Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2022, 16:29   #196
BANNED

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shresan23 View Post
The thing here is, imo, XL6 is way off the mark in this segment.
It is your opinion, and mine is different. How can a "way off the mark" car can sell 4 - 5K per month while your "best" option in the segment sell almost the same? Your requirements will be different from others. As simple as that.

And for me, Carens is not such a winner in this segment. It may have more features, but it looks far uglier than XL6 IMO, has a glorified Lodgy look, and a kind of weird from the frontal looks. If Ertiga / XL6 is a long "pipe", Carens is exactly the same.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th June 2022 at 16:30.
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 18:12   #197
BHPian

I am in the market for my next big upgrade and have been considering the new XL6 very closely. My biggest criteria are:
  • Petrol engine, preferably N.A. I don't want to be plagued with BS6 Diesel DPF issues.
  • Boot space! We need lots of it as my family and I are emotionally incapable of travelling light
  • Ground clearance. 180+ at the minimum. 'Coz this is India - i.e. Bad roads happen with the seasonal changes and local civic body changes!
  • An engine guard / underbody protection / skid plate of some kind. In the case of the XL6, we have Bhp-ian LeoShashi's famous mod (details here) to the rescue here.
  • Frugality, reliability, and long-term peace-of-mind ownership. I care more for practical usable features than neon-light gimmicks and "i-Pad inspired" interiors.

By now we have considered the:
  • Kia Carens - Rejected as it is largely unproven. And most importantly, I just can't stomach the bug-eyed look of the car. Some people love it and I envy them 'coz the car is a performance champion over the XL6 in terms of the quicker acceleration, greater engine power, and a tad more spacious interiors than the XL6. Loved that one-touch rear-seat tumble action! But the car's face looks like a raccoon or a sloth, which is cute as a pet, but as a car it makes me sick. Really no offence to the owners. If the Carens had the Seltos's face, I would have had it in my garage already!
  • Honda City Gen 5 - Rejected solely 'coz it wont seat 5 in as much comfort as the XL6 or the Carens can. Otherwise, this is the N.A petrol to buy. Period! Wow, what a performer!!

Everything else is either not as spacious as the XL6 or overbudget for me.

I have meanwhile taken several test drives of the XL6, and also of the previous gen Ertiga and the current gen Ciaz, often back to back. Yes, the latest XL6 is not as quick as the other two. It did feel 2-3 secs less eager than the other two Suzukis as the revs and speeds climbed. Yes, the XL6 will keep you busy with the gears, trying hard to find the perfect powerband when you are in Enthusiast mode. But, I personally feel I can live with it. I come from a Fiat Multijet-powered Vista, a D4-D Diesel-powered Toyota Etios, and an F10D-powered Wagon R.

Enough with my blah-blah. Here are some pics for all!

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220615-1.01.22-pm-1.jpeg
I parked the test drive car next to my neighbor's Duster to size the XL6 up! The XL6 is now an MPV which exudes serious amounts of SUV cred. This is the new darker "Nexa Blue" shade, called Celestial Blue.

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220615-1.01.22-pm.jpeg
A back-to-back size match? No?!

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220615-1.01.24-pm-1.jpeg
Loaded it up to see what can it can take. Those trolleys are one-size smaller than the largest commonly available.

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220615-1.01.24-pm.jpeg
The orange trolley on the right can also be made to stand alongside the other, with all 6 seats up. The under-boot-floor space needs to be opened for this arrangement. The hatch closes without any issue.

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220615-1.01.21-pm-1.jpeg
XL6 in the Grandeur Grey shade. The earlier Magma Grey has gone from the Nexa palette.
Miel is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 19:59   #198
BHPian

Re: How I became the first person to own the 2022 XL6 in Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj_victor View Post
I spent a good two hours checking every bit of the car for my satisfaction, in case of any defects or problems. So far none.Attachment 2305621
Your Silver XL6 looks stunning. I have also booked XL6 Alpha manual in Silver color and should be getting delivery in couple of days.

I will be following the BHPs PDI checklist before releasing the payment. Please suggest if anything I should take care.

Also can you suggest teh accessories I shoudl opt for, and anything spepcifc for Silver color
India2022 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 08:41   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post

Also can you suggest teh accessories I shoudl opt for, and anything spepcifc for Silver color
Thank you for your kind words. And yes all the best for the delivery.
There's nothing specific that you'd need to check apart from if there's any seat squeaking sound or if you feel vibration when engine starts. Because both have been seen in one case, and usually there's nothing else is being reported so far.

As for the accessories; I'd say you need the rain guards which make the car look better and are functional too. I went for the interior styling kit as well, as it enhances the look for door side window control panel.

I suggest chrome beading and side chrome on door is as per your preference of the amount of chrome you like on your car.
You don't need any seat cover or steering wrap since it's an Alpha and comes in leather seat and steering.
As for the floor mats I chose a complete lamination since my passengers love getting their shoes dirty all the time and complete lamination means easier to clean.

Rear Spoiler is a must and if possible try checking if they have the side fender chrome like it's given in Alpha+ model, I am planning to get that soon.

I think that's pretty much it.

All the best for your new car.
fj_victor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 22:36   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your kind words. And yes all the best for the delivery.
All the best for your new car.
Thanks dear for useful tips. If possible please suggest on below at earliest/today...

They are providing 'All Weather Mat' for 3900, I saw them, they are of plastic in black color, they said its new type arrived first time and better than earlier. Lamination floor mats are different or same thing?

Boot Mat 3D is in single piece in same plastic as floor mat.

Yes rain guard (i.e. Door Visor) is there in my list as rain will not come inside if mirror little open.

Trunk line/rear spoiler is in my must have list also, they have in stock for around 5k.

Body side moulding in chrome, window frame kit in chrome, tail lamp garnish in chrome - I may go for all 3 as its looking good in their display piece of alpha+.

Illuminated scuff plate (door sill) also looking good. Will decide.

One last question - is it fine to take all these accessories from Maruti? Or better quality and better price would be available in outside shops who are expert in car accessories? As all above accessories are optional, so its upto me if I buy MSA or from outside.

Last edited by India2022 : 18th June 2022 at 22:38. Reason: Minor edit
Old 22nd June 2022, 13:39   #201
BHPian

Ownership Update after 2000 kms

First things first, the average - Got 11.35 best till now (420 kms in 37 Ltrs of refueling twice) and the average was consistent in those 2 refuels.

Majority of the drive was on highway though.

Average is a concern as of now for sure but have decided to wait till the second 5000 kms service.

Ride Quality: Drives like a charm however don't ever try to negotiate a bump or undulated surface on high speed otherwise the passengers especially the third row ones will go for a TOSS. BTW, even 15 kmph is high for this particular point. Be vary especially on undulations (sudden elevation drop on ghat sections) and better to slow down when you spot one.

Performance especially over Ghats and full load: This car doesn't like being driven in lower gears and tht's where the paddle shifters help. However they work best till 3rd gear only, the moment you pull the minus one from 3rd to 2nd gear, the RPM shoots upto 5000 that doesn't get converted to instant power transfer to the wheels. The transition from 6>5>4>3 is very smooth both in auto as well as manual mode.

However on Ghats section, the paddle shifters helped a lot. I would not say that it defeats the purpose of being automatic since it is still better to operate as compared to manual mode of AMTs or some other DCTs and TCs without paddle shifters. So, in case you need to overtake and drive a little faster whenever it is required, paddle shifters (for a certain rpm range as mentioned above) would help you a lot.

Gearbox: No jerks at any rpm, at any speed, at any gear, flawless for its operations, touchwood.

Music System: Android Auto Sucks for the connectivity, never could get a call answered or dialed. Period.

Tires: So far one puncture only but even with Windows down, surprisingly the noise is not prominent and the tire performance is nothing to complain about.

Suzuki Connect: Hasn't been installed/registered yet and not getting any response from the dealership (Mahalaxmi Nexa, Magarpatta Road, Pune) as well as NEXA customer Care for the same so have decided to wait till 2 months of ownership are over by June 28 and would then start a legal front.

Camera: Works well in all conditions, no complaints till now.

Further Update on accessories:

Apart from the chrome accessories purchased on the delivery date and TPMS and 7th seat, I also got the automatic curtains installed. The link is here: https://carhatke.com/maruti-nexa-xl6...indow-sunshade.

I use them only for shade when my kids need them while napping.

So apart from the average for which Maruti is known for (or till now was known for) and the performance of the second gear (while gearing down to overtake), I really do not have much complaints on the vehicle.

Have made few great highway trips and the family has enjoyed the drives.

Purchase Decision Analysis:

I paid a total of 10,31,000 INR for my new XL6 Alpha AT including all the accessories mentioned till now and after the exchange of old car and I found it most VFM transaction considering I had paid 10,20,000 inr in Oct 2016 when I had purchased my old car (Swift Dzire ZDI AMT) without any exchange then.

Happy Driving Guys, Stay Connected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miel View Post
I am in the market for my next big upgrade and have been considering the new XL6 very closely. My biggest criteria are:
Hi @Miel, Did you manage to get the under body cover for XL6? I don't think the same part number (LeoShashi's post) is available either on MGA and Boodmo both now.

Best Regards,
Achint

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd June 2022 at 14:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
achintatri is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 19:41   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post

First things first, the average - Got 11.35 best till now (420 kms in 37 Ltrs of refueling twice) and the average was consistent in those 2 refuels.

Majority of the drive was on highway though.

Average is a concern as of now for sure but have decided to wait till the second 5000 kms service.

Best Regards,
Achint
One Long trip in my New XL6 Alpha Plus so far- 1110Kms round trip from Chennai to Ooty. Got 19Kmpl in MID (Most of the highway drive set on Cruise control between 90 to 95kmph speeds)

The best upgrade to the car is the Valeo Fog lamps + OSRAM LED lights. Night driving was superb even in heavy rains on the way back. Must upgrade for all New and old XL6 owners. You wont regret this for sure.
dskumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 19:45   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskumar View Post
One Long trip in my New XL6 Alpha Plus so far- 1110Kms round trip from Chennai to Ooty. Got 19Kmpl in MID (Most of the highway drive set on Cruise control between 90 to 95kmph speeds)

The best upgrade to the car is the Valeo Fog lamps + OSRAM LED lights. Night driving was superb even in heavy rains on the way back. Must upgrade for all New and old XL6 owners. You wont regret this for sure.
I agree with you (and this is my experience as well even though for a short duration) that the average increases substantially if driven on cruise controlled speed for a longer period. Unfortunately, this is not possible all the time unless you are doing a Mumbai-Pune kind of trip on expressway kind of road majority of your time.
Old 26th June 2022, 06:56   #204
BHPian

Took the test drive of XL6 manual yesterday. I am impressed m coming for hatchbacks and compact sedans, the space XL6 offers is really huge and very comfortable! I was a bit worried whether my senior citizen parents will like it, because they have been used to the easy ingress and egress of wagonr. The XL 6 ingress and egress is even more comfortable for my parents. In the market for a 6 seater and Xl6 is really ticking all boxes for my requirements. Planning to go with Zeta as it's loaded with all basic features and also a value for money variant.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 12:59   #205
BHPian

Can anyone tell if the new Ertiga has reclinable seats like this? It was available in old XL6 but the new one doesn’t have it as I found in my recent visit to a Nexa outlet. So this question is specifically for the new because unlike the XL6, it doesn’t have airbags in front seats across the variants, so there is a possibility of it having this feature.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-68afe037a56040b89483dfc314713c95.jpeg  

Aakash118 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 14:24   #206
BHPian

Hi all, this is one of my first posts in Team-BHP, have been a visitor for many years & finally decided to try my luck in creating a profile; very excited to be part of this family.

I've a booking for XL6 Alpha+ AT silver colour, which will be available for PDI by next week. Also have Seltos IVT booking, which is supposed to be delivered by next month end.
And curiously waiting for Toyota HiRider unveil before finalizing.

Quote:
I have driven my XL6 alpha AT for about 800 kms till now with a mix of city and highway driving including khandala lonavala ghats. Few observations and opinions:

1. It is definitely oriented towards fuel economy. It touched 20.5 kmpl on the expressway.
5. The worst average I got till now was 11.1 kmpl in city.
6. No issues on ghats or inclines even when fully loaded, power is adequate however don't expect high speed maneuvers including overtakes.
Quote:

This is actually concerning; you have a higher mileage at the beginning, later it degraded even in highway cruising? Anyway my doubt about ghat sections were cleared with this post, most of my long trips involve some parts of western ghats any other observations while driving through ghats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskumar View Post
Did you get a chance to ride with factory fog lamps in similar rain? I'm just trying to get a comparison. If I go ahead with XL6, I'm also planning for this upgrade my rides also involve a lot of heavy rains and we cannot improve headlamps much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
[center]
Drove the 2022 XL6 for a good 25km: Being a lazy sunday, requested my RM for a TD if possible and he obliged. Took the car to Ring road via the busy city roads, and thus got to experience it in every driving condition.

What's bad:

-Engine: Huge huge disappointment compared to K15B unit.

Other points:

2. AUX port is gone from the top models:
Hi Shashi, I have been following your XL6 threads from last December and I cannot express the appreciation by words, you are really an encyclopedia for XL6 owners. You ownership thread is one of the reasons I'm badly inclined towards XL6

Btw, did you try driving an automatic in manual mode? I tried during test drives, once it's above 2700 rpm it started giving a much better push compared to automatic mode; not sure how is it compared to the old engine, would like to know that.
But the acceleration is still linear, so no point in waiting to upshift beyond 4000 rpm (so that after upshifting it'll still be above 2700 rpm and give the same push). Adding a sports mode would've solved a lot to complaints.

One of the worst omission was AUX port - with all the niggles Android auto is having, this omission is difficult to justify.

And I too felt an improvement in suspension, until reading your post, I thought it's coz this was a new TD vehicle compared to the older one which clocked over 15k km as a test drive vehicle.

Another observation is, plastics on 3rd row hand-rest area seems very thin - on pressing with a finger, it was flexing like mineral water bottle (yea it was really so bad ). Felt this only for 3rd row though. Is it the same with older XL6 also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
How does XL6 AT K15C compare to Kia Seltos 1.5 IVT? Which is the better engine from a highway performance point of view?
Let me know if you got the answer.
I have a booking for Seltos IVT too, thinking of going ahead with XL6 as it offers much better VFM package along with reliability of Maruthi.

Quote:
Not yet, but there were minor uphill climbs required on some of the narrow roads I have taken. It was not a problem whatsoever.

Also. I do have a drive to Chennai with the full load being planned for next month. I'll definitely post about it if I encounter anything interesting.
Any new observations? Specifically on hilly areas and overtakes on 2 lane highways?

Also any advice on adding soft touch leatherette finish on remaining parts of door handles, 3rd row hand rest area etc?

Regards,
-Vishnu
Old 29th June 2022, 16:35   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnm008 View Post

Any new observations? Specifically on hilly areas and overtakes on 2 lane highways?

Also any advice on adding soft touch leatherette finish on remaining parts of door handles, 3rd row hand rest area etc?

I had been across states with 80% load (3 people + luggage for 2 weeks). Driven on some hilly areas with good roads and found absolutely no reason to complain with the power delivery. Overtaking on 2 lane highways has to be a bit planned since acceleration after 90kmph maybe slower at times. I did use the paddle shifters to downshift which made it a lot easier to overtake at most speeds.

The suspension and ride quality are sometimes too good to be true. Even on highways I felt it was making sure the 3rd row wasn't bouncing. But on the flip side, the smallest of the speed breakers will throw your luggage compartment (behind 3rd row) in a slingshot motion upwards even at crawling mode.

About your observation of the 3rd row bottle holders being squeaky, I'd say to go for the Interior Styling Kit offered by Maruti, I am not 100% sure but I think it uses the same hard plastic as the grey stone on the dashboard and door panels. It replaces all the doors panels (the window control button area) and the 3rd row bottle holders.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 29th June 2022 at 17:25. Reason: Removing mentions of illegal speeds
fj_victor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 19:23   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnm008 View Post
Did you get a chance to ride with factory fog lamps in similar rain? I'm just trying to get a comparison. If I go ahead with XL6, I'm also planning for this upgrade my rides also involve a lot of heavy rains and we cannot improve headlamps much.

Regards,
-Vishnu
Factory fog lamps is nothing in-front of these awesome Valeo fogs + OSRAM LED combination.
dskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 12:39   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
I think Suzuki is smartly testing waters here with the pricing of XL6 variants. The higher variants may not really be VFM and Suzuki always had an image of being VFM. If this works out well for them, I am sure in future they would also make a move up the segment price wise on new model launches. Only time will tell.
Sadly what I mentioned few weeks back has turned true for Brezza 2022 variants pricing! Suzuki no more feels VFM!
SSD2122 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 14:06   #210
BHPian

Just purchased the XL6 Alpha + Auto and completed around 700 kms in the last week. Overall, I am super impressed with the car. Coming from driving a Fiat Punto Diesel, I had my worries on how the torque and the drive /handling would be. But after driving it for a week, I must say that I am completely impressed by the car overall. The convenience of the automatic, the torque assist ( though not much) does help in putting the the car into momentum. I found the engine extreamly refined and efficient. Though I wish the car would rev a bit higher during upshifts, I got used to the gearbox after a drive of around 250 KMs.

Ride quality: I was again suprised. The suspension is tuned a bit hard but this translates into a pretty stable ride. You dont even feel small potholes. Body roll is obviously present but is managed well. I believe this is again because of the stuff suspension.

Comfort:
The captian seats are brilliant and the last seat is also surprisingly comfortable. Someone who is below the height of 5.7 can easily fit in + be comfortable there for long. The rear AC vents also help in keeping the rear seats cool. Talking about cooling, the ventilated seats are super effective. Really a great feature to have if you live in a hot and humid region.

Some of the things I am yet to sort out or get used to are :

TPMS- Works only after the car is in motion for a while & Shows pressure in KPA instead of PSI

Infotainment- Music quality is good, found it slightly better than the one that comes in the Nexon with all bells and features. Haven't been able to connect the Sync app yet.

Connected car features:
Though it has a host of connected car features, i haven't been able to use any of them yet because of the lack of a strong cellular network signal in my basement. Plus the trip history and driving information doens't seem to sync.

Only concern -Engine guard:
My 13 year old base model Punto came with one and has helped keep the engine bay protected and clean. Not sure why Maruti decided to skip this. It will be a nightmare to keep mud away from the engine bay. The nexa service advisor said it can be installed, but need to understand more.

To summarise, I had a pleasant experience in the buying process & initial driving experience has been great, the family is also happy. Contrary to popular belief, I feel this car is value for money!

Here are some pictures of the new car.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img20220627wa0009.jpg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img20220627wa0032.jpg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img20220627wa0008.jpg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img20220627wa0033.jpg  

Pri2 is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks