Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2023, 14:51   #886
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

I'm toying with the notion of keeping the spare-wheel inside to reduce length towards aiding parking in my garage. Wondering how it'll look. Found this image online.

Any idea how many inches this will reduce ?

Maruti Jimny Review-jimnynosparewheel.jpg
RoadFiend is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 15:14   #887
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
I'm toying with the notion of keeping the spare-wheel inside to reduce length towards aiding parking in my garage. Wondering how it'll look. Found this image online.

Any idea how many inches this will reduce ?

Attachment 2466852
Lots of Gypsy owners do this but more to prevent theft. At the very max you will think that you will gain the width of the standard tyre plus an inch or so because of the standard bolt mounts but do remember this is offset by the fact that the standard rear bumper is there. So effectively you will only gain the difference in width between the edge of the standard tyre and the edge of the standard rear bumper. Say a maximum of 4-5 inches as a ‘back of the envelope’ calculation.

But the lovely “jeepy” look will be lost if you pull the spare off. And that much space will be eaten up in the luggage storage area.

You can consider mounting it on the roof. Or by introducing bolts on the bonnet.
Like those old Safari spec Land Rovers.
But this will involve some drilling and it will never be as secure as the factory fitted spare tyre mount.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 21st June 2023 at 15:17.
shankar.balan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 15:22   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Would you have pics from dead front and rear as well as a close up shot of vehicle side profile with new tyres?hose tyres Offroad.
Ok, will try and send it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
example : if a car comes as per allotment to a client and the client says, he would take 10 days to arrange funds, then the dealer is going to provide the same to whoever willing to compromise on color and pay the money immediately.
True. In my case, even though I booked on day two, the dealer did not get that color (Red and Black dualtone) allotted, and he had no idea when the next lot would come and whether the color would be there in the next lot. I normally don't like black color vehicles, but had to choose it since I have been waiting for literally years and was spending a little too much time than what you consider healthy on the internet reading up and watching Jimny videos.

I suspect there will be a backlog and waiting period since they might be limiting the production quotas also. When I asked about cancellations, he said he didn't get any, but a few folks moved from Alpha to Zeta after price release.
astrodex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 15:38   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysossa View Post
Accessory Kit: Rs 25000
Anything but MS Accessories. This time around, they have made really bad quality accessories and if possible, try to stay away from them. The real issue is that most showrooms won't deliver the car in time if you don't buy accessories from them. This has been my experience in Mumbai though when I got my Brezza in October 22.
Gamemaztr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 17:11   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
I think the Jimny deliveries are going to be a little chaotic as it might not follow a booking sequence, variant and color choice - especially from the dealer end !.
Swami
I am ready to take the car as soon as I see it and will have the funds ready. What I do not want is me paying the money and then having to run behind them for a delivery date.

But as you said this is the common practice now - demand or no demand. As my SA asked me - "But Sir, we follow the same practice for all the other customers". So if most customers accept something wrong they are apparently justified in doing it.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 17:16   #891

Meanwhile Jimny Rhino edition launched in Malaysia with only 30 units.

https://www.zigwheels.my/car-news/su...-just-30-units
Old 21st June 2023, 18:55   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Would you have pics from dead front and rear as well as a close up shot of vehicle side profile with new tyres?
Here are the front and side profile pictures.

A side fact, I really like the 9.inch Maruti touchscreen, it is crisp and responsive. Compared to tata, Mahindra and Honda, this one is much more intuitive and fast. The reverse camera resolution is horrible though.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img20230621181346.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_20230621_184735.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_20230621_184708.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_20230621_184643.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_20230621_184622.jpg  

astrodex is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 18:56   #893

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivekWalia1986 View Post
Well Jimny 1 Thar 0 in this scenario. looking forward to more such comparison videos where the Jimny slays the competition
Jimmyjimmyaaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 19:43   #894
Senior - BHPian

Question for those of you with the Grey. Does the paint show swirl marks easily? Really miss a more silvery grey as opposed to this elephant grey. Silver is the easiest colour to maintain. Doesn't show dust or swirl marks that easily.
gsferrari is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 19:52   #895
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodex View Post
Here are the front and side profile pictures.
Thanks so much, exactly what I was looking for. How the wheels are filling the wheel well and it is just perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Question for those of you with the Grey. Does the paint show swirl marks easily?
Any dark shade would, so that leaves just white or maybe the yellow in the color options. Especially MSIL paints are not the best, so best is to go for a good coating or PPF types.
Jaggu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 22:09   #896
BHPian

One interesting bit I got to hear today was that the Jimny has made it very easy to add a snorkel.

The panel in screenshot apparently can be removed very easily (held by 4 bolts), and a snorkel goes in there. Looks like there isnt any major cutting/ bonnet modification required.

Maruti Jimny Review-jimnysnorkel.png

Maybe the lucky Jimny owners can check and validate?

The video link (around the 9:35 time mark) -

nishsingh is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 09:00   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
One interesting bit I got to hear today was that the Jimny has made it very easy to add a snorkel.

The panel in screenshot apparently can be removed very easily (held by 4 bolts), and a snorkel goes in there. Looks like there isnt any major cutting/ bonnet modification required.

Attachment 2467049

Maybe the lucky Jimny owners can check and validate?

The video link (around the 9:35 time mark) -
Yes. Suzuki has an official accessory for the snorkel direct fit right there like you mentioned. I hope they get it here soon.
AjayV is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 09:11   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
So the games have begun. My dealer has demanded that I put some additional "funds" into their account for for the car that I have booked to be alloted to me. If i do not do so I would get the car only in the next allotment apparently.
That’s outrageous! I smelled a rat even with my dealership when I went there to enquire about my car’s dispatch. They either have no clue, or they know a little too much and trying to play this game. Apparently they have not seen any dispatches of Jimny from MSIL. And I am supposed to be amongst the first 6 guys who have the cars booked via their dealership. I made the booking on the 2nd day of the launch. And I dont know how long I have to wait still.
The dealership is a renowned one, near Science city, Kolkata.
shourya_lahiri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 09:38   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodex View Post
Just brought my Jimny home today. Picked up from the showroom at 6 pm and went straight to change the boots to 215 Yokohama Geolanders.
Congratulations, just in time for Goa rains

Reviews and opinions should just be used as a rough reference as experience is highly relative and personal.
Your experience is proof.

Enjoy your Jimny, have fun
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 09:47   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shourya_lahiri View Post
That’s outrageous! I smelled a rat even with my dealership when I went there to enquire about my car’s dispatch.
The dealership is a renowned one, near Science city, Kolkata.
My SA told me that they have received the allotment mail for my car and once i pay 1/1.5 lakhs into their account they can go ahead with the formalities. I don't understand why Maruti doesn't send the mail copying the customer at least?

Even if they want the customer to pay before allotment. Make it a process and be done with it. So that it is a level playing field and fair for everyone.

It's such a freaking negative emotion into the who buying process. I had absolutely no problem even with the wait. And I don't know why these dealerships don't understand this. They need to absolutely mess up the whole experience somewhere or the other.

Drive on,
Shibu

Last edited by shibujp : 22nd June 2023 at 09:48.
shibujp is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks