Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2022, 13:04   #241
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

How much mileage are the owners of XL6 getting in city?
We're looking to replace our 8.5yrs old Innova (diesel of course) with a stop gap measure before we get an all out electric MPV/pseudo SUV in couple of years. I thought of the Toyota Hyryder but at 25L OTR Mumbai, it doesn't seem to make much sense as it is tight on space. We're a family of 4 & a 2.5yrs old kid, so 7 seats is priority, what with the kids paraphernalia whenever we all go out.

I think the mid trim XL6 is at about 14-15L odd which is alright, considering that the Innova G trim costs about 25L and the mileage is not anything great in it either. The only drawback with XL6 is that its petrol only
RJK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 14:59   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post

Some photos to finish my post.

Attachment 2341715

Can you help me with what app you're using to record mileage and fuel top up?
fj_victor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 17:30   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj_victor View Post
Can you help me with what app you're using to record mileage and fuel top up?
Hi ! It's Fuelio app in Android. Not sure if it exists in iOS .
sairamboko is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 16:50   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
How much mileage are the owners of XL6 getting in city?
We're looking to replace our 8.5yrs old Innova (diesel of course) with a stop gap measure before we get an all out electric MPV/pseudo SUV in couple of years. I thought of the Toyota Hyryder but at 25L OTR Mumbai, it doesn't seem to make much sense as it is tight on space. We're a family of 4 & a 2.5yrs old kid, so 7 seats is priority, what with the kids paraphernalia whenever we all go out.

I think the mid trim XL6 is at about 14-15L odd which is alright, considering that the Innova G trim costs about 25L and the mileage is not anything great in it either. The only drawback with XL6 is that its petrol only
If you are looking for Diesel consider Marazzo. It is very fuel efficient. I own one and get 15+ kmpl in Hyderbad city traffic. And almost exactly the same size as the old Innova. You will feel right at home.
JediKnight is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 12:22   #245
BHPian

Hello,

Need one urgent help. I have booked XL6 Alpha with one of the dealers in Pune by paying 11000. Initially I was told that it will take around 2 months time. That was 4 days ago. Today I got a call that the chassis number is alloted and we will get your car in 7-8 days. I was pleasantly surprised. But now comes the questionable part. SA is asking me another 40000 which they are saying is for som allotment cost. Now ofcourse this would be deducted from the total cost. But I am not sure why they are asking this amount. What if there is some fault with the vehicle that I find in PDI? Then it would become a problem right? Has anyone else experienced this? Please guide urgently.
Old 18th August 2022, 14:56   #246
BHPian

Can somebody throw light on the ground clearance of the new xl6. The official brochure does not mention the ground clearance. However, media reviews mention it as 185 mm. Now I am confused as Ertiga too has the same ground clearance but XL6 has larger wheels and a different suspension setup.
According to me it should be identical to the Indonesian XL7 which has 200mm of ground clearance.
Old 18th August 2022, 18:05   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pras92003 View Post
Hello,

Today I got a call that the chassis number is alloted and we will get your car in 7-8 days. I was pleasantly surprised. But now comes the questionable part. SA is asking me another 40000 which they are saying is for som allotment cost. .
When i booked the SCross, the waiting period was 1-2 months since it was a 1.6. I got the car in 2 weeks time since the person to whom the car was billed to couldn't secure a loan and hence got allotted to me.
Regarding the 40k payment, never heard about an "allotment cost" or maybe it's something which i am not aware of. Please clarify with the dealer in person. You can take this up with Maruti also. May i know who is the dealer?
One of the cases i read, the SA requested to transfer money to his personal account and then vanished. Make sure that any transaction done must be with the dealer's account, no matter whatever the reason is.
Regarding the PDI, you have every right to reject the car if you see any issues. I released the payment only after doing the PDI.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 18th August 2022 at 18:07.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 19:05   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
When i booked the SCross, the waiting period was 1-2 months since it was a 1.6. I got the car in 2 weeks time since the person to whom the car was billed to couldn't secure a loan and hence got allotted to me.
Regarding the 40k payment, never heard about an "allotment cost" or maybe it's something which i am not aware of. Please clarify with the dealer in person. You can take this up with Maruti also. May i know who is the dealer?
One of the cases i read, the SA requested to transfer money to his personal account and then vanished. Make sure that any transaction done must be with the dealer's account, no matter whatever the reason is.
Regarding the PDI, you have every right to reject the car if you see any issues. I released the payment only after doing the PDI.
Thank you, Rakesh. Dealer is Excell Autovista in Baner. I think they want some advance to be sure of the intent.
Old 18th August 2022, 19:49   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Need one urgent help. I have booked XL6 Alpha with one of the dealers in Pune by paying 11000. Initially I was told that it will take around 2 months time. That was 4 days ago. Today I got a call that the chassis number is alloted and we will get your car in 7-8 days. I was pleasantly surprised. But now comes the questionable part. SA is asking me another 40000 which they are saying is for som allotment cost. Now ofcourse this would be deducted from the total cost. But I am not sure why they are asking this amount. What if there is some fault with the vehicle that I find in PDI? Then it would become a problem right? Has anyone else experienced this? Please guide urgently.
Just fire a mail to Maruti. All of this will get sorted in no time. I am amazed that SA or for that matter the dealer had guts to ask extra 40k while working with Maruti.

Tip: Have that 40k request in a SMS message or WhatsApp from dealer or SA.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 19:55   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Just fire a mail to Maruti. All of this will get sorted in no time. I am amazed that SA or for that matter the dealer had guts to ask extra 40k while working with Maruti.

Tip: Have that 40k request in a SMS message or WhatsApp from dealer or SA.
They will adjust it..so I am not that worried. Just wanted to understand if this is a usual procedure. Yes everything is captured on a WhatsApp conversation and also the bank account is in dealers name.
Old 18th August 2022, 20:01   #251
BHPian

Quote:
They will adjust it..so I am not that worried. Just wanted to understand if this is a usual procedure. Yes everything is captured on a WhatsApp conversation and also the bank account is in dealers name.
Got it. Even then, it's not the norm. Maruti may sell tin cans as products but their grievance redressal is the amongst the better ones. So just reach out to Maruti and ask the same questions. The ball will get rolling hopefully.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 08:35   #252
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
If you are looking for Diesel consider Marazzo. It is very fuel efficient. I own one and get 15+ kmpl in Hyderbad city traffic. And almost exactly the same size as the old Innova. You will feel right at home.
I thought Marazzo was discontinued
Will give it a look, thanks!
Old 19th August 2022, 12:45   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Even I had similar experience with Bimal Auto, Mahadevapura, Bangalore - they said the vehicle is at their yard which is around 80km from Bangalore, once I release complete downpayment amount only then they'll bring it to Bangalore - their reasoning was that they have limited storage space inside the city, so they can't keep it for long if there is any delay in payment.

But I was clear to them from first day that I'll make any payment only after doing PDI. SA & QA person replied by saying they'll talk to the team & vehicle will reach Bangalore in another 3-4 days for PDI. But they kept repeating the same thing whenever I checked; for 15 days without even raising a request to transport the vehicle (which I came to know later). After 15 days, I informed them that I'm cancelling my booking, then their store manager got involved & said he'll make sure vehicle reaches in next 2-3 days & insisted on making further payment. I denied it saying I no longer trust their word & don't want my money to get stuck with them.

Some friends suggested to take this up with Maruti, didn't do that as I was quite busy with some personal things.

Eventually I cancelled the booking and bought the car from another dealer ( Pratham motors, to be specific & they were much professional compared to first dealer, SA was also very transparent & finally got the vehicle).

My opinion is not to pay anything more than booking amount until you see the vehicle by yourself; anyway your are in no hurry to get the vehicle.
I'm not saying you won't get your money back if you decide to cancel the booking, but why to take the pain of doing so many follow-ups and waste a lot of personal time and energy for no fault of yours?

Last edited by Aditya : 20th August 2022 at 06:21. Reason: Typo
vnm008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 13:33   #254
BHPian

Agreed! I have requested for a PDI. One thing i got to know from the SA. Apparently the white XL6 was already available with some other dealer or warehouse ( was not clear) and they are sourcing it. The vehicle maybe 2-3 months old..just my guess. Should I go ahead with it if let's say it's two months old? A car sitting for long in a warehouse may develop problems right? What should be my maximum margin on the manufacturing date?
Old 24th August 2022, 17:06   #255
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Thanks for this crisp review.

After reading all the posts about lack of power, no progress with rpm, overtaking is very difficult etc.. I was wondering how bad it is.
For reference I regularly drive a humble Hyundai Eon (800cc) - 2 adults, 2 kids and lot of luggage between Kerala and Bangalore. I never felt the car lacks power for my sedate driving style. Yes some overtaking maneuvers needs planning, but that's how we should drive right? Calculate the gap, speed of the vehicle and capability of our car.

I think it will be way better than the Eon (I have XL6/Ertiga in my mind as an option for upgrade).
The least powerful car we have in family is a Alto K10 and Octavia 1.8 TSI at the other end (and an Ertiga in the middle somewhere).

If you are looking to enjoy your driving w.r.t. to speed/ acceleration, it only comes down to how does the car make you feel. The K10 is a very exciting car; of course Octavia will have many other things which would make the overall experience better. But Alto is still fun! (unless your fun is to leave other cars in dust).

What Ertiga is not, is fun. It is not slow, it just doesn't like being pushed, but if you do, it will make most 4 meter sedans/ hatches (other than the turbocharged ones) eat some dust.

Ertiga/ XL6 is what it says, 1.5 NA engine tuned for FE. But by the standards of many Diesel or Petrol turbo cars on the road, a 1.5 NA will require more planning to perform a high speed overtaking.

Last edited by SLK : 24th August 2022 at 17:34.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks