Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 16:43   #946
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Wanted to know how good is the AC on the new Scorpio N?

I have heard a few things, but still looking for official documentation/confirmation from Mahindra or experts on this forum:
  1. Does the Scorpio N really have 2 separate AC compressors? Its being told that this is some totally new setup in this segment.
  2. How is the AC cooling in the 2nd and the 3rd rows? Heard that the 2nd row AC air throw is much higher than what we have seen in other vehicles so far.
  3. How does the Scorpio N manage to start the AC remotely? Does it run it on battery or does it start the engine? My understanding is that the AC compressor needs the engine to be ON else it just blows air (not cold)?
  4. Has anyone experienced the AC in hot climate? Its rainy season in India and most reviews are in cloudy/rainy conditions.
Old 2nd August 2022, 18:00   #947
BHPian

A short test drive,

As the Scorpio N was revealed, I wanted to test drive it, for future purchase. The N design is similar to Tiguan and old school understated SUVs.

What I liked:

- Design
- Turning radius
- ICE (fine tuning required)
- Sitting height
- Green and Black color looks nice

What I disliked

- Felt like a chauffeur (same feeling I had when I test drove 2008 Corolla)
- Piano black shiny media player dashboard
- Very sensitive brake pedal

Felt like a different car when sitting inside than what the exterior design suggests. Very disheartened / disappointed.
Old 2nd August 2022, 18:05   #948

Opinion: I think Mahindra made a big mistake allowing online bookings (and subsequently causing a lot of chaos and frustration in the process). I think it might have been more streamlined and efficient to just use the traditional method of booking through a dealer, the dealers might be able to control the amount of bookings done and this whole server crash and payment debacle might not have happened.
shadow59 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 18:10   #949
BHPian

Has anyone seen the Grand Canyon color in person ? Also, no video till date has shown the Dazzling Silver color as well. if anyone has seen or has some pics, pls. share..

My current car is white and hence wife wants some other color. I have booked Dazzling Silver but also inclined for the Grand Canyon color. if someone can help around this, will be great!
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 18:15   #950
BANNED

The Scorpio N Diesel 4WD DO NOT GET ZIP, ZAP, ZOOM. Is there a reason why? How good or bad is this if one goes for the Scorpio N Diesel 4WD option?
MetalClank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 19:18   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Has anyone seen the Grand Canyon color in person ? Also, no video till date has shown the Dazzling Silver color as well.
Red or Grand canyon won't be a great choice of colour since rear light cluster will merge into similar colour. There won't be any contrast and the rear portion will look like a big chunk of red/ orange/ earthy colour trunk. You need to break the monotony.

Silver is a rare colour for Scorpio. It may get delayed for delivery. Same for grand canyon.

White looks elegant. Black is beautiful. Deep forest is close to my heart.

My wife says white, my choice is deep forest. Need to settle this matter before 15th August.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 19:20   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
This is not the official review. That will come later. This was compiled during the launch event.
When can we expect the official review?
Old 2nd August 2022, 20:29   #953
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
My wife says white, my choice is deep forest. Need to settle this matter before 15th August.
I had a look at Deep Forest - In anything but the brightest light, it looks like a black Scorpio that sat too long without cleaning, and a layer of dust made it a slight bit lighter. In the evening time, it did not look appealing at all. In bright sunlight, and if the car is cleaned, the deep green shows its presence and looks good.

IMO, Black is a better and safer bet. M&M paint quality has improved tremendously from the old Scorpio, and so if you are mentally mapping to the rough gangster look of the old black Scorpio, you need to re-think. Have a look at the new Thar in Napoli Black - it really shines and paint quality is very rich - more of a black limo-type shade than the old Amby black taxi shade. This is the exact shade and quality (if not better) that the Scorpio will get.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 2nd August 2022 at 20:37.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 20:35   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Red or Grand canyon won't be a great choice of colour since rear light cluster will merge into similar colour. There won't be any contrast and the rear portion will look like a big chunk of red/ orange/ earthy colour trunk. You need to break the monotony.
Agree. I could make it out in the very early videos of launch about the red color but was still hopeful about the grand canyon but then again not sure how will it look on such a big car. Copper which came in 5OO was a nice shade.

Quote:
Silver is a rare colour for Scorpio. It may get delayed for delivery. Same for grand canyon.

If not silver, I’ll opt for White only. Somehow Deep Forest looked good at launch and on wallpapers but don’t know why i didn’t like it when i saw the TD car. Possibility is, the car was quite dirty and hence the color didn't appeal but anyways white is the most elegant. If there is no agreement till 15th, I’ll keep the same color as booked. Might as well visit the showroom to see the green once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
The Scorpio N Diesel 4WD DO NOT GET ZIP, ZAP, ZOOM. Is there a reason why? How good or bad is this if one goes for the Scorpio N Diesel 4WD option?
These modes are given only in the MT and not in AT. These basically alter the engine behavior based on selected mode which can be utilized more in the manual transmission as you have control on the upshifts/ downshifts. They are not present in AT itself leave aside the 4WD. This will not be useful in the 4WD mode anyways.

Last edited by rahulya007 : 2nd August 2022 at 20:58. Reason: added a response
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 22:20   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
These modes are given only in the MT and not in AT. These basically alter the engine behavior based on selected mode which can be utilized more in the manual transmission as you have control on the upshifts/ downshifts. They are not present in AT itself leave aside the 4WD. This will not be useful in the 4WD mode anyways.
Not sure about this. I think these modes are available in the ATs too. Just not available in the 4X4s.
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 23:12   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Not sure about this. I think these modes are available in the ATs too. Just not available in the 4X4s.
You are right..Diesel AT does have it. 4WD doesn’t.
rahulya007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 23:21   #957
BANNED

What is the tested mileage of the 4WD Z8L AT Diesel? . I could not find any reliable source of this information anywhere (searched a lot)!

Also, how would the online booking convert itself if one took a company lease? I am sure booking it on the company name would also be risky incase Mahindra decides to ask for KYC to confirm the authenticity of the online booking. Company lease is a fairly common process, so I am assuming one can convert the booking done on one's own name to company lease?
Old 3rd August 2022, 05:18   #958
BHPian

Quote:
What is the tested mileage of the 4WD Z8L AT Diesel? . I could not find any reliable source of this information anywhere (searched a lot)!

Also, how would the online booking convert itself if one took a company lease? I am sure booking it on the company name would also be risky incase Mahindra decides to ask for KYC to confirm the authenticity of the online booking. Company lease is a fairly common process, so I am assuming one can convert the booking done on one's own name to company lease?
There is a video (DDS channel) where the guys took 4EXPLORs to Ladakh and the car was returning 9-10 kmpl in that terrain. We can reach our assumptions going by that number. I am guessing the car should do anything between 10 kmpl (city) to about 13-14 kmpl (highways). But yes, have not come across a video where they put the car to a mileage test.

I had asked the question about Company Lease to my dealer and he said he will be able to do that once the car is allotted. So, check with your dealer and keep him aware that you want your booking converted when the vehicle arrives.
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 06:10   #959
BANNED

Quote:
Wanted to know how good is the AC on the new Scorpio N?

I have heard a few things, but still looking for official documentation/confirmation from Mahindra or experts on this forum:
  1. Does the Scorpio N really have 2 separate AC compressors? Its being told that this is some totally new setup in this segment.
  2. How is the AC cooling in the 2nd and the 3rd rows? Heard that the 2nd row AC air throw is much higher than what we have seen in other vehicles so far.
  3. How does the Scorpio N manage to start the AC remotely? Does it run it on battery or does it start the engine? My understanding is that the AC compressor needs the engine to be ON else it just blows air (not cold)?
  4. Has anyone experienced the AC in hot climate? Its rainy season in India and most reviews are in cloudy/rainy conditions.
Any experts to help above questions about the AC in Scorpio N?
Old 3rd August 2022, 08:03   #960

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I had a look at Deep Forest - In anything but the brightest light, it looks like a black Scorpio that sat too long without cleaning, and a layer of dust made it a slight bit lighter. In the evening time, it did not look appealing at all. In bright sunlight, and if the car is cleaned, the deep green shows its presence and looks good.
A little lighter shade of green would have been better. However for carefree users and offroaders the green is the one which will age very well. Black will look good only if you maintain the gloss where as the green will look even better once the gloss gets rubbed off with swirl marks due to daily wash by the car wash guy and over all wear on the paint due to offroad use.
SunLikeStar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks