Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2023, 10:23   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Sun control films for Sunroof now available as accessory for Grand Vitara in different VLTs:

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20230503wa0001.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 09:47   #572
BHPian

Interesting update : After the recent Price Hike of Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder , the price difference between the top end Hyryder and Grand Vitara (Ex Showroom Delhi prices) is just INR 5000 which was substantially more at launch.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 13:52   #573

Thanks for sharing. Could you please let me know where to find these Trip Statistics in the menu. I have never seen this in my hybrid's MID, and did not find it even in my manual , and had been missing it in my new car ..... Will be of great help if you can please share how to reach this screen (Trip Statistics). Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The city mileage has been around 25kmpl. This car went on its first long highway drive and returned these figures. The route was on Delhi-Mumbai Expressway. Time difference is due to stoppage enroute.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th May 2023 at 14:00. Reason: broken quote tag fixed
Old 13th May 2023, 15:14   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
The engine has to burn fuel to generate power to charge the EV if and when it is charging without regenerative braking. Energy can only change form, not generated out of no-where. One can't change physics. So, the efficiency of a pure and efficient ICE engine will return better efficiency than a hybrid car when it is charging the battery without regenerative braking (highway situation without much braking).
Totally agree on the physics. But... Here's how Japanese hybrids are more efficient even if the engines are charging a battery to run a motor:

1. The engines work on the Atkinson cycle, which is substantially more efficient than the regular Otto or Diesel cycles.

2. When coasting or in city driving, peak power is never demanded (the 90 odd PS of the ICE is not used, maybe around 1/3rd of that). Therefore some enegry can go towards recharging a battery and the rest to drive the wheels, all while the engine is running at peak efficiency.

No energy is created out of thin air, it is just managing the available energy as efficiently as possible. Regen braking is just the icing on the cake.

All of what you said is totally relevant in the context of European plug in hybrids. This is also precisely why plug in hybrids are no where near as efficient as the Japanese Hybrids (consistently I mean, they probably are when the owners diligently plug them in regularly).

PHEVs use a totally different philosophy. They pair a regular ICE with a big lump of a battery and a motor. The engine is the primary driver (hardly ever running at peak efficiency), battery and motor just assist.

In case of the Japanese cars, the engine serves as a generator running at peak efficiency + happens to assist in driving duties.
Old 13th May 2023, 16:08   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIMA View Post
Thanks for sharing. Could you please let me know where to find these Trip Statistics in the menu.
The Grand Vitara is my sister in law's car so I don't have access to more details. All the trip details are available on the connect app.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 22:11   #576

Thanks! (I will check again on my Toyota iConnect.....it looks like Toyota app might be missing these details)
Old 13th May 2023, 22:34   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The Grand Vitara is my sister in law's car so I don't have access to more details. All the trip details are available on the connect app.
You can find Trip history (distance traveled, Avg Speed, Fuel Economy etc.), Driving analysis details from Suzuki Connect App.
skumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 19:38   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIMA View Post
Thanks! (I will check again on my Toyota iConnect.....it looks like Toyota app might be missing these details)
Toyota iconnect app does not have these details, its has basic features like location, geo fencing, lights, horn, door lock and engine on\off only.
aks812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 00:41   #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post
Toyota iconnect app does not have these details, its has basic features like location, geo fencing, lights, horn, door lock and engine on\off only.
Thanks for the confirmation. That is a BIG miss and an unbelievable miss - not having that option (to check on Trip data at will) altogether! Miss all that Trip data ever since I have been using the Hyryder.
Old 16th May 2023, 09:16   #580

I have a question.

After analysis of options (Team BHP reviews were such a big help), I have narrowed down the choice of the new car we have narrowed down to the Grand Vitara, Weak hybrid.
Am not a big fan of sunroof because of Indian conditions. However the without sunroof variant Zeta AT misses out on 360 camera (the leather upholstery can be added later but I understand adding the camera will void the warranty).

Any suggestions please?

We live in Ahmedabad, am 60 years and have been chauffeur driven during my service period. The car is intended for my life after superannuation (in 6 months)..wife and I will go on long drives and thus the strong hybrid option was eliminated because of boot space

Apologies, in advance, if this should have been posted in another section
Old 21st May 2023, 12:22   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowhatislife View Post
I have a question.

Am not a big fan of sunroof because of Indian conditions. However the without sunroof variant Zeta AT misses out on 360 camera (the leather upholstery can be added later but I understand adding the camera will void the warranty).

Any suggestions please?
I think the 360 camera in GV is not a good quality unit. Looks aftermarket and resolution is also poor. It's not as good as in the korean cars. So you can skip it in my opinion. Rear camera with sensors will be good enough. For the size of GV I think 360 camera is not mandatory but a feel good feature.

BTW, can new owners please confirm if the strong hybrid engine is E20 compliant or not. Maruti and my dealer says their engines are E20 compliant from April 2023 but the strong hybrid is a Toyota unit and their Hycross was E10 compliant at launch.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 16:45   #582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
BTW, can new owners please confirm if the strong hybrid engine is E20 compliant or not. Maruti and my dealer says their engines are E20 compliant from April 2023 but the strong hybrid is a Toyota unit and their Hycross was E10 compliant at launch.
Please see image below from Toyota’s user manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_0102.jpeg  

Er_Who is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 15:03   #583

Hi All,

I have a question to ask fellow Grand Vitara owners about AC of the car, its feels like foot vents are more powerful than the ones on the face, whenever I switch the control to both foot and face, the face vents airflow reduces drastically. I have to increase blower to four or five levels to get the most out of face vents if both vents are open but then within minutes the feet start to freeze up to the point its unbearable. This has been noticed by multiple people who have been in the car. I always keep the back seat vents closed if no one is sitting there but even with them open it is the same thing.

Not particularly sure if this is a issue with my car or the design error from Maruti. I have not been able to fid out anything online about it and I asked a known of mine in the service center also, he also haven't heard of this in any other Vitara till now. The cooling is no issue in terms of AC performance. I never felt this thing in my old car Baleno.
Old 2nd June 2023, 19:56   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueSagittarian View Post
Hi All,

I have a question to ask fellow Grand Vitara owners about AC of the car, its feels like foot vents are more powerful than the ones on the face, whenever I switch the control to both foot and face, the face vents airflow reduces drastically. I have to increase blower to four or five levels to get the most out of face vents if both vents are open but then within minutes the feet start to freeze up to the point its unbearable. This has been noticed by multiple people who have been in the car. I always keep the back seat vents closed if no one is sitting there but even with them open it is the same thing. .
When the flow to feet is selected the air pushed there and the flow gets divided between feet and face so its bound to have low force in the front. Seems very normal.
Old 2nd June 2023, 21:16   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post
When the flow to feet is selected the air pushed there and the flow gets divided between feet and face so its bound to have low force in the front. Seems very normal.
That I do understand but what I am talking about is when the airflow is pushed to foot vents it is more than the air pushed towards the face vents, the ratio is not proper. It clearly feels that more airflow is coming from foot vents than face vents when both are opened. Now I don't know if there's an exact ratio by design for the vents but I am certain that foot vents generally do not provide more airflow than the face vents.

TeamBHP Veterans please if anyone can provide some knowledge about this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks