Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2024, 15:24   #406

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review

Hi All

Finally our Nexon Fearless + DCA in Purple+ Piano black has arrived at the dealership after a long wait of close to 9 weeks. Even though it came two days ago, was able to do PDI only today.

Dealership experience has been good so far. Took three test drives on Nexon Petrol DCA, Diesel manual and Harrier auto (Twice on Nexon). SA obliged all my requests for test drives with out any complaints. Even though Harrier was to all of our liking, it was way out of our budget. Booked Nexon by paying Rs 10000/- advance. Immediately after this they created a WhatsApp group with all concerned. This was of no use, as there were no updates on vehicle allotment or expected delivery date on this group. All communication were verbal by telephone. As we wanted 2024 manufactured vehicle, we were willing to wait for it. We were offered a Nexon in white in the same trim during 2nd week of Feb which we declined. As my daughter was adamant on this color!. Finally on 22nd I was informed that car is billed and is in transit. SA wanted me to pay the showroom price in full to allot the vehicle. I refused to pay with out looking at the car first.

As it was last day of the month SA was very keen to finish the sale today. Was following up with me for PDI since two days. Did the PDI today and couldn't find any issues with the car. Car was clean on the out side and inside. Meter reading was at 12Km, all sensors including TPMS, temp sensors etc seemed to be working. Checked engine bay and boot. Started the car to check for any noise etc. There we none. Could not drive the car as it was in the yard with other cars around. Tyres were Bridgestone turanza. As I couldn't find anything wrong with the car accepted to proceed with the sale.

No discounts were offered!. Not even car perfume. Decided to go ahead with the insurance from the dealer. Premium was reduced by Rs23000/- from the offer given in December. Added Rat bite protection to the deal. Selected 7D mats and side scuff plates. Also sold the my old I20 Asta Petrol, 2015 to the dealer even though final offer price was less by Rs20000/- to the original offer given at the time of booking. Transferred the full amount and delivery is promised by Saturday!.

Hope will not have any issues either with car or with the dealer .
cncmachinist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 13:41   #407
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Does anyone know (or any owner here) of the Nexon Fearless Variant (I mean only Fearless).

I am curious to know if it has lane watch camera and navigation display on the center instrument cluster. As the in main touch screen ICE unit is the same as the one in Creative series (thick bezels), so not sure if the functionality of lane watch camera and navigation display on central console is available on this variant or not.
Old 4th March 2024, 09:23   #408
BHPian

I am curious to know if it has lane watch camera and navigation display on the center instrument cluster. As the in main touch screen ICE unit is the same as the one in Creative series (thick bezels), so not sure if the functionality of lane watch camera and navigation display on central console is available on this variant or not.[/quote]

Navigation on instrument cluster is available on Fearless + and Fearless + S variant. I own a Fearless+ variant and I do have this feature. Even the brochure does not mention this feature on Fearless variant.
Old 6th March 2024, 13:22   #409

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskumaraxa1660 View Post
Well, the vehicle is not registered as the manual forms I signed were not accepted and I have to sign new online forms. I am going to hold on to that until they show me proof of the corrections
Apologies BHPians for a delayed update. Thank you for all those provided their valuable inputs.

The power of TEAM BHP:
Two days into this post, I got a call from the sales head of Key Motorrs about the post and collected the info. It was surprising that they are actually looking into TeamBHP posts as her team hardly showed any interest to resolve the problems when I visited them more than 6 to 8 times before this. Anyways, I am thankful to her for that and TeamBHP through which i could reach her. Immediately, was assured that a different vehicle will be allotted and get the vehicle to their Kanakapura Road branch for inspection.

2 days passed by, she kept her word and brought the vehicle to branch for PDI. Finished the inspection. We were fine with this unit. The same day, we also met the VP of sales with whom the areas of improvement were discussed. He assured to improve the processes for better.

Cut to the day of delivery, we went to the branch at designated time and found that the fuel lid had some sort of heat damage which is very evident. The team lead and CRM tried to brush aside initially stating it was not polished properly etc. but eventually took photos and said it will be replaced by service center. We took delivery and left.

Within 2 km from branch, we stopped to fill the tank. The filling station guy brought it our attention that the front left side wheel well cladding came off. So much for quality controls of Tata. The plastic hinge which should keep it in place was not locking correctly. Called and messaged the team lead and CRM but they were off duty by then. Though we pushed it back, it will come off within 200 meters of running. Onlookers kept honking and drawing our attention to it. Frustrated, my brother found a piece of wire on road and tied it. Imagine the expression on friends and neighbors face who wanted to check out the new vehicle and they see this wire jugaad. This become a trending topic in my apartment and i a laughing stock for spending lakhs for a vehicle whose parts tied together with wire.

As I got tied up, couldn't visit their service center for 3 days. In the meantime, CRM or TL haven't made any progress. Third day, went to their service center, they again took pictures of fuel lid and wheel well cladding to get a replacement. Assured that they will call once it's received. I am still waiting to hear from them. For the wheel well, their bodyshop mechanic put a couple screws in to fix it into place.

Overall my buying experience hadn't been great. In fact I am already dreading first service. All the posts here are pointing to more trouble ahead. As i said earlier, though i really appreciate sales head's involvement after looking at my post in TeamBHP, it's a shame that she had to in first place. Customers shouldn't bear the cross for inefficiencies of dealerships and write about their misery online to get a VP or sales head to step in for the crisis mgmt.

Hopefully, TATA pays attention to gaps in their quality controls at manufacturing stage and have stringent measures to ensure customer experience is good at dealerships. Same goes for Key Motorrs as well. Its not as easy as adding an extra alphabet to the name per numerological calculations. Now they are riding the boom in PV segment, however to sustain and improve their overall brand, quite a lot more needs to be done. As an Indian, nothing pleases me more if an Indian company achieves higher standards in products and customer service.
kskumaraxa1660 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 14:51   #410
BHPian

I had booked my 1st service at Key Motors Kanakapura road at 11AM and I had arrived at the place at 11.15AM. I provided details at the reception, and I was asked to wait for 15min to assign a SA. Even after 40min of waiting, none of the assignee were ready to collect the slip from the receptionist and she kept wandering here and there.
Frustrated with this long waiting I asked her to call the manager since the assignment of advisor itself was taking so long. Finally, after 1 hour of waiting, an advisor was allotted, and he noted down the minor issues, and he mentioned these will be rectified in the software update.
I also purchased the Extended Warranty for 2yrs for 22k and evening at 6.15PM I got a call from advisor saying car is ready.
Overall experience has not been that good, coming from a Maruti wherein I would drop the car and exit within 10min and that too without any appointment. Hoping for a better experience next time.
Old 6th March 2024, 20:39   #411
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskumaraxa1660 View Post
The whole system is broken, I can only hope that the other sales teams aren't as bad as the ones I got. However, having no accountability and blaming others for the inconveniences caused is the common theme. Now totally dejected by DAY 14 with lethargic attitude, am ready to cancel the booking if no progress made in next couple of days.
Run away. Period.
What ever you've experienced is just small part of what's more to come. Owning a Tata, one needs to extremely lucky. So I strongly recommend you to look for other alternatives.

PS - I just read your updated post. Happy motoring. I hope and wish that, you are that one lucky person to have a peaceful and happy ownership experience.

Last edited by Livnletcarsliv : 6th March 2024 at 20:43.
Livnletcarsliv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 20:57   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Does anyone know (or any owner here) of the Nexon Fearless Variant (I mean only Fearless).

I am curious to know if it has lane watch camera and navigation display on the center instrument cluster. As the in main touch screen ICE unit is the same as the one in Creative series (thick bezels), so not sure if the functionality of lane watch camera and navigation display on central console is available on this variant or not.
I drive the Fearless variant and it does have Lane watch camera visible on the Infotainment screen and Navigation display in the Instrument cluster (Apple Maps for iOS, Google Maps for Android).

Although the screen looks identical of Creative and Fearless (thick bezels), they have different firmware.
AbhishekNigam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 10:29   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof87 View Post
I had booked my 1st service at Key Motors Kanakapura road at 11AM and I had arrived at the place at 11.15AM. I provided details at the reception, and I was asked to wait for 15min to assign a SA. Even after 40min of waiting, none of the assignee were ready to collect the slip from the receptionist and she kept wandering here and there.
Frustrated with this long waiting I asked her to call the manager since the assignment of advisor itself was taking so long. Finally, after 1 hour of waiting, an advisor was allotted, and he noted down the minor issues, and he mentioned these will be rectified in the software update.
I also purchased the Extended Warranty for 2yrs for 22k and evening at 6.15PM I got a call from advisor saying car is ready.
Overall experience has not been that good, coming from a Maruti wherein I would drop the car and exit within 10min and that too without any appointment. Hoping for a better experience next time.
Even I visited the same service center and faced the same issue. Post service I had to wait for 1 hr to get my car. SA was so careless that instead of delivering the car, he was chit-chatting and roaming here and there. I had i20 before and I never faced such issues.

I am facing a Wireless charge issue in my Nexon. The issue is only in one place if I keep the phone it starts charging and it stops for even a slight movement of the phone, and with cover, it doesn't work at all. I explained this issue in my car to the Key Motor Kanakapura SA. This issue is not there in other models, there were 5 other Nexon vehicles and it was working seamlessly with cover and without cover in all other cars.

As per SA it is coincident that it is working in other cars and it is supposed to behave the way it behaves in my car. I tried calling customer care and raising an issue but they redirected me to the same service center to resolve this issue.

There are no other service centers near my place and stuck with this pathetic SA and Service center. There are no feedback calls asking for a rating from Tata Motors. Hyundai customer care used to cal and post every service and if the feedback was bad immediately the service center manager used to call and resolve it. There is no such thing with Tata
keshavmurthym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 14:32   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavmurthym View Post
I am facing a Wireless charge issue in my Nexon. The issue is only in one place if I keep the phone it starts charging and it stops for even a slight movement of the phone, and with cover, it doesn't work at all. I explained this issue in my car to the Key Motor Kanakapura SA. This issue is not there in other models, there were 5 other Nexon vehicles and it was working seamlessly with cover and without cover in all other cars.

There are no other service centers near my place and stuck with this pathetic SA and Service center. There are no feedback calls asking for a rating from Tata Motors. Hyundai customer care used to cal and post every service and if the feedback was bad immediately the service center manager used to call and resolve it. There is no such thing with Tata
One of my friend had purchased the older version of Nexon AMT top variant and he had the same wireless charging issue and it was not happening with any other phone or any other vehicle.Only his phone was not working and sales people did not know what to do. They just refused to accept that its an issue.
Regarding feedback I did receive call regarding the service and I informed them about the delay. They noted it down but I don't think they are going to make any changes
Prof87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 20:04   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof87 View Post
One of my friend had purchased the older version of Nexon AMT top variant and he had the same wireless charging issue and it was not happening with any other phone or any other vehicle.Only his phone was not working and sales people did not know what to do. They just refused to accept that its an issue.
Regarding feedback I did receive call regarding the service and I informed them about the delay. They noted it down but I don't think they are going to make any changes
Thank you, I am facing a similar issue. My phone with and without cover immediately starts charging on all other Nexon cars except in my car. In my car I need to find the right spot to start charging and if the phone moves a bit while driving it stops and doesn't charge. They are ready to look into the issue if it's not all working it seems.

I called the manager and showed him today at the service center. They asked me to come tomorrow and then mentioned they would check by cleaning and with other car units. They promised to replace the part if nothing worked out. Fingers crossed and waiting for the positive reposne from them.

I did not get any call from Tata so far asking the feedback on service. The worst part is that I did not get a call from them even after purchasing vehicle .
Old 9th March 2024, 20:52   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh God ! Almost every single post on this thread has some or the other issues mentioned. I keep wondering what stops TATA from tightening the quality process or even taking care of the dealer personnel issues.

If it was a time when they didn't have good sales, there was still an excuse, but the sales growing and the dealers being happy, no excuse to dish out such crappy service experience for customers.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 06:55   #417
BHPian

Folks, I see nexon smart plus AMT and nexon pure AMT listed on tata website as well as cardekho as of today. Any news of these AMTs be8ng launhed in lower variants as well? I remember at launch AMT was launched only from creative variant onwards.
lightfootdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 09:39   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Got my car back yesterday. Thankfully there is no transmission malfunction error anymore. All they did was update the software and cleaned the sensors. After correcting the power-to-torque ratio of the gearbox. The car feels smoother to drive than before.
Well the issue is back again. On my way to kolhapur very early in the morning. The transmission malfunction error started popping up everytime after car reaches 80kmph speed. Seems like it happens after i drive a car on highway continuously for atleast for 30-40km. Is any DCA owner facing the same?

Last edited by tushky : 12th March 2024 at 09:54.
Old 12th March 2024, 13:38   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
Folks, I see nexon smart plus AMT and nexon pure AMT listed on tata website as well as cardekho as of today. Any news of these AMTs be8ng launhed in lower variants as well? I remember at launch AMT was launched only from creative variant onwards.
While I was talking to a TATA sales representative couple of weeks ago, he informed me that new AMT models are to be launched at lower price points in March.
DivyanshuDiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 13:51   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuDiv View Post
While I was talking to a TATA sales representative couple of weeks ago, he informed me that new AMT models are to be launched at lower price points in March.
Spoke to KHT motors, smart plus AMT and pure AMT have launched. Smart plus could be of interest as it's just below 10L resulting in lower taxes.

What are the reviews on AMT transmission? I read the thread regularly and hence DCA is a definite no-no with plethora of issues arising on Nexon DCA transmission cars.

Last edited by lightfootdriver : 12th March 2024 at 13:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks