The usable screen area is smaller but still perfectly usable.
2) The 360degree camera, while decent, isn't a replacement for missing front and side parking sensors, so front parking close to say a wall is still some effort.
SLK is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks