Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 16:03   #601
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID7115 View Post
Hi Everyone

I spent some quality time with the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara.

Cheers
Siddharth
Hi Siddharth,
I have been driving the Allgrip variant for the past 9000kms and while I agree with most of your points, I don't agree that the rear seat is comfortable for three passengers. The middle seat is at best ok for a small person or a child, for short distances. The backrest here is pretty stiff and would raise complaints from anyone over a long drive.
Further, regarding the fuel economy, I drove for 29 kms from Sion to Belapur in Mumbai this morning at less than 80kmph, with a very light foot, just to reply to you, and the app showed an economy of 19kmpl. When I drive as I please I usually get 14-16 kmpl on the same stretch.
Further, when I use the sport mode I'm blown away by the acceleration and am shocked when I look at the speedometer. The sound in this mode is also pretty awesome, for someone who has graduated to this car from a Qualis and a Ford Classic. I always use this mode when I go up the ghats to Pune and am very happy with its performance, given that its just a 1.5L engine with no turbo. In fact I like to think that the sport mode is like an E-turbo option, available from start, unlike a regular turbo, which kicks in after a certain RPM.
I have no complaints about the doors and boot. In fact the boot locks when I let it go just a few inches from the shut position. No need to push it or slam it at all.
Cheers.
FarPatel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 16:15   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
Further, regarding the fuel economy, I drove for 29 kms from Sion to Belapur in Mumbai this morning at less than 80kmph, with a very light foot, just to reply to you, and the app showed an economy of 19kmpl. When I drive as I please I usually get 14-16 kmpl on the same stretch.
Further, when I use the sport mode I'm blown away by the acceleration and am shocked when I look at the speedometer. The sound in this mode is also pretty awesome, for someone who has graduated to this car from a Qualis and a Ford Classic. I always use this mode when I go up the ghats to Pune and am very happy with its performance, given that its just a 1.5L engine with no turbo.
The tank to tank fuel efficiency figure I calculated was 16.3 kmpl on a 375 km drive to Guntur from Hyderabad. It was a mix of great roads and village roads. I was quite impressed by the efficiency.
The most important point of this engine was that it doesn’t show any lack of power although its the least powerful in the segment. The push to 100kph is in fact better than the Seltos.
As far as the boot door was concerned, I felt that the lower part of the boot made some random noises. So, I made that observation.
The seats were comfortable enough for 3 adults, each with a height of 5 ft 5 inches.

For the past 5 years, I've been sitting in large vehicles. This felt like the perfect size.

Also, do you miss ADAS and Ventilated Seats on this model?? Also, how's the AWD system??
We might get the Alpha MT AWD.
Old 19th June 2023, 16:49   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID7115 View Post
Also, do you miss ADAS and Ventilated Seats on this model?? Also, how's the AWD system? We might get the Alpha MT AWD.
Yes, my tankfull to tankfull method, which I have been using for the past 23 years, also returns a similar mileage for this car. However, if you want to know the average mileage for a particular trip, you probably know that you need to push the RHS knob on the instrument cluster to reset it. You can then see the actual mileage increasing and decreasing as per the weight of your right foot.

About the ADAS, I'm not familiar with it so can't comment. However, it seems to me that it would not allow you to move at all, in crowded roads, with pedestrians, two wheelers, three wheelers etc. getting in and out of your way.

The AWD system? As I said earlier, I'm blown away by the acceleration and the sound.
Cheers.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th July 2023 at 14:01. Reason: Quoted the relevant post.
Old 21st June 2023, 14:02   #604
BHPian

I spent some quality time with the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara.

Hi Siddharth,

I am totally in agreement with your view apart from one observation, I found the tailgate and Bonnet to be pretty heavy. I have been owning GV All grip since February and I can vouch confidently that the Boot and The Bonnet are as heavy as the Kushaq and the Taigun , both of whom I test drove before finalising this. The doors are light , and even the Creta doors feel heavier but crash test ratings are not dependent on that and I believe the C Platform is Suzuki's legacy platform and its structural integrity is pretty sound.
Old 21st June 2023, 19:15   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Further, when I use the sport mode I'm blown away by the acceleration and am shocked when I look at the speedometer. I always use this mode when I go up the ghats to Pune and am very happy with its performance, given that its just a 1.5L engine with no turbo.
Hi FarPatel, as you'd already know, using the "sport" mode actually runs the engine at a higher RPM. From a safety perspective, I would recommend that while doing a descent on a hill, it may be safer to put the car in the normal mode and do engine braking as and when required.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 20:55   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Hi FarPatel, as you'd already know, using the "sport" mode actually runs the engine at a higher RPM. From a safety perspective, I would recommend that while doing a descent on a hill, it may be safer to put the car in the normal mode and do engine braking as and when required.
Oh, I know that. I use the sport mode only while going up the ghats, not while descending. Thanks anyway.
Cheers.
Old 23rd June 2023, 08:01   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmystyle07 View Post
Has anyone got this done under NEXA ? Is it available ?
I got my car on 9th June and ordered the CR20 film for some 6.5k. The film is yet to arrive at the dealership but they had CR70 ready in stock for 4-4.5k approx. So yes sunroof films are available and depending upon your choice, you may have to wait a little longer.
Carpainter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 20:34   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I got my car on 9th June and ordered the CR20 film for some 6.5k. The film is yet to arrive at the dealership but they had CR70 ready in stock for 4-4.5k approx. So yes sunroof films are available and depending upon your choice, you may have to wait a little longer.
I got a dark cheap sunfilm installed recently on the roof as an experiment and it worked, felt very less heat inside. It costed me about 1k only, will look to get a good branded sunfilm next summer.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-20230603_144112.jpg  

aks812 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 15:02   #609

I purchased a GFX mat 2 days ago. I wanted to bring to your notice a safety issue that may put peoples life at risk. There is a risk of forced-down accelerator pedal that could lead to a fatal crash. Accelerator pedal is getting stuck to the edge of the mat multiple times which forced me to remove the driver side GFX mat. I have attached some pictures and video.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-gfx-safety-1.jpg  

Last edited by Deep_petrol : 28th June 2023 at 15:05.
Deep_petrol is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 10:12   #610
BHPian

It was raining incessantly last night and this morning I found front and rear footwells on the right full with water. Had to soak that up to clear. Surprisingly, there was no water on the mats but a lot of water under the mats. Checked doors and windows but they were fully closed. What could be the reason. Nexa advisor says that they may have to replace the carpet after figuring out the cause. Should this be covered under warranty or they will force me to pay for it
Old 3rd July 2023, 13:08   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
It was raining incessantly last night and this morning I found front and rear footwells on the right full with water. Had to soak that up to clear. Surprisingly, there was no water on the mats but a lot of water under the mats. Checked doors and windows but they were fully closed. What could be the reason. Nexa advisor says that they may have to replace the carpet after figuring out the cause. Should this be covered under warranty or they will force me to pay for it
That's very concerning news. Mine doesn't show any signs of leakage, yet. Can you please update us on the source of the leak, when it is pinpointed? Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2023, 15:08   #612
BHPian

Ist Paid service update!

My Grand Vitara Zeta MT has completed and 10k and I would like to draw GV owners' attention towards the recommended Oil Grade for K15C series engines- 0w16.

Please confirm the Engine oil availability with MASS before taking your car for the service. Most of the MASS don't stock it. They will instead push 5w40 oil which costs almost 2.75x of the 0w16.

The car is running fine. But i find it too bouncy over undulations at 33 Psi in all four tyres. Anyone facing the same issue ?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_1868.jpg  

buntee90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 13:12   #613
BHPian

The history of Grand Vitara.
I didn't know that earlier models were based on Ladder Frame.

Old 4th July 2023, 13:21   #614
BHPian

I briefly test drove the Grand Vitara mild hybrid automatic variant for 4-5kms in traffic, since the strong hybrid car was not available.

Coming from a Hyundai venue,

1. I did not like the interiors one bit, felt it was a downgrade.
2. The front seats as everyone knows is narrower with limited under thigh support.
3. My knees were fouling with the plastics below the steering column
4. The NVH was terrible, could hear all outside noises
5. The mosquito mesh is deplorable
6. The ORVMs are pretty small for a car of this size
7. The head room at the front and back is not adequate (am 5'7")

The only great thing was the ride quality. The strong hybrid might be better to drive, which i will try. I was glad the test drive was over sooner and felt good driving my venue again.
Old 4th July 2023, 22:36   #615
BHPian

Quote:
That's very disconcerting news. Mine doesn't show any signs of leakage, yet. Can you please update us on the source of the leak, when it is pinpointed? Thanks.
The car is scheduled to go to the workshop in a day or two. Will surely let you know the source of leak once it is identified.
shivmarwaha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks