Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2023, 23:12   #871
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsai View Post
Any one has running in instructions?
Refer to Jimny owner’s manual page 6-17 for Running-in instructions. You can also download this manual.
Maruti Jimny Review-img_5863.jpeg
Rahul Lal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 23:40   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodex View Post
Just brought my Jimny home today.

I really wanted the roof rails but the dealership does not have it in stock or know the price. This is the first jimny they sold and they r still getting a hang of things.
You can order Jimny genuine accessories on line @ Maruti Suzuki Genuine Accessories. In fact I did not purchase any accessory from my selling dealer & later ordered online after selecting as per my needs. Price of Roof Bars is Rs 15,990/-
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_5776.jpeg  

Rahul Lal is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 06:21   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki to open bookings for the 5d Jimny in Australia by end 2023, receives 1000 bookings informally.

Quote:
2024 Suzuki Jimny five-door orders open by the end of this year, three-door auto still on hold
Quote:
Suzuki Australia says it has already received more than 1000 informal orders for the new five-door Jimny – months before the price is known or local details have been released
5d vs 3d:

Quote:
Despite these unknowns, Suzuki Australia says customer interest in the three-door and five-door remain evenly split, though in some regions enquiries on five-door models are higher.
Quote:
Interest from customers has been huge, and we know a lot of people want to know more than we can share right now, but all the final details are still being locked in
Quote:
Australian orders for the Suzuki Jimny three-door automatic were paused in January 2023 due to overwhelming demand; until further notice only manual models are available.
Understand the order pause on automatic variants of the Suzuki Jimny three-door has partly been driven by the need to divert these transmissions to future five-door variants.
Despite these production bottlenecks, the Suzuki Jimny continues to smash local sales records – as the company fills orders placed last year.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 06:48   #874
Senior - BHPian

Are there dealers offering test drives yet, especially at Bangalore?
Old 21st June 2023, 08:08   #875
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki to open bookings for the 5d Jimny in Australia by end 2023, receives 1000 bookings informally.5d vs 3d:

Despite these production bottlenecks, the Suzuki Jimny continues to smash local sales records – as the company fills orders placed last year.

Link
This is to be expected. I am happy to read this because it clearly brings out the sheer merit that the diminutive plucky little Jimny has carved out for itself in the world.

Whether Australia or South Africa or Europe or the Middle East or SEA, wherever there is a culture of exploration and off road excursions and strong DIY, vehicles like the Jimny (3 door and 5 door) are bound to be in good Demand.

If they launch this Jimny in the US/ Canada their order books will be overflowing for the next 3 to 4 years!

Indeed if even Mahindra takes the fight to Jeep/ FCA by launching Thar in multiple countries, Jeep will have a hard time retaining its consumers and getting new consumers in! There are more than enough consumers ready to buy a cut price Wrangler.

From the perspective of Jimny sales in India and a few other similar emerging markets where the consumers have yet to mature and evolve sufficiently, beyond the oft stated cues of ‘Road Presence’ and ‘Electronic Gizmos’, perhaps Jimny may not be seen to be as solid as the Thar. But this impression is definitely erroneous.

As often repeated, both vehicles have lots of strengths. And each is built for specific types of usage patterns. They can both co-exist easily.

For myself I am going to take my father to test the Jimny. I hope he likes it. Because that will give me an excuse to sell his present car and replace it with the Jimny!
shankar.balan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 08:59   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post
You can order Jimny genuine accessories on line @ Maruti Suzuki Genuine Accessories.
Where would one get these installed? Would Nexa do the installation if requested?
Old 21st June 2023, 09:09   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
Where would one get these installed? Would Nexa do the installation if requested?
At checkout stage you will be asked for your preference- Home delivery or pickup from dealer. If home delivery selected then they will install at your address otherwise at dealership.
In any case you will have to choose from the list of dealerships through which your order is placed. Option of dealerships will depend on your address. I got my accessories in two days. The details of dealer person & Maruti official is provided in your confirmation mail.
Rahul Lal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 09:24   #878
Senior - BHPian

So the games have begun. My dealer has demanded that I put some additional "funds" into their account for for the car that I have booked to be alloted to me. If i do not do so I would get the car only in the next allotment apparently.

I refused and told them that I need to see the car in Trivandrum before any additional amount is transferred or recieve an email from Maruti that this is the process. Escalated to dealership management via email for starters. For the past 20 years this is how all my car purchased have been. Funds transfer after car is seen in person. Don't see why I have to change now.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 11:50   #879
BHPian

VivekWalia1986 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 12:19   #880
Senior - BHPian

Oh gosh! A brand new Jimny, I can see the driver side mirror broken, already. The tyres are different? It feels that it’ll foul against the wheel arches/inside of bumper, though it isn’t clear from the video angles.
Old 21st June 2023, 12:33   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Oh gosh! A brand new Jimny, I can see the driver side mirror broken, already. The tyres are different? It feels that it’ll foul against the wheel arches/inside of bumper, though it isn’t clear from the video angles.
Yes that is right, the mirror was broken on the first day (shown in his previous video). The tyres are Continental Cross Contact AT 215/75 R15 with steel rims (earlier he used off-roading rims and switched back to stock steel rims) and yes these set of tyres touches the wheel arch during these extreme offroading settings i.e. when maximum articulation is reached - check below
VivekWalia1986 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 12:55   #882
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivekWalia1986 View Post
yes these set of tyres touches the wheel arch during these extreme offroading settings i.e. when maximum articulation is reached - check below []
Oversized Upsizes of Tyres in any vehicle will result in articulation challenges, suspension damage and overall physics of the vehicle will be altered inexorably.

We can upsize within reason but not indiscriminately.
Thats why I m personally not in favour of anything bigger than 205/70/15 or max 215/75/15 for Jimny.
And no more than 265/60/18 in the Thar.

But while I have articulated this multiple times, I don’t really expect those who have their hearts set on appearance and street cred, to heed the suggestions.
shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 13:23   #883
Distinguished - BHPian

Jimny's TVC - Your Legend begins here!

volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 13:53   #884
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodex View Post
Just brought my Jimny home today. Picked u from showroom at 6 pm nd went straight to change the boots to 215 Yokohama Geolanders.
===
Here are the before and after pictures of tire change.
Would you have pics from dead front and rear as well as a close up shot of vehicle side profile with new tyres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivekWalia1986 View Post
Seems like he has taken off the offset Offroad rims and stock ones seem to be performing way better also you can see how the small thread blocks on Conti's cakeup on slippery stuff, this is the main issue with those tyres Offroad.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 14:11   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
So the games have begun. My dealer has demanded that I put some additional "funds" into their account for for the car that I have booked to be alloted to me. If i do not do so I would get the car only in the next allotment apparently.
Drive on,
Shibu
I think the Jimny deliveries are going to be a little chaotic as it might not follow a booking sequence, variant and color choice - especially from the dealer end !. The dealer may get few vehicles per month intended to be delivered to clients, but they are going to play around with whoever willing to take it immediately by settling the money.

example : if a car comes as per allotment to a client and the client says, he would take 10 days to arrange funds, then the dealer is going to provide the same to whoever willing to compromise on color and pay the money immediately. This will be more during the end of the month to close targets. I heard this from a dealer here and seems like a common practice nowadays with all these waiting periods.

I asked him, what happens to the original customer ? He says, they will give him out of the next lot

Swami
swami69 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks