Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2023, 07:33   #301
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review

Finally Nexon Creative+ DCA has been allotted to me. Received the email from dealership 3 days back. Eagerly waiting to do the PDI.

Insurance quote shared by dealership was Rs 68,000 with Zero Dep. Taking the loan from HDFC and they have shared the insurance quote of Rs 40,035 with Zero Dep, Consumables, Engine Cover, Key cover etc. How the dealerships fleece customers on insurance. Since my lead was provided to this dealership by HDFC Bank, they would not mind HDFC doing the insurance directly.

HDFC has also offered 2 Year extended Warranty at Rs 15,277 against OEM's warranty of Rs. 22,000. I had never heard of insurance compaines providing warranty. Even at a higher cost I am inclined to go ahead with Tata Motors' warranty for a hassle free experience. Has any one else experienced this?
KaartooS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 09:57   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaartooS View Post
HDFC has also offered 2 Year extended Warranty at Rs 15,277 against OEM's warranty of Rs. 22,000. I had never heard of insurance compaines providing warranty. Even at a higher cost I am inclined to go ahead with Tata Motors' warranty for a hassle free experience. Has any one else experienced this?
Always stick to the OEMs / Manufacturers extended warranty for the peace of mind. Warranties offered by such third party often have hidden terms and conditions and can noway match those of the OEM’s. Though they’re priced cheaper to attract buyers , it’s a trap and you’ll be made to work hard in the event of any claim.
ashvek3141 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 11:48   #303
BHPian

I've read so many similar stories from all over India with customers getting into a physical tiff with the dealership people in certain northern states even!

Comparing these stories to my experiences I've had buying 4 cars and 3 2-wheelers in the last 5 years here in Gujarat the difference is night and day.

Pretty much all car showrooms have at-home test rides, some offer them even if you live more than 10-15 kms away and a competing showroom is right in your area. Busy showrooms are usually very well staffed to cover large group of potential customers.

Maybe not all sales people are that spec proficient but they procure the info for you quickly and are great at follow-up. Must be the business minded Gujju people or just plain old professionalism but the transaction is always efficient and courteous and follow ups timely.

Now if only these positives would extend onto the on-road courtesy that would be the icing on the cake but that's a long way away.

Last edited by mpp1 : 22nd October 2023 at 11:53.
Old 27th October 2023, 11:39   #304
BHPian

Does anyone know the Nexon Facelift's headlamp LED Low and High beam LED bulb specification ? or at-least where to find these details? I did not see it anywhere in the User Manual book.
Old 27th October 2023, 15:13   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Claw View Post
Hello Everybody,

I have booked the tata Nexon Fearless DCA Daytona Grey.

Keeping fingers crossed and hoping to share my experience with the car soon!! ��
Hello!

have taken the delivery of the car on 24th and it has been mixed feelings since.

First of all the service touchpoints or point of contacts of the dealership have been underpar.

The car in itself is smashing and very good to look at although the dreaded tata qc continues.

I seriously expected a different experience and i think i have made a mistake the day I took the delivery of the car. A few kms from the dealership I noticed that the car makes some kind of a clutch slip noise (like when we change gears without engaging the clutch) in the second gear D2 even when there is no gear change happening. the screen went blank 15 mins in the drive suddenly. Started working after a restarting after 1 hour. While parking the car noticed the sensors are not working, the front sensors are beeping continuously.

When reported this to the dealership they said might be a software issue and asked me to come the next day.

Next day: nobody is there to pick the car, so they say I have to take the car to them? like ***, okay the next day, I take the car to the dealer, and they take the car to update but issue remains unresolved. they said i'd have to visit the service center and give me an appointment for the next week!!

Like there is no value of time or emotion of a customer who has bought a car and has been facing all the issues from day 1 literally hour 1.

Spoke to the customer care at tata, who said they will arrange a con call with the dealer service center. which is not yet done, and I don't see that happening any soon.

Called up the service station myself and asked them if I can show them my car over the weekend and take an appointment at the earliest.

I agree Dusshera is a busy day for the dealership, but that doesn't explain clearcoat scratches on the bonnet which were not present at the time of PDI in the stockyard. The color grey looks great in person thou!

Coming to the car experience, the car feels underpowered compared to Kushaq but is very good for a relaxed drive in the city.

The car is amazing but the experience has been ruined and I am literally confused and want to get all the issues fixed as soon as possible.

Looking for any possible leads or help to get the issues sorted out ASAP!
Captain Claw is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 11:31   #306
Senior - BHPian

I have Booked Fearless S + DCA in Red colour 20 days ago in Pune. My dealership is delivering DCA cars in every other color apart from Red. I have been offered other colors for immediate delivery. Is there any email id where i can request to allocate Red color for me?
tushky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 06:02   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Claw View Post
Hello!

have taken the delivery of the car on 24th and it has been mixed feelings since.
First of all the service touchpoints or point of contacts of the dealership have been underpar.
Looking for any possible leads or help to get the issues sorted out ASAP!
Oh! That's not the service anyone deserves. I would suggest visiting the showroom when it's the busiest and speaking with the GM. Also, a social media post could help tagging TML. It's a new launch so it might get the social media teams active that may put pressure. I noticed you are from Thane. Is this Heritage Tata?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I have Booked Fearless S + DCA in Red colour 20 days ago in Pune. My dealership is delivering DCA cars in every other color apart from Red. I have been offered other colors for immediate delivery. Is there any email id where i can request to allocate Red color for me?
It's a challenge. I had booked the Flame Red DCA before launch and was allotted a car 10 days back. I reckon White is the easiest to get. I noticed so many white Nexons parked in the stockyard when I went for PDI. If you have a contact at TML, it may help. Else, best to wait.

With so many variants and colour options, I am seeing this as a general trend that it's difficult to get the variant and colour option of your choice. OEMs can't put a colour on assembly lines until they have a sizeable order of a particular colour. I had booked a Red Sonet in July. They couldn't deliver the same to me in 5 weeks at a time when there was no waitintg period on Sonet. Cancelled and booked a Nexon afterwards.
KaartooS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 11:28   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaartooS View Post
Oh! That's not the service anyone deserves. I would suggest visiting the showroom when it's the busiest and speaking with the GM. Also, a social media post could help tagging TML. It's a new launch so it might get the social media teams active that may put pressure. I noticed you are from Thane. Is this Heritage Tata?
Yes, it is Heritage Tata. have been speaking to them, just went to the service center by myself to get a check with the SA if I should be driving the car, well he was against it and asked me to get an appointment at the earliest.

I genuinely hope that this problem is fixed by the service center with just a quick fix and I don't have to keep connecting to the showroom. Since it seems like they are least bothered by any of this. There is not even a courtesy call. Even missed calls are not returned. I wonder how busy can they be?

Last edited by graaja : 30th October 2023 at 12:03. Reason: Fixing quote
Captain Claw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 12:20   #309
BHPian

For those of you that have driven or currently own a Nexon 2023 - Request your help.

A friend of mine has a muscle weakness condition. Each time he tries to drive my Taigun he is unable to press the gear lever in order to shift it into DRIVE.

Question is - Is the lever on the Nexon digital? What i mean is does it have a lever to shift it into DRIVE etc. If so how hard is it to depress.

Somehow my friend found the Kushaq slightly better than the Taigun but if the Nexon offers a digital lever that would suit him best.
Old 31st October 2023, 01:18   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
For those of you that have driven or currently own a Nexon 2023 - Request your help.
The lever is like how it was in the old nexon, best would be for you or your friend to go and have a look. Do make sure to checkout both AMT and DCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavmurthym View Post
Does anyone know the Nexon Facelift's headlamp LED Low and High beam LED bulb specification ? or at-least where to find these details? I did not see it anywhere in the User Manual book.
Nexon FL has led headlamps where the LEDs can't be replaced to the best of my knowledge
Old 31st October 2023, 16:53   #311

Hello Fellow BHPians,

Has any test driven or received delivery of the Smart or Smart + variant of Nexon with manual 5 gears?

I am looking for a replacement for my Swift Dezire for my wife who is a new driver and I mostly drive in the city as XUV700 takes care of weekend drives.

We have shortlisted a few options in the range of 9 to 11 lakhs. The sunroof is not a criterion.

Punch Accomplished Dazzle (INR 9,70,0000 on-road Mumbai)
The Punch seems to be less to our liking due to its lack of six airbags, struggles on steep inclines

Exter S(O) (INR 9,20,0000 on-road Mumbai)
It has smooth manual gear shifts as compared to Punch. The clutch seems to be more sorted but the safety rating is yet not out.

Nexon Smart + (10,88,000 on-road Mumbai)
Picks most basics but there was no base 5 gear-based test drive vehicle available with the dealership.
They were having automatic which is not of my interest.

How much does it impact fuel efficiency to have one less gear, in cities it will be more cumbersome to drive Nexon for the new drivers if city mode is selected.

How much issue is noticeable in the manual gearshift for the new 2023 manual variant I don't want to test drive the automatic and purchase a manual

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st October 2023 at 17:19. Reason: minor spacing
Old 4th November 2023, 15:25   #312
BHPian

And before it's one month anniversary, the car won't start for no apparent reason.

Low oil pressure lamp is on
Malfunction indication lamp on
Immobilizer lamp on
Check engine lamp is on.

Of course tata service employees dodged me for entire morning and now they say the service vehicle will come to rescue the day after tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-pxl_20231104_0415465992.jpg  

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-pxl_20231104_0415278022.jpg  

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-img20231104wa00022.jpeg  

Pathfinder99 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 21:21   #313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder99 View Post
And before it's one month anniversary, the car won't start for no apparent reason.
During my PDI for the Creative Plus S AMT version, I saw this issue. The car suddenly switched off, and I could see the malfunction and check engine lights on. When I enquired with SA, he told me that it needs a software update that was released in October. I'm hoping that this is true. Otherwise, we will feel like the guinea pigs for Tata's facelift. After paying more than 16+ Lakhs, I hope they provide a better experience. Otherwise, I will regret canceling my Kia Sonet booking!
Rhombus90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 21:33   #314
BHPian

Took a test drive of the Nexon DCA today and here are my impressions

- DCA has transformed the Petrol option, this is now a decent automatic in the segment and is not a deal breaker like the AMT before

- Stunning looks

- Feature loaded

- Nice infotainment

Dislikes:
- The platform has weird ergonomics, high floor and low roof combination makes ingress and egress tricky, hard plastics on door pads at the rear and narrow footwell

- Fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired, infact I feel the first Nexon that came out was better in this regard, things have taken a wrong turn on this aspect

- Steering wheel is a party trick that was best avoided, here is a picture of the same, sticks out like a sore thumb!2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-20231104_125022.jpg

I noticed similar issues on the steering wheel of the new Harrier that was parked in the showroom, its not just the fit and finish, but the switches for steering controls were not easy to use, scrolling would lead to pressing the button leading to unintended actions, clearly needs immediate attention! Pre face-lift Nexon steering wheel that is still offered on Altroz and Punch are of much higher quality, pressing the horn pad was a different experience on every Nexon I experienced in the showroom, In one case pressing the illuminated or the piano black portion triggered the horn, in another it was working only on the sides and on the test drive car, I could trigger the horn only on pressing the area where the horn symbol was present

- There is something seriously wrong with the indicator clicks, I dont know if its my mind playing games, but the clicks vary in its intervals, also, the kick back of indicator stalks was way too earlier than I would have wanted, I had to switch on the indicator again many times as it kicked back mid turn, looks like the instrument console software needs some tweaking to sort this out

- One of the worst implementation of one touch window up/down operation I have experienced, same issue exists on Harrier too, one needs to hold on to the power window switch for a few seconds to trigger the one touch action (both up and down), I feel this is needless over engineering, should have been simpler like the ones used to be offered on VAG or is being offered on Honda City top end now

Last time I drove the Nexon, it was the Diesel from the first batch and I liked that better than this one, Clearly needed a platform change this time around. Punch and Altroz that were parked in the showroom are put together much better than the Nexon, it appears that cars made on ALFA platform are superior to X1/Omega Arc ones.
abaliga is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 08:23   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhombus90 View Post
During my PDI for the Creative Plus S AMT version, I saw this issue. The car suddenly switched off, and I could see the malfunction and check engine lights on. When I enquired with SA, he told me that it needs a software update that was released in October.
Ironically in my case this issue has come up right after the software update done in my car last week

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks