Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2022, 13:32   #301
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

ACI compares the Jeep Meridian against the Toyota Fortuner and calls it "the better deal", and "the better car" among the two.

That should fire up the comments section.

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 14:11   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
ACI compares the Jeep Meridian against the Toyota Fortuner and calls it "the better deal", and "the better car" among the two.

That should fire up the comments section.

https://Youtu.be/GZh8pTHj2Zg
Any comparison which has the Fortuner up against another full-sized SUV in ACI’s video will always end with the other SUV winning. I don’t watch ACI’s comparisons which has the Fortuner in them anymore.

They are never updated with the latest features for the Fortuner anyways.

ACI brought a 4X4 Meridian and 4X2 Fortuner to compare, they should’ve brought a 4X4 Fortuner and gone off-roading in both. No point doing such a comparison at all.

End of the day, ACI isn’t going to buy these cars, they are given to them either for short-terms or on a long-term basis. They don’t know the real-time service costs, ASS experience, problems that any of the car can face, etc etc. Only an owner will know the issues and which car scores well in which department.

So giving a verdict just on the basis of which feels more premium, is less expensive (where did less expensive to own go?), Jeep is more of a premium brand in India doesn’t justify the verdict at all…

ACI can continue doing such reviews, the customer pays out of his pocket not ACI. And if the customer faces any issue, he/she will be on their own to fend with the company, ACI won’t intervene to help.

I am not saying that the Meridian is a bad car, in any way. I have driven both the 2022 Fortuner and 2022 Meridian almost back-to-back. I know where does the strength/weakness lie in both cars, something which was just not communicated in this video review.

Now I don’t want to start a fiery debate here, so will stop right here

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 11th August 2022 at 14:16.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 19:48   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
ACI brought a 4X4 Meridian and 4X2 Fortuner to compare, they should’ve brought a 4X4 Fortuner and gone off-roading in both. No point doing such a comparison at all.
Respectfully, beg to differ! For most users, 99% use is not off-road so the comparison still has validity. Yes, for off-road comparison they could've compared 4x4 vs 4x4 but I don't think it would change the review significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
End of the day, ACI isn’t going to buy these cars, they are given to them either for short-terms or on a long-term basis. They don’t know the real-time service costs, ASS experience, problems that any of the car can face, etc etc. Only an owner will know the issues and which car scores well in which department.
That's something to be said for all reviews, ACI or not. Can there even be a long-term ownership cost calculation for a newly launched car? I believe buyers primarily expect first-impression from such videos, which platforms like ACI deliver. Most buyers would supplement with real-life reviews from car owners.

Having said that, Fortuner is certainly not a bad car. I'm currently shopping. The appalling lack of features, tiring ride quality & lacklustre premiumness of the Fortuner truly are undeniably very sore points.

Cheers!
Machine_Mania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 13:22   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansense View Post
Woot! Finally I'm the proud owner of my Meridian Velvet Red FWD Limited(O) AT. So far the process from Jeep PPS HSR Layout in Bangalore was pretty good.
Just wanted to check if your driver seat ventilation turns on automatically when vehicle is started. In my Meridian, it turns on when I start the car and I have to manually switch it off if not needed.
Old 17th August 2022, 13:54   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainudit View Post
Just wanted to check if your driver seat ventilation turns on automatically when vehicle is started. In my Meridian, it turns on when I start the car and I have to manually switch it off if not needed.
yes, it does turn on automatically for the driver side. Haven't checked on the passenger side.
shansense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 15:14   #306
BHPian

Quote:
yes, it does turn on automatically for the driver side. Haven't checked on the passenger side.
Ok, so that is really not an issue then in my car. The passenger side does not turn on itself. I read somewhere that the car settings are such that driver seat ventilation will turn on automatically if the inside car temperature is greater than 25 or 26 degrees, but just wasnt sure that is the case.
BTW congratulations on your purchase and happy driving. I have exactly the same variant and colour as you have bought and have enjoyed it so far.
Jainudit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 11:04   #307

Re: Jeep Meridian Review - App related

A note for future buyers:

Don't signup in the jeep app using google, apple etc. Use a basic username/password signup ONLY.

I didn't realize this when I signed up for the app, but basically the Jeep app doesn't allow a password-based login if you signed up using a social media account.

I signed up using my apple id. But since the apple id on my wife's phone is different, now the bottomline is that my wife cannot use the app.

By and large the app is fairly useless, I can see maybe two or three cases where it might actually be useful:
- You forgot to lock the car and are far away
- You are unsure of where exactly your Jeep is, and where it has been.
- You forgot the key inside and the Jeep got locked. (I'm not sure how this can happen, so putting this last)

of which, only the first one seems like really useful. Second is useful only if you have a chauffeur.
Old 18th August 2022, 15:06   #308
Rda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainudit View Post
I am facing a peculiar issue with my Meridian. The driver seat ventilation switches on automatically everytime I start the car. It has to be manually turned off then. Are you facing the same issue with your meridian ?? Want to check if this is by design or a fault.
I still can't figure the logic behind the auto on/off of the Driver Seat Ventilation in the Jeep Meridian. I've tried a lot of different combinations and permutations, but I still can't figure out why the driver seat ventilation occasionally turns on and sometimes doesn't. However, this has not been problematic for me.
Old 18th August 2022, 15:32   #309
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Meridian Review - App related

Quote:
Don't signup in the jeep app using google, apple etc. Use a basic username/password signup ONLY. Second is useful only if you have a chauffeur.
If you have a chauffeur it has some other useful usage as well. You can set your notifications such that the app informs you if the car is idling for more than 10 mins (basically is your chauffeur running the car while parked).

You can also keep speed limit notifications. So if you set it at 120 and your driver drives without you in the car, you will know if he's crossed that limit. Of course journey details will also give you this data point.

Again, useful if your driver is driving without you and you want an idea of how fast he drives the car.

On the idling point alone, for chauffeur driven owners, I feel its worth it.

If you get your car picked up and dropped too by the dealer, you can tell how he's driving from the number of hard braking, hard accelerations etc. For instance, Jeep's pick up / drop drivers drove my car on a service visit reasonably well. But one of the dealer drivers drove it from one workshop to another in a notably rash manner. I had made a point of it to the SA at the time.
Axe77 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 15:44   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rda View Post
I still can't figure the logic behind the auto on/off of the Driver Seat Ventilation in the Jeep Meridian. I've tried a lot of different combinations and permutations, but I still can't figure out why the driver seat ventilation occasionally turns on and sometimes doesn't. However, this has not been problematic for me.
In my experience so far, the driver seat ventilation has turned on automatically every time I have started the engine. Its not an issue as such, just the annoyance of not knowing why its behaving this way.
Jainudit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 02:51   #311

I heard today that Jeep may be hiking the Meridian price!
Old 19th August 2022, 07:42   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine_Mania View Post
I heard today that Jeep may be hiking the Meridian price!
As per internal mail Jeep may hike prices across range by 3.5-5% wef 1/9/2022.
viky_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 14:19   #313
BHPian

3%-5% Increase in Jeep models from 1st Sept.

Better availability Vs competition seems to be the driving factor here.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Meridian Review-whatsapp-image-20220822-11.24.44.jpeg  

Gsynch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 13:11   #314
BHPian

I am experiencing a noise in my new Jeep Meridian from the rear driver side suspension / shocker every time it goes over a big bump or a speed breaker and the suspension has to do some work. It is a single "TUK" sort of noise. Anyone has any idea what may be causing that please !! The car is brand new and I have been very gentle with it so far so it cannot be any damage due to rough use.
Old 25th August 2022, 18:03   #315

My new Jeep Meridian arrived yesterday. Now at Ceramic Pro for the coating
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Meridian Review-b4c374c31d884ae39dcb5a6720c60c74.jpeg  

gulmohars is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks