Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 15:24   #631
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Congratulations on your new ride - wish you many happy years with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
front and rear skid plate (mainly to hide the ugly exhaust can
This is news to me, could you please give us a close up pic of the rear skid plates, and how it hides the end can?
Old 13th February 2023, 18:14   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
My 2017 brezza came with Appollo tyres which was very noisy in concrete stretch not so in tarmac, but brezza suspension was stiff, so I traded 3k run tyres for michilein with 4.5k buy back per tyre which completely solved noise issue but not much improvement in ride quality.
Thanks, I'm not quite sure if I'd go all the way for Michelins since I'm kind of eying the Yoko BluEarth GT for now. But we'll see. I'll get a few second opinions from family members who currently use that tyre before proceeding.

And you're right, the Brezza's suspension is a bit firmer than I'm used to (I was upgrading from Hyundai hatchbacks). The ride is quite smooth, but the sideways motion while crossing bad roads at low speeds makes me feel like a bobblehead. Such occasions are not so common, so I just take it in stride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
Congratulations on your new ride - wish you many happy years with it!

This is news to me, could you please give us a close up pic of the rear skid plates, and how it hides the end can?
Thanks, and I'll edit my choice of words a bit. The rear cladding does not hide the exhaust can as much as it camouflages it.

This first picture is lifted from the official review. The contrast in colour makes the exhaust can quite visible.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-2022marutibrezza31.jpg

This second pic is what I took, of my car. Please note that the floor was too dirty for me to go down all the way and match the angle of the official snapshot. But you can see how the few cms of cladding somewhat camouflages the exhaust can from the view of a driver behind me.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img_20230213_175726116.jpg

I'm in no way advertising for the cladding though, it is just a flimsy bit of plastic at the end of the day. The sidestep is the one accessory that has been used the most by my family. It's solid metal (Aluminium? Not quite sure) and is bolted on quite securely.

Last edited by Small Bot : 13th February 2023 at 18:20.
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 18:27   #633
BHPian

Quote:
This second pic is what I took, of my car.
I see your point, and thanks for the pic. You don't have to get down to the floor

Quote:
I'm in no way advertising for the cladding though
And I didn't insinuate you did. These are just accent pieces, for sure.
But it does look nice.

Regarding the stiff suspension, yes it is bouncy but for me - it gives me a lot of confidence in taking bad roads. One thing I learnt from a long-time MSIL owner, the bad roads are better taken at higher speeds than lower.
cr4nkshaft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 18:39   #634
BHPian

Quote:
One thing I learnt from a long-time MSIL owner, the bad roads are better taken at higher speeds than lower.
This is good advice, thanks. I chose this car mainly for its reliable engine and gearbox. Basically to serve as a fill-and-forget car for the growing family. It's good to know that it doesn't require too much coddling.
Old 14th February 2023, 09:39   #635
BHPian

Quote:
The bad roads are better taken at higher speeds than lower.
I disagree since have used my Sx4 for 14 yrs before I sold it off in March 2022, have travelled on all types of surfaces(roads) and the more fast you are the more your car will be taking a hit. Best to crawl if the roads are very bad or keep a reasonable speed (@35-40kmph) if slightly better. Faster speeds are only when the roads are perfectly/freshly tarred or on expressways.
Old 14th February 2023, 12:37   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
Best to crawl if the roads are very bad or keep a reasonable speed (@35-40kmph) if slightly better.
When I said faster I meant 40-50 and not 80-90, apologies if that was not clear. Very bad roads would necessitate crawl speeds, thats a given. But minor potholes and undulations are better taken at 40-50 to avoid the bounciness, and that won’t harm the underbody or suspension - this is my understanding.
Old 14th February 2023, 14:33   #637
BHPian

Quote:
When I said faster I meant 40-50 and not 80-90, apologies if that was not clear. Very bad roads would necessitate crawl speeds, thats a given. But minor potholes and undulations are better taken at 40-50 to avoid the bounciness, and that won’t harm the underbody or suspension - this is my understanding.
Yes you are right but even to go at 40-50 lot depends on the age of the car because if <5 yrs then ok. Also many times the road is straight without potholes but not tarred then better to go slow or the tires will take a hit.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 14:40   #638
BHPian

Quote:
I have a question for current Brezza owners, regarding the stock tyres.

Mine came shod with MRF Wanderer Ecotred Street 215/60 R16s, rated 95H. Over the last 400 kms and especially when I've set cruise control at ~60-80 kmph, the tyre noise has become unbearable. Tyre noise drowns the engine noise and at times even the audio from the speakers. The grip has been good, though I've not driven on muddy/slippery roads or had any panic-braking situations so far. It's just the noise that's irritating.
The noise as is more due to road condition and not due to the tyres. I also have the same set and not encountered any noise even at speeds of>100 kmph which I rarely go( since my FE dips) so usually it is around 80-90 kmph. Travelled about 8500 kms since delivery.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 17:35   #639
BHPian

Quote:
The noise as is more due to road condition and not due to the tyres. I also have the same set and not encountered any noise even at speeds of>100 kmph which I rarely go( since my FE dips) so usually it is around 80-90 kmph. Travelled about 8500 kms since delivery.
Ok, fair enough. I'll delay the decision on the tyres and stick to the stock set for now. Probably putting up more kms on the odo might help me make up my mind. As I said earlier, I have no complaints about the grip till date.
Old 14th February 2023, 19:37   #640
BHPian

Is there an option to change the display color on the ZXI smartplay pro from the default blue? I saw the same GUI on a friend's GrandVitara Delta and it was in black, which looked neater to me.
Old 14th February 2023, 20:14   #641
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
*Also since your car is ZXI+ then will only start if the key is within the stipulated range.
*For rat mesh - if closed or covered parking then chances are less to negligible.
I know the car comes equipped with some inbuilt security features, but that can be overridden with some effort. So I'm looking for gear or steering lock for additional peace of mind when I park in public place.
I'm parking the vehicle in a closed parking in my apartment near a garbage bin. So I'm little concerned. Is rat mesh alone sufficient to keep the rats away in Brezza?
How necessary is it to do underbody anti rust coating in a place like Bangalore? I read that it is important in coastal areas.
Maruti's airbag compliant seat cover for ZXI+ is just too plain. Has anyone found better after market seat covers?

Last edited by VIZ : 14th February 2023 at 20:17. Reason: Typo
Old 14th February 2023, 21:11   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, fair enough. I'll delay the decision on the tyres and stick to the stock set for now. Probably putting up more kms on the odo might help me make up my mind. As I said earlier, I have no complaints about the grip till date.
Also I presume you must be using your AC, as the noise will be minimal to nil and can enjoy your music/audio. Also do try out a good highway(no potholes and can take speeds) and you can put your mind at ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
So I'm looking for gear or steering lock for additional peace of mind when I park in public place.
I'm parking the vehicle in a closed parking in my apartment near a garbage bin. So I'm little concerned. Is rat mesh alone sufficient to keep the rats away in Brezza?
How necessary is it to do underbody anti rust coating in a place like Bangalore? I read that it is important in coastal areas.
Maruti's airbag compliant seat cover for ZXI+ is just too plain. Has anyone found better after market seat covers?
*IMHO if the car is locked the steering also locks and is difficult to manoeuvre. Simple test just switch off your engine and before getting out of the car try to turn the steering - it won't. Also you can track your car by maruti app - Suzuki Connect which has Intrusion and immobilizer alert which are by default enabled.
*By closed parking in your apartment near a garbage bin - you mean your parking is in the apartment and garbage bin outside near your apartment or
parking is in the apartment and garbage bin next to it. For the former if the surroundings are clean then do not worry but if latter then get your car secured - there is a post in the forum on how to protect the car from rats.
*Underbody rust coating is usually done six to eight months after delivery before the monsoons - but in my case got mine in august 2022 so used it in full rainy season and now end of June 2023 will check and take a call.
*Airbag compliant seat covers are available in aftermarket links below
https://elegantautohyd.com/index.php (found on the net)
Old 15th February 2023, 07:41   #643
BHPian

Quote:
*IMHO if the car is locked the steering also locks and is difficult to manoeuvre. Simple test just switch off your engine and before getting out of the car try to turn the steering - it won't.

*Airbag compliant seat covers are available in aftermarket links below
Two points to add to what ACMerchant said.

The steering locks a few seconds after the engine switches off. I've stopped at signals and seen the idle start-stop mechanism switch off the engine aggressively. The steering locks tightly a few seconds after that and is released only when I lift my foot off the brake pedal. This is a reminder for me to keep the front tyres pointed straight when I stop for a signal or wait to take a u-turn.

About the seat covers, Maruti provides seat sleeves only for the variant with seat airbags. Yes, you could go the aftermarket route for better seat covers, but I would again advise to go for aftermarket seat sleeves only, so as to not impede the airbag deployment. While the aftermarket dealers might claim all covers are airbag compliant, please take it with a pinch of salt and do a bit of research before buying.

Last edited by Small Bot : 15th February 2023 at 07:42.
Old 16th February 2023, 12:52   #644
BHPian

Is Brezza 2022/2023 E20(20 percent ethanol fuel mix) compliant?
Old 16th February 2023, 13:13   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstraind View Post
Is Brezza 2022/2023 E20(20 percent ethanol fuel mix) compliant?
It is E10 fuel compliant as per owners manual
pranjal1984 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed