Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2023, 14:34   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Does anyone have the front and rear speaker dia?
gsferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 16:12   #932
BHPian

Naza Eastern Motors has launched the new Suzuki Jimny Rhino Edition

The Suzuki Jimny has seen several special edition models around the world. Most recently, there was the Heritage Edition shown in Australia a few months ago. Now, it’s Malaysia’s turn to make its own limited-run model of the popular mini SUV.

Maruti Jimny Review-suzukirhinoeditionlaunchedinmalaysialimitededition30unitsrear747x420.jpg

The Jimny Rhino Edition is exclusively available in Malaysia and will be limited to 30 copies. The Rhino Edition is finished in Pure Pearl White and features distinctive aesthetic accents such as red, grey, and black decals on the bonnet and flanks of the car. The 'Real Off-roader' text and rhino graphics are also noticeable, the latter being a nod to the badge used on the second-generation SJ Jimny more than four decades ago.

Maruti Jimny Review-suzukirhinoeditionlaunchedinmalaysialimitededition30unitsinterior747x420.jpg

To provide some context, the rhino emblem was created after British importers received units of the SJ Jimny with plastic spare wheel covers depicting a rhinoceros at the 1982 Birmingham Motor Show. The distributors liked the horned animal and used a redesigned emblem to represent toughness and dependability.

Maruti Jimny Review-suzukirhinoeditionlaunchedinmalaysialimitededition30unitsretrogrille600x338.jpg

Quote:
According to Naza Eastern Motors, existing Jimny owners can enjoy the same upgrades as the new variant by purchasing the Jimny Rhino Kit worth RM15,000 from the company’s dealership in Petaling Jaya. Do note that some of the items mentioned are also offered through accessory packages sold by the company.

Maruti Jimny Review-suzukirhinoeditionlaunchedinmalaysialimitededition30units600x338.jpg

Quote:
The Rhino Edition shares the same powertrain with the regular Jimny, with a K15B 1.5 litre VVT naturally-aspirated four-cylinder petrol engine providing 100 hp at 6,000 rpm and 130 Nm of torque at 4,000 rpm. The mill is mated to a four-speed automatic gearbox and a part-time four-wheel drive system with a low-range transfer box.

The kit list is also similar, with automatic LED headlamps, 15-inch alloy wheels, a seven-inch touchscreen head unit with Apple CarPlay, two speakers, single-zone automatic air-conditioning, two airbags, ABS, brake assist, stability control, hill start assist and hill descent control.

Maruti Jimny Review-1.jpg

Source
GhostGrid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 16:20   #933
BHPian

Hope some vendor in India comes up with this type of a grill and Suzuki emblem. This will look very different.

Maruti Jimny Review-suzuki-grill.jpg

I am sure they will come (Picture credit - Internet)

Swami
swami69 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 16:42   #934
BHPian

VivekWalia1986 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 17:03   #935
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
I think its 5.25 inch all round. It wont take 6 inch most likely.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 17:39   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I think its 5.25 inch all round. It wont take 6 inch most likely.
VivekWalia1986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 17:58   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post
Fixed rear defogger wire covers. They will protect the exposed wires.
I see a whole bunch of stuff here like roof racks, ladder, center console etc. I am not sure of the center console since it might not fit, but the rest of the items should. How long did it get to deliver? And did you face any issues with customs? I am thinking of ordering everything together.
Old 23rd June 2023, 18:30   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodex View Post
I see a whole bunch of stuff here like roof racks, ladder, center console etc. I am not sure of the center console since it might not fit, but the rest of the items should. How long did it get to deliver? And did you face any issues with customs? I am thinking of ordering everything together.
It took about 5-6 days after placing order. It might take more time for Goa. First make your account & proceed till checkout. The final amount reflected will be the cost plus shipping charges but not the customs duty. Custom duty is 42.08% on this amount and add Rs 850 + GST (say around 1000/-) as DHL convenience charges. On arrival in India, DHL will pay custom duty on your behalf & send you mail to make online payment to them. Once done, package will be delivered at your address.

Last edited by Rahul Lal : 23rd June 2023 at 18:31.
Rahul Lal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 19:20   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Hi gsferrari,

In Oriparts the part number is showing as 39102M80T00 for all the 4 speakers.
Link: https://oriparts.com/7/1484/90488/55...item_110852591

But in Boodmo it looks like a new part and also in marutisuzuki.com website it's showing that this speaker part is compatible with the following Jimny models only:
ALPHA 4AT
ALPHA 5MT
ZETA 4AT
ZETA 5MT

So some one who have purchased the Jimny need to open the door panel and check the speaker diameter.

I think it will usually be 5.25 inches or 6.5 inches.

Last edited by bobbyblr : 23rd June 2023 at 19:43. Reason: Update in diameter
bobbyblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 19:34   #940
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This post from the Jimny Australia FB group (JB74 present gen. model) says 4”. That’s from the Zen era.

The official accessories link from Suzuki Australia says 13 cm (5.25”) with a bracket:

Maruti Jimny Review-img_1964.jpeg

So looks like 4”.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd June 2023 at 19:43.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 23:07   #941
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The official accessories link from Suzuki Australia says 13 cm (5.25”) with a bracket:
So looks like 4”.
4 inch at the back in 3 door variant and 5.25" at the front. For india its all 4 5.25".
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 07:25   #942
BHPian

My take on the choice between the Alpha and Zeta variants:

1. Push Start Button - would not be missed.
2. Climate control - desirable, but can live without it.
3. Cruise control - would not be missed.
5. Dark Green Window glass - Desirable.
6. LED Headlamps (vs halogen) - Desirable.
7. Auto headlamps - would not be missed.
8. Fog lamps - Desirable.
9. Headlamp Washers - would not be missed.
10. Leather steering wheel wrap - Desirable.
11. Body colored door handles (vs black handles) - Does not matter.
12. Alloy wheels (vs Steel rims) - The steel rims have their advantages and charm too.

This at a difference of about Rs. 1,05,000 Ex Showroom

Of these,
1. I wonder how good / bad are the halogen lamps? If required, would the stock LED lamps be a easy replacement?
2. Fog lamps are available as official accessories, so should not be a problem?
3. Leather steering wheel wrap - aftermarket options would be available

So, I suppose, the one feature that would be really desirable and not replaceable in the Alpha variant would be the dark green UV cut glasses.

What are your thoughts?
cogWheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 07:42   #943
BHPian

View from the uninitiated: I test drove the AT on some uphill roads yesterday. Not significantly uphill. But AT struggles and makes sound if one shows a little bit eagerness. Did the same route in my MT City with its ivtec with same eagerness, engine noise was lesser. The AT is a breeze in traffic though and feels like a toy - delightfully so.

No MTs available for TD. Really confused which way to go with all the hills and ghats in the region.
IB290 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 08:21   #944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
This at a difference of about Rs. 1,05,000 Ex Showroom

Of these,
1. I wonder how good / bad are the halogen lamps? If required, would the stock LED lamps be a easy replacement?
2. Fog lamps are available as official accessories, so should not be a problem?
3. Leather steering wheel wrap - aftermarket options would be available

So, I suppose, the one feature that would be really desirable and not replaceable in the Alpha variant would be the dark green UV cut glasses.

What are your thoughts?
Most of the differences that you've listed can be later added easily to the car (I'll consider MGP) except probably the climate control/cruise control. Those can also be added but would need some additional effort. I'll take your list and put down an approximate cost of adding the differences

1. Push Start Button - ₹5000/-
2. Climate control - ₹10000/-
3. Cruise control - ₹20000/-
5. Dark Green Window glass - ₹25000/-
6. LED Headlamps (vs halogen) - ₹20000/-
7. Auto headlamps - ₹5000/-
8. Fog lamps - ₹10000/-
9. Headlamp Washers - ₹10000/-
10. Leather steering wheel wrap - ₹2000/-
11. Body colored door handles (vs black handles) - ₹3000/-
12. Alloy wheels (vs Steel rims) - ₹25000/-
13. Retractable ORVMS - ₹5000/-
14. 9" screen + Surround sense- 15000/-

It totals to ₹1,55,000/-.

The pricing difference between Alpha and Zeta being ₹1,05,000/- ex-showroom shows that the Alpha gives more value for money than the Zeta .

Now the four bold items that are like the important ones and that you may want to add after you buy the Zeta comes close to ₹60,000/-. you'd rather buy Alpha than buying Zeta and spending ₹60,000/-. For the additional ₹45,000, you'll get ₹95,000 worth of features.

Zeta is best for people who don't want any of the 15 missing features and use the Jimny extensively in off-road conditions. Those people can buy the Zeta and use the money to add off-road accessories like:
1. A Snorkel
2. Rocksliders
3. Suspension upgrade
4. Better Tyres
5. Shackles
6. Off road bumpers
7. underbody guards
8. Winches
9. and many more...

If one has the budget of course, s/he can get the alpha and add all off road accessories too
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 08:34   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB290 View Post
View from the uninitiated: I test drove the AT on some uphill roads yesterday. Not significantly uphill. But AT struggles and makes sound if one shows a little bit eagerness. Did the same route in my MT City with its ivtec with same eagerness, engine noise was lesser. The AT is a breeze in traffic though and feels like a toy - delightfully so.

No MTs available for TD. Really confused which way to go with all the hills and ghats in the region.
This is based on my experience with Hyundai 4 AT. The reason for too much sound is that you are flooring the throttle to make it drop gears. With some practice you will learn to press throttle just enough so that you get the power you want without making much noise. There will be slight lag before the ancient AT recognizes your intention and executes the command. If you press the throttle more during this lag interval there will be lot of sound. With some practice you will learn to wait a split second for the transmission to do its thing.

My suggestion is to go for the AT itself. You will feel the MT gives you instant response, because you are the one executing the gear change. But in reality the AT will be the one executing faster gear changes once you get used to the accelerator modulation required.
padmrajravi is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks