Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2024, 18:03   #3136
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
One of my acquaintance recently bought Jimny
MSIL dealerships are hiding a never ending MY23 inventory and their MY24 units can never sell at full price in India.
Very true.
My Sales advisor gave me the same feedback. All the enquiries he gets are for MY-2023 and no customer is willing to pay sticker prices for MY-2024 models.

When I went enquiring for MY-2023 models last week, many dealerships told me they're out of stock.
This week 2/3rds of them called me back to inform about MY-2023 stock which was just discovered in their yard / showrooms in Tier-3 cities. But all of the stock available are Kinetic Yellow colour. (Not sure if other colours will appear if I wait for another week )

P.S. I got my MY-2023 Jimny in March 2024 - between multiple Nexa dealerships in NCR, I had the option to pick any colour, any gear box and any variant.
blueberry is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 11:47   #3137
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
Very true.

This week 2/3rds of them called me back to inform about MY-2023 stock which was just discovered in their yard / showrooms in Tier-3 cities. But all of the stock available are Kinetic Yellow colour. (Not sure if other colours will appear if I wait for another week )
Hi, I see your location reads BLR, is the MY23 stock from any local BLR/KA dealership? On the fence for one, any info would be helpful.
Old 17th April 2024, 13:04   #3138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
The Jimny made its first trip to the mountains in Himachal. It saw all sorts of terrain, right from lovely, smooth tarmac, broken roads, roads with black ice, and rutted tracks. The gearbox got a proper workout this time, and I used the L and 2 option a fair bit in tricky areas. I'll summarize all my observations below.
Beautifully written (With a liberal use of good humour)..... could absolutely resonate your thoughts reading your narrative !
Adv_moto-Life is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 13:32   #3139

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Hi, I see your location reads BLR, is the MY23 stock from any local BLR/KA dealership? On the fence for one, any info would be helpful.
Nexa (Rajajinagar) has 2023 inventory (only MT). You can contact Abilash - +91-9513394719. I have booked my Jimny with them and Abilash is my SA. You can also check with Nexa (Nagarbhavi). Contact Arun - +91-9513910366.
BlrAutoZen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 14:49   #3140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
I'm not in BLR currently. Hence no idea of stock in KA.
2023 Alpha MT stock, that I know of, is available in Kochi, Salem and Namakkal.
blueberry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 15:59   #3141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv_moto-Life View Post
Beautifully written (With a liberal use of good humour)..... could absolutely resonate your thoughts reading your narrative !
Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed the read! It is indeed a car that puts you in good humour every time you get behind the wheel
Old 17th April 2024, 16:27   #3142

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithunSathianat View Post

In addition, I have ordered few accessories from Amazon
May I ask whether you selected the door cladding for aesthetic or protection reasons?

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th April 2024 at 16:35. Reason: Trimmed the quoted post for better readability. Thanks!
Old 17th April 2024, 17:26   #3143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Hi
My jimny gives a pretty loud hissing sound whenever fuel cap is opened.
It is rather unusual. I have other vehicles used similarly and have never seen this before.
Should I worry?
Nothing to worry. Like all cars, the Jimny too has a vented cap. What you hear is the venting from the breather pipe of accumulated fuel vapour . In other cars you do not hear it possibly because the breather location is elsewhere, maybe low down, maybe it is a tad bit better damped!
In summers you will hear it more because the evaporative gas build up will be faster due to the high ambient outside temperatures .
The Jimny has a short breather. So when you are brimming the petrol tank, do not over-fill the tank after the fuel dispenser has hit the initial "auto-cut". If you continue to fill beyond "auto-cut", then the expansion pipes will get filled up and in this heat, petrol may leak out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
If it is just after shutting off the engine after a drive.
You will also hear a faint "w-h-i-r-r-r" followed by a gentle "click" sound followed by a faint "b-e-e-e-p", when you switch on the ignition but not crank and after shutting down. That is from the electronic throttle body priming itself up and winding down respectively.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th April 2024 at 02:39. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
arjab is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 15:29   #3144
BHPian

Quote:
Very true.
My Sales advisor gave me the same feedback. All the enquiries he gets are for MY-2023 and no customer is willing to pay sticker prices for MY-2024 models.

When I went enquiring for MY-2023 models last week, many dealerships told me they're out of stock.

P.S. I got my MY-2023 Jimny in March 2024 - between multiple Nexa dealerships in NCR, I had the option to pick any colour, any gear box and any variant.
Hi, do you mind sharing contact info for dealership in NCR area? I am from Himachal and looking to pick up Jimny from NCR area (discounted MY-2023 model).

Do you mind sharing your discount and on road price? I have sent you a PM.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th April 2024 at 02:39. Reason: punctuation.
Old 19th April 2024, 10:08   #3145
Senior - BHPian

Pioneer India is offering custom audio package for Jimny. India website is updated with details. Total cost of speakers/frames is around 30K.

https://pioneer-india.in/sound-packa...0aAuccEALw_wcB

Maruti Jimny Review-jimny.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 10:53   #3146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Pioneer India is offering custom audio package for Jimny. India website is updated with details. Total cost of speakers/frames is around 30K.
Yikes, just when I thought I was done spending money on the car! I have a good mind to report your post Sir . The custom 'made for Jimmy' angle is really attractive, circumvents a lot of the potential fit and finish issues.
Lone Ranger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 15:26   #3147
BHPian

I'm facing a curious issue in my Jimny MT. Looking for the collective advice of the forum.

In 4wd mode, at full steering lock (the last 90' of steering angle) - engine stalls if the engine speed is less than 1250 RPM. This happens in both High and Low range. Its also independant on whether I'm on an incline or on flat terrain.
Not sure why this would be.

If I keep the engine speed above 1250 RPM at full steering lock, the car moves smoothly. No jerks, shuddering or any jumpy movement.

Last edited by blueberry : 22nd April 2024 at 15:28.
Old 23rd April 2024, 11:11   #3148
BHPian

Quote:
I'm facing a curious issue in my Jimny MT. Looking for the collective advice of the forum.

In 4wd mode, at full steering lock (the last 90' of steering angle) - engine stalls if the engine speed is less than 1250 RPM. This happens in both High and Low range. Its also independant on whether I'm on an incline or on flat terrain.

If I keep the engine speed above 1250 RPM at full steering lock, the car moves smoothly. No jerks, shuddering or any jumpy movement.
Are you engaging the 4WD on tarmac?
Old 23rd April 2024, 11:20   #3149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
Are you engaging the 4WD on tarmac?
No, I'm engaging this on sand tracks (compacted sand road - compacted by heavy vehicle movement)
Old 25th April 2024, 10:52   #3150

Is this stall incident occurring with clutch fully released and without throttle inputs ? If the above is the case this sounds typically a small bore / small Cubic capacity petrol engine problem. Not enough torque to keep the engine chugging along.

Quote:

Adv_moto-Life is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks