Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2022, 20:02   #241
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
How are you liking it so far? Do you find it to be too slow or the gear box tuning to be out of enough power for the engine?
Your feedback would be invaluable please, since I am close to finalising on the Meridian!
I think the official review sums it up well. The engine is “adequate” and while the gearbox isn’t dimwitted it isn’t lightning quick either. Speaking of engine grunt, the car isn’t slow but nor is it blazing fast. I think its the kind of car that will build up speed on its own terms and happily cruise at those high speeds but while it can provide a mature surefooted high speed cruising ability its not going to deliver it in a pedal to the metal style.

I still don’t have enough kms under my belt to comment in detail so I’d say read the official review carefully. My sense so far is that in city conditions the car feels nice enough to drive, even peppy. But you won’t get snappy kick down response if that’s what you’re looking for. For me, it ticks most of the boxes that I’m looking for although without a doubt it would have been much welcome if it had more grunt.

I suggest take a long test drive before you take the plunge and decide whether it suits your purpose.
Axe77 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 07:19   #242
BHPian

For the folks who are looking at the meridian, this might be helpful. SA who is in touch with me has confirmed a price hike of 2% from July 1st. SA confirms that if a booking is made now price protection will be applicable. Delivery confirmed for July if a booking made by this week. On a side note, the SA has been very diligent with his follow up.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Meridian Review-f3c3c53f84e64b2c9614a9f4e83ce1be.jpeg  

EaurougeatSpa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 08:24   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
For the folks who are looking at the meridian, this might be helpful.
Thank you for this info!

Is this applicable only for the Jeep Compass or for the Meridian too?
car-o-holic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 08:32   #244
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
.I may change my mind after adding RaceChip and XLR. Will keep you posted.
RaceChip is a waste. It bumps up the rail pressure primarily and this can bring its own problems. Won’t advise. Check if you can get transmission maps (if available at first place) else just wait for a while.
Turbanator is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 10:15   #245

I can completely relate to the feeling. I had picked up a diesel auto Compass in 2020 March and just couldn’t make my peace with the gearbox. Sold it within 6 months.
dhruvlath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 10:48   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Got first Meridian of North India delivered on 12th.

My first impression….can I return and get my money back?

Don’t get me wrong. Car is fantastic but can you run a truck on a scooter’s engine and gearbox?
Congrats on your new purchase. The car looks awesome in this color. I agree with you. The Jeep brand is certainly good but for a car of this size, the engine is pathetic. The styling is good but loses out on space and power. I think the new 'Scorpio N' will kill Meridian for sure.
Old 17th June 2022, 11:14   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How are you liking it so far? Do you find it to be too slow or the gear box tuning to be out of enough power for the engine?
Your feedback would be invaluable please, since I am close to finalising on the Meridian!
Maybe I am stating the obvious here - and with all due respect to the experts on this forum - while it is okay to collate inputs and feedback from reviews/owners on cars that you are considering, please base the final decision on nothing else but YOUR own analysis/experience of the car. Most key aspects like power, torque, gearbox behavior, ride comfort, interior space, etc. are individual preferences for us enthusiasts. What is powerful for me might be adequate for you and underpowered for someone else. Remember - at the end of the day, YOU have to live with the car for the next 5-8 (maybe more) years, not others. The car has to align with YOUR expectations on all aspects, figures on paper be damned. Especially in this case, we are talking about a significant amount of money - as suggested by Axe77, please take extensive test drives (with your family, if possible) and then take a call. Do not hurry it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchamp View Post
for a car of this size, the engine is pathetic.
Quote:
Car is fantastic but can you run a truck on a scooter’s engine and gearbox?
Jeep seem to have taken a cue from Ford on this front - the Endeavour was a brilliant car but was let down big time in its latest avatar by the 2.0 lit engine, which was an injustice to that beast of an SUV. Similar to the Meridian, the performance was "adequate" but not up to everyone's liking. There are folks who have been driving it for couple of years now and are loving it (as it checks the right boxes for them, and blistering performance ain't one of those ) and then there are some who have moved on after a short ownership stint.
cool_dube is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 11:18   #248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvlath View Post
I can completely relate to the feeling. I had picked up a diesel auto Compass in 2020 March and just couldn’t make my peace with the gearbox. Sold it within 6 months.
Just out of curiosity and if I may ask - how much value did it drop in less than a year. Will be good to know all my options with this one.

Even I’m going to see how it goes in the first two years. If its simply not doing it for me, I might pop it off in the sweet spot range of 3 - 4.5 years mark depending on whats available at that point, in a broad sweep of below, at and above the Meridian price point.

If its doing its job all right, I’d rather reserve the dry powder for the GT replacement which will be my personal car. This I suspect will continue to tick the box fine as my daily, chauffeur driven drive as well as the occasional own drives too. Waiting to take it on its first highway run asap.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 23:15   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for this info!

Is this applicable only for the Jeep Compass or for the Meridian too?
As far as I know, it’s for the meridian.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 00:10   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Just out of curiosity and if I may ask - how much value did it drop in less than a year. Will be good to know all my options with this one.

Even I’m going to see how it goes in the first two years. If its simply not doing it for me, I might pop it off in the sweet spot range of 3 - 4.5 years mark depending on whats available at that point, in a broad sweep of below, at and above the Meridian price point.

If its doing its job all right, I’d rather reserve the dry powder for the GT replacement which will be my personal car. This I suspect will continue to tick the box fine as my daily, chauffeur driven drive as well as the occasional own drives too. Waiting to take it on its first highway run asap.
I lost about 4.5L but it did take me a while to get the value for it. For me the combination of the pre face lift mid variant along with a bad engine/ gearbox combination was a disaster. Your car looks stunning and should work well as a chauffeur driven car.
dhruvlath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 00:40   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvlath View Post
Curious, what did you replace Compass with?
Old 18th June 2022, 01:54   #252
BHPian

Before I made my car purchase four months ago, Compass model S was one of the top contender and I never felt the the lack of power and not did I find the gearbox lethargic. In fact it checked all the right boxes for me. I believe the same combination is doing the job in the Meridian, and if that’s the case, may be it’s a personal opinion. It’s known that this transmission is not quick as DSG and for me, it wasn’t slow at all.
Jangra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 14:36   #253

@Axe77 @rishi_kapoor your cars are absolute stonkers! What beauties. Really. Pity about the underpowered engines and the gearbox, but this car is such a winner in the external looks department. Many congrats to both of you and happy mile munching.
Lion hearted is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 19:20   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
As far as I know, it’s for the meridian.
Update: There is 2% price increase confirmed for the Compass as well effective 1st July.
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:13   #255
BHPian

Any further updates from the owners on their current experiences?

We took another test drive and gearbox response does not seem to be a deal breaker but we are still on the fence for now!
With our other booking for MG ZS EV taking forever and delivery being postponed to Aug end or Sep, leaning a bit more toward the Meridian!

Request recent owners to please share their experience over the last few weeks which would provide more insight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks